Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Well-Deserved Rest [Woky]

A large, sandy beach a fair flight or ride away from Fort Weyr. Many may find it a relaxing place to spend a day.
EW-NA
Candidate

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:21 pm

Well-Deserved Rest [Woky]

Daedra made her way to the Junior Weyrleader's office, walking with purpose. Though, as expected, there was still a happy little perk to her steps. She just desperately hoped he wasn't in an important meeting currently, as that would have put a real damper on her visit. However, she'd made enough visits that the brownhandler could roughly estimate when his more quiet work hours were.

"Here's hoping this works out like we hope," Daedra quietly whispered to Drask, as the two of them honed in on the familiar door.

The wher only snorted, but followed along none the less. Despite his demeanor, he was rather interested in the turn out of this meeting. Though, he wasn't a creature to get overly hopeful, unlike his tiny handler. She had enough hope and goodwill packed into her small body to overshadow the rest of the Weyr...

Pausing at his door, Daedra carefully balanced the serving tray she was carrying, so she could gently rap her knuckles to signal her arrival. While she waited, she smiled as she looked over the spread gathered upon it. Xander's preferred afternoon tea, as well as some biscuits and other snackables she noticed he was fond of.

Daedra was not one for bribery, but she knew a belly full of pleasurable treats always put people in a good state of mind~
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:01 am

Work was certainly never fully done. It was not new to Xander, there was always something to do in his every waking moment. Policies to review, complaints to take into consideration, it was always something more coming in bit by bit. That was simply how things were.

Though rest would not be unwelcome, there always seemed to be more work to do sometimes. A lull in the process usually meant there was so much more waiting to surprise him.

He briefly glanced up when he heard the knocking. "Come in." He said somewhat idly, though he was not at all surprised to see Daedra and Drask. Their visits were hardly unusual, though seeing Drask awake in the daytime was always surprising, even though he knew the wher tended to stick to Daedra's side at all times.

"And what do I owe to the pleasure of afternoon tea with my favorite person, and her strong wher?" Xander smiled warmly at her, motioning to an extra seat. He cleared the papers to the side of his desk, leaving room for the tray.
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
N'eth of Green Azoth
Weyrling Alphinaud of Green Koth
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Journeyman Scribe Urianger
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
Aymeric of Garnet Thanatoth
Persephone of Green Amauroth
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Weyrling Datte of White Tarith
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Candidate

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:30 pm

She didn't hesitate to open the door and step inside, once she heard his reply. However, she still took a cautious glance around, making sure there really was no important discussion happening. Assured by his comment and smile, Daedra giggled as she made her way over, though she took extra caution when setting the tray down. No spills, no accidents~

Drask, on the other hand, merely sauntered at his own pace. Using his tail to push the door closed again, he only gave a 'whuff' in acknowledgement, before moving to his usual place within the office. Hunkering down, the wher kept his backside towards Xander and Daedra while they convened around the desk. It was his minimal attempt to offer them privacy in their conversation... despite the fact that he could absolutely hear every word spoken.

With the tray resting upon his desk, Daedra went right to her standard ritual when paying him a visit. The redhead hurried over to his side, before wrapping her arms around his neck in a warm embrace. Daedra nuzzled the side of her face against his own before offering him a gentle kiss in greeting. It was one of the reasons she loved visiting him in his office. Xander was finally at the perfect height for her to shower him in such affections, when in his chair.

"I thought you might appreciate some refreshments," Daedra replied, pulling away from him and moving around to sit across the desk.

"I just wanted to check up on you. The Weyr's just buzzing with talk and activity about the dragons eggs and---"

Daedra was sharply interrupted, as Drask made a firm sound. Blinking, the redhead turned to glance behind her, making eye contact with the brown as he did the same. Though he didn't vocalized more than another 'whuff' in her direction, Daedra couldn't help but chuckle awkwardly as his message was received loud and clear.

-Don't beat around the weyr-

"Ah, well-," she began again, clearing her throat as she turned back to face Xander. "-I actually did come to see you for a reason," she admitted. "I wanted to ask how busy you would be, in the upcoming days. I know the council is generally always busy but... you've just seemed very worn out these last few weeks."

Her eyes turned for a moment, staring to one of the shelves lining the wall as her delicate fingers fiddled with a section of red hair. She wasn't sure why she felt so fidgety asking him this. Perhaps a bit nervous she might insult him in some manner, or anger him, if that were possible.

"I thought... maybe you'd like to take a break," she explained, turning her blue eyes back to meet his. "A proper one-- where you could relax and enjoy time for yourself and rest up! It just seems like things will get more labor intensive for you, once the eggs hatch and Gold Aldoeith and her rider leave High Reaches..."

Daedra made herself stop after that, hesitantly chewing her bottom lip. She felt like she was rambling. There was a high probability in her mind that Xander would decline her suggestion, which she would accept if he were firm on it. She knew how seriously he took his responsibilities... but it still seemed like it was always much more than he should be doing.
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:03 pm

Xander smiled, returning her embrace briefly. It was always nice to have something so good coming his way, and this certainly was one of the better decisions he had made. He even could handle Drask being a smelly wher, because Daedra was some of the best he could get. He waited for her to settle before he picked up his tea. That was good enough.

He paid attention, looking at Daedra as she, predictably, wandered around in circles to try to get to her point. She always seemed to stray along the path to her message, getting distracted and taken to other avenues before she found her way. It was cute. He loved it about her.

And she wasn't wrong, he always had more work to do. With eggs, and Toki transferring, he would have to hope that they did have a gold in one of those eggs. They needed this, otherwise he'd be negotiating with more weyrs to try to get more clutches, or transfer a goldrider in. It was a lot.

"And what are you suggesting, my dear? To take a break for a little bit?"
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Candidate

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 am

"Well, I was thinking more... a holiday! Or a few of them, specifically," Daedra chirped in reply.

"I think it might be nice if you took a break and relaxed somewhere outside of the Weyr! Considering the dragon eggs don't seem like they'll be ready to hatch for a little while still, why not go somewhere to enjoy yourself before they do? I've never experienced a hatching, but I have to imagine things get quite frantic when it's actually time for the dragons to appear, and what comes afterwards."

While everything Daedra rambled on about was 100% true, what she really wanted was for Xander to get a break from High Reaches itself. It wasn't hard for her to see how much of himself the man practically poured into everything for the Weyr's benefit. On top of which, she certainly knew that even if he claimed to be 'taking personal time', Xander would never hesitate to hop right out of it in the event that something came up. She'd witnessed it in person plenty of times.

And, something always came up.

"Doesn't a few days all to yourself, sound wonderful though?" she asked eagerly, eyes unable to hide their sparkling hope for success. "A few days to catch up on the sleep you've missed, and getting to enjoy the wonderful weather of the summer season and all the fun things to see and do? Wouldn't you like to do that?"

With each prompt, Daedra practically leaned closer across his desk, fingers laced together at her chest, as if praying for the desired outcome of his answer. The small redhead was trying to sweeten the pot in any fashion she thought of. If she was going to present the idea, then she really had to sell it, right?

However, she paused when she realized what she was doing. Daedra forced herself back, looking a bit uneasy from her prior actions. She did want him to get a break, but at the same time, she didn't want to force or guilt him to it. Turning her eyes up to him again, she offered a small apologetic expression.

"I'm not trying to force you out or anything of that sort, Xander," she told him, all words of honesty and sincerity. "I've just... I've just been a bit worried about you lately."

"I know how much is at stake with this egg clutch for everyone at the Weyr, and how much High Reaches needs a permanent Gold. You've put in so much effort already to make everything work so far, but there's little to happen now until the eggs actually hatch," she added, not bothering keep things secret.

"I can't help but feel that if you don't take time to rest yourself now, you won't have the chance once the dragons fully hatch..."
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Well, Xander could not really fault her logic.

Something did always come up, and Xander had not taken time out time for himself ever since he came of age. That was just how things always seemed to go, did they not? But maybe he could let himself be taken away. There were others who could handle his duties for a few days, surely. He could delegate a little. And Daedra was correct, the eggs were not going to hatch anytime soon, and he needed to spend a little time away.

"I think.... I can find a way to make things settle, so I can spend time with you for a little vacation." Xander nodded as he stood up, starting to organize his papers.

And there was so much that really needed organizing.

"When do you wish to depart? I assume you have some sort of plan in mind, you usually do when you have ideas like this." He winked at her when he added that. She was truly full of some interesting ideas, but he could let himself be talked into it this time.

Still, it was hard for him to stop thinking about the work that would inevitably await him when he returned.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Candidate

Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:40 am

One could hardly imagine the excitement that surged through her when she heard his response. Daedra practically flew out of her chair, too happy to remain sitting. Her eyes sparkled as she clasped her hands at her chest happily, still unable to believe Xander agreed so easily. She'd thought she'd have to practically beg him. It seemed she made a very fair case on the matter!

Even behind her, Drask joined in her enthusiasm. Now having interest in what was being said, the brown had kept his head turned so he could just catch a glance of them at the desk, honing in to the details. One could almost notice how the last section of his tail just barely tapped upon the flooring. He had been very interested in how this would go, afterall.

"You can?!" she couldn't help but ask in excitement. "You will?!"

The redhead was over the moons and back to hear it. She was happy for him taking his needed break, but at this point, she would have even settled with him just keep to the Weyr, if that was the most she could manage. Yet, Xander agreed to leave and go with her and Drask on a proper vacation. It seemed too good to be true!

"Oh--um..."

Daedra was quickly brought back down to reality when she realized they'd have to figure the details. Of course, she'd thought of such things ahead of time~ She mostly needed to know which of her various planning scenarios to this situation had to be clicked into place.

"It's at your convenience," she beamed at him happily. "However long it takes you to feel you can leave things here! I've already spoken to my Squad Leader and made sure I won't be inconveniencing anyone so chores could be handled! I just have to let them know you agreed!"

Perhaps she had gone a little overboard with assuring her absence. However, Daedra was not one to be inconsiderate to others. It also clearly helped make her case to her weyrmate, if clearly the best option for them both seemed to be to actually take their trip.

"I can even do all the packing," she kindly offered. "-if you want all the time you can get to get your work in order! You can just let me know what you'd like to bring and Drask and I will get it all sorted. We're really good at packing!"

She heard Drask make a small snort in the back, but paid him no mind for the moment. The two of them knew that any packing would be done by her and the wher would be in charge of... being the pack-beast. However, the brown would count it a fair trade, provided them did manage to get to the shore.
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:36 am

To people who didn't know Xander, one would think he was just annoyed. His brow was always furrowed, he always looked like he was scowling, but here he was, smiling. Well, scowling slightly less, as his siblings would put it. But he was happy. And the more he thought about having a few days off, the more he liked it. He'd have Laslow and Peri around if anything came up and he needed to work, but he had a feeling that he would be fine.

"Give me a few candlemarks to wrap things up here, and I'll be ready to go. If you and Drask would be so kind as to pack in the meanwhile, then I would greatly appreciate it." Xander said, giving Daedra another kiss. "I'll keep Peri and Laslow out of your hair, as they'll probably be problems."

As usual.

Still, he loved her. He loved to be with her. And work, while important, always took time from her. It wasn't like he was able to leave his work for others to do, he was Junior after all. But for now, he could be content knowing that the Weyr would not burn down in his absence.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Candidate

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:26 pm

She could hardly contain herself as everything seemed to be falling into place so nicely. Though normally an optimist, Daedra was still a reasonable realist. Even she knew things couldn't simply... be ... just because one wished hard enough, or put the right effort in. However, when those things did happen, it seemed a perfect time to celebrate!

She planned to do a lot of that celebrating once they managed to get to their chosen destination, though. There was still some work to be done!

"Oh, they'd be no trouble," Daedra assured, vouching for Xander's firelizards. "But, you can leave it to us! Take all the time you need to get everything in order for your break!"

Drask let out a loud, displeased snort upon hearing that! The redhead had no problem with them, of course. She was more than happy to coddle Peri and Laslow and treat them like helpless little hatchlings. All the while, they gobbled up all the attention; including when his handler kept scraps from his personally caught meals for them.

Pudgey bug-buzzers...

Drask didn't get to fret on it for much longer, as Daedra hurried back to him, ecstatically cupping his droopy jowls. "Lets get everything packed up and ready to go, Drask," she chirped, bouncing with giddy excitement as she mooshed his flabby skin about. "-so Xander can get his part done! Then we're off to the White Coast! A proper holiday with all of us together!!"

The brown perked up at that, specifically the chance to be at the shoreline. For once, Drask moved off his bum with very little coaxing, almost looking pleased at this whole concept. With things in order, Daedra turned back to Xander, blowing him a small kiss and a smile as she waved 'farewell, for now'.

Scurrying back to their weyr, Daedra jumped right into the task of organizing clothing, items, and anything to be brought on their little beach holiday. Her items were simple to do, as expected, considering most of her life had comprised of packing and brining what was essential from place to place. Drask's packing was also pretty simple and straight forward (though she did have to compromise with him, as he couldn't bring all his blankets).

Packing for her weyrmate, however, proved to be a bit more of a challenge. As Daedra went through Xander's clothing, she found it very hard to find anything she considered... 'casual'. The man seemed to have such regal and lovely looking items, ones she'd hate to see ruined with all the sand and salt of the coastline. He barely seemed to have anything one would count as 'fun clothes', but she supposed that was a testament to his character.

Daedra hoped the plainer items she did find under all the finery would suffice...

"That should do it, I think... Now, let's get these to the cart we can borrow! Then we just have to wait for Xander~"
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:28 am

Unawares to just how much packing had gone into the entire endeavor, Xander had settled himself with securing a cart and ensuring that things would not explode in his absence. Weyrleader duties - Junior or not - were always there in his mind, and he needed to make sure that everything would be in a proper order. Besides, he had to trust that others would be able to handle the task while he was away, even if it was only for a few days. Things would surely be able to handle themselves. He hoped.

But eventually, everything was indeed in order, and he was able to make his way from his office to the waiting cart. A small holiday was nothing to worry about, and he would have to stop worrying about the weyr long enough to enjoy it. That was probably doable.

"Ah, I hope I have not kept you waiting long." Xander apologized as he approached, knowing full well that he had been delayed for quite some time. "My apologies, I needed to ensure everything was going to be fine while I am gone, and it will be. Let's not delay further, and get on the road."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Candidate

Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:02 am

With their duty achieved, Drask and Daedra took to patiently waiting at their post. Seated atop what would be their transport for the upcoming days, the redhead took to passing the time to recheck all their supplies. Clothing, bedding, reasonable food rations (for the humans specifically), tent equipment; what she considered the most important of the items, even going to rearranging them as she had the ease of time now. All while they waited for the final members to join their party.

Daedra had told herself multiple times that her weyrmate would probably need a bit to settle himself. However, her own internal encouragement couldn't help keep the terrible thoughts away, that perhaps this would steadily fall apart. That something would come up or someone would speak and not permit him his leave. Not the end of the world, surely, but the disappointment would be a devastating blow, especially after all this effort. As the time ticked on, such a reality seemed more and more possible... that was, until Daedra and Drask saw the Junior Weyrleader appear.

Seeing his arrival, Daedra jumped from the cart in excitement, practically rushing over to greet him. "That doesn't matter at all," she happily assured him. "I did tell you to take as much time as you needed, so you'd feel comfortable to go. If that's the case, then it's all worth it! Now then, it's time to start your holiday! Come along then," the redhead urged, smiling as she took his wrist and tugged him invitingly to their own personal caravan.

Strangely enough, as all this went on, Drask suddenly seemed to look more grouchy than usual. As his handler made her way over, a collection of straps over her shoulder, the reason was apparent.

"Okay, Drask, time to strap in~"

The brown's face seemed to wrinkle more than usual in displeasure. As if it possible, he'd pull his head far back enough to just meld into the layers of skin of his neck. The wher used strapping in chores and for Threadfall, however, that never meant he liked them.

"Come on, now. You promised," she chided him with a mild frown. "-and the faster we get it over with, the faster you get to be at the coast~"

Drask still grumbled and scowled, but allowed himself to be suited up in his harnesses. Gnashing teeth and rumbly growls aplenty, one might assume the wher was on a rampage, but no gesture was ever directly focused on the redhead. She nonchalantly maneuvered up and all over him, looping a leather band here and there, pulling buckles tight as she got him attached securely between the tongues of the cart. It was only when the affair was done, did his 'tantrum' end.

"All right, that should do it," Daedra cheered in triumph, making her way back to the seating area. "Let's go, Drask! To the White Coast!"

