Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Weyrling Tesa of Blue Tezcath

memerina
Junior Weyrleader

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:37 am
  • Link

Weyrling Tesa of Blue Tezcath

Tesa
"Resist! Allow your heart to take you,
Never let this merciless world erase you.
Passing down the light of the torch to guide you,
and you shall be bathed in light!"
- Invincible Rainbow Arrow, from AI: The Somnium Files

BASICS

RETIRE INFO: Retire
NAME: Tesa
PRONOUNS: she/her
ORIENTATION: Bisexual

BIRTHDATE: Early Fall 2752
WING: N/A

APPEARANCE
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Red (Ginger?)
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 5'2", slim
PLAY-BY: Iris Sagan (A-Set) from AI: The Somnium Files
FULL APPEARANCE: Tesa is small, thin, and fair-skinned. She often wears cute, comfortable clothes, usually in pastel pinks and blues. She retains relatively youthful features, as well as bright blue eyes. Her ginger hair is often styled into low pigtails, with bangs in the front. She is never, ever seen without a big smile and a bubbly demeanour.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY:
Tesa is bubbly, energetic, and confident. She always has a smile on her face, and will do her best to put a smile on everyone else's faces too! She is something of a people pleaser, being very extroverted and having a desire to entertain everyone. However, she is very gullible, and will believe most things she is told without question, and never takes no for an answer. She still retains a sense of childlike wonder and an extreme sense of optimism - but, she hasn't quite figured out how to be an 'adult' yet and see the world as something beyond sunshine and rainbows. She also has no idea how to take on real-world responsibilities; to her, everything is a game, a song, a dance. However, her inability to see anything as a serious situation is very much out of her being wilfully naive; she just refuses to believe that things can go in any direction except better. In fact, she often deliberately turns a blind eye to serious situations in favour of optimism and a bright and idealistic outlook on the world. It doesn't matter how important it is, if it's even remotely negative, she doesn't want to hear it.

Although she is very outwardly ditsy, Tesa is actually relatively intelligent - in fact, she can be cunning, and knows how to get what she wants. She plays on her cute, bubbly persona to be very persuasive - sometimes even manipulative - not out of malicious intent, she mostly does it to get her own way, or to stop people from telling her negative things. Tesa's energy is seemingly infinite - she rarely has any downtime, even after just waking up she's full of life. While her outward persona is cheerful and happy - she is always very impersonal, and doesn't really show her heart to anyone unless she knows them well. Deep down, she has a kind heart, and only wants the best for everyone and everything, even if she refuses to accept how unrealistic her desires can be.

HISTORY
FAMILY:
- Mother: Es'ra of Green Hitomith (originally Esara)
- Father: Unknown (possibly flightlust)
- Adoptive Father: K'me of Green Wadjeth
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: None!
BIRTHPLACE: High Reaches Weyr
HISTORY: Tesa was born as the child of Es'ra, a Greenrider at High Reaches beneath Golre's rule - she never knew her real father, however, her mother's close friend, K'me of Green Wadjeth, had known her since she was born. Although the riders had many duties with their dragons, especially in such a difficult time period for High Reaches Weyr, they both still cared for and doted on Tesa even if she spent a lot of time at the creche. Her mother eventually started formally weyrmating K'me, but as Tesa was so young, she hardly knew the difference. She was just happy she had a family, and she had not a care in the world. After all, she would just run around, dance, sing, and watch the dragons flying overhead...

...Until she turned 9, and her mother was sent to attack Fort Weyr by Golre. Tesa was still a little young to fully understand politics, so all she knew was that her mother left and never came back. She was devastated, yet developed a habit of trying to drown out her pain by compartmentalising herself in a bubble of happy thoughts. At this point, K'me fully adopted her as his own daughter. He promised her that he'd take good care of her, that he'd make it up to her by being the best parent he could be. She was so happy that she still had a father around, even if he wasn't her biological father. For her entire youth, she felt more comfortable with K'me (and his dragon) than she did with anyone else. He was a good parent to her, and soon, they left for Fort Weyr during the Autumn exodus, settling there permanently.

K'me had told Tesa about certain political events that occurred between Weyrs - such as the tragedies at Benden - yet, she seemed to ignore him every time he talked about politics, brushing it off as 'silly adult stuff', and going back to living in blissful ignorance about the serious aspects of the world. Granted, at the time, she was only 14 - yet, a turn later, K'me convinced her to become a candidate. She was ecstatic, but often deliberately downplayed some of the responsibilities she'd have to take on as a rider or handler in her head. She saw it as nothing more than 'Yay, new dragon friend!', and 'We're gonna fight Thread together and save the world!'. K'me secretly wanted her to impress a Green dragon, but Tesa was always just happy to have a new baby, no matter the colour, or whether she got a dragon or a wher.

Since then, K'me had given up on trying to talk to Tesa about politics and real-world issues in depth, but she continued her candidacy. She was only vaguely aware of the events surrounding Fort's fallout with High Reaches, her home, because she didn't pursue interest in it - K'me told her what this meant, that she wouldn't be able to go back to her birth Weyr, at least not for a while, but she was fine with this. After all, Fort was her home now, and she was excited for her future, even more excited to meet whichever dragon or wher was going to be her new best friend.

UPDATES

Early Winter 2770: Tesa stood for Ryosk's clutch and failed to impress.
Last edited by memerina on Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
memerina
Junior Weyrleader

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:45 am
  • Link

Tezcath

BASICS

NAME: Tezcath
BIRTHDATE Early Summer 2771

APPEARANCE
LENGTH: 39ft
HEIGHT: 9.75ft
WINGSPAN: 58.5ft
COLOR: Blue
HEX CODE: #151942
FULL APPEARANCE:
Tezcath is a stunning blue, with a hide of deep navy, spotted with striking, memorable pattern. Seasoned Semacans can attest that his spots don't quite match that of the felines that plague the continent, but his markings combined with the feline proportions of his body make him evoke what many northerners THINK a spotty looks like. Tezcath is on the larger side for a blue, but his build is sleek and he won't want for agility in the air.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY:
Tezcath is many things. He is a night sky. He is a hurricane. He is discord, emnity, and the earth. It is hard to really pin down just what this blue is, as he is many. He is a balance of war and peace, and the sky and earth. There is a shadow on him that seems typical of dragons at Fort, to be all and nothing. It may make him hard to work with, as he seems both down to earth and in the clouds at the same time. He can be snarly and aggressive, but also ready to work and get things done no matter who he is working with. He is not squeamish by any means, taking to hunting quickly.

To his rider, Tezcath may be hard to get a handle on. He is rather independent, and there is a vanity to him that wishes to be revered. If he has to work for it, so be it. He is hard to read, and it may take time to properly connect with him. It is not for lack of trying, he does try to connect with others, but he is such a storm of moods and feelings that some may think he is just being difficult.

VOICE: Tezcath's voice is low and powerful, like the pressure in the air before a storm.

Why me?: Well, Tesa's gonna learn that Things Are Serious sooner or later.

phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux