Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Are We Welcome? [Tag Citrine]

Femisis
Candidate

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:04 am

Are We Welcome? [Tag Citrine]

Niriru and Ziodyneth were doing their best to settle in, Niriru couldn't help but feel as though people disliked her. It was likely all in her head, of course, but she couldn't help feel the nagging doubt in the back of her mind. Zio seemed far less worried and often told her to cheer up, but that was easier said that done. She couldn't cheer up, however, if she didn't try, so at the very least she could attempt to improve her mood for her dragon's sake. Food tray in hand, she hovered off to the side of the dining den while scanning the gathered faces for a familiar one. Someone in her wing, maybe.
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth
Shigure of Blue Cyaleth | Tide
Akira of Green Auruth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith
Candidate Gaelio | Kimaris
High Reaches Weyr
Cesare of Brown Fuuth
Keith of Blue Shinadoth
Y'su of Blue Brenlosath
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
Citrine
Weyrfolk

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Yasmin had space; Yasmin was sitting alone, for certain. She was also reading, and not paying attention as well as she should have been to people. That was where her other half came in - Tenjouth was always paying attention, always watching through Yasmin's eyes and her own.

Put the book away, she advised-cum-ordered, and then reached a mental tendril out to Ziodyneth. If yours has nowhere to sit, Tenjouth proclaimed, she should sit with Yasmin over there. She's not reading anymore.

It's boring anyway, the garnet added to Yasmin, who just pressed her eyes shut for a second before closing the book. It's not boring, you just don't like that it doesn't have enough battles.

Having a friend is more interesting!

That was when Yasmin actually looked in the direction of seat-less Niriru, and noticed her, and waved. She actually did prefer to socialize over meals, really!
Fort
Healer's A'ryti of brown Maltiroth
Dusk Tikaya of blue Tisk
Weyrling Iscah of blue Goumath
High Reaches
Weyrling K'aer of bronze Remponath
Candidate Sietske
Moonshot Wingleader Alizette of green Ysanith
Firestorm Dashiel of green Eiraeyth
Semaca
Nocturne Yasmin of garnet Tenjouth
Weyrling Tavrie and brown Dromeath

Thread Tracker ☆ Plots & Schemes ☆ One Shots
Femisis
Candidate

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:31 pm

My thanks, Tenjouth, Ziodyneth replied, ever formal. Mine is not as adept at socializing in an unfamiliar place as some. He didn't mean it as an insult, simply stating a fact. This was a change for both of them, for the better he hoped. Tenjouth has informed me that hers would like a companion while eating her meal.

Thank you, Zio. I see her, Niriru told him as she walked toward Yasmin, a bemused smile on her face. The other woman was... interesting, as best she could tell. Their interactions thusfar had been limited to wing training, but it was about time she get to know her wingmates outside of practice. "A little dragon told me you were eating alone," she commented as she sat beside Yasmin and set her tray on the table. "They seem to think you shouldn't eat alone." Neither of them should eat alone.
Fort Weyr
Akira of Green Auruth
High Reaches Weyr
Cesare of Brown Fuuth
Keith of Blue Shinadoth
Y'su of Blue Brenlosath
Semaca Weyr
Karaze of Blue Karask
Citrine
Weyrfolk

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 am

"Tenjouth thinks I should not breathe alone," Yasmin offered by way of explanation, but her smile was bright if small, welcoming. She ate her salad very slowly, talking around a bite, chew, swallow, "The tables are public, of course -- you can sit with me anytime even without an invite, but of course I don't mind their interference. It's charming in its way."

Tenjouth, smug. Of course it was.

"Also, she thinks my reading material is boring."
Fort
Dusk Tikaya of blue Tisk
High Reaches
Candidate Sietske
Semaca

Thread Tracker ☆ Plots & Schemes ☆ One Shots
Femisis
Candidate

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 pm

"Hmm... I can't be that boring if someone is reading it," Niriru said as she sat across from Yasmin. Curious, she asked, "What is it you are, or were, reading?" That was a good way to start conversations, yes? Inquire about the interests of others to learn about them and build bonds of friendship. Perhaps she could even get some new reading material out of it.

I was hoping you would make a friend, not read more...
Fort Weyr
Akira of Green Auruth
High Reaches Weyr
Cesare of Brown Fuuth
Keith of Blue Shinadoth
Y'su of Blue Brenlosath
Semaca Weyr
Karaze of Blue Karask
Citrine
Weyrfolk

Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 am

Maybe they will be bookfriends, Tenjouth conceded, though it was clear she was also a little ... not irked so much as disappointed in the topic of conversation. And she loved stories! But not the stories Yasmin loved.

"It's a cozy mystery about a chef," Yasmin explained with a little smile, "and there's a murder in her kitchens and the guards are idiots. But since there are no big battle scenes or epic adventures, Tenjouth is bored. Because that is Tenjouth for you."

Yet the look in her eyes was nothing but adoration for that little quirk. Tenjouth had a very strong personality and very dedicated opinions.
Fort
Dusk Tikaya of blue Tisk
High Reaches
Candidate Sietske
Semaca