Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Nerd Squad! [Madds, Gen]

Sari
Traveler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:15 am

Nerd Squad! [Madds, Gen]

It was a shame that he had to share a room with a suspicious character. All characters were suspicious, of course, but it meant that Lorum had to hide his work from prying eyes. Naturally, he would have loved to decorate his room with his information, his ideas--but even if he'd had his own weyr, he could hardly risk someone walking in.

Instead, he had a notebook. He kept it on him at all times, so no one could find it. As he brainstormed ideas, possible threats and conspiracies, he wrote them down. Some were grounded in reality, to a degree; most were just his creativity. Maybe deep down he recognized that. Still, he muttered to himself from where he sat in the common area, writing down possible ideas. "But what if...and then...but oh, shards, it could...and then maybe...harpers? But no..."

Incoherently muttering while writing furiously in a book did not make him the most approachable conversationalist, but he did look up when he noticed that someone else was in the room with him. How long had they been there? "Oh. Hi. I don't suppose you've come to find me for my knowledgeable expertise in some area? I am a very busy man, but if you insist, I can lend my intelligence to your issue."

Obviously, that was the only reason that they would be looking at him. Not the muttering. He glanced from one to the other, quirking an eyebrow. They didn't look like much, either of them. Looks could be deceiving, he supposed. Were they here for his help, or his work? He gripped the book tightly, snapping it closed. Just in case.

((Took a few liberties here, just let me know if you'd like anything changed! NERD SQUAD GO!))
Thread Tracker
Fort Weyr
Candidate Lorum

Candidate Ariruen (WIP)
High Reaches Weyr
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth (WIP)
Green Efy & Green Ery

Candidate Nyrida
Brown Envy
Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth (WIP)

E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Green Mid

Candidate Viiox (WIP)
Brown Vijr
ladyweathervain
Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm

"Uh, no actually I was just..." Tarquin had been doing his own wandering and just...realized that one of the other candidates was doing a thing he used to do. Mumble and talk to himself and try and make things work...

"What are you working on? I'm working on stuff myself, honestly, maybe we can share ideas! I don't have anyone else to talk to in this weyr so-" A pause and he took a couple steps back. "...Uh... Sorry. Trying to taper back on how much I ask people things..."
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Zul of Brown Zulsk
Pyrus of Blue Gask
Hanzo of Blue Velocith
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Daiya of Gold Daisk
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Barold of Blue Impacth
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Phyna of Gold Lutrath
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
G'dan of Bronze Anubaath
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Kiki of Green Ghyblith
Ganymede of Green Auth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Adeline
Ignys
Weyrling

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:30 am

Cricket had some writings of her own, along with several she'd borrowed from others for the moment. She hadn't meant to stumble into the other two, squeaking in alarm and struggling to keep everything in her arms.

"Huh? Oh. No I was... I was headed back to my quarters." She cleared her throat awkwardly, shuffling her load a bit. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Well, that and the fuzziness of her peripheral vision...

But the prospect of knowledge and information piqued her interest.

"Oh. Wh-what kind of information?" Cricket set her things down carefully, looking at the currently-nameless-information-man. "My issue? I don't think I have an issue. Well I mean not one that can be solved by knowledge. Or well maybe not OUR knowledge-" She stopped her self with a little shake of her head. "Sorry. I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Cricket."
Last edited by Ignys on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sari
Traveler

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:37 am

Lorum gave a (slightly nervous) laugh. They sure had a lot to say! He did too, he supposed, but it seemed they hadn't come looking for him. Still, they seemed keen on the company, and one even asked about his work. "Well, if you insist..." he said, a grin forming on his face. "I do have a lot of wonderful ideas, on account of my brilliant deductions about Weyr life." Maybe they would understand his ideas. Maybe they could grasp them, unlike some of the idiots who mocked him. The idiots who just couldn't understand the truth.

"Well, Cricket, and Other," he began, nodding to first Cricket, and then to the questioning man, "My name is Lorum, and you see, I have a plethora of knowledge and logic that I enjoy drawing upon. Many come seek my help with their studies." Maybe one or two people did, but no one considered him in the way he seemed to think himself. "Before I begin discussing the entirety of my work, I would prefer to hear about you two. Time must not be wasted on the foolish, particularly those who may hinder it, rather than help." He should gauge their worth, after all, no matter how much he liked talking about it.

All it would take was one more question to get him to relent, of course, but...he did also want to learn about them. He was curious--even if he wasn't incredibly sociable, he was still curious.
Thread Tracker
Fort Weyr
Candidate Lorum

Candidate Ariruen (WIP)
High Reaches Weyr
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth (WIP)
Green Efy & Green Ery

Candidate Nyrida
Brown Envy
Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth (WIP)

E'nyo of White Nohadoth