Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Atlas] A Moment of Reflection

ladyweathervain
Wingsecond

Thu May 23, 2019 11:23 pm

[Atlas] A Moment of Reflection

Eglantine loved the winter.

Everything was cozy and warm inside, reminded her of days spent with her parents in their Weyr back on Ista...Though that was slightly more tropical compared to here, it was still a LOT colder than summer.

Anselth was ponderous as she stared out at the lake. Despite seeing this lake so many times, thanks to her not-so-great-at-recalling-places memory, it always seemed new to her... Eglantine was able to recall things about it. But Anselth really had to rely on eglantine for that. Humans and dragons were not as easy to forget as she needed to remember them... It was still a shared task, but less so on her Rider...

Moments like these were precious. Riders lives were hectic and they knew they had many chances to die in the other months...

There is someone approaching that I do not recognize. Be wary. Eggie startled out of her moment, as Anselth raised a wing... yes someone was coming. but why? And who? No one really LIKED being out in the cold. Eglantine just liked it because Anselth liked places to reflect on life...
Last edited by ladyweathervain on Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
Candidate Nidai
HIGH REACHES
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Sun May 26, 2019 3:27 pm

At this point, it was nothing less than common for Joel to be out walking alongside his wher. No matter the weather, Joel needed the fresh air and Joesk needed to burn off her energy. Perhaps the sun was often blocked out by those white-grey clouds that poured out snowflakes, but even cloud-filtered sunlight made an impact on Joel's mood more than the indoors ever did.

Lake! Joesk exclaimed, Want see lake today. Want see if ice can hold Joel, can hold Joesk no problem, need see if can hold Joel. Joel rolled his eyes at his wher's joke, it wasn't the first time he'd heard her say it, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last. Every year around winter she'd say the same joke when they went to the lake, and every year he'd roll his eyes.

"It'll hold me, but Faranth only knows if it'll hold the both of us."

Want test?

"No, I like being warm, thanks."

Joel caught sight of a brown dragon near the lake as they approached, and he didn't even bat an eye. People could do what they wanted to, wasn't his problem if they wanted to freeze next to the lake. "Hello," Joel said to the dragon and rider once he got close enough. And that's about all he said until Joesk started talking. Hello! Cold today, you cold today? Need blanket if cold, pack more next lake day.
ladyweathervain
Wingsecond

Mon May 27, 2019 12:22 am

Anselth stared down at the wher, seeming surprised at how bold she was. she had seen and heard the green wher around, yes. It wasn't hard to pick up on how loud she was. But that was almost endearing... I can't say that I am cold. But I appreciate the concern. Who are you two?

Eglantine could have rolled her eyes, hearing Anselth mutter to herself internally after the initial greeting. It was something she'd learned to tune out after a while, as her dragon liked to mumble between them... "Sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Eglantine, this is Anselth. I feel like I've seen you around before..." Perhaps they had. Anselth didn't have a proper dossier on them, but 'man with excitable green wher' was not the MOST common phenomenon in High Reaches...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
Candidate Nidai
HIGH REACHES
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Joesk! Am Joesk, the green exclaimed with all the confidence in the world. She knew people had probably heard her around the Weyr before, she could get loud, but that was only when she was excited by everything. Which happened... enough, but, she could be serious! She could be! Just, maybe not now.

"Joel," he replied, looking out over the probably-barely-frozen lake. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to try and stand on it today, he wasn't in the business of freezing to death next to a brownrider pair and his own wher. Hands dove into his jacket pockets as he tried to keep them on the warmer side. "I walk around the place a lot, keeps me active. Keeps her from getting in trouble." He gestured to his green with a small move of his elbow, not removing his hands from his pockets. "A win-win."
ladyweathervain
Wingsecond

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Hmmm. It's a pleasure to meet you both. Anselth replied after a moment's analysis of the pair. May we walk with you, Joesk? I can sense my human is already getting cold. It would be best if we kept ourselves moving...

"Ah... Yes it IS getting rather cold..." Eggie replied. She'd thought herself capable of keeping her circulation up but... Perhpas it was best that they walk by now...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Candiate Theo