Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Eternal Summer Cleaning [OPEN]

nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 am
  • Link

Hm. They'd gone quiet and inscrutable again. Scara wasn't quite sure what to make of that, honestly. If they had been here longer, she would've assumed that they were anxious about aging out, but they hadn't even been here for one hatching, so she couldn't begin to guess at their emotions. They were also just a naturally quiet person, so maybe it wasn't anything and they had just hit their limit for talking.

Once Quentin was kneeling with the dustpan, Scara quickly finished picking out the larger items she thought were worth keeping and swept the rest into the dustpan. "Well," Scara said, stretching , looking pleased. "We got that dealt with pretty quickly, huh? I really do appreciate it." She looked at the piles of things she needed to return to her former roommate, adding it to the list of tasks she still had to take care of in her mind. "If there's anything I can do to repay the favor, either now or in the future, please let me know," she added.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm
  • Link

Quentin rose and took the dustpan over to the bin. As they dumped the contents, they kept thinking about if they would be a good rider. They were confident they could care for a dragon, and they weren't afraid of flying or Thread, but they couldn't shake the dread in their stomach that there was a lot more to being a rider than that. It was everything beyond those basic concepts that caused Quentin to fret over their qualifications.

At Scara's comments, they glanced around the room. It had been a quick job to get it cleaned up. With a grunt, they moved the second bed back to its spot alongside the wall. "It was no trouble at all," they assured Scara. Moving beds and dusting high shelves was easy. If that's all it took to be a rider, they wouldn't have a care in the world.

Unfortunately, life was not so simple. Quentin nodded at Scara and signed I will let you know if I need anything. I should get back to the dusting outside. They turned to leave, now fretting over all the doubts and guilt that had been drudged up over the course of the conversation. It was going to be a long day.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux