Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Candidate Syrene

Pan

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 pm
  • Link

Candidate Syrene

SYRENE
"I have the thing you love, but the need in me is way too much
If I open wide one of us may get lost inside."
-The Real Tuesday Weld, Me and Mr. Wolf

BASICS

RETIRE INFO: Retire
NAME: Syrene (Syreneis)
PRONOUNS: she/her/hers but flexible
ORIENTATION: Pansexual

BIRTHDATE: Early spring 2747
WING: N/A

APPEARANCE
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Dark brown
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 5'11", Lean/Runner's Build
PLAY-BY: Karen David
FULL APPEARANCE: Syrene has a runner's build. She lacks the endurance or strength of a more powerful figure, but she makes up for it by being quick and fit, with lean muscle. With long and slender limbs, she looks rather elegant, though not exceptionally tall by Pernese standards, standing at around 5'11". She wears her dark brown, straight hair long yet well-kept.

Syrene tends to wear relatively fine and rich clothing, but she also tends to like at least a small degree of utilitarian clothing. Often she will wear traditionally masculine items, with a touch of feminine flair. She clearly doesn't mind feminine clothing or colors, however. She has a fondness for pink accessories, such as ribbons, belts, or jewelry. Recently, however, she has taken to wearing "minimal" jewelry. She often wears a thin bracelet chain or two, perhaps an anklet, and some sort of simple, yet clearly expensive, necklace, such as a gem pendant.

She speaks slowly and deliberately, with a voice like honey, that flows gently. She rarely lets negative emotions into her voice, and often sounds rather calm, though she does sound excited at times. Her gait is relaxed, yet somehow deliberate and precise at the same time. She stands with shoulders back, with good posture, and moves carefully. Although she often moves somewhat slowly, much like how she speaks, she has relatively quick reaction time and reflexes, built for speed and quickness of response.

Never let it be said that Syrene doesn't care about her appearance. She's a little bit vain, and it shows in how she cares for her body and what she dresses in.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: Passionate, excitable, protective, adventurous, social, teasing, flirty, spoiled, ambitious, selfish, arrogant

Syrene doesn't love easily, but she loves strongly, hates intensely, and immerses herself in things she enjoys. While excitable, energetic, and overall passionate, she tends to keep her worries, fears, and pains to herself. She is quite protective of the few that she cares deeply for, and will have intense, sometimes short-lived, relationships with them. Of course, Syrene's favorite people are the strange, the passionate, and the dangerous, leading to a few tricky situations. Adventurous, Syrene likes to learn new things, meet new people, try new foods, explore new ways of being...you name it. She can be a bit foolish, without regard to consequences, when it comes to something that strikes her interest. She absolutely adores learning new things, and takes a naturally inquisitive, curious perspective on life. Maybe even nosy, especially when it comes to listening to gossip and rumors.

Syrene is very socially-oriented, with a cheerful, optimistic exterior. An extrovert, she loves being around people, and can be somewhat friendly. She likes to tease others and mess with them, but rarely takes responsibility for her actions. She's a huge flirt...but rarely has romantic intention. While generally well-meaning, Syrene can offer genuine insults with surprising venom when she feels slighted. Letting go of grudges? Sounds fake. Unfortunately, she's also petty.

Syrene got everything she wanted as a child, and remains spoiled rotten. If she wants something, she's going to get it, eventually. She's not petulant or whiny--just determined to get what she wants. Her stubbornness is legendary--she likes having to fight for what she wants, to a degree, but still feels entitled to it. She's been ambitious and power hungry her whole life, and has grown to resent her sibling, the "heir" of their minor hold. Now that she's older, however, she can get power her way. She is proud and arrogant, with a fiery heart, relentless and unyielding. Although she is decisive, resolute, and dedicated, she is also ruthless and often self-serving. While some of her ambition is selfless (albeit based in the egotistical belief that she'd be a great leader), much of it is selfish.

HISTORY
FAMILY:
-Father: Reisne
-Mother: Misyren
-Brother (2 turns older): Isremis
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: (optional)
BIRTHPLACE: Minor Hold under High Reaches
HISTORY:
Beholden to High Reaches, Thistle Hold was a minor hold with a traditional view on most things. Not especially large or populous (though not tiny), even by minor hold standards, it was nonetheless ruled by what was considered to be the Lord Holder, Reisne, and his wife, Misyren. The family seemed to believe their small hold was similar to a major hold. Tradition was strongly important. For example, Thistle blood was considered with pride within the minor hold, and the oldest child was always named heir. Unfortunately for Syrene, born Syreneis, she was the second-born.

Syreneis hated her name at a young age, so she picked the nickname Syrene. It was so much more elegant without that last bit at the end. As a young child, she would often through a fit when referred to as Syreneis, though of course, as she grew, she'd only offer barbed insults if someone insisted referring to her by that name. Her brother, of course, loved getting on her nerves, in a mostly-normal-sibling way, so he'd often call her that. Her brother was, in her opinion, a good-for-nothing who liked annoying her. A bit lazy, perhaps, Isremis was a sturdy, reliable man, though perhaps a better follower than a leader. He cared for his sister, of course, he just loved irritating and upsetting her, and never quite grew out of that annoying-brother role. If anyone else upset her, though, he would stand up for her...assuming she wasn't there to stand up for herself. She never quite recognized it, and although she feels some degree of love towards her brother, their relationship has been rocky, mostly because of the title he possesses of heir.

Despite being ambitious and showing a voracious hunger for leadership and responsibility, as well as more skill with command than her brother, even from a young age, it was Isremis who was named heir from his birth. Two turns older than his sister, he would often lord his "position" over her, aware of how it bothered her. As he aged, he matured beyond being quite that much of a nuisance, since it was such a sore spot for her. Her brother's jabs still haunted her. She knew she'd be lucky to be married off into some modicum of power. She constantly felt under Isremis's shadow, struggling to make herself known in a hold where people only seemed to care about her brother. Perhaps it would be less evident in a less arrogant hold, but in Thistle, her brother was carefully groomed and well regarded, as heir. Because of all this, she constantly worries about being inferior to her brother, and struggles with a tendency to try to portray herself as more competent than she is.

During her early life, she made many friends, and took charge of her cliques. Perhaps a bit needlessly bossy, Syrene felt the need to be in charge of something, desperately. She always felt the burning desire to lead others, though as of her past it has been for the selfish reason of simply hungering for power and control. She made friends, attracting a certain sort of people. She also made enemies. Sometimes, she made friends who were enemies, or enemies who were friends. Other than this, much of her life was rather ordinary, with a constant struggle for responsibility that she was never given. Spoiled, perhaps, and getting her way in everything but what mattered most. Hold politics didn't favor her, and her parents grew tired of her endeavors. When she was 19, dragons visited the hold, and both her parents and Syrene were pleased when the riders searched her. She remains convinced that she will Impress gold.

While she never cared much for weyr politics until moving to High Reaches, she is of the belief that golds should be in charge. It is the natural order of things, of course, and she sees the shift to golds-being-in-charge as inevitable.

UPDATES
  • Update goes here!
Last edited by Pan on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Pan

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:22 pm
  • Link

What type of candidate is your character: Dragon

What color/s are you willing to impress to?: Any but gold. But...if you're considering bronze, I consider you to think very carefully about if you really want this one on bronze. I'm alright with it...but would the Weyr be alright with it? The rank possibilities associated with each color would affect how she responds to the Impression, which is something to keep in mind. I can explain how she'd respond to each, if that helps with matching, but otherwise I'll just leave it at that.
What color/s does your character want?: Goldgoldgoldgoldgoldgold. MAYBE bronze. But gold.
Do you/your character have any personality preferences or concerns?: Syrene wants something ambitious. I can think of a few options that would be interesting with her. I'm fine with something that contributes to her personality, as well as something conflicting with it. Probably not something afraid or anything like that.
Do you/your character have any other preferences or concerns?: Probably not something she has to defend or protect--it's best if they're on equal footing. If the dragon is better than her, though, that works.
Why do you think these choice/s would be a good fit?: I think I explained that stuff in the above, but if anything else needs more explaining, let me know.

Do you have any preferences about the conditions of your character’s impression?: Nope
Are you alright with your character getting hurt? What injury level is acceptable/what should be avoided?: Anything up to permanent

Is there anything you will ABSOLUTELY NOT accept?: Not that I can think of!
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux