Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Questions and Futures [Gen]

Ignys
Weyrleader

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:06 am

"...you're a good friend, Sylvain. I know you worry about him. Well- both of us. I worry about him too. At least, of the three of us, you seem to have a somewhat sensible head on your shoulders." Felix doubted himself, sometimes. Maybe he was a little too rough around the edges, too gruff, to stubborn and driven by a desire for strength.

He found himself huffing an embarrassed grumble, burying his face in his pillow to suffer quietly through it.

"I'm not good at this."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:14 pm

A soft chuckle rumbled out from deep in his chest. Sylvain smiled to himself, and the soft creak of his cot was the only alert to his movement. Then, a weight settled down beside Felix, just on the very edge of his cot. A light hand settled on his shoulder, giving a gentle squeeze. "Thank you, Felix." He knew things like this were difficult for him, letting himself be soft or vulnerable, and he appreciated the effort. "You've pulled my backside out of the fire plenty of times, you know." He and Dimitri both, really.

A part of him wanted to stroke Felix's hair, but he wasn't going to go invading his space more than he already had. Instead, he let his hands settle on either side of his legs. "That's okay. You're you, and that's best."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:59 pm

He blinked, lifting his head up to look at Sylvain in the dim light of their room. He scoffed, grumbling softly and pushing himself up. He swung his legs over the side of the cot, sitting next to Sylvain quietly for a moment.

"Well, someone has to look out for you, right? But don't you dare tell anyone I do. I have a- er.... well. I guess I don't really have much of a reputation here but still! That's not something you go around telling every person that catches your fancy, got it?"
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Despite the seriousness of the moment, Sylvain couldn't stop the smile on his face. At least he kept his amused chuckle to himself. Felix tried hard to be seen as cold and unfeeling, but he cared just as deeply as anyone. He was a tough nut to crack. Leaning, he gently bumped his shoulder against the other's. "Don't worry, Felix. Your secret is safe with me. Gotta keep up the tough-guy thing you've been working on here, right?"
Ignys
Weyrleader

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:04 am

"Ugh, it's not an act. You're just as bad as Dimitri!" He rubbed his eyes, sighing. "I am not... soft. Calling me soft would be a lie. And I don't want anyone thinking that. Least of all strangers." He turned, pointing an accusatory finger at Sylvain. "So you keep that to yourself. You AND Dimitri. And I'm gonna tell him next time I see him!"

And make empty threats, if he had to. He wasn't above doing that.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am

Sylvain's smile dropped a bit as Felix immediately became defensive for his little jibe. Gently, he took hold of the hand pointing that accusing digit at him, lowering it back down. "I won't tell anyone, Felix." Sincerity was evident in his soft voice, and he did his best to meet his eyes as he said them. "I know you want to be strong all the time, but it's okay if you're not. I'm... happy you're willing to let your guard down a little around me, and I'm not going to break your trust by running off and telling everyone. I might be an ass with a terrible track record, but I'm not going to betray someone as close to me as you." He paused, and then added, maybe a little too hastily as he glanced away, "Or Dimitri. You know? You guys are my best friends."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 am

He stared at him for a moment, before exhaling heavily through his nose. He wiped a hand over his face, sighing and pushing stray hairs back behind his ears. He could still feel the telltale burn of a blush. He just hoped it wasn't deep enough to be noticed easily in the low light.

"...I know. I should... I should give you both more credit. I guess I'm too used to being... secretive. Protective of my..." He trailed off, scrunching his nose up as he looked for the words. "...what I would consider my shortcomings. Ah- don't-! Don't lecture me about it. I know they aren't... necessarily a weakness. I get that... but it makes me feel vulnerable. And I hate it."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:03 pm

A hand came to rest on Felix's shoulder. If Sylvain noticed the redness on his face, he kept it to himself. After all, he was trying to put him at ease, not point things out when he was feeling particularly exposed. Instead, he continued to offer him a reassuring smile. "I get that, definitely." He could relate, for sure. He had his own problems, his own fears and weaknesses. Everyone did. "It's okay." Sylvain let his hand fall back to his lap, instead bumping his shoulder up against Felix's again. "I wouldn't ask you to do anything you're uncomfortable with, or to change. Just remember that I'm here for you. I won't tell anyone anything you're not okay with. And that it's okay to relax, even if it's only when we're alone like this." A pause before he added, this time more naturally, "I'm sure Dimitri feels the same way."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:47 pm

He hesitated a moment, before he rested his hand shyly on top of Sylvain's. He didn't say anything for several moments, twining their fingers together as best he could.

"Thank you. I appreciate it, really... I appreciate you and Dimitri both. Even if it feels like I babysit you both sometimes. I don't mind... You're both capable, as much as I give you both shit for it." He chuckled softly, sighing and tilting his head back. "Just don't make me babysit you and whatever you impress, dragon or wher." He shoulder checked him back, playfully.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:51 am

Now it was Sylvain's turn to flush a little, his eyes falling to where Felix had settled his hand. After a moment, he spread his fingers a little, letting them intertwine more easily as he bit hard on his tongue. He knew if he said anything now he'd probably completely ruin the moment by saying something stupid to try and deflect. He really didn't want to do that for once.

"No promises," he managed, by some miracle sounding playful and not strained even though he felt like he'd practically bitten his tongue in half. This time, he just leaned lightly up against him. "You've completely spoiled me for too long."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:29 pm

"Faranth knows I regret it." He shot back, but didn't seem interested in moving his hand. "You're worse than the little brother I don't have. Honestly..." He sighed a bit, glancing at Sylvain quietly. This made him miss his brother, if only a little.

"I'm just glad to have you and Dimitri here. I was ready to be alone for... er... longer than I was. But I don't need to be now."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:50 pm

Sensing the tread into sensitive territory, Sylvain gently squeezed Felix's hand in his. He wasn't sure if he was trying to be reassuring or just supportive. The thought of Felix being alone down here had bothered him, but he hadn't wanted to leave Dimitri behind by himself, either. He was definitely the more... unstable, of the two, but now he could only wonder if Felix had been lonely. Or maybe had thought that Dimitri mattered more to him somehow. "Felix..." he started, only to drift off into silence instead.

"...You're right. You don't have to be alone now." As soon as the words left his lips, he wanted to punch himself in the face. Although he hadn't taken on a playful tone, Felix might think he was just teasing him. Trying to deflect, he quickly rushed out, "W-we should probably. Get some sleep. Early morning as usual, right?" But he didn't move just yet, his legs not listening to him.
Ignys
Weyrleader

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:33 am

"If that's guilt, cut it out. I left on my own terms. I knew I wouldn't know anyone here. So its not on you or Dimitri for staying behind. Besides, you're here now. That's what matters."

The stutter made him raise an eyebrow a little. Sylvain was usually well spoken. Was he nervous? The topic was, well... not the happiest thing they could be talking about in the late hours of the night, but he didn't think it would make Sylvain uncomfortable at all.

"Right. Early morning, no nonsense." He groaned, stretching his arms over his head. "...If you need to talk about it, I'll listen, you know. But I won't push you to."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:06 am

That wasn't what he was going to say, but it was enough of an out for him to take and run with it. "Nah, you're right. I did say you know me well, didn't I?" He hummed, "We're here now."

Imitating Felix, however unintentionally, he stretched his arms out over his head, several joints popping as he did. Instead of getting up, however, he instead leaned heavily over, gently flopping his weight onto Felix in an attempt to playfully push him over onto the cot. "Ahh, that was a good stretch, but I don't think I can move anymore. I guess I'll just have to sleep right here tonight."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:46 am

"Guh-! You little-!!" He shoved, not to get the other off his cot but to get him off from on top of him. He sat up, glaring down at him for a moment before giving a defeated sigh and flopping down next to Sylvain. "You're horrible. I don't know why I put up with you. Absolutely awful."

There was no heat in his voice, though. If anything, he sounded a little fond. He shifted a little to get comfortable.

"If you move in your sleep I'm kicking your ass onto the floor, got it?"
Previous
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux