Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Tylorl of Bronze Tylosk

Seirye

Sat May 01, 2021 2:08 pm
  • Link

Tylorl of Bronze Tylosk

TYLORL
"I'm sorry, I have work to do."

BASICS

NAME: Tylorl
PRONOUNS: He/Him/His
ORIENTATION: Heterosexual

BIRTHDATE: Early Winter 2741
WING: Dawn Squad

APPEARANCE
EYES: Hazel
HAIR: Dark, dark brown, short, normally combed neatly or slicked back
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 6'3", athletic and muscular
PLAY-BY: Mitchell Wick
FULL APPEARANCE: Tall, well built, and neatly kept, it is clear Ty takes very good care of himself. While not a vain man, he believes firmly in good first impressions, and that is most easily done with appearance. His clothes are always well kept and well mended, his hair always brushed neatly or slicked back out of the way, and he carries himself with the confidence of a natural born leader, even if he lacks the rank to go with it. His expression is usually not the most friendly or welcoming and is usually some sort of scowl, though he does seem to lighten up in conversation. Despite this resting bitch face, if one were to watch him work with his wher or interact with anyone, it would become clear that he just takes himself seriously. He's not mean, just busy.

Should one catch him in the baths or shirtless during exercise, it becomes abundantly clear just how well he maintains himself. All hair on his body is neatly trimmed and maintained; he's got the muscles to prove his hard work for turns and turns; and the smattering of small to medium scars go to show he's not afraid to push through the thorns to get his work done.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: If there was a poster boy for workaholics, Tylorl might just be it. There is no end to the work that needs to be done in his opinion, and he's an expert at coming up with something to do to fill the hours. He does not like to sit still for long; if he cannot find proper handler work to do, he'll exercise or volunteer a helping hand to those who need it. If not kept busy enough with work, he is the kind of guy to go to his superiors to ask for more tasks, and rest days aren't something he fully believes in for himself. It often comes to a point where he will work right up until he falls asleep, and then when he wakes up he wants to get back into it--and that's assuming he remembers to fall asleep in the first place.

It has been a lifetime of working hard for him, and he cannot imagine life any other way. He doesn't really understand how to "relax" and "take a day off" because there's always something to do. It can be detrimental to his platonic or romantic relationships; more than once he has not shown up to a social event or even a date because he was too busy working, and the number of weyrmates lost to this is not insignificant. It's a mixture of lack of time awareness on his part and an inability to put the needs and feelings of others before his duty.

Despite his need to stay busy and his constant grumpiness, however, he really is an okay guy, as long as he's not interrupted in his work or dealing with someone slacking off. He likes people and enjoys their company just as he does whers and dragons, when he feels he has time for it. He enjoys helping people where he can, whether it's with rounds, chores, or lifting heavy objects for them. It's not unlike him to volunteer for extra shifts if needed so that someone else can spend time with their loved ones, and while he's not very good at offering advice or being emotionally available, he will listen if someone needs it.

He can be stubborn as any herdbeast, and maybe that exacerbates his apparent unavailability as both a friend and romantic interest, but in his mind the right people would understand. How can he have time for personal pleasures when work is left undone? How can other people slack off during their duties? Maybe can be a little preachy about how important it is to get your work done first, and maybe he's a little judgmental of those who don't give it their all, but he swears he just has the Weyr's best interest at heart.

The best way to coax him into relaxing is to offer him a good glass of wine and some good food, two of life's greatest pleasures. But a day off better include something physical, like a good swim or a hike...

HISTORY
FAMILY: Both parents alive, no contact; no siblings.
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: None
BIRTHPLACE: Ista Weyr
HISTORY: Born and raised at Ista Weyr, it was clear from a young age that Tylorl could not be slowed down. He always wanted to play the leader in games with the other kids, and always made sure his chores were done before he even asked to be released for leisure time. As much as he was raised in the creche and had no contact with his parents, he was still a little distant from the other children; he might have played with them and wanted to go on fantastical journeys, but he just didn't express himself quite so openly.

That continued as he grew, though he was ever present with the other children. It wasn't a fault with them, he just liked to keep himself to himself, at least on an emotional level. There was always a sense of 'duty first' to him, and he seemed to disapprove of other kids shirking their chores in exchange for goofing off. Maybe he wasn't the most popular kid because he would preach about it at times, but that didn't bother him either. Someone had to be responsible, right?

In his teens, it was only natural that he offer himself up to the Weyr however he could, so he began standing as a dual candidate, for both dragons and whers. Romance wasn't his first priority, and neither was a social life. He wanted to help any way he could, do his duty, make a place for himself. Tradition played a part too, but as he grew so too did his desire to do more. Leadership appealed to him, but he knew that if there was someone better suited, he would follow them. The idea of a dragon was wonderful, but he at 20 he found himself with a wher instead, a bronze who viewed duty as important as he did. Still, he could not be disappointed.

As he and his bronze grew together through Ty's twenties, it became clear that they couldn't make as much of a difference at Ista as they would have liked. Ty had had little success in maintaining proper friendships or even romances, as he often worked enough that people got tired of trying, so what did they have to lose in a transfer? And the idea of working for the Peacekeeper Weyr, Fort, highly appealed to both of them. Pern needed to work together, stay together, to fight Thread and keep as many people alive as possible. Maybe he would be better off serving there and attempting to make a real difference.
Last edited by Seirye on Sun May 02, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Seirye

Sat May 01, 2021 2:09 pm
  • Link

TYLOSK

BASICS

NAME: Tylosk
BIRTHDATE Late Winter 2761

APPEARANCE
LENGTH: 15.7 ft
HEIGHT: 5.7 ft
COLOR: Bronze
HEX CODE: #666636
FULL APPEARANCE: Big and stocky, Tylosk is everything a bronze should be, as far as he and his handler are concerned. He's towards the larger end of what a bronze wher can be size-wise, and while not the biggest, he carries himself with a pride mirrored in his handler. His hide is consistently well oiled and cared for, his physique shows his hard work, and his coloring is interesting to boot.

The majority of his lower body and his tail is a light creamy white sort of color, spiking up at points and slashing into the otherwise green-bronze of his upper body. This lighter color also marks his face, spreading up his nose and across his cheeks, as well as tinting the edges of his wingsails. It almost gives the impression of booties and a mask!

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: As prideful and dutiful as his handler, Tylosk and Tylorl get along exceptionally well...in most things. This bronze believes in getting his work done efficiently and properly, and is not a fan of slacking off when he is on duty. He takes his work seriously and has a fiery need to fight Thread when possible, a trait his handler encourages happily.

Unlike his handler, however, Tylosk knows a little bit more about relaxing. He may not be the answer to his handler's social woes--he too puts duty before personal relationships--but he does know that when it's time to quit, it's time to quit. He can be a little (a lot) lazy when he's not working, prone to lying in the same place for as long as he can until he's needed again. Tylorl may be a workaholic, but that doesn't mean this bronze has to be!

And while he is not necessarily socially adept, or even good at fixing the issues his handler has when it comes to friends and romance, he does understand to some better extent the need to be cautious of others' feelings. He is often the one to pass the message along when his handler has to cancel on someone (again), and is usually fairly apologetic about it, even if he too understands the need to work. He just doesn't necessarily understand why his handler can't just...take a break. Usually working a lot is okay, but all the time?

How can Tylorl have kids for Tylosk to fawn over if he doesn't make an effort at meeting someone?
Last edited by Seirye on Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Seirye

Sat May 01, 2021 2:14 pm
  • Link

IC Information
What type of candidate is your character: Wher

What color/s does your character want?: Bronze or brown mostly, but any wher is a good wher.
Does your character have any personality preferences or concerns?: Tylorl would not be too pleased if he got a wher that didn't take work and duty seriously...
Does your character have any other preferences or concerns?: Seriously, how would he ever get his job done if his wher doesn't want to put in the effort? What if they're too busy goofing off? What if they don't put duty and the Weyr first?

OOC Information
If your character is a dual candidate IC, do you have a strong preference on whether they Impress dragon or wher?: n/a

What color(s) are you willing for your character to impress to?: Not bronze or brown! I'm pretty sure I want to save for a unique wher, the smaller the better.
Do you want your character to be eligible for gold?: Nah.
Do you have any personality preferences or concerns?: I definitely want him to get a wher that's a little more fun-loving and less duty-concerned. Exactly what he doesn't want! Bonus points if they like to goof off, play, and see the bright side of everything. Also, very social!
Do you have any other preferences or concerns?: I just really like the idea of Ty being at odds with this wher and having to figure out how to live with it. Any wher is a good wher in his mind, but he will definitely struggle with someone who isn't quite as much a workaholic as he is.
Why do you think these choice/s would be a good fit?: I've always played Ty with dragons who take work as seriously as he does. Given that he and his wher are both duty-bound, work-hard types, I think it would be extremely interesting to hand them the opposite and watch them grow. I think Ty has always needed a lesson in how to relax and have a good time and stop taking himself so seriously, as well as learn a lesson about other peoples' feelings. Plus, I absolutely adore playful whers.

Do you have any preferences about the conditions of your character’s impression?: No strict preferences as I'm fairly fluid, but I am toying with the idea of saving for a unique for him, so if he doesn't get an egg any time soon it certainly won't hurt my feelings!
Are you alright with your character getting hurt? What injury level is acceptable/what should be avoided?: Sure! I would say nothing permanently crippling at this point, but that may change. Scars, injuries, broken bones are all fair game!

Is there anything you will ABSOLUTELY NOT accept?: I really would like to avoid him having a second bronze or a brown. Not only do I feel it's kind of a lot to have two bronzes, I just really adore the smaller ranks. I'd also like to avoid a serious wher since he already has one! I fully understand it could take time for a match to come along and I am okay with that.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux