Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Atlas] Going Forwards

A large, hot, sandy cavern that opens to the sky. There are stone seats and large ledges for humans and dragons to come watch the events.
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm

[Atlas] Going Forwards

Tuckal's cot had been moved to the sands, and she was spending much of her time on it. Serapheth's clutch had been small, only ten eggs, but she knew her gold was proud. Extremely proud of them anyways. They were fine.

She had healers checking in, and she still had plenty of rest. The headache had lessened, her mobility had improved, but she still was lying down while having Jeremiah run errands for her. Journey was doing her part too, but everything was focused on the eggs.

It was only a matter of time before Negan came to talk, and she was as ready as she would ever be.
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Weyrling/Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
Weyrling Mishima of Blue Harmoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
Weyrling F'ero of Garnet Hellfith
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Z'kon of Bronze Gottmitunth
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
AtlasHyperion
Candidate

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Negan had heard that Tukal didn't seem like she wasn't doing that good, that she nearly had a seizure during the flight. For the past few days he'd been showing off, cocky and sure of himself. Every notch turned up to eleven, but, he knew that he'd have to make an effort to go and talk to her and not get on every one of her nerves.

Hands in his pants pockets as he arrived at the sands, he was trying to think of what to say. A joke? Something serious? Plans for the future? Something about the eggs? A greeting would do for now, he decided. As he made his way over to the Weyrwoman, he also thought that he should ask of her condition.

"Well, as I live and breathe, you sure seem comfy out here." A pause. "Y'feelin' any better, Tukal? Heard you've been havin' a rough go."
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Right on time.

Sort of.

Tuckal was sure she looked terrible, as she was kind of a ruffled lump on the cot and did not look particularly great. She made a vague motion over to the chair that Jeremiah usually stayed in. They were going to be okay, she was sure about it.

"Healers say I'm doing better. I can sit up for more than a few seconds without wanting to die, but I'm still supposed to be on bedrest for a few more days." At least she was trying to still run the weyr from a cot. "And congrats on the win, even if I heard Wireth is sensitive about the clutch size."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
AtlasHyperion
Candidate

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Negan sat in the chair she motioned to, glad that there was actually something decent to sit on. Tukal did not look good, he thought she looked like someone who had caught a bad cold and outright refused to move from bed, which was understandable. Had he had a seizure, Negan wouldn't move either.

"Well, hey," he said after a quick laugh at the 'wanting to die' comment. "I'm glad you're feelin' better. Good on the healers for keepin' you in bed too, you walkin' everywhere n' runnin' everything would probably keep you in rough shape for a while." A small smile broke out on his face. "I think he's more sensitive about all the people blaming the clutch size on him and him bein' short. He thinks the size is just fine, proud of em' all like he should be. Can't say that I'm not proud of em' too, seem like a good bunch."
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm

That got her to laugh. A little bit. About as much as she could manage.

It was an improvement.

"Serapheth thinks they're fine, and that's what matters. She says they're healthy even if they're small. Ten eggs are better than none at all." Tuckal was going to take every victory she could. The flight was fine, she would be fine. She couldn't remember a lot now and then but this seemed okay. "She's gonna let me over to them as soon as I'm able, I haven't gotten a good look at them all yet."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
AtlasHyperion
Candidate

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:30 pm

Good, she was laughing. That meant he wasn't driving her nuts yet. Maybe the Weyr wouldn't burn down before Serapheth's next flight.

"Yeah, I'd hate to see her reject her own eggs. There's been too many problems for Fort the last little while, I think a nice small clutch is what we need. Give us all a break and give those candidates something to look forwards to." He knew that ten eggs was a small gold clutch, and that the eggs themselves were small. Maybe something was wrong with Serapheth, or maybe Tuckal's health impeeded on the clutch. But, Negan wouldn't bring that up right now. "I haven't gotten a look at them myself either, heard bits and pieces about them from other people though. Mind if I tag along when you go see?"
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 pm

"Has Wireth even seen them fully yet?"

Tuckal had admittedly been out of it for a while. If Serapheth had been open about her eggs aside from an initial look at the clutching, she wasn't entirely sure. But the gold herself was dutifully tending to the eggs without a second thought to them both.

"Whenever I'm good enough to stand, I'll get a look at them." Or Jeremiah would carry her.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
AtlasHyperion
Candidate

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 am

"Hm... no, no I don't think. We've both been meaning to, y'know. We'll probably tag along with you when you go and see em'."

Both Negan and Wireth were preoccupied with showing off, but they also knew that the queen and her rider needed their space. It wouldn't be proper- when were they ever proper?- to go and barge in on Serapheth and her eggs without a warning?

"Don't push it though, wait it out for your health. Don't want you collapsing and dying out there."
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:21 pm

That got a chuckle out of her again. Laughing was definitely good, it was some semblance of normalcy in her otherwise terrible condition. She was not doing too great, but maybe keeping herself actually resting for a while would really do her well. There was nothing she could do otherwise but actually rest.

"I'll take it easy." Tuckal said with a weary nod. "Having collapsed on the sands once already, it's not something I would recommend."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre