Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

The Search [Dreamer]

All roads lead somewhere, and all skies stand overhead. Includes any place in the immediate vicinity of the Weyr.
Agenothree
Candidate

Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 pm

The Search [Dreamer]

"Why do I have to do this?"

Adelais heaved a heavy, dramatic sigh as he swept the light snow off the stairs and walkways of the Harperhall. It didn’t matter that they were enveloped by a light jacket, a heavy jacket, two pairs of pants, warm gloves and boots, and a thick scarf and matching hat: they still felt cold. At least, that’s what Adelais was convinced he felt. The Harper continued to mutter and complain as they worked, muffled slightly under the scarf. To those listening closely, it sounded something like this: “Why am I the one out here toiling like an indentured servant in the freezing cold? Just because I’m one of the oldest Apprentices doesn’t mean I’m just a servant! I can learn more and get to Journeyman! This sharding work is going to kill me from hypothermia, I can already feel my fingers freezing and falling off. It’s just going to snow again! This is a pointless exercise. That one Master Harper is behind this, I’m sure. Stupid old goat.”

Adelais suddenly cut off and looked around him to see if anyone had heard him call a Master Harper a ‘stupid old goat’, chuckling at the daring of himself as he returned to his sweeping. A scowl crossed his face as he glared at the snow covering the walkway, willing it to just blow away and let him be done with this task. Adelais huffed, his breath steaming in the air in a cloud as he made another stroke across the cobblestones, clearing the white powder to reveal the desired sight beneath it. Another sweep, and another, and another. Adelais found himself growing both bored with the task and more grouchy as he thought of who told him to go out here and sweep. Then another thought sobered him up. This was light exercise in the cold weather. Exercise, even light, helped with building him enough to qualify as a Candidate at the Weyr…whenever the next Hatching occurred. Going to the Weyr would be the start of a whole new life for Adelais; a chance to move up in the world, get away from those who have witnessed their failures in their Harper studies. It would be an adventure that Adelais would be hard-pressed to miss. Adelais also realized he’d been complaining rather vehemently. They were positive that such conduct was frowned upon in the Weyr and quickly stifled any further complaints, though such urges were second nature by now.

Soon, the task was done, the young Harper leaning against his broom and looking at his work with a proud smile. They turned, eager to get inside and treat themself to some well-earned hot klah. A sudden gust of wind yanked Adelais’ hat from his head, revealing his mop of wavy black hair, slightly damp from being stuck under a hat. The hat flew high and far and dipped out of sight, and Adelais reacted by shrieking, “Oh! That’s the third time this week!” Huffing his frustration and yelling various epithets, Adelais stormed off into the snowy Hold in search of his lost hat, his mood souring once more. They hunted diligently, muttering as they peered around various obstacles and sifted through piles of snow around the center of the Hold. He shrilled to no-one in particular, trying to vent his anger, “That was my favorite hat, scorch it! If I lose it now, my hair’ll freeze and fall off! I’ll become a hermit if that happens! By the Egg of Faranth, where’s my hat?!” Adelais was done with today already, and it wasn’t even remotely near lunch hour yet. With no klah and no breakfast, and adding in the insulting snow removal job and the inopportune loss of his favorite hat, Adelais was likely to snap at anyone who approached him wrong, and he knew it. Seeing his hat was nowhere in the Hold, they marched out toward the road, scowling furiously.
Last edited by Agenothree on Tue May 18, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Mid morning, and Kreta had had requested on the previous day to go fly to Fort and Ruatha on Search. Particularly since there were now eggs on the Sands, and, well.. Kreta also wanted to stop by her family’s minor Hold in Ruatha to say hello in person. It had been a while since the deaf bluerider had last visited them, after all.

In any case, with said request granted, the bluepair were well on their way to their first stop. Neatly popping out of between high in the skies above Fort Hold and the Harper Hall, Eseath began gracefully circling down to land, her broad blue wingsails catching the blustery winds as Kreta gazed about from her position on her dragon’s neck.

Suddenly a hat flew into view, and Kreta reflexively reached out to grab it as it blew by her. With the hat firmly in her gloved grasp, the surprised bluerider glanced back in the direction she’d seen the item appear as Eseath turned her head to face Kreta. Eseath, I think someone must’ve just lost their hat. Look! Eseath turned her faceted gaze to follow her rider’s gesture, easily spotting the hatless figure grumpily marching out onto the road.

I see him. We will land nearby.

The blue banked out of her original flight path, and a few moments later the pair touched down - raising a slight flurry of snow - a few dragonlengths further along the road. Kreta waved vigorously - the lost hat still held tightly in her raised hand - in an attempt to get the approaching Harper’s attention.
FORT WEYR

Kreta of Blue Eseath (firelizard Leirath)

Xinia of Blue Yhargulth (firelizard Moonshine; originally HR, Impressed @ Fort)

HIGH REACHES WEYR

Viela of Green Oveceth (firelizard Treble; originally Fortian, Impressed @ HR)

L’ana of Brown Jomuroreth (firelizard Smoke)

Candidate Palindrome (firelizard Terret)

Wherling Emogi of Green Emogisk

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen; Impressed in Semaca. Firelizard Nexus)

Weyrling Saekri of Green Paradisoth (originally of Ista; feline Felida)

Weyrling Palico of White Himuroth (originally of High Reaches)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar. Firelizard Name)
Agenothree
Candidate

Fri May 14, 2021 11:43 pm

(OOC: Adelais doesn't know that Kreta is deaf, so they'll talk verbally at least once before figuring it out. XD)

Adelais looked up from the pile of snow they were sifting through as a sound reached their ears: the sound of wind further up the road. The Harper turned...and froze. A blue dragon had just landed down the road from him, several dragonlengths away, and the creature's rider was waving...at him? He spied his hat held in the rider's hand and swallowed reflexively. 'To get my hat back...I'll need to approach...them...'

Adelais was, by no means, immune to the might and majesty of dragons. In his 21 Turns of existence, he'd never come face-to-face with a dragonrider and their bonded partner, though the stories he'd heard from his family and the ballads sung by Harpers had always intrigued him. The Harper squared their shoulders, as if the action could make their paltry 5' 9" of height seem more, and began their approach.

Tamping down his instinctive fear of the dragon, massive in comparison to him, and stopped about ten feet from the rider of the blue. Even from a distance, the dragon was striking, with their pale blue hues reminding Adelais of a still pool of water in summer. Just as quickly, his mind turned to true ice as he gazed over the dragon in obvious awe, the Harper part of his brain already considering a possible tune or rhythm to associate with the blue dragon before him.

Adelais quickly realized his error and ceased to stare. It was quite rude to stare, as they were taught. Shaking their head to clear the clouds and to hide the flush of embarrassment that might have bloomed on his cheeks, the Harper turned to meet the gaze of the blue's rider. His green eyes met her brown ones, and he hastily cleared his throat. They spoke in a formal, yet polite, tone. "I thank you for retrieving my hat, blue rider. The day is more windy than I thought. Is there anything you seek here in Fort Hold that I may provide, as an Apprentice of the Harperhall?"

Adelais grit his teeth after he was through with his greeting. There were countless rules and codes of conduct for Harpers, and the one that stuck with him (and grated his nerves) the most was the necessity of speaking one's rank. It was just another grain of salt rubbing in their wound of not proceeding to Journeyman rank. The Harper was convinced that someone in the Harperhall was out to get him, for here he was: sweeping sidewalks and sent on errands...as an Apprentice. Shoving aside any thought that the failure to graduate lied at his own doorstep, Adelais took a cautious step forward, silently requesting with his body language to claim his hat from the blue rider's hand.
Last edited by Agenothree on Tue May 18, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Tue May 18, 2021 8:12 am

Seeing that she’d finally caught the stranger’s attention; Kreta ceased her vigorous waving to tug her flight goggles down to rest around her neck - her vision momentarily blurry as she subsequently pulled out her glasses from their special pocket to replace them where the goggles had been - in a smoothly well-practiced motion. The swift switchover done, the deaf bluerider undid her straps and easily slid off Eseath’s neck with a softened ‘thump!’ of her boots hitting the snowy ground, the Harper’s hat still safely in hand.

Stepping over to stand by Eseath’s head, the two watched the man square his shoulders and begin covering the last few dragon lengths to their position. It’s obvious he’s never seen dragons up close before, Eseath. Look at his body language! If I’m reading him right, I’d say we’re about to become the first dragonpair this guy’s ever met in person. Kreta told the blue with a brief bemused glance, a friendly grin appearing on her lips.

Indeed. Eseath rumbled calmly in her bonded’s mind with a hint of mutual bemusement. As the awestruck Harper halted ten feet from her rider, the serene blue then added: Ah. Yes indeed, it is about to be his lucky day, Kreta; I sense his potential.

..You’re sensing Candidacy potential already? The snow’s barely even settled! Kreta replied with a soft telepathic laugh, her warm brown gaze confidently meeting the green eyes of their ‘Potential Candidate’ as he turned to her. She noted that he was several inches taller than she was, but frankly, height wasn’t a factor dragons took into account anyway. Well, we are out on Search, Kreta, even if we aren’t ‘officially’ in Fort Hold yet. The blue pointed out calmly, turning her face so an gently swirling green-blue eye centred on the Harper as he then spoke.

A beat passed as Eseath instantly passed along his words, and as the Harper apprentice stepped forward, Kreta held out his hat with a friendly smile; her own body language as relaxed and non-threatening as she could make it. The large dragon then gently reached out to him, her calm rumble of a masculine mindvoice ‘sounding’ like the mental equivalent of a summer rainstorm.

Greetings, Harper apprentice. It was our pleasure to retrieve it. I am Eseath, and my rider is Kreta; she is deaf, hence why I speak on her behalf today. May we know your name?

Eseath paused for a moment as Kreta quickly thought something at her, and then smoothly finishing off her kind introduction with:

My rider says that the winds today certainly are blustery; perhaps it is fortunate we came across your hat when we did. As for what we seek - we are here on Search duty today, if Fort Hold and Harper Hall will accept our presence.
FORT WEYR

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen; Impressed in Semaca. Firelizard Nexus)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar. Firelizard Name)
Agenothree
Candidate

Tue May 18, 2021 10:06 am

Adelais gave a reflexive swallow when one of the blue dragon’s beautifully swirling eyes centered on him, trying to radiate confidence as he accepted his hat from the blue rider with a grateful nod before stepping back a few paces. They’d heard dragons were sensitive in regard to sensing human emotions, and they wanted to make a good impression on the visiting pair, both for themself and for the sake of the Crafthall they represented.

A soft gasp of surprise and tentative delight slipped past his lips as he heard a voice speak to him in his mind, realizing belatedly that it was the blue dragon who he heard. The blue’s voice was quite honestly one of the loveliest they’d ever heard, reminding them of a rolling storm in summertime. It matched quite well with their pale blue hues, Adelais thought. Again, his mind turned to composing a Harper work for the blue pair. They quickly turned from that train of thought, returning his focus to Eseath’s voice and words.

The Harper listened intently, absently rubbing the soft material of his hat between his fingers. After Eseath finished explaining how their rider was deaf and asked the question of his name, Adelais nodded and considered how to reply. Unsure of exactly how to behave with a dragon speaking directly to him in his mind, he nervously cleared his throat and replied verbally, thinking out every word carefully before he spoke.

“I am Adelais, Apprentice Harper. Again, I thank you both for the retrieval of my hat. It is one of my favorites; quite warm and normally snug, good for the cold blustery weather. I am quite certain that you will both be most welcome here in Fort Hold and the Harperhall. I hope that your Search here is successful, blue Eseath and rider Kreta. In fact, since the weather has decided to be so windy and cold today, would you care for some klah to warm you, rider Kreta? I should be able to fetch some for you from my Crafthall without making too much of a fool of myself. Or perhaps you'd like to visit the Harperhall yourself and take your klah there near the fire? Who knows? It may be that you'll find a worthy Candidate there, no?”
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Fri May 21, 2021 7:19 pm

Watching him, Kreta easily saw the exact moment the Harper apprentice heard Eseath’s mindvoice for the first time. The man’s green eyes momentarily went out-of-focus as he listened intently to her dragon; Kreta grinning at his reaction of delighted surprise.

Moments later, the Harper nodded and began to reply; Kreta ‘listening’ to his words through Eseath. At the ‘hope your Search is successful’ part, Kreta glanced at the blue in bemusement - they knew it was already successful, for there in front of them was their first potential Candidate of the day in Adelais, though the poor nervous Harper didn’t yet know it.

We should tell him now, Eseath. Although a steaming mug of hot klah does sound lovely...

Shall we see how he feels about a short dragon-ride back to the Harperhall first? This way we can be absolutely certain that he is an possibility, and you can get your mug of klah at the same time.

Mmm.. That’s a very good idea, Eseath. Let’s do it.

A mere moment later, she nodded in acceptance of Adelais’ offer of klah as her blue’s mind once again reached out to the Harper.

Of course, Harper Adelais, it is our pleasure. Kreta says a mug of klah would be much appreciated, and we accept your invitation to the Harperhall; Kreta will be able to write or sign to you there, without needing me to act as an ‘go-between’. There was a hint of humour in the blue’s calm mindvoice; her rider grinning at the pun, before she continued.

As the Harperhall is now quite a ways away from us.. How do you feel about flying there?
FORT WEYR

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

Agenothree
Candidate

Fri May 21, 2021 8:33 pm

Adelais, still heady from the feeling of hearing a dragon's voice in his mind, smiled slightly in amusement at the pun of 'go-between', remembering the dragons' ability to go from here to there was called going between. They listened intently to Eseath, then paled slightly at the suggestion of flying to the Harperhall. He'd never flown on the back of a dragon, even for a short distance, yet he'd dreamt of flying for ages. Now he had the opportunity to experience the sensation of dragon flight, even if it was for a small distance. Would he pass up a blue rider's generosity?

The Harper opened his mouth to automatically give a polite denial, then snapped it shut as his own desires came rushing in. Then, he started to suggest it wasn't that far for him to walk, only to realize he'd gone clear to the other side of the Hold in the search for his lost hat. With a deep breath to calm their sudden rush of exhilaration and slight fear, they turned to Kreta and gave a single nod with a smile, replying verbally, "I'd be honored, blue rider Kreta. I'll admit...I've never had the experience, so please excuse my ignorance and any mistakes I may make."
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:47 pm

Technically it was easy enough to sit on a dragon and hang on to a neck ridge, or to herself... But it was understandable, really - this Harper had obviously never had the opportunity to meet or ride a dragon, after all. That was about to be rectified, of course!

Kreta shrugged as if to say ‘no problem!’, a grin still playing on her lips. As she raised one hand to form a ‘come with me’ gesture, the deaf bluerider confidently began turning away to amble back toward Eseath’s shoulder.

Stepping lightly onto the large blue’s forearm, she pointed at Adelais, then at the extra padded seat behind hers on Eseath’s neck, back at the Harper, and gave him a brief nod with her eyebrows raised questioningly. Hopefully he understood.

Then - as her dragon began to crouch down even lower to make it easier for the Harper to board - Kreta vaulted easily up into her seat, one gloved hand briefly gripping the neck ridge in front to support her as she swung a leg up and over. Comfortably settled, she leaned over to offer Adelais her hand; her brown eyes twinkling merrily.
FORT WEYR

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

Agenothree
Candidate

Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Adelais observed the blue rider's gestures, doing his best to decipher her movements and glean what she meant. Hoping they got it all right, the Harper cautiously approached the blue dragon. He froze when Eseath crouched down low, but relaxed as he watched Kreta some more and realized that it was just to help him get up easier. His timidity showing in every movement, Adelais soon stood right beside Eseath, looking at the blue in nervous awe, seeing just how small him himself was in comparison to the large dragon.

Swallowing back any further fears and shutting them behind doors of confidence, Adelais made their move. He took a deep breath, then nodded his thanks to Eseath before leaping up into the extra seat, heart in his chest as he got settled and looked around. Even when the blue was crouched down, the snowy road out of Fort seemed...distant. They were much higher than they ever were on any runner they'd ever ridden.

Sighing softly in relief at not being eaten immediately, the Harper kept a respectful space between himself and rider Kreta, not wanting to crowd her. They managed to murmur, voice kept low, "Well, this is...already quite the experience! Erm, forgive my ignorance, but...now what is to happen?" Deep down, Adelais was quite excited over the prospect of riding in to the Harperhall on the back of a dragon. Let that silence any rumors of his incapability to rise to Journeyman rank!
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:11 am

Once he was up, Kreta nimbly twisted about in her seat to offer the Harper a set of spare safety straps she kept stashed in a saddlebag for this purpose - gesturing that they were to be individually attached to the man’s belt if he had one; the opposite ends to be clipped to the loops sewn into the leather saddle - before turning back around to clip on her own straps in a kindly demonstrative manner.

Once she was sure Adelais was comfortably settled in behind her, straps and all, the bluerider grinned even wider as she gave him an enthusiastic thumbs-up. Dragonflight was always quite an wildly exhilarating experience! She could never tire of it, no matter what. Kreta felt certain that she’d still love flying on Eseath, even when her hair greyed and the blue became elderly - if they ever got that far. They were both still young, and part of a Threadfighting wing, after all.

At the Harper’s question, the dragon turned her head so one gently swirling faceted eye could briefly glitter serenely at them, high above the snow.

Harper Adelais, you may hold onto the ridge on my neck in front of you if you wish. I won’t mind. My rider says the straps are there for safety, so you need not worry about falling off me, no matter how high we choose to go.. Kreta adds also that you should probably keep your errant hat in a good tight grip, lest it go for its own flight again.

Another hint of draconic humour in that rumbling mindvoice as she paused, then finished off her reply with a serenely simple phrase.

Now, we fly.

With that, Eseath calmly rose to her feet - the fluid motion rippling softly through the muscles beneath the two riders’ legs - and unfurled her broad wings into the blustery winds in preparation of takeoff. As the dragon’s body momentarily bunched together, the blue launched herself up toward the windswept skies in one great heave. One, two, three wing flaps, and suddenly they were truly airborne; steadily rising in large, lazy circles above the Hold and Harper Hall upon a conveniently presented thermal.
FORT WEYR

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

Agenothree
Candidate

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Adelais accepted the straps with a wordless smile and nod of thanks, watching Kreta closely and mimicking her actions to rig himself in securely. They took another deep breath. 'Is this really happening? Me? On the back of a dragon? My, the other Apprentices will have something sharp to say about this!' Adelais tensed automatically when he heard Eseath's voice in his mind, speaking of the act of flying they were all about to experience. At the suggestion to hold onto his hat, the Harper swiped it off his head and stuffed it deep in his jacket, secure for the journey, an absentminded smile at his lips at the hint of humor in the dragon's words.

Adelais felt they were as ready as they were ever going to be. He took one last deep breath, hastily gripping the ridge in front of him lightly, wondering just how insane he was for agreeing to this as he felt the muscles of the blue ripple beneath him as she prepared for takeoff. A small yelp of surprise escaped the Harper as Eseath leapt into the air, squeezing his eyes shut in a nervous reaction, but he slowly peeled his eyes open after they were all in the air and gliding smoothly and not crashing to their deaths.

And was stunned silent by the sight.

Adelais thought Fort Hold was beautiful just from walking through its streets. He was dead wrong. From the height of Eseath's back, the Harper could see almost everything he loved about his home. It was...breathtaking, to say the least. The whole experience was! Meeting a dragonrider, inviting her to take klah in his Harperhall, accepting her offer to fly there, and now this glorious view. Adelais let their eyes slip closed, enjoying the feel of the crispy cold air kissing their skin, nipping their nose bright red, and whistling through their black waves refreshingly. A light laugh of joy escaped him as he fluttered his eyes open and looked to the other side, eager to see more of the Hold from the vantage provided by this wonderful blue pair.
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:56 am

Kreta glanced back over her shoulder at him with a huge grin, immensely enjoying the Harper’s reactions to the experience. What she could see of his face morphed from stunned stillness to the animated mobility of an joyous laugh, and so she too laughed softly; her eyes twinkling as she was momentarily overtaken by the electrifying flying-thrill she always delighted in.

For a few moments, all the cold, blustery world was reduced to nothing more than just that; the sensation of the winds brushing its icy chill around the exposed skin of her slightly reddened face - a few stray tendrils tugged free of her braided hair dancing lightly about her head - and the warm sturdiness of Eseath’s neck muscles rolling beneath her legs with every wingbeat. Kreta soon turned from the clearly enchanted Harper to also admire the snowy vistas far below, her blue calmly carrying them through yet another loop of Fortian airspace.

So, what do you think of him, Eseath? Definitely a possibility?

Yes. The Harper definitely has the ‘spark’, as you would call it.. I knew the moment we landed, of course; now we both know that he could make an excellent rider, if he chooses to accept the Search. Are you ready for that mug of klah, Kreta?

You bet! Let’s go and break the news to him over some nice steaming hot klah.

Kreta patted the neck ridge in front of her lovingly, grinning as Eseath banked slightly, slowly tightening her lazy circuits into a gracefully spiralling corkscrew aimed at the centre of the Harperhall’s ample courtyard. Successfully executing the landing with the expertise born of constant practice, Eseath folded in her broad wing sails and calmly lowered herself as close to the ground as the dragon feasibly could. Kreta undid her straps, and swiftly slid off the blue as smoothly as she had before.

She immediately stepped over to offer the Harper a hand with dismounting, if he wanted it; the bluerider studiously ignoring the startled stares she was almost certain were present and boring into the back of her head - or more likely, just at the unexpected tableau they made - for the moment.
FORT WEYR

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

Agenothree
Candidate

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:21 am

Adelais found his sightseeing was cut short as the blue began to enter the circling descent most dragons used to land, his focus drawing from the views around him to the dragon's practiced movements. When they landed, Adelais did his best to move with Eseath, like he'd learned with his one and only lesson with runners. Thankfully, the Harper did not crash forward into Kreta, for that would be very humiliating and probably a little painful.

Once all was still, Adelais hastily undid the straps holding him in place, turning to slide off as well after Kreta, only to see her extended hand. They smiled lightly, accepting the help on the caution that, if they didn't, they were likely to have an embarrassing tumble into the snow. The Harper found himself back on stable ground again, looking around him as if he'd never been here before, then giving a nod of respect and gratitude to Eseath.

That's when he saw all the people gazing in surprise at them. Adelais returned their gazes flatly, calling shrewishly, "What're you lot looking at? Never seen a dragon and rider before?" Making his presence known to the others, Adelais then turned to Kreta and beckoned her to follow him with a bright grin, eager to get inside and get them both some klah to chase away the wintry chill. After walking a few paces, they scowled at the sight of the light snow covering the sidewalks they had so painstakingly swept earlier. Snorting in irritation, Adelais called to Kreta, "I'm certain the Masterharper will be glad to meet you. I hope you'll find a suitable Candidate or two inside."
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:02 am

Kreta grinned back, sensing the startled gazes she’d felt a moment ago all suddenly shift their focus elsewhere - as if embarrassed to have been caught, Kreta thought bemusedly, correctly surmising that the Harper they’d flown here had been the cause of the change. Never mind that he was an apprentice.. but perhaps it was only that these people had suddenly remembered one was supposed to be respectful of a dragon and their rider when you were in their presence, according to the Teaching Ballads. Kreta chuckled softly to Eseath through their telepathic connection as she briefly patted the blue’s shoulder fondly, then quickly followed Adelais; lengthening her stride to match his. She was equally eager to escape from the blustery cold of the winds inside. And very much looking forward to breaking the news to him of his Candidacy potential over that lovely hot mug of klah he’d promised..

Eseath was happy to remain outside - the icy weather today was practically nothing compared to the bitterly cold nothingness of between to the dragon. Dragon hide was capable of withstanding such temperatures surprisingly well, after all.

The Harper paused by the snowy sidewalks, seeming irritated by it.. but Kreta merely tapped his shoulder as she slipped by past him, attempting to gain his attention. With a shrug and a friendly grin, the bluerider gestured toward the entrance they’d been aiming for, pointed to herself - then him - and shaped her gloved hands into a mug that she pretended to drink from; finishing off the sentence she’d just signed with her eyebrows briefly raised in query. ‘Let’s go inside and have klah first. Drink with me?’ Hopefully the Harper understood what she’d tried to convey.
FORT WEYR

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

Agenothree
Candidate

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Adelais was brought from his thoughts of irritation by a light tap on his shoulder. The Harper turned and offered a smile for Kreta, his expression changing to one of thought as he watched her gesture and tried to interpret what she was conveying. They seemed to understand just enough and nodded happily. They darted ahead, halfway to the door before they turned and beckoned the blue-rider to follow them inside.

Adelais opened the door and let Kreta in politely, stepping in after her and hustling to remove his coat and scarf and hang them on the provided hooks to dry. He gestured to an empty hook for her to remove any outer garments she wished and hang them there. A nod was given, then the Harper was at the hearth, preparing a mug of hot klah for their guest. After sniping at a fellow Apprentice who dared stop him in his task, Adelais placed the steaming mug and a tray of standard klah additions at a table near the hearth.

Adelais disappeared into the back a moment, only to return with a foul expression, a tray of fresh winter pastries, and parchment tucked under his arm. The second and third they placed on the table, while they kept the first, turning and getting a writing implement, setting it beside the parchment neatly. A low sigh escaped the Harper as he fetched himself a mug of klah and settled in one of the seats at the table, taking a sip and losing the scowl immediately. He smiled to Kreta and spoke as clearly as possible so she could 'see' his words, "The Masterharper bids you welcome and good tidings on your Search. Here is your klah, as promised, as well as some sweet treats. Now, is there anyone here that seems...a Candidate?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux