Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Z'nakin of garnet Rinisath

thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:18 pm
  • Link

Z'nakin of garnet Rinisath

Z ' N A K I N

"You're the part of me that makes me better no matter where I go
So I will try not to cry
No one needs to say goodbye"

BASICS

RETIRE INFO: Retire Z, adopt Rinisath
NAME: Z'nakin (Zulninakin, Zu, 'nakin)
PRONOUNS: she/her/hers
ORIENTATION: panromantic pansexual, falls in love easily but has trouble actually following through with a relationship

BIRTHDATE: Winter 2742
OCCUPATION: rider, bubble of delight, relationship advisor, best friend
WING: Daylight

APPEARANCE
EYES: dark brown, warm and pleased
HAIR: black, unapologetically curly and lively
HEIGHT AND BUILD: six feet and three inches, slender and willowy
PLAY-BY: Yaya DaCosta
FULL APPEARANCE:

The first thing most people notice about 'nakin is that her hair has a life of its own. It contains both volume and personality within the curls, a riot of movement the response to the slightest of stimulus. She keeps her well-maintained hair relatively long, and subdues it only when absolutely necessary. Her helmet is larger than strictly necessary, in order to accommodate her hair.

Her sartorial choices tend towards light, feminine cuts and colors. She likes long, silky dresses more than anything, and elegant is the theme of the day. Elegant is something she does well, being both tall and slender. She does not like to wear a lot of jewelry, but does like cosmetics. Her nails are frequently colored, and she tends towards pastel colors. Bold, assertive colors make her uncomfortable, although she would look good in them.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY:

'nakin is a light, bubbly young woman. It is very difficult to get her down, and she likes to believe the best of everyone. Her strengths lie in her optimism, and in her kindness. She has a seemingly boundless enthusiasm for life. And, yeah, not everything is perfect, but even long sweep shifts and rough Falls can't get 'nakin's spirits down for long. Life isn't fair, but there's no point getting gloomy about it. Life is too short for that.

She is also a relentless romantic. Everything is lovely, and she often daydreams about having the perfect Harper-tale weyrmate. Sure, she's made it this far without one, but how often do those come around, anyways? The fantasy is just fine, for now. She has a lot on her plate, after all, it being a Pass and war looming again.

HISTORY
FAMILY:
Mother - Niline, holder, deceased
Father - Luznak, holder, deceased
SIGNIFICANT OTHER:
BIRTHPLACE: cothold beholden to Telgar Hold
HISTORY:

For much of her life, Z'nakin went by various nicknames. Her mother called her 'Nina', but her father and most of the hold called her 'Zulni'. Zulninakin was, after all, the culmination of three generations of extended family who all wanted to have some say in this name. It was considered to be a mouthful for a slip of a girl, but her father Luznak insisted that she would grow into it. And she did. By the age of twelve, she was taller than most of the children of the cothold. And at fifteen, Zulni went through the traumatic experience no one should - the loss of her parents in a weyr raid. Igen colors. Zulni swore off dragonkind.

That was until a young man she was courting - or was he courting her? They were walking out, at the very least - was Searched. She was invited to the Hatching, which was uneventful. All eleven eggs hatched without incident, and even the candidates were well behaved. Even her beau, who Impressed to a fine little blue. There was a crack in her dislike, now, and when she was Searched a Turn later, she went willingly. Telgar had not attacked its own holds. That she knew of, at least, and that was the important thing.

For two Turns, Zulni did not find her other half. She fell in love half a dozen times, though, and lost many friends to weyrlinghood. When she was given the chance to attend a clutch at Fort, though Zulni jumped at the opportunity. Fort was so exciting! Everything interesting happened at Fort, it seemed, and that held true even for this clutch, the Galactic Royalty clutch. Shared between two garnets, and it was the first time Zulni had Stood for a shared clutch.

The very first egg to hatch was the Pink Sugar Egg, a darling little thing of pink and white, and a little gold emblem in the center! It revealed garnet Rinisath, who took her time looking over the candidates assembled for her. Finally, she came to Zulni.

'nakin? Hello, 'nakin! You were so far away, I forgot what you felt like. I'm so glad I found you, though. Could you just imagine what might have happened if I didn't?

And Zulni became Z'nakin, often referred to as 'nakin, part of the first clutch at a crippled and recovering Fort, with a recently dragonless weyrlingmaster. One of 'nakin's fears had been that she would become too tough to enjoy the things she always had, but with Rinisath, that just didn't happen. Upon graduation, they joined Daylight Wing, and met the ancient menace as part of a wing.

'nakin doesn't like the grim-dark tone of the world these days, and goes rather out of her way to bring light and laughter to her friends. If it comes to war, she's not sure she has the stomach to meet other dragons in combat.
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:21 pm
  • Link

UPDATES
  • trash talking with Makoto
  • clutchmate slumber party
  • R'qua
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:23 pm
  • Link

R I N I S A T H

BASICS

NAME: Rinisath
BIRTHDATE Early Fall 2764

CLUTCHING

CLUTCHING: NO
FLIGHTS: two

APPEARANCE

LENGTH: thirty-three feet
HEIGHT: nine feet
WINGSPAN: fifty-two feet
COLOR: Garnet
HEX CODE: #E380A3
FULL APPEARANCE: A peppy little garnet, with emphasis on little! Rinisath is on the smaller side with a very petite frame. She looks like she had just will never lose her baby fat, a certain cuteness that will stay with her forever. She is a pale, bubblegum pink all over. Her face has elaborate pink markings, in a very light rose and a darker more flowery pink, like she has some elaborate jewelry over her headknobs and eye ridges. Her legs are also covered in various pinks, looking like gloves and boots. Her wing joints have a light pink circle across them, with darker, salmon-y pink ribbons that curl over the sails in elegant, graceful swirls.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: Rinisath is a very upbeat little garnet. She is incredibly social and friendly, and loves reaching out to other people to make friends. She can be shy when she first comes into a new situation, but she warms up to people very quickly. She's a little bit vain, often looking up to all the female dragons she knows to admire their beauty and trying to find ways to look more pretty herself, such as accents to her straps or pretty things in her weyr. She is very particular about making sure she is well kept, and she has a deep adoration for other garnets, because reds and pinks are her very favorite colors and always will be! Somewhat of a romantic, she dreams of having the perfect Weyrmate and will often bug her rider with silly daydreams about finding a Weyrmate of their own.

She is somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to work, wanting to produce the best she can. She thrives on compliments and encouragement, and always strives to give her all to her rider and the Weyr at large. To her rider, she is very loving; she occasionally needs encouragement when she feels down, but she is very positive for the most part. She bickers in a friendly, loving manner with Usakinth quite often, but is very close with her sister. She loves to spend time outdoors watching the wild life, but is terrified of the thunder and lightning that come with big storms, instead cowering in her weyr until it passes.

Voice: Rinisath has a soft, little voice like that of a child, with occasional bouts of excited loudness.

HATCHING

Clutch: Galactic Royalty
Dam: Garnet Cerebrath
Sire: Brown Laugath
Hatching Number: first!
Impression Number: also first!
Details: Despite being the first to hatch, Rinisath took her sweet time finding her person. She inspected every candidate that stood between her and Zulni, until she could melt against the tall young woman.

Pink Sugar Egg

We should keep an eye on this one, Mine. The world seems to like to stamp out kindness wherever possible.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux