Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Kimi] All Work and No Play

The massive weyrbowl. Herdbeasts graze, flights are held overhead. No more does dread hang over the open sky.
Kimikelo
Holder

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 pm

"Ah? Well. We had a few herds, and we spent our days moving them from field to field so they didn't totally eat the place up. Sometimes near the end of the growing season some of the farmers would have us bring our herds to their fields to clean them up and ah.. deposit some fertilizer, as it were. When the beasts got fluffy enough we sheared 'em, then sent the wool off to the weavers," Toki said, shrugging slightly. "Not really a whole lot to it. It's a type of beastcraft, I suppose."

Menace chattered, seeming confused by the grooming - his eyes swirling and whirling and churning until he finally settled down on his belly, poised and ready to flee or fight.. but for the moment letting the green tend to him with only little chitters of protest, much like a small dog trying to seem ferocious.
High Reaches
Candidate Toki - Bronze Flit Menace

Semaca
Aimbyr of Garnet Averodith
Weyrling T'oma of Brown Einth
ladyweathervain
Wingleader

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:16 pm

"Wow! That sounds really nice. My parents spent all their time teaching us to read and write and sing. We sing really nicely, my sisters and I... But I think I'd like that life too..." it sounded peaceful! Letting yourself wander, just happily tending your flock... No HUGE worries...

Melo was satisfied with the grooming and just settled down. She'd let Menace off the hook for now, but she'd enjoyed his company. If he wasn't going to run, she might just spend more time with him... She'd settle by him, giving him space and the chance to decide what to do...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
Kimikelo
Holder

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:23 pm

"Mother was a former Harper and kept up our education, did a lot of storytelling, but she didn't make us sing or anything. Well. Tried to get me to do it a few times, but I was way more inclined to yell and shout like my brothers and that tends not to be good for your voice, or so I hear. It was her stories that made me want to find something different, and kind of inspired me to want to fly," Toki said, smiling. "I hope to be able to still visit them pretty often. I haven't seen them in a few Turns now, but I write often."

Menace, for all his bitey boy properties, apparently rather liked other flits. So he was happy to chill down on the floor with Melopan now. Maybe it was a protectiveness thing. Toki would have to figure it out later..
High Reaches

Semaca
ladyweathervain
Wingleader

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:08 pm

"Awwww! i'm glad that you guys keep in touch. My parents and sisters are all promising they'll be cheering for me in the stands the next time there's a Hatching." He said with a smile. "Maybe we can swap stories when we're not busy? Mom and Dad say they swap stories with other Harpers all the time..." A pause as he looked over at the flits. "Huh. I guess they're pals now."

Pals was an apt word. Melo was just rolling, exposing her belly so she could scratch her back. She clearly wasn't bothered by Menace and was even ok enough to let him see her belly...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
Kimikelo
Holder

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:20 pm

"Might be fun! I can't promise I'll tell them very well though. Not like I committed them to memory. Maybe I could get mother to write some of them down?" Toki followed his gaze down to the two flits, then shrugged faintly.

"So it seems.. I was worried he'd try to take a chunk out of her, but I guess he likes other flits better than people. Can't say I blame him."
High Reaches

Semaca
ladyweathervain
Wingleader

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:09 am

"I know my mom has them all written down. Maybe you can visit sometime and I can show you!" He suggested. "And Melo's usually at my family's weyr, playing with my little sisters. So she's very patient with anyone. I mean she's MINE yeah but they keep an eye on her when I have to be away for extended periods... Otherwise I'm scared she'd get lonely!"

He laughed. "I one time came back to her in a little dress. She was taking it very much in stride as if she wasn't wearing human clothes. Just waddling around and peeping while my sisters were playing..."
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
Kimikelo
Holder

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:49 pm

"I'm fairly certain I would lose a great deal of blood and perhaps a fingernail if I tried to put any form of clothing on Menace," Toki said with a chuckle. "It's just me and Menace up here.. he'd probably scare the shards out of my brothers if I tried to send him home to visit without explaining first. I'd be worried he'd get lost, anyway, even though they say firelizards can find anyone.."
High Reaches

Semaca
ladyweathervain
Wingleader

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm

"Yeah I don't know how they got her in the dress but she's a relaxed flit so... i'm glad they didn't harm her. They did cut the dress up a lot so that she wasn't dragging it though, probably thanks to mom."

A pause. "...Is it nice? Having older brothers? I think I'd like having one..." He'd always wanted an older sibling. BEING an older sibling was rough. You always had to set an example for your little siblings... and you were always assumed to be competent despite everything...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
Kimikelo
Holder

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:24 pm

"I mean I guess it depends on your definition of nice. They can be overbearing and overprotective because I'm the youngest and a girl, but at the same time they're not so bad as to smother me. I was often used as a tool to get them to behave, because my father believed strongly in group punishment - one person messed up, all the siblings had to pay for it. And they didn't want me to suffer because they were being idiots," Toki chuckled.
High Reaches

Semaca
ladyweathervain
Wingleader

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 pm

"Wow... Back then, it was something similar." He replied, as Melo crawled into his lap. "my parents aren't always there so before I was a Candidate, they would have me watch my sisters. And as long as they didn't get hurt or start fights, I wouldn't tell my parents anything. And they all behaved pretty well. It was nice, actually... but it's tiring being a big brother. My sisters depend on me a lot. If they get bullied or picked on I have to go help them..."

it was pretty rough sometimes... But at least the girls were growing up well and able to handle themselves better.
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Nidai of Green Norenath