Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

K'me of Green Wadjeth

Pan
Peacekeeper

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 am
  • Link

K'me of Green Wadjeth

K'ME
"The mind never lies…"
-AI: The Somnium Files

BASICS

RETIRE INFO: Retire, can adopt Wadjeth's image (blank adopt)
NAME: K'me [Kaname]
PRONOUNS: he/him/his
ORIENTATION: Bisexual

BIRTHDATE: Late Spring 2731
WING: Aurora

APPEARANCE
EYES: Heterochromatic: Olive green / Light brown
HAIR: Sandy blond
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 6'2" and Slender
PLAY-BY: Kaname Date [AI: The Somnium Files]
EXPY SOURCE: Kaname Date [AI: The Somnium Files]
FULL APPEARANCE: K'me is around 6'2", residing well within normal brackets for his height. He is slender in form, with his "strength" being how quick he reacts and moves, rather than any physical endurance or true strength. In terms of sheer power, he is quite lacking, and while his ability to sprint is phenomenal, he can't run for longer distances without getting winded. His hair, worn a bit shaggy with part of it pulled back, is a sandy brown in color, light enough that it looks nearly blond. He enjoys wearing dark colors, often preferring black, gray, and darker hues of purple. The most notable thing about his appearance is that one eye is an olive green, while the other is brown. His expressions tend to be a bit exaggerated, and often a bit dumb.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: Despite having no biological children, and only one adopted child, K'me is undeniably a dad. He is protective and nurturing, with an impulse to take care of others. He also makes dad jokes, even if others don't have the context to understand what the forsk he's talking about. He's a bit sassy, with dry sarcasm, and enjoys jokes and wordplay. As a result, he's a bit of a nerd. Despite his big heart and tendency to care deeply, he can and will insult others, but it's usually just banter. He tends to get annoyed when other people tease him back. There is a very fine line between what he considers to be acceptable teasing or mocking, and what he takes personally, and this line is rarely obvious or clear to others, due to miscommunication and being unclear about it. He is extremely loyal, as well as protective, but often doesn't make the best decisions.

He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, and usually hides his emotions, but he's often extremely invested in others and making them happy. Should he fail, he feels devastated. Emotional, this greenrider tends to feel things strongly, but manages to compartmentalize well. K'me makes rash decisions, following his heart and his "intuition," and as a result, he can be impulsive, especially around those he cares about. He's full of love, and struggles to make decisions that hurt his loved ones, but when tragedy strikes, he manages to keep a cool head--even going into "cold mode." When he needs to, he is a competent individual; the rest of the time, he's somewhat stupid. K'me can be smart, capable of strong deductive reasoning, but he contrasts this with being forgetful, oblivious, and gullible, when the situation allows for it. Susceptible to rumors, he often believes anything he hears, though when presented with the real facts, he will deny having been convinced of the opposite. Still, he's intuitive and perceptive about his surroundings, quick to make certain connections, while remaining oblivious to others. He's very detail-oriented, to the point of entirely missing the big picture. He is incredibly stupid around most things, despite having the ability to reason well...but only under certain circumstances. He often gives others the benefit of the doubt, due to feeling like everyone is trustworthy until proven otherwise, and is dumb enough that he can be convinced of outlandish theories if he considers someone a reliable source...even if it's only because they haven't proven themselves not to be.

No matter what happens, he remains resilient, but when things get stressful, he's prone to pushing himself too hard. He will go without food and sleep if he feels he needs to protect others by working hard. He works hard in all he does, and can be quite self-sacrificing. Still, he often thinks he's right and that he knows best, and can be both smug and insufferable when he actually is right. Despite often being a silly goofball, he takes himself very seriously. He has very little sense of timing, and lacks tact, but he genuinely cares about others, even if he pushes them sometimes.

HISTORY
FAMILY:
-Dragonrider parents (unknown)
-Es'ra of Green Hitomith [Late Weyrmate]
-Tesa [Adopted Daughter]
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: None
BIRTHPLACE: High Reaches Weyr
HISTORY: Born at High Reaches Weyr in spring of '31, Kaname was raised under Golre's rule. He never really knew his parents, at least not well. They were dragonriders, but he was raised in the creche. His father was a mystery, but he knew that his mother was a greenrider, despite seeing her rarely, if ever. His youth was relatively uneventful, despite growing up under Golre. He moved through life in a carefree manner, and would not form an opinion on metallic dragons until his candidacy, and later, his Impression.

In 2746, Kaname became a candidate. His life grew a bit more stressful, due to Golre's treatment of candidates, and he hoped desperately for a bronze. He had no aspirations, but he didn't want to live a terrible life as a chromatic rider under the mad queen. Four turns later, in 2750, he Impressed...but not to a bronze. A green, and one who teased him mercilessly, but he wouldn't trade her for anything. His life grew more difficult, and he was treated as if he didn't matter. One of the Weyrlings he Impressed alongside, Es'ra, became a dear friend. They graduated in 2751. In 2752, when he was 21, Tesa was born to Es'ra, but the father was not involved at any point. Despite being a rider, Es'ra was extremely involved in her daughter's life--and K'me, as a close family friend, was involved as well.

In 2755, thread began to fall and the war finally ended. But Golre's rule did not.

Both K'me and Wadjeth had known Tesa since her birth. Es'ra and K'me danced around the idea of romance, but when Tesa was 4, and K'me 25, he finally started dating Es'ra. They were happy, and Tesa finally had a family beyond just her mother. When Tesa was 9 and K'me was 30, however, in the Summer of 2761, Es'ra was among the wing sent to attack Fort. She died in the battle, and K'me fully adopted Tesa, determined to take care of the now-orphaned 9 turn old. K'me felt some degree of guilt, due to not being in the same wing, and unable to protect the mother, and wants to 'make it up to' Tesa, by raising her as well as he can.

As a candidate, K'me had been wary; as a greenrider, his wariness became constant suspicion. Even when Golre died, in 2761, K'me harbored a strong distrust of metallic dragons. He was among the exodus of Autumn of the same turn, however, fleeing just before Golre's reign ended. Despite Fort maintaining a traditional model, and High Reaches eventually converting to a more democratic one, K'me never quite trusted High Reaches (which only increased when the Weyr stole eggs, or when they got a queen from Ista).

In '62, he Impressed to Eyeball--named for her 'large eyes'--in hopes that the firelizard would help with his grief. When Semaca was established, K'me briefly considered moving...but decided that Tesa deserved a place to call home, somewhere permanent, rather than having uncertainty. Besides, she'd made friends, gotten settled...he couldn't take that away from her.

When information about Benden's cruelty came out, K'me wasn't especially surprised, beyond the fact that Wyzeth, a gold, was a victim. A turn later, Tesa became a candidate, and K'me was grateful that it wasn't under the rule of the mad queen, as his candidacy had been. He was proud, and hopes she will Impress a green dragon. He wasn't especially pleased when, at 17, she became a dual candidate, but he supports her and her decisions, regardless. Even if whers aren't nearly as great as dragons!

In 2768, K'me met two people he considered dear friends. "Boss," as he called her, and Pewter. The latter was a wherhandler, but K'me was never 100% sure what "Boss" did. Mysterious, she often asked them for favors and involved him in jobs, leads, and projects. K'me never asked exactly what she was doing, but would often deliver packages or do tasks for the woman, perhaps due to feeling a kinship with her. In reality, she wasn't doing anything unsavory--just someone who took on odd jobs around the weyr and pawned them off on K'me--but he never exactly asked. She just was the type who enjoyed being in control, in whatever way she could.

Shiny dragons, leadership under traditional weyrs, could not be trusted. At Fort, he strongly distrusts Serapheth and Tuckal, just as he distrusted the metallic leaders before them, but tries his best to work beneath them. As Fort grew more traditional, K'me grew less satisfied, but did nothing about it. Over the past few turns, he has raised Tesa as well as he could, showing strong pride when she became a candidate. Every hatching--including gold hatchings--he would watch, pride in his thoughts, as he hoped for her Impression.

Things have been quiet in his life recently, beyond helping Boss and Pewter, and being a dad to Tesa. Sure, the weyr has been buzzing for the past few turns, as the events at Fort Hold led to a traditionalist movement, including the rise of Z'osh to weyrleader...somehow. Stolen eggs increased his distrust of High Reaches, especially since it had been a garnet clutch. But overall...he just focused on the moment. No injuries in threadfall, nothing that affected him directly. Just doing his best!

UPDATES
  • Summer 2771: Tesa Impresses to Tezcath at Temporaeth's hatching and K'me is Very Proud.
  • Fall 2772: Threadfall - K'me farts. Wadjeth wonders if dragons fart.
  • Spring 2775: Vesseth and Wadjeth collide when a well-intentioned effort to both flame a clump that neither can handle alone goes wrong. Wadjeth is unharmed, but K'me's right arm is broken in the crash (Moderate).
Last edited by Pan on Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:53 am, edited 25 times in total.
Thread Tracker - Soliloquies
Fort Weyr
D'javi of Bronze Cerasth
Jexin of Brown Hayutoth
Maze of Garnet Temporaeth
Thane of Blue Vesseth
Nes of Blue Gascoigth
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
Neme of Green Maglyth
V'eil of Green Usamith
Miilo of Blue Miilsk
Arkta of Green Arktask & Blue Arsk
Candidate Sere
High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Keiraly of Blue Sarmith
Ny'ri of Moonstone Asberyth
Sparrow of Green Irabeth
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk & Brown Nhesk
Zyri of Blue Zyrisk
Candidate Ryuki
Candidate Pyeri
Semaca Weyr
Deir of Bronze Rollieth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Nysie of Blue Ixith
Kaneki of Blue Tinoceth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Hymn of Green Gienath
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Vixen of Seafoam Xesk
Makai of Blue Kask & Brown Makaisk
Aket of Green-Blue Akhersk
Wyll of Green Wysk
WIP: Candidate Verlian
Pan
Peacekeeper

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:59 am
  • Link

WADJETH

BASICS

NAME: Wadjeth
BIRTHDATE Late Spring 2750

CLUTCHING
CLUTCHING: NO
RUNS/FLIGHTS: 1

APPEARANCE
LENGTH: 23.5ft [Minor Mutation]
HEIGHT: 5.75 ft [Minor Mutation]
WINGSPAN: 44 feet [Average-ish]
COLOR: Green
HEX CODE: #386548
FULL APPEARANCE: A lovely green, Wadjeth is a deep forest green marked with paler greens. Intricate markings on her wings, reminiscent of lace; a bow-like marking on her tail; little lacy bracelets on her front legs; and swirls along her body. These are contrasted with the more simple marking on her face--her nose has been dipped in an even paler green, nearly white, and lace surrounds her face, but less intricate than the rest of her body.

Wadjeth is absolutely tiny, to the point that she can be considered a mutation. She's only one and a half feet below the length minimum, both for her color and dragons as a whole, and half a foot below the height minimum, but she's still a bit strange in this regard. Despite being shorter than her rider and smaller than most dragons, however, her wings are average sized. As a result, they appear as too large for her body; still, she seems to have perfect control over her overly-large wings. Twenty turns will do that to a dragon! She knows a thing or two about poise--which may not have been the case during weyrlinghood. She moves with precision and decisiveness, but nothing about her movement or gait seems delicate or even elegant. Surprisingly, she seems more like a distinguished commander from body language alone. In build, however, she is slender and elegantly-built. A thin dragon with gentle features, she is quite lovely. Despite her elegant appearance and certain movements, however...she's quite a goofball.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: An elegant, poised commander...is not who Wadjeth is. A green who lacks anything distinguished about her, despite her appearance, Wadjeth is a bit of a goofball. She is constantly joking, in her own way, and never seems serious. Silly, to the point of being nearly random, she tends to seem a bit oblivious and ridiculous in her comments. That said, she's intelligent--but naive. She's gullible and easily manipulated--quick to act based on others suggestions, obedient and easily influenced, before stopping to ask why she was instructed to do something. As a result, she often ends up doing silly things on command. Despite being prone to silliness and randomness, her language is often detached and objective, but her voice carries emotion and, at times, even passion. She's logical, even if she's a bit backwards in how she acts, able to use rational reasoning to process her world. Wadjeth is incredibly curious and inquisitive, wanting to know how everything works, even if she ends up leaving a wake of destruction and quite a mess in her quest for knowledge. She can and will take things apart, if left to her own devices, just to see how they work.

Her moods change frequently and abruptly, despite not being an extremely emotional dragon. Cuddly and affectionate, but only on her terms, Wadjeth is a bit reminiscent of a feline. She has a surprising temper, but is all bark and no bite. She can and will call her rider a dumbass, because that's what he is, so why wouldn't she? Her sense of humor is sarcastic and snippy, especially with her rider, who she often insults for his idiocy. She is rude to her rider, and enjoys mocking him, largely because that's just what their relationship is like. Despite this, she is gentle and kind to others, with a surprising degree of empathy. She sees the suffering of others and yearns to help, but her responses are often off-base and not what the other person needs...but she'll try very hard to help, anyways. She loves fiercely, and will do anything to protect or help her friends.

While she enjoys jokes, she will overexplain them to the point where it loses its humor when telling others about it. In her opinion, it makes it funnier. She is very cheerful, energetic, and full of life. If she was a human, she would constantly have a smile on her face, even when teasing her rider. Despite being rude to him, despite mocking him constantly, she loves him nonetheless.
Last edited by Pan on Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fort Weyr
D'javi of Bronze Cerasth
Jexin of Brown Hayutoth
Thane of Blue Vesseth
Nes of Blue Gascoigth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
Neme of Green Maglyth
V'eil of Green Usamith
Miilo of Blue Miilsk
Arkta of Green Arktask & Blue Arsk
Candidate Sere
High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Keiraly of Blue Sarmith
Ny'ri of Moonstone Asberyth
Sparrow of Green Irabeth
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk & Brown Nhesk
Zyri of Blue Zyrisk
Candidate Ryuki
Candidate Pyeri
Semaca Weyr
Deir of Bronze Rollieth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Nysie of Blue Ixith
Kaneki of Blue Tinoceth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Hymn of Green Gienath
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Vixen of Seafoam Xesk
Makai of Blue Kask & Brown Makaisk
Aket of Green-Blue Akhersk
Wyll of Green Wysk
WIP: Candidate Verlian
Pan
Peacekeeper

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:50 am
  • Link

EYEBALL

BASICS

NAME: Eyeball
BIRTHDATE Fall 2762

APPEARANCE
COLOR: Garnet
HEX CODE: #811010
FULL APPEARANCE: Eyeball is a brilliant ruby-red, a bright, fiery color. That said, she is dainty and slender, enough so that she looks like a sharp wind might knock her over. A brighter red swirls over her wings. Pale pink surrounds her eyes, giving the "illusion" that her eyes are very large--but in truth, her faceted eyes are slightly larger than usual, giving her a cute look.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: At first look, Eyeball appears to be prim and proper. She is disdainful and arrogant, with a tendency to seem too distinguished for you and your stupid antics. That said, she is disdainful and scolding, with a feisty personality when it comes to her personal dumbass. She tends to screech at K'me, a less dignified sound, and tends to pull his hair when he is being dumb. She enjoys bullying him, it seems.
Fort Weyr
D'javi of Bronze Cerasth
Jexin of Brown Hayutoth
Thane of Blue Vesseth
Nes of Blue Gascoigth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
Neme of Green Maglyth
V'eil of Green Usamith
Miilo of Blue Miilsk