Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Sallynn of white Ikoth

thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:00 am
  • Link

Sallynn of white Ikoth

S A L L Y N N
I won't give up, no I won't give in
'Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No, I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
-- "Try Everything" by Shakira, Zootopia

BASICS

RETIRE INFO: Retire Lenny, adopt Ikoth
NAME: Sallynn, Lenny
PRONOUNS: she/her/hers
ORIENTATION: biromantic asexual

BIRTHDATE: Summer 2738
WING: Healer

APPEARANCE
EYES: blue, only bright compared to her pallid features
HAIR: washed-out strawberry blonde.
HEIGHT AND BUILD: five feet and nine inches, small and waifish
PLAY-BY: Mia Farrow
FULL APPEARANCE:

Sallynn, or Lenny as she's known, is a small, waifish woman. She doesn't look like she has a lot of physical strength, though there is a look in her beautiful blue eyes that indicate a core of iron. Her fair skin is frequently flushed, from either exertion, embarrassment, or sunlight. She freckles easily, all over, and tends to wear light fabrics that offer more coverage with less effort. You will not find her in dresses, or even skirts, more than once a Turn.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY:

Lenny never met a challenge she didn't like. Nothing is beneath her, and nothing is too hard. She is always and forever in motion. Her motto seems to be, 'Sometimes I do six impossible things before breakfast.' This used to be channeled into her weaving, in new stitches and fantastic projects, but now Lenny has turned her attention to politics. If there is going to be conflict between the weyrs again, Lenny is not going to stand by and let it happen.

Not if that means leaving Ikoth's twin vulnerable.

Lenny isn't exactly what you might call the caring type, but Ikoth is. What Lenny is, mostly, is stubborn, and when she decides that something demands her attention, by golly it gets done. She puts in long hours to achieve her goals, and nothing is out of her reach.

HISTORY
FAMILY: Once there were more. Now? Just Ikoth, Ryodath, and Pia.
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: none
BIRTHPLACE: Ruatha Hold
HISTORY:

Sallynn would have been just another name on a census, were it not for her tenacity. This daughter of holders grabbed hold of the first craft that interested her - weaving - and dove in without a backwards glance. She was often sick as a child, but having constant goals helped her first through the illnesses, and then through puberty. A journeyman misread her name once, and she decided she liked the nickname 'Lenny' more than her previous nickname of 'Sally'. Lenny was tough and tenacious.

She was Searched completely by accident. Lenny was helping one of her weaver friends get ready for a posting to Fort Weyr when the brown who had come to collect the friend spontaneously decided that Lenny was suited to riding. And while the Hall was sorry to see her go, her masters insisted that she should at least give it a go. After all, Ista's queen had a clutch on the Sands, and one of their fighting greens had recently laid a trio of eggs. Lenny did not Impress at Imorith's Curses clutch.

But when Castle in the Mist revealed twin whites, Lenny's life changed, well, pretty much forever.

Ikoth was always very protective of his twin, but when they graduated, Lenny decided that she and Ikoth could handle being in a different wing from Pia and Ryodath. They went into Daylight Wing, and kept up with their clutchmates outside of duties. That changed when Benden kidnapped Pia and Ryodath. Ikoth's protective instincts went into overtime, and Len did something that few riders do. Most riders drop their craft when they Impress. Sallynn dropped her weaver's rank when she Impressed.

Now, she switched to healing. She transferred to the Healer's wing to soothe Ikoth's nerves - and, to be honest, her own.
Last edited by thefaeriesfyre on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:00 am
  • Link

UPDATES
  • Early Fall 2766 - Being in the Healer's Wing is not without its dangers. A thrashing patient hits Lenny in the left thigh, leaving a mild bruise.
  • Early Spring 2767 - After a particularly rough Fall, in which another set of twins gets separated by Thread, Lenny is found crying in the hallway. Later, she tries to comfort the garnet twin left behind. It, ah, it doesn't go well.
  • Late Fall 2767 - Lenny and Ikoth suffer no injuries, either physical or emotional, in the aftermath of the Turn's second Fall.
  • Early Spring 2768 - Nothing particularly exciting happens to Lenny in Fall, she and Ikoth are left unharmed.
  • Early Fall 2768 - While there are a few minor incidents in the infirmary, Lenny isn't one of them. She and Ikoth make it through without trouble.
  • Late Summer 2769 - Despite the late Fall this Turn, Lenny and Ikoth have no injuries between them.
  • Late Spring 2770 - In something of a running theme, Lenny and Ikoth are unharmed in the season's Fall.
  • Early Spring 2771 - Their wingsecond has a minor accident that requires a number of instruments to be resterilized. Lenny suffers a minor burn to her left wrist when she works on getting needles ready for the aftermath.
Last edited by thefaeriesfyre on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:02 am
  • Link

I K O T H
Can we see if she's okay? ... Ikoth. My name is Ikoth. You are my Sallynn! And she is my twin.

BASICS

NAME: Ikoth
BIRTHDATE Spring 2762 (Melody)

APPEARANCE
LENGTH: twenty-five feet (25 ft)
HEIGHT: six feet (6 ft)
WINGSPAN: forty feet (40 ft)
COLOR: white
HEX CODE: #515151
FULL APPEARANCE:

Not a large dragon by any means, Ikoth seems like he will never grow out of the 'lankey hatchling' stage. His body is compact, his limbs are gangly, but it doesn't stop him from trying. He is a little uncoordinated, prone to stumbling on a landing but hard to actually knock down. He's a pale gray, almost silver in color without the shine or shimmer, and it would be foolish to think he's metallic once someone gets a good look at him, though from a distance he could pass for a mutation. His entire underside is a snowy white, with a little curl up over his hips like horns. His wings have sharp trails tracing over the membranes, like someone carefully painted him. One of his headknobs is significantly darker, almost as if it got burned by fire.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY:

Ikoth is, first and foremost, fearless without being arrogant. He has no problem standing up to dragons bigger than him, no matter who it is. Though he may be nervous at trying complicated tasks at first, his confidence grows at the smallest compliment, and he doesn't see a reason why he shouldn't try to support those around him. He's very protective of those around him, and wants nothing more than to really have a family that he can support and protect. Ikoth is an adventurous dragon as well, eager to explore and carve out his own place in the world, no matter where it may be.

To his human, Ikoth will be as protective of them as he is his twin. They are his family, and therefor he is going to take care of them, even if it takes him a while to be able to actually do so. There's a childlike sweetness to him, of him genuinely wanting to do the right thing even if it doesn't always go the right way. He has good intentions, but he needs guidance to make sure that he can translate those intentions to good deeds. He is also a loyal dragon to those who have earned it, and he is a pretty good judge of character, able to spot who could be good or bad influences.

VOICE: Ikoth's voice is young, childlike, but definitely male. He occasionally stumbles over words, but is quick to learn and correct himself until he gets the right one.
HATCHING

Clutch: The Melodies in the Mist (Melodies)
Dam: Green Quth (Lexien)
Sire: Brown Teveth (Bucky)
Hatching Number: two of three (four)
Details: Despite Impression being swift, Ikoth was more concerned with his twin, Ryodath, than with actually getting fed and such.

The Castle in the Mist Egg

A medium sized egg, this one shows a twisted castle with an odd mill structure on the wind. While it is brighter than its twin, it only looks a little bit more pleasant. This egg feels of a mix of shyness and confusion, and a strange sort of fragility.

phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux