Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Rumor] Eggs

Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm

[Rumor] Eggs

Can't Aldoeith rise any sooner? We're waiting on a clutch here!
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
N'eth of Green Azoth
Weyrling Alphinaud of Green Koth
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Journeyman Scribe Urianger
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
Aymeric of Garnet Thanatoth
Persephone of Green Amauroth
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Weyrling Datte of White Tarith
Candidate Mori
Candidate Zohtto
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
memerina
Wingsecond

Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:18 am

"What exactly is the holdup?!" Cedar was growing impatient. Aldoeith WAS supposed to be rising soon, was she not?! She had just graduated, and from his understanding, the candidate believed that golds were supposed to give their next batch of dragons as soon as they possibly could. After all, they were responsible for providing the Weyr with important dragons, like bronzes. "If she is going to have the audacity to leave the Weyr, then maybe she should get a move on with this clutch. What are we to do, wallow in the possibility that she may never rise, and leave the Weyr, to leave us with... only garnets and greens to clutch?!"

The candidate's face gave a purely sour expression. He did NOT want to entertain the thought that the Weyr may be left without a gold, without a dragon capable of clutching further metallics. After all, his bronze was still waiting for him. Or so he believed.
Seirye
Weyrfolk

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:04 pm

Civen's nose wrinkled at Cedar's outburst. He thought about saying nothing, hand stroking Jassi's golden back as the other candidate spoke, but it was bothering him the way he went on. How could someone be so...particular? Dragons were dragons, and it shouldn't matter the color or what color their mother was. What was so special about golds anyway?

"She's young," he put in after a pause meant to give himself a chance to cool down a little. "Maybe she's not ready yet. Are you proposing a near-child throw herself into that kind of thing before she's ready?" He didn't care who the gold was, who her rider was, any of that. He just didn't like it when people had that "golds are the best dragons" mentality. "And even if we do see more garnet and green clutches, why the fuss? Every dragon matters when it comes to Threadfall..."
High Reaches Weyr
Candidate Civen
Fort Weyr
Tylorl of Bronze Tylosk
Weyrling Sindre of Garnet Solaith
Kaeli of White Ikoth
Semaca Weyr

Plotter/Tracker
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 am

Kinkajou looked equally annoyed with Cedar, glancing between him Civen before sighing and making a show of dragging her hands down her face.

"She's going to leave us her first clutch. That's... the rules, right? The agreement the council and Toki came to. So I don't think they would let her just... leave. Even if she did, Benden would be obligated to give us her first clutch right?" Then again... they didn't exactly have a good track record of being in anyone's good graces. Weren't they changing, though? She shook her head, propping her head up.

"...but... Cedar is right to be worried about garnets and greens being the only dragons clutching... We saw what it did, right? High Reaches has some huge holes in their wings, and it made Threadfall devastating, s-so...! I'm not... saying golds matter more... But we can't keep asking other weyrs for donated clutches, right...? They'll get tired of it sooner or later, and then what do we do?"
Tyto
Wingleader

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Candidate Amelie

Amelie clutched her hands to her chest as the others argued noisily, frowning gently. What a bother! "Aldoeith will rise when it is her time and not a moment sooner," she scolded, looking pointedly at Cedar. She didn't raise her voice much, but it was hopefully enough to be heard more than her usual quiet self. "Pushing and complaining will do nothing for anyone." She shook her head.

"Garnets and greens clutching is hardly a problem, I think. All dragons are good dragons, regardless of colour."
memerina
Wingsecond

Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:38 pm

"She is old enough. Queens rise when they are ready. And she should be ready." Cedar would be lying if he said he wasn't a little bit impatient. Aldoeith could give him his dragon, his potential ruler. He scrunched his face up at the other candidates, clearly unimpressed with what they were saying. "This one is the most correct out of all of you." He thumbed at Kinkajou, nodding, somewhat. "Garnets and greens produce pitiful amounts of eggs. And most of their produce is thread-fodder, anyway. They will be dying at a faster rate than they will be born." He shrugged. He didn't want to explicitly say that he saw greens and blues as lesser, but... he saw greens and blues as lesser.

"Aldoeith's batch will provide browns and bronzes, perhaps another queen. And only the worthy will be chosen to ride one of them." Such as myself, he wanted to say. He genuinely believed that there was a strong, hard-working metallic waiting for him in Aldoeith's clutch. Completely ignoring that whatever chose him, chose him. And there was a higher chance of it being something small. He didn't want to think about that.
Grayson
Weyrfolk

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:39 am

"Thread-fodder? Are you serious?" Danithor, it seemed, wasn't exactly approving of Cedar's attitude. "Thread would ruin the bronzes and browns if the smaller dragons weren't there to cut through swathes of it first. And this is High Reaches, they're not shy about not having golds and bronzes in charge. Haven't you realised that yet, or is your head still stuck back in Igen?"

The older Candidate stretched out his legs, and crossed one ankle over the other. "It takes as long as it takes. And in the meantime... we wait. A lot." And we sew fleece-lined boots together, apparently. Danithor's old set were looking past their best, and it seemed he was dealing with that himself, at least in part, with the awl in his lap and two needles in his hands.
Fort: Wherhandler Logan of brown Logask, Candidate Cordelina

High Reaches: Candidate Danithor

Semaca: C'fyn of blue Sarutoth, Vintner Master Manston, Candidate Raymesin
Seirye
Weyrfolk

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:47 pm

"They're still dragons," Civen muttered almost sullenly, glancing at Kinkajou. "I realize it can be problematic if they don't produce anything bigger or whatever, but-" He cut himself off, waving his free hand to avoid irritating his firelizard. There was no point in continuing. He knew someone like Cedar wouldn't have their mind changed.

He resettled a little where he was, making a visible effort not to react strongly to Cedar's follow-up. It wasn't working. "Thread-fodder," he echoed Cedar and Danithor, glad for the other's presence. It gave him a chance to wrap his temper up and stuff it in some deep, dark hole. It wouldn't do any good to go exploding here.

"Maybe we should try feeding you to Thread and see how it goes." This comment he aimed at Cedar, expression unimpressed. "Let me guess, you think you're going to go and Impress something big and strong and powerful? One of those browns or bronzes? Hope I don't get stuck in your wing after graduation."
High Reaches Weyr
Candidate Civen
Fort Weyr
Tylorl of Bronze Tylosk
Weyrling Sindre of Garnet Solaith
Kaeli of White Ikoth
Semaca Weyr

Plotter/Tracker
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:46 pm

"Wha- Thread-fodder?!" Kinkajou squawked, visibly angry as she jumped to her feet. "Don't ever talk about dragons like that! I'd like to see the look on some of the council's faces if you said that in front of them! Don't give me your approval, I don't want it, Cedar!"

She sounded downright venomous, forcing herself to sit back down. Firefly blipped into existence, crawling into her arms. She muttered something that sounded like 'forsking thread-fodder' under her breath, looking to Civen.

"That's not what I meant. Garnets and greens only produce a few eggs each, unless we get lucky and get six. Golds regularly produce twelve, thirteen, and more. High Reaches already has a problem with thin wings, so... to get the numbers back up, we would really be relying on a gold clutch." She shrugged a bit, scratching Firefly's eye ridges.

"We already got to the point where we needed other weyrs to donate clutches to us. With Aldoeith's, that'll be... three, I think? For now I think we'll be okay, but if it ever gets that bad again... we would really need a gold here."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux