Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Making Good on That Offer [Fel]

Ignys
Peacekeeper

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:28 am

Making Good on That Offer [Fel]

The recent events at Semaca were more difficult to wrap her head around than she had anticipated. Part of her hadn't expected to make many meaningful connections there, and not with her fellow candidates of all things. In hindsight, that was an incredibly foolish thing to think. Glory had friends now, two of which had impressed at the same hatching. She didn't want to think about how Viiox's side of the room was empty now, until she was assigned another roommate.

If she was assigned one, that is. And even then, there was no guarantee they would mesh well at all. Hell, getting along with Viiox had been a surprise in itself.

She wasn't allowed to stew in her own thoughts for too long, though. There was a knock at her door, which startled her out of ruminating. She walked to open it, hesitating at the last second. The only person she could think of who would come visit her now was...

"Yes?" She asked, swinging the door open slowly. No need to embarrass herself if she was wrong...
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 am

It had been a long night, and then a long day. There had been a lot of Healer poking and prodding at Kagurath after her less than impressive hatching, though eventually they'd declared her physically sound—as though Soon hadn't already known that. And then there had been the necessity of feedings, and oiling, and several naps for the newly-hatched brown.

She followed sleepily after him as he carried two mugs of hot chocolate back to the Candidate quarters. He knew that he could have insisted that she stay behind and sleep, and she knew she could have asked to, but neither was particularly eager to part just then. He was surprised when the door opened so quickly after he knocked.

"Can we come in? I brought cocoa."
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:20 pm

"Ah, Soon! Actually, I figured it must be you. There's only two people that would be visiting me right now." She pushed the door open more, holding it for them. "I didn't forget what you said about your tradition. Though, honestly, I thought you might not come since you impressed. If you hadn't, I suppose I would have hunted you down myself."

If only to check up on him she told herself, but really... it would have been nice either way. Maybe it was a little sweeter that Soon had come to her, that he hadn't let impressing ruin that tradition for him.

"...her name was Kagurath, right?"
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:40 pm

"Only two?" Soon asked, heading inside with Kagurath on his heels. It was somehow sad, that there weren't more people who might want to visit. Shouldn't she have had more friends among the Candidates? Or even outside of them. It seemed like a lonely existence, especially since he hadn't really spoken to her much before the Hatching.

"I promised I'd come, didn't I? I could hardly break that promise just because I Impressed. To do so would be wholly unconscionable! I would have come sooner, but there was quite a lot that needed to be taken care of. Ordinarily I do this just after the Hatching, but... that wasn't really an option this time."

Kagurath sat back on her haunches a bit, looking up at Glory. Yes, my name is Kagurath. It is very nice to meet you. I apologize that I caused a delay.
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:08 pm

"You, my former roommate Viiox..." Uh... "That- heh... that sounds pretty bad doesn't it? I have my brother I suppose, Jambu. We exchange letters, but he's not here with me." She shrugged a bit. "I just. Uh... I don't talk to many people. Either they get on my nerves or I get on theirs. Finding the ones that don't is... not the easiest thing."

She waved off his concern, turning her attention to Kagurath. The apology came as a surprise, but Glory just chuckled a bit and shook her head.

"No apology needed. From what Soon told me, I'm just glad he found a partner like you." She'd been worried there for a minute. But the brown seemed like she was perfect for Soon. All's well that ends well, right?
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:11 pm

"I understand what you mean about brothers. Though I'll admit I only regularly correspond with one of mine. I find it difficult to maintain much of a relationship with the other. He is, perhaps, a bit too skilled at getting on my nerves as well..."

That was putting it lightly. E'lain was vapid and selfish, and Soon felt that his letters reflected that completely. Had he not been family, he was certain he would have hated the man... but how could he ever possibly hate his own brother?

What he told you? Kagurath asked curiously as Soon finally handed over one of the cups of cocoa.
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:56 pm

"I don't think there's any shame in that. Sometimes the family you have is... well, worse than not having one at all. I gave up trying to contact my parents a long time ago. My family is all found, even if Jambu is a lot to handle sometimes."

She accepted the cup, humming at the pleasant warmth that seeped through it and into her hands. Glory took a sip, looking at Kagurath.

"Oh, well... we didn't get to speak much but when you impressed to him, he looked very happy. Sounded very happy. I think that speaks volumes about you, Kagurath."
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:42 pm

"Oh, it's nothing like that. I love my family—even the brother who's trouble. It's just only my other brother and my father that I really write to often. With E'lain it's a duty, but with the other two it's a real joy." Soon smiled. He'd already written to both of them to gush about Kagurath, which was certainly easy to do. The brown was everything he could possibly have hoped for and much, much more.

Kagurath shuffled her wings slightly, and would likely have been smiling sheepishly if she had a mouth shaped for it. Oh. Did he? And does it?
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 pm

"Ah, well..." She fumbled over her words a bit, sipping at her cocoa to hopefully hide it. "It's good to hear that it's just him. It'd be a real shame if you didn't have anyone to write to that you enjoyed."

Faranth, Kagurath was adorably shy. She couldn't help the fond little smile that snuck onto her face, one which she tried to hide with her cup.

"Heh, he was crying, wasn't he? The good kind though, the happy kind. I think that has to be the pinnacle of happiness right there, when you're so overwhelmed you can't help but cry." She gave Soon a playful look. "I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous of you. Kagurath is a sweetheart."
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:35 pm

"I suppose it would be a shame, yes. Everyone should have someone whose company they enjoy. Better still if they have multiple someones. Having only one or two friends sounds like quite a lonely existence." Soon couldn't imagine not at least attempting to befriend, well, just about anyone he came across. Everyone had their merits, after all! Even E'lain. He was fairly sure.

Oh. Of course. He was, was he not?

Soon looked momentarily embarrassed--both by the mention of his crying and by her jealousy. "I can't say I blame you. Kagurath really is... wonderful. But I'm sure there's an equally wonderful dragon out there for you. Somewhere. Someday."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux