Midnight [open]

A large, sandy beach a fair flight or ride away from Fort Weyr. Many may find it a relaxing place to spend a day.
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Midnight [open]

She had been out here most of the day.

And Tuckal did not enjoy being just gone from the Weyr for a day, but she had needed it.

With the warm weather coming back, she had taken Serapheth to the coast, so her gold could splash around and have the beach seemingly to herself. And Tuckal had taken the time to swim and just pretend the world didn't actually matter. She could just be.

But even when the night came, she didn't want to go back just yet. Going back meant there was work. There was a Weyr to hold together and she could only do and only have done so much, and even then people would assume she was lying, or failing.

So, with the moon high in the sky, Tuckal faced the waves and yelled. Screamed profanity and raged at nothing. Serapheth, in turn, echoed her. The high stone cliffs and the waves just echoed and amplified the sounds of a goldpair screaming to the stars.
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Weyrling/Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
Weyrling Mishima of Blue Harmoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
Weyrling F'ero of Garnet Hellfith
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Z'kon of Bronze Gottmitunth
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:23 am

K'den and Perth hadn't gotten free from drills and other duties until late. Even so, You promised me fishing, the green reminded her rider before he could go back to his family for the night. I waited to eat because you were going to take me to fish in the ocean.

Don't you hate water? K'den asked with a yawn. He wanted to go to bed, not visit the coast in the middle of the night.

Yes. But for fish... Perth trailed off. This still doesn't mean I'm bathing in the lake though.

Right, of course, why would I think you'd do anything that would make my life easier? Still, he clambered on top of her with a sigh, and gave her the coordinates for the coast. You know you're spoiled, right?

Only in the best way.

The pair appeared in the air just in time to hear... screaming. And that was Serapheth in the water. That couldn't possibly be a good sign. Perth arrowed toward the water, not taking the time to drop her rider off.

What's happened? Do you need help? she asked as she approached.
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 am

Serapheth's head whipped around, staring at the green she definitely did not remember. But her eyes weren't red, and she did not appear to be harmed.

Even Tuckal seemed physically fine.

We are... unharmed. Mine is under many pressures, and yelling apparently was her way to let it out. She said, finally stepping out of the ankle-deep surf to shake off.

Tuckal, however, was still up to her knees. Fists clenched, expression heavy. If she was sure of what her emotions were doing, she would have probably just let herself sob.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Perth splashed down into the water, soaking her rider, just as Serapheth informed her that everything was fine, or at least relatively so. K'den groaned. It was cold!

And now you see why I hate it so, she told him, a trifle smugly. Get off so I can fish.

K'den complied, more concerned about Tuckal than his dragon seemed to be. She wasn't getting out of the water, and she looked... he didn't know. "I'd ask if everything's all right, but I think we both know the answer to that one. So... do you want to talk about it?"
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Screaming attracts people. Good to know.

Tuckal finally ran her fingers through her hair, dragging herself out of the water. Clothes soaked, looking like she has never slept. Serapheth barely minded the green, she wasn't bothered.

"Sorry if this was... not great. Between what happened with Nornth, whatever is going on with Benden, and things just... Sometimes you need to scream." At least she was honest.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 pm

"I can't say I understand the feeling," K'den admitted. He'd never really been the shouty type. He was more the hide trundlebugs in your bed when he was mad at you type. "My son does though. Every time he's angry, screams himself silly."

He wrung water out of his hair, eye stinging from the salt. "But then when he's done, everything's all right. He doesn't just bottle it all up inside, he lets it out and he's done with it. I don't understand it, but I can't say I'm certain you two don't have the right of it."
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 am

Well, being compared to a child wasn't really what she wanted out of her day, but Tuckal usually felt better when she just yelled loudly at nothing. It wasn't like the waves were going to validate her. That was kind of the point, the ocean didn't care. She could shout all she wanted and no one would be bothered.

"I usually feel better after I've just yelled a bit. And it's not like the water cares if I'm screaming in frustration." Time to wring everything out. The trip home would be blisteringly cold if she didn't.

Serapheth snorted slightly.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:43 pm

"No, I can't imagine it does," K'den replied wryly. Water wasn't something that could think, even water that seemed as alive as the ocean. The frigid waves splashed and pulled against his knees, and he smiled slightly. The sea and the wind, alive but not.

"You do know that you've got the support of most of the wingleaders though, right?" He couldn't say all, because Faranth alone knew whose side S'bor was on. And he didn't think Tuckal always, or even usually made the right decision when it came to the difficult choices, but she was still the Weyrwoman. "Not to mention D'fid."
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:38 am

Even after her attack, Tuckal had tried to trust the other wingleaders. It was never easy to figure out who she could actually stand with. S'bor was a mess. D'fid and herself were working overtime to keep this place running. And now between Benden's collapse and every place seeming to either be 'fine' or... whatever... she was feeling like it was hard to keep above water.

"I try. This feels like a job that gets worse and worse each day." She had tried to delegate to others, but after Blaze... she just ended up shouldering more and more, just to make sure things got done right. "Faranth I am trying..."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:18 pm

K'den wished he had the courage to suggest that she just... step down. It didn't sound like she enjoyed her position, and High Reaches was apparently doing well as a democracy. If Serapheth was no longer in charge, maybe Kats would even come home. Maybe Kats would actually answer one of his letters.

But he couldn't do it. It would have made a hypocrite of him. He hadn't asked to be a wingleader either, but he couldn't well give it up now. He had a duty to the rest of the wing. Tuckal had a duty to the entire Weyr.

Instead he forced a crooked smile. "Come now, you can't convince me it's worse today than some of the other days you've had. For starters, it's not so cold that it hurts to breathe. There's no Thread, and dinner wasn't burned."
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:17 pm

"That... that's right, I guess. You have a point."

Maybe it seemed that things were getting harder because she was just one person. That it was just her and D'fid. Other Weyrs had multiple golds, but it was just two people here, and she was trying.

She ran her fingers through her hair, finally just putting her hands on her hips. Serapheth snorted, stepping out of the surf far enough away to shake off properly.

"Yelling it all out feels good in the moment, but it doesn't do anything but make me a little less stressed. It won't fix anything."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 am

"I'm glad you realize it. For a few moments there, I thought I might have to find some tunnelsnakes to leave in your weyr to remind you things can always get worse. Or a screaming infant, though I'm not sure who I'd borrow one from, and my kid's long past the squalling stage, thank Faranth."

K'den wished he knew how to help. He just... didn't. Not with this sort of thing. He knew how to make light of everything, not how to deal with things that actually had to be approached in a serious manner.
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:55 am

We would be having very different words if you disrupted her sleep and rest like that. Serapheth was very likely not joking.

Tuckal shrugged a bit. "That would be... terrible. Faranth I would lose it."

More than she already was apparently.

"I guess from here it's just... well, there's probably a warm bed waiting for me. And then tomorrow, back at it. There's enough going on to worry about without me making it harder on myself." She said, moving to pull herself up into Serapheth's straps.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Fel
Thread Fighter

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:53 pm

"Better to interrupt one night's sleep than let her wallow in self-pity," K'den replied with a shrug. He wished he could get away with leaving something unpleasant for the gold. So full of herself, and so full of hatred. Though that was redundant, wasn't it?

"Don't make it harder on yourself. Faranth knows there's enough people out there already making your job more difficult. You don't deserve to suffer." No matter what some people at the Weyr may have thought.
Jabberwoky
Wandering Peacekeeper

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm

"Yeah, I guess that's right."

Up into the straps, buckled in, she was going to be fine. Or so she was telling herself. Things were going to be okay. She just needed things to be fine, and she was going to have to make them fine.

"Thanks, K'den. I think I owe you for this."

Serapheth snorted, spreading her wings and leaping into the air. It was time to head home.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
[Bone Otani]
Dragonless Quatre