Strapping annoyance aside, those word were more than enough to spur the brown to action. The cart lurched forward sharply as Drask gave a tug and began hauling with ease. Even as they moved from the smooth flooring on the Weyr, over the grasses and onto the pebbly road, nothing seemed to drag him back. With firm step and strong pace, off they went.

~~~~~

As expected, the journey took a number of hours, but the weather was pleasant and the roads easy to traverse. Drask kept silently to his work, moving at a modest pace most of the way. He was focused, a goal and a destination in mind. While he had his own ways to get there, they had no choice but to use the roads, occasionally requiring Xander to confirm the direction. No doubt that if the task was left to Daedra, they'd all end up on the Semacan Coast somehow...

The eventual hint of salt in the air made Drask pause. Lifting his head, the large wher gave a hearty sniff about, as if confirming his suspicions. With renewed vigor, he pulled along slightly faster, knowing they were so wonderfully close. He didn't need to question the roads now; he had his nose and instincts to guide him the rest of the way.

The sun was far passed it's high point, the day practically over as dusk was a short amount of hours away, but... they had finally arrived. Pulling over some sandy dunes, Drask halted the cart as the vast view of the coast stretched out before them. Daedra soon pulled herself to stand, taking in the serene view.

"Uwahhh~ We made it! How wonderful~"

However, they could not enjoy their holiday just yet. There was unpacking to be done and shelter to be set up. Though the first order of business...

"All right, Drask," she said, hopping off the cart and approaching the brown. As much as he tried to hide it, she could tell he was shifting restlessly.

"Fair is fair~ We'll get everything set up now, so you can go have a bit of fun," she offered, while undoing just enough straps for the wher to slip free.

Drask offered her what could almost be an excited expression, giving himself a good skin shake. He didn't need to be told more, before the large beast practically galloped down to the shoreline and crashed into the surf.

Drask did enjoy the ocean very much.
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 am

Though Xander had been prepared, he was not entirely ready for the journey. The long hours just admiring the countryside and the world beyond the Weyr was doing him good, he could feel it in his chest. A time away from the Weyr, to just be a person and not a Weyrleader, was going to recharge him in a way that he hadn't had a chance to in a long time. Maybe he could convince himself to do this more often, to give himself more of a break so he could just... enjoy himself.

Though he had little problem enjoying Daedra's presence, that was always something he could do without worry. Drask... well he was a little hit or miss with the wher.

The wagon finally came to a stop, and the large wher went charging into the surf. Xander was fairly sure the creature was going to drag up every fish and ocean beast he could, and eat it in the most disgusting way possible.

Xander moved to start setting up. A tent, a place for a fire, everything would need to be done, and it was work that he found far more enjoyable than sitting at a desk. "I'm glad I let you talk me into this, my dear." The comment was coupled with a smile. "I'm already feeling much better."
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Candidate

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:11 pm

Once the brown was freed and scurried off, Daedra turned her attention to helping Xander with the items in the cart. They worked in tandem, creating their own little pattern of moving items from the cart to where they would go along the beach, easily getting into a rhythm with one another.

Daedra couldn't help but notice an unusual feeling in her chest begin to bubble as they performed their arrival chores. A strange combination of nostalgia perhaps, as she helped set the bedding in the tent and arranged sea-drifted wood towards where their fires would be. Things she had done almost every day of her life for turns, but now touched with a new feel, as she did them with her weyrmate; the man she wished to spend all of her time with at High Reaches.

A happy feeling for sure, but strange in its newness and how the pieces fit together differently... A taste of the old ways, coated with the new.

Daedra didn't ponder long on it, as she stood from her task. The redhead smile in accomplishment, clapping the sand from her palms, she was pleased at the state of their cozy get-away camp. Xander seemed to feel similar, and she turned to him when he spoke.

Already she could see a pleasant change in the normally stern-faced man. His chest didn't seem as puffed out, ready to accept the hard blows of life to collide into him. His shoulders, while still broad and strong, had a pleasant slope to them now. Eased from the burden of constantly holding the weight of all the Weyr's problems. The man was smiling, one of her favorite sights in the world these days and a common enough one for her to experience, but there a certain softness to it now. His features no longer so tight, from all the stress of his paperwork and policies dragging at every corner of his mind. Daedra could still see lingering weariness in his eyes, but a long cart ride never helped that. A proper night of sleep would brighten the color of them by the morrow, she was sure of it!

Daedra found herself overcome by the collection of small improvements she already saw, and she rushed over to practically throw herself at him. "I'm so glad, Xander," the redhead giggled, beaming up at him as she wrapped her tiny arms about his waist. All the prior running and packing and waiting was completely worth it to see him like this.

"You deserve it, with all the work you've put in for everyone at the Weyr! Now this little vacation is all for you," she explained. "Whatever you wish to do- just name it! Anything you'd like - hiking, fishing, swimming--! Or, we can do absolutely nothing at all~"

Daedra didn't have preference anymore. She was too happily content to wish for anything more, atleast anything material. She was with Xander, Drask and the firelizards, and everyone seemed to be utterly enjoying themselves.

True to statement, far behind them on the beach, Drask was utterly enjoying himself! He scoured along in the surf, head dunked under the waves as he moved along, having only his comically teeny wings and back ridge peeking over the waves. Every so often, he would raise himself up for a breath, mouth and cheeks practically bursting with the wonderful things he'd found hidden in the reeds and sands. Once he got a snortful of air, back down he went, moving along as he vacuumed the coast. Each time he surfaces, his face was always full and chewing, but it always seemed to be something different. Briney seaweeds and crunchy shellfish, to floppy fin tails and long legged tentacles.

The brown wher was in utter bliss.
Fort
Canditate Kami
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux