Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[RUMOR] Different

Arcane
Red Star Warning

Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 pm

[RUMOR] Different

So we have a second bronze chimera at Fort now. Is this one going to be as uncontrolled as Isith and Magasuth? Maybe we should see if Semaca wants them...
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Weyrling of Quinn Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
Weyrling P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Lord Consort Corleon of Blue Corleosk (Fort Hold)
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Rhea of Green Rheask
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
Weyrling Riku of White Taissath
Wingsecond Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Weyrbrat Norelli
High Reaches
Elyron of Gold Elysk and Green Elyrosk
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Sr. Flightleader Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Weyrling Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Weyrling Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Eliza of Garnet Riaath
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Allura of Blue Sendaith
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sandy of Blue Rugrunth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Jr. Wherleader Zhuli of Blue Zhusk
Ailee of Green Suventh
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Sokka of Green Wintrath
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Weyrling Hermione of Brown Echoneth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask (W)
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Anoni of Blue Cermurith
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Aeris of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
ladyweathervain
Wingrider

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Oh? There have been problems with Bronze Chimeras before? Joheith flicked his tail, curled up on a cushion in the common room.Im sure it will be fine.

"I dont think he will be a problem." lou huffed. Though... deep down she had a hard time believing it. While she believed in Quinn, she wondered... would her friend be able to control her dragon? Joheith seemed uncomfortable around him so... maybe this would be ok. Maybe people would intervene before this got out of hand...

Not that she cared about what that damned white thought. But at least he has some modicum of sensibility. It was enough to make him just annoying and dislikable...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:55 am

"The problem isn't with the 'chimera' part of the equation," Lenny told the younger white rider, "It's the bronze part that leads to the problems. Bronzes tend to be coddled, almost as bad as golds, and they're given their head much earlier. Bronzes are supposed to be smart, the thinking goes, so they don't get much more than a tap on the wrist when things go bad."

Like Magasuth. That hellion had flown with the Healer's Wing, pretending to be scared of his own shadow. Flying in the same formation as Ryodath, as if he deserved to be anywhere near Ikoth's twin. Lenny was only thankful that he had shown his true nature during a Flight, where Ryodath and Ikoth would never be. It could have been during a Fall, and Ikoth would not have backed down. Magasuth could have - would have, Lenny was convinced - killed anyone in the Healer's Wing before he was forcibly transferred to Midnight, where the brutes belonged.

That's why everyone wants to keep an eye on your clutchmate, Ikoth chimed in. He had no problem standing up to dragons much bigger than he was, but bronzes had caused trouble before. Bronzes had taken Ryodath, and although Ikoth had no specific memory of the event, that didn't stop the spine-chilling fear that gripped him and Lenny when they went too long without checking on Pia and Ryodath.
ladyweathervain
Wingrider

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm

"Well if it's happened so many times, then surely they'll be more prepared to handle him if he turns out to be a rotten little brat." Lou replied, "Surely they'll be ready to step in as soon as he so much as lifts a claw, and punish him for his actions."

Joheith would have glared at Lou if he could, but he looked to the other rider and dragon. Louicyth is a pompous fool, but he's also not the type to get his claws dirty, I think. He explained. I think he's all roar, no bite. This was just the feeling he got from the exhausting chimera, but regardless. He didn't know a lot about the world, but this was something he could just feel in his belly. Sure, people wouldn't believe him. But as much as his clutchmate annoyed him, he didn't HATE him... he just wished that Louicyth would stop trying to chase him...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Lenny frowned. The last time a metallic dragon had answered for their behavior, it had ended in death. Nornth had probably caused the deaths of the bronzes that took Ryodath, so she couldn't have been all bad. Not that she didn't think Magasuth deserved such a fate - she did, and he did - but that was a decision no one could make for them. Lenny was a Healer, now, and that meant a certain understanding of the sanctity of life.

"Maybe at elsewhere." The weyrling's blithe attitude towards something that unsettled Lenny so much irritated her. How much justice did this child think the world could hold? "Not here. If he turns out like Magasuth," and she couldn't even say his name without venom, "someone will get hurt before anything is done."
ladyweathervain
Wingrider

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm

"Ah..." The way the Healer spoke was pretty... yikes. She cleared her throat. "Hm. Well. I hope that he and his rider won't get into any... trouble then. I'm sure she'll be able to handle it. I know Quinn well, but her dragon... I do worry about them both regardless..." She glanced down at Joheith. I know we don't get along. But that stupid chimera likes you. So if he starts getting uppity, you better step in and help me stop him." She thought sternly at him.

You know I would give my life for the Weyr. He replied mentally, flexing his wing. Is that really the case? Well, I suppose it's to be expected... If bronzes are given special treatment, as you say... we may have to rely on many of others if he ended up being more malevolent than I thought. Unlikely as I think it is, anything is possible. And as his clutchmate, I'd certainly try and talk to him, see if he won't listen to me. I don't want to see him get hurt OR hurt anyone else... As a whit,e he really shouldn't have any say in the matter. He was on the bottom of the heap and that was that. But... He did want everyone to remain safe. So he'd do his best to just... keep everything calm and civil.
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie