Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Tyriani's One Shots

A place to put drabbles, one-shots, theme challenges, letters to other characters, and other assorted in-character bits.
Tyriani

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:09 am
  • Link

Tyriani's One Shots

Last edited by Tyriani on Mon May 20, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyriani

Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm
  • Link

The Hatching of Gold Ciask

This was yet another try that Ciaselai had a feeling was going to turn against her. She was starting to get impatient on finding her match, but she was also starting to feel less and less hurt from it. Perhaps that was because of all of the times that she has been standing for these hatchings and getting passed up by the clutchmother. The woman stood where she normally stood, slightly off to the left, but still part of the group. She had her scribing instruments waiting in her room. She was starting to already take mental notes of which egg looked like what and who the gold clutchmother was giving them too.

She couldn't help but notice the brightly colored gold egg though, and it just seemed to call to her, but she knew that wasn't going to be the case today. She watched though as the gold wher gave each egg out one by one. After passing out the first eleven eggs, the only one left was the pretty gold. Ciaselai stood and watched as candidates older and younger than her got picked to bond with the wherlet that came from their egg, but it was when the clutchmother came to her and rolled the golden egg to her, that she looked shocked. "Thank you." She didn't get a response, or at least if she did she didn't hear it, from the clutchmother.

Moments after the egg was given to her, it started to shake and hatch. From this golden egg, came a brightly colored gold wher. Ciaselai wasted no time, she cut her hand and smeared the blood on the wher's head, and she saw the rainbows flash through the newly hatched gold's eyes.

You are Ciask's now. Ciask stay by you. You stay by Ciask.

Ciaselai made no objections and instead, she lowered herself down to hug Ciask before they moved to get the gold fed. Ciaselai now felt complete, and she was as happy as one can be. She knew that she would impress to a wher, but she enver once dreamed that she would impress to a gold wher. That was above and beyond what she originally thought. She had always been sure that she was going to bond to a green.

Green no good for you. Gold best color for you. You got gold.

Yes, I got the best gold.
Tyriani

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:52 pm
  • Link

Conversations of Bonding To Another Wher

I'm bored. Ciaselai looked at the gold. It was dark out, and they didn't have anything to do, so they were sitting at the lake. How are you bored? She was confused for sure, but she was curious as to what the gold wanted to not be bored. While she waited on Ciask's response, Nanami was pestering for a piece of meat scrape, and Ciaselai obliged. Need more company. Need another bond. Ciaselai looked at Ciask, shock clearly showing on her face. "What? You and Nanami aren't enough for me?" Her words carried her shock, and were said aloud. That made the wher basically rumble a purr then.

Mini-green nothing. You need more challenge. We need new friend. "You know, for a gold who is timid, you sure do want a new wher to join the family mighty bad." There was no response from the wher, and Ciaselai took the time to think on it. She didn't think it was a bad idea, but she also didn't know if it was the best idea. She had heard stories of wherhandlers who impressed to another wher while being bonded to a gold wher. Those stories scared her a bit, but if Ciask was the one asking, perhaps she was okay with it.

"If another wher bonds to me, you cannot be mean to it. You cannot use force to move them around, and you must be friendly." The gold looked at Ciaselai, and it made the handler chuckle. She knew what was about to happen and she held her hands up as the gold came over and started to love on her. Yes? Ciaselai pushed the wher away and nodded while laughing. "Yes, I'll start standing to possibly gain us a new wher friend." The wher rumbled with delight as she laid back down. Nanami moved from Ciaselai's arm to the wher's back and settled down as they watched the lake.

Thank you. "Always my love." That was the end of that conversation, and now, Ciaselai knew that she had to keep her promise of standing for another wher to possibly bond to. When it would happen, she didn't know, but it would happen one day.
Tyriani

Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 pm
  • Link

One's True Self Showing

They were listening to the many discussions about the Weyr. It was still flooded in parts, and didn't seem like it was going to dry out any time soon. Things didn't look the best for them, and Onnora didn't know if they ever would again. She feared that this tragedy would sink Olarith further into the state that he was in. She feared that she was never going to see that dragon that she first felt, before the pain set in. She still regretted that, every day. She knew that it was her own stubborn fault, and that is what caused the dragon to feel the way he does now. But even still, she didn't see him as she moved from her temporary home. She, instead, saw him standing over the cliffs. He had started to do that more and more as of late.

She wondered what it meant for him. As she walked to him, she noticed that he seemed to be standing there quite proudly. He said nothing, and neither did she. She wanted to see how he was acting. She wanted to know if this was the true personality that he was born with, and not some fake one that he was trying to put on her for own sake. She knew that he was loyal, but he was also overly protective and clingy at times. She wanted him to be free of that burden. Sure, she was going to be in pain for a while, but that didn't mean that he had to be. She needed to bear her own wounds and learn from them. He didn't need to burden himself with them.

How does it feel? He didn't look at her, instead he opened his wings to flare them a bit before he launched from the cliff. He was soaring and flying, something that he had always seemed so unsure of doing. He would fly, but he would be timid. Right now, he didn't look or feel timid. She was able to connect with his mind easier, as if he wasn't trying to fight her. She watched where he was going, and she remembered the lesson that they had gotten from Hecate and Cabadath. She watched the skies in front of him and relayed the images that she saw of obstacles, only to see him move with them.

I feel free. I feel like myself. I feel like I can be the most handsome dragon that Pern has seen, and I have a beautiful rider. Onnora smiled at the thought before something seemed to remind her of the day of the hatching. It was the same personality that she had felt then, but the moment the memory of the hatching reached her mind, it reached Olarith's causing him to falter and retreat back to the protective ways that he has been ever since. She sighed, knowing that this was her fault, yet again. I am sorry Olarith. She couldn't say anything else, for tears were already brimming over as the blue landed next to her, no longer feeling prideful.

We will help you get better Olarith, I promise. Neither of them said anything, as they both seemed to relive the things that just happened. She knew that it would happen again, and happen permanently, but it was just going to take some time. They were going to work at it, they both seemed to vow that promise.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux