Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Ageno] Unhappy Reunion

Arcane
Thread-Touched

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 pm

[Ageno] Unhappy Reunion

It was hard for Daphne to believe her own audacity. She had come to the weyr. She had become a candidate. She was (maybe) going to become a dragonrider, if her mother didn't manage to secure a suitable proposal of marriage before she Impressed. Daphne didn't actually know particularly much about being a dragonrider, but it sounded very exciting and glamorous in the songs.

She thought she'd make a rather fine goldrider. Or at least a rather fetching greenrider with a suitably gallant bronzerider weyrmate.

Daphne was very excited to begin her new life as a candidate. And she knew just who to ask what to expect.

Why, Eloise had been at the weyr for several whole sevendays. Surely she would know exactly what to do. And surely she would be beyond delighted to have her beloved family with her again.

With a bit of a squee, Daphne scurried off towards the door she had been told was Eloise's and knocked, "Eloise! You will never believe who has come to the weyr to be a candidate with you."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingsecond Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Cole
Daphne
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Eliza of Garnet Riaath
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Ailee of Green Suventh
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Jace
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Anoni of Blue Cermurith
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Quintar of Green Task
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Eli
Steward Molly
Agenothree
Junior Weyrleader

Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 am

It took Eloise a moment to realize someone was knocking at the door, for the book she was absorbed in was quite interesting and held her attention. When she did realize someone was at her door, she stayed quiet and ignored the interruption, knowing the ill-timed visitor would assume she was not in her room or otherwise not taking visitors, and would thus leave her.

Then that voice called out to her...and Eloise knew there would never be time alone again.

Eloise set her book aside and padded across to the door, taking a moment to plaster a grin to her face before she opened it to reveal her elder sister Daphne. "Daphne!" Eloise grit out a pleased chirp behind her teeth. "What a...surprise!" For it was. Eloise had been positive that a woman such as Daphne would never step foot in a Weyr. She had plans for marriage and romance and...yuck.

Then why would Daphne be here...unless something had occurred at home after Eloise had left on Search. Eloise sobered immediately and mastered her annoyance of being interrupted from her book, stepping aside to allow Daphne in with a quiet, "Come in, sister," though she was certain she was about to regret her decision quite a bit.

After all, Eloise's quarters were, bluntly put, a mess. With no mothers or sisters to nag her and no future suitors to impress with her cleanliness, Eloise had let herself return to a more natural state. Clothes strewn over the end of her bed, over the backs of chairs; reading material pilled up on the floor and table; a dish or two she had forgotten to take back to the kitchens. Eloise was sure Daphne would make a fuss, but that's what elder sisters did: fuss.

Eloise hastily cleared aside the clutter from the table, making room for herself and her sister to sit and talk, perhaps even with refreshments, if Eloise remembered such trivial things. Well, she was a bit hungry... After taking the time to sweep any potential dust and crumbs from Daphne's seat, Eloise asked politely, "Would you care for refreshment while we talk? Klah? Perhaps some light biscuits?"
Arcane
Thread-Touched

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:36 pm

Daphne entered the room silently, looking over the mess, before letting out a sigh, "I have been informed the drudges here do not maintain candidates' room but that is no excuse for a daughter of a proud, holder family to live in squalor. Come, let us neaten this up together."

Daphne picked up a shirt and frowned as she attempted to fold it. That didn't look right...How did the drudges do it back home? She continued trying as she smiled at Eloise's offer.

Her sister's room might be a mess, but clearly she had not forgotten all the rules of ladylike etiquette their mother had worked so hard to instill in them, "Refreshments sound lovely. In the Dining Hall, perhaps, where you will need not tidy up after."

Daphne had yet to see the Dining Hall but she had heard about it in her brief orientation about the weyr.

Now on her fourth attempt to correctly fold the garment, Daphne smiled and said, "I have ever so much to tell you, Eloise. Much has changed at home since you departed, little of it for the better. But I am pleased to be able to be here as a candidate by your side."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
Augury of Blue Velveth
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
Cole
Daphne
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Eliza of Garnet Riaath
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Ailee of Green Suventh
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Jace
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Anoni of Blue Cermurith
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Quintar of Green Task
Rhea of Green Rheask
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Eli
Steward Molly
Agenothree
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:17 am

Eloise managed to turn what would've been a snarl into more of a light comment with a change of tone. "And if I prefer to dwell in this kind of "squalor"? It's just simpler to lay your clothes aside than take the time to fold every one, especially when you have other duties calling you. I find this to be a natural habitat for me." Eloise sat down at the hastily cleared table with a pair of her shoes, trying to neatly tuck the laces in the shoes for storage and to pretend she was doing something for Daphne's sake.

Eloise set the shoes aside after a moment, chuckling to Daphne, "I will impart one bit of Candidate wisdom upon you, sister: don't wear clothes you like to your chore assignments. They'll just get torn and dirty, and keeping up appearances doesn't matter here, nor does our Holder breeding. To the Weyr, we're all just Candidates." After a moment, in which Eloise managed to neatly fold and roll a pair of pants - privately hoping Daphne didn't see the article of clothing that was not a skirt - and put it in its place. After, she suggested mildly, "Perhaps we should talk in private first, then we can seek out refreshment."

Eloise sat at the hastily cleared table, folding her hands in her lap unconsciously. Her mind was whirling with...all of it. Whatever was happening at home, and Daphne - a bloody Candidate, with her! Oh, Faranth have mercy. This was either going to be hellish, listening to Daphne talk of romance and marriage for the umpteenth time, or hilarious, watching Daphne learn to get into the muck and get through her many chores and lessons. Well, Daphne will likely be as graceful as ever in her lessons...but the chores...oh, pure gold.
Arcane
Thread-Touched

Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Much as Eloise didn't like folding, she seemed to be better at it than Daphne was. Daphne knew eleven different ways to fold a napkin and the appropriate circumstances for each. But where did the sleeves of this shirt go? They kept getting in the way of her swan fold.

At least it was getting cleaned, one way or another. Even if some of Eloise's garments seemed decidedly scandalous. Daphne decided to politely pretend not to notice Eloise's thoroughly improper trousers, "One never knows when one might have an unexpected visitor of high station. Surely you would wish to be able to welcome them to a suitable abode." Not that this room could ever really be called proper. It was quite small, with no appropriate location for receiving guests. Whoever had designed it had not been considering the needs of modern entertainment.

Daphne nodded at Eloise's suggestion, "I have no objection to that itinerary."

Daphne listened to Eloise's advice. She hadn't brought any clothes she didn't like or find flattering. Very well. She would just have to make do, "I will confine myself to my seventh best dress. It still looks rather fetching, I think, and would surely not displease the eye of any admirer."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
Augury of Blue Velveth
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
Cole
Daphne
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Eliza of Garnet Riaath
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Ailee of Green Suventh
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Jace
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Anoni of Blue Cermurith
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Quintar of Green Task
Rhea of Green Rheask
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Eli
Steward Molly
Agenothree
Junior Weyrleader

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:59 am

Eloise opened her mouth to protest the whole "unexpected visitor of high station" bit, only to pause. They were in a Weyr, where riders and handlers Impressed to their respective bonded partners and ascended the ranks. If Eloise proved especially talented, a rider could drop by to visit. That would be an unexpected visitor of high station. Eloise grumbled wordlessly to herself, refusing to verbally admit that Daphne and her logic was, for once, right. She didn't want her quarters looking completely like a pigsty if a rider dropped by.

Noticing the way Daphne was attempting to fold one of her shirts, Eloise huffed softly to herself, set aside another pair of trousers, and snatched up another unfolded shirt from a nearby pile as she approached Daphne and the bed. "You cannot fold a shirt as you would a napkin, sister." Eloise's voice was tinged with amusement she so nobly attempted to hide for Daphne's sake. She spread out the shirt and demonstrated in short order how to fold it. Eloise demonstrated again, this time going slower and speaking about every step for Daphne to understand.

Setting aside the now twice-folded shirt, Eloise resisted the urge to snarl about Daphne and her precious admirers. If Daphne managed to find herself a suitor among the Weyr, Eloise would eat her best hat. And even the unrefined Eloise found Daphne's seventh best dress to be quite fetching. Would it truly be a confinement? After a moment, Eloise sighed, "That sounds agreeable. If you need to purchase a new dress for whatever ridiculous upcoming occasion, caravans occasionally stop in the Weyr to trade, though I didn't hear of them carrying the type of expensive silks we of the oh-so-dignified and elegant Holders prefer to wear."

Eloise couldn't help but rolled her eyes, adding, "I suggest purchasing dresses of material not so fine as what we Holder girls are supposed to wear, for the purpose of working our best in them. Yes, work? Faranth preserve us, we shall absolutely ruin the softness of our dainty hands! Well, that's what oils and lotions are for." Eloise snickered softly, then continued. "I could accompany you, if you wish, to select a few garments that please you and your...tastes, as well as serve their intended purpose. I'm sure you'd like to see your favorite silks to last into the new Turn, yes?" With a mild smirk pulling at her lips, Eloise snorted in a very unladylike manner, "I would also suggest you purchase trousers, but I'm certain you'd find that horribly scandalous and absolutely unacceptable."
Arcane
Thread-Touched

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:52 pm

Daphne watched Eloise carefully, taking mental note of everything she did. She wished she had a notepad to record it all. Daphne had no wish for her own clothes to crease badly or to look unsightly in their drawers. Eloise's way of folding them really was much more efficient for this particular shape of garment.

"Thank you, Eloise. I may have to ask you to repeat this sometime when I have a piece of hide to record it all. Do not fear- I will practice folding clothes diligently," Daphne pledged. It would be another matronly skill to add to her repertoire. Someday, should she receive a proper proposal of marriage, she would be better equipped to manage the drudges of her husband's household with this newfound knowledge. Should she remain at the weyr, she could exercise this skill for the betterment of herself and her future weyrmate.

Daphne all but squeed at Eloise's news of caravans, "Oh that is most pleasing news indeed. I didn't want to say anything, but the clothes on offer in the weyr storerooms are sorely lacking. I do not think they will flatter me at all. I am aware that life at the weyr will require some compromises. I do not require silk- a decent satin would suit me equally well, I reckon."

Daphne's nose wrinkled a bit as she looked at her very well-tended hands. Callouses weren't attractive at all. But she supposed it was a sacrifice she must make. Surely the sort of man who sought a candidate for a wife or weyrmate wouldn't be repulsed by a few callouses. Daphne all but shuttered at the thought, "Thank you for the warning, dear sister. Your perseverance is admirable, to maintain your good cheer in the face of such hardship. I may only hope I can cultivate the same fortitude within myself."

Daphne brightened up again at Eloise's offer. She did so enjoy shopping! "That is ever so kind of you, Eloise, and I would be most grateful. Perhaps we could choose a suiting new garment for you as well...a practical one, of course." She pursed her lips, "I do not think I have the figure for pants. If the common holdswoman is able to work in a sturdy enough skirt, surely so can I."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
Augury of Blue Velveth
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
Cole
Daphne
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Eliza of Garnet Riaath
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Ailee of Green Suventh
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Jace
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Anoni of Blue Cermurith
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Quintar of Green Task
Rhea of Green Rheask
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Eli
Steward Molly
Agenothree
Junior Weyrleader

Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Eloise rolled her eyes and replied crisply, "You don't need a piece of hide to record how to fold a shirt, dear sister. Plenty of observation and practice will do the trick. It's relatively simple, if you feel like taking the time to fold your clothes daily. I can teach you, if you'd like, so there'll be no need to dirty up a hide or spend that time writing down...whatever you'd write to fold clothing." The Candidate had an inkling as to exactly why Daphne wished to learn to fold, but she kept her tongue behind her teeth. Something told her now was not the time to air her laundry.

Deciding to remain silent and only nod in response to Daphne's evaluation of the Weyr's stored clothing, remembering how important a flattering figure was for young Holder ladies as they were, Eloise could not remain silent at Daphne's comment of hardship. "Sister... Being here, in the Weyr for the opportunity to Stand and Impress, is a privilege. Some chores mixed in with our lessons are perfectly agreeable to me. Think of it as adding more skills to our feminine skillset in attracting a good man, hmm?" Hoping that might change Daphne's tune, Eloise set to placing her folded garments in the drawers they rightfully belonged to.

At Daphne's mention of pants in such a tone, Eloise had to chuckle. "Indeed, dear sister. You seem meant for elegant dresses and bright jewels. However, we won't always be assigned to washing laundry and kitchen duties. Sometimes, a pair of pants - as repulsive as some may find them - is most useful to have in your wardrobe." At the mention of a new garment for herself, she stiffened and politely added, "Oh, not for me. At least, not for now. I have plenty of other clothes I should wear out first, don't you think?"
Arcane
Thread-Touched

Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:56 am

Daphne nodded to Eloise's proposed teaching plan, looking uncharacteristically serious about folding clothes, "I suppose that would make more sense. Very well then. I pledge to be a diligent student. This will be the first of the weyr arts I shall master, to become a worthy candidate." And perhaps in the process, they could return Eloise's room to something approaching a habitable state.

Daphne had to admire Eloise's continued optimism and good cheer and determination to put a positive spin on the indignities of candidacy. Daphne really didn't see how some of the tasks she'd been informed fell to candidates were appropriate for future riders. Riders weren't lords but they had their own dignity to maintain.

"I do not think I wish to know any man who would consider cleaning privies or shoveling firestone an important skill for his weyrmate or bride," Daphne said with a frown, "But such is the price we must pay to be candidates."

If Daphne's brothers would not secure her future, she would persevere along this difficult and unconventional path.

"Do the candidatemasters expect or require us to wear trousers? Surely they understand that while such things might be normal for weyrfolk and at such holds as Fort, some women are not comfortable in such garments," Daphne asked, already slightly mortified at the thought of an attractive man finding her unwomanly or immodest, "And one can never have too many clothes, Eloise. That is what mother has always taught me."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
Augury of Blue Velveth
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
Cole
Daphne
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Eliza of Garnet Riaath
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Ailee of Green Suventh
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Jace
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Anoni of Blue Cermurith
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Quintar of Green Task
Rhea of Green Rheask
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Eli
Steward Molly
Agenothree
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:32 am

Eloise couldn't help but chuckle softly in response, politely stifling a full laugh as she gently said, "I don't believe a dragonet will care whether or not you can fold a shirt properly, sister, but I nevertheless pledge to be your teacher in the art of folding laundry." Wrangling another shirt into order and putting at away, she added, "Yes, we Candidates are assigned many chores, upon arrival. I believe it's an attempt to introduce us to the life of duty we would experience as dragonriders. If a Candidate cannot manage, then they are not suited to being a dragonrider and the duties it entails. It might also serve to keep our rambunctious young person energies in check, so as not to start any conflicts."

Eloise mused aloud in reply to Daphne's question, "I don't believe it's a requirement to wear trousers if you don't want to; merely a recommendation. If it were a requirement, the Holder girls would revolt, pitchforks and all!" Eloise snickered at the mental image of Daphne at the head of the group, demanding that this horrible, unjust rule be repealed. Yet Eloise nodded in understanding, adding, "You're right, some may find trousers uncomfortable or distressing in some manner, just as some may find skirts to be!" As Daphne reminded her of what their mother had taught, Eloise groaned internally even as she politely smiled and nodded. One could absolutely have too many clothes, in Eloise's opinion.
Arcane
Thread-Touched

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:04 pm

"A rider's life isn't limited to their dragon alone. A rider also has humans to impress. Surely a sensible dragon would prefer her rider maintain a sterling reputation," Daphne said. She had tamed her own rambunctious energies of youth long ago. Proper young lord holders wished for their wives to be serene and self-contained, "There must be more to it than that. There are different forms of duty. Riders are, I imagine, more akin to Lord Holders in their duties than drudges. Our brothers never performed these sorts of chores."

Daphne nodded at Eloise's description, "Well if other holder girls continue to wear skirts, I shall do the same. Although perhaps I will purchase one pair of trousers, just in case."

There could be some weyr men who favored such unseemly garments and Daphne wouldn't wish to be caught unprepared.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth