Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[CANDIDATES] Doomed Outing

Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:52 pm
  • Link

[CANDIDATES] Doomed Outing

Did you hear the rumor that Naxen is considering planning a camping trip? After what happened at Fort. On the southern continent. With the spotties. Someone needs to talk her out of it- and quickly. I'm too young to die!
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:44 pm
  • Link

Candidate Hamuntep

"If you are afraid of death, I'm afraid you're in the wrong profession. Certainly on the wrong continent," Hamun said, casting a critical eye over the rest of the candidates in the room. "Dragonriders are meant to risk life and limb every time thread falls. And simply by being here, we are all constantly at risk of spotties. The walls are not enough to keep them out if they are truly determined to enter. They have shown that often enough. Safety is an illusion we all choose to buy into because it suits us, but that is all it is; an illusion." He wasn't terribly bothered by the idea of dying to the spotties. If he took at least one down with him, that'd be enough to be remembered for turns to come, after all.

Still, it would be better if he could impress a dragon, live long enough to make a name for himself and actually enjoy the glory that would come with it. But he wasn't about to say no to a camping trip simply because he would rather live. "Surely I cannot be the only one who does not fear a camping trip, with the watchful eye of Naxen on us all."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:47 am
  • Link

Candidate Phelps - Hamuntep

Phelps scoffed at his former shipmate. "Yeah, riders are supposed to risk themselves when it's to protect the rest of Pern, but we're a bunch of unarmed candidates who don't have dragons or whers to protect us. Semaca will frost over before you get me out in that jungle without proper protection." He leaned back in his chair, propping his feet up on the table in front of him. He wanted to explore the jungle, sure, but he also didn't have the death wish that Hamuntep seemed to.

"I think seeing what the candidates at Fort went though, Naxen would be more thoughtful and not put us in a situation like that. I heard one of them died. I'm not kicking it before I've even had a chance at the sands."

Candidate Brabbop

Brabbop wasn't a coward, and he was eager to prove himself. If that meant camping in the woods, that was fine by him. Besides, camping sounded like a lot less work than all the drudge chores and homework that filled his days. "Yeah, get me out dere! I ain't scared of a bunch of oversized cats."

He had heard plenty of stories about the spotties since transferring to Semaca, but hadn't seen one for himself yet. He didn't understand why everyone was so afraid of them when they not only had the protection of the weyr, but also of the dragons and whers. It seemed to him like typical older folks blowing things out of proportion to try and scare those younger than them into obeying their directions. Brabbop didn't care to be told scary stories as if he were a child to get him to behave.

"I'll pack my bag right now. Let me at 'em!"
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:25 pm
  • Link

Candidate Hamuntep - Phelps, Brabbop

Hamun turned and gave Phelps a dark look. "Mazurka is hardly out there risking their lives 'for the good of Pern' when they explore the summerlands," he told Phelps condescendingly. "They are risking their lives to sate human curiosity at best. Many of the other squads of Semaca similarly risk life and limb, and at most it is for the good of Semaca, but hardly all of Pern. And you and I have weathered storms which would turn some of those people's hair white. We will be fine, if we do not allow ourselves to be overcome by fear," he added with a sneer.

"You've had a chance on the sands, as I recall," Hamuntep pointed out. "It was one egg, but that does not mean that you were not given sufficient chance."

He turned to Brabbop at the man's enthusiasm, raising a wry eyebrow. "You know where the gates to the Weyr are," he pointed out. "If you are truly so eager to fight the spotties, you can simply walk out and do so." It wasn't that simple, and Hamun knew it, but foolishness or else false bravado (he wasn't sure which quality Brappop was displaying just then) were not qualities that served his purposes, and it might be funny to see the result of goading Brappop on.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Windra
Wingrider

Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:23 pm
  • Link

Candidate Petraxen

"Man it's not like they knew there were dangers out there when they went camping. Give me a break!" groaned Petraxen. He stroked Honeysuckle's small cranium as she slept soundly in his lap, trilling in her dreams with little puffs that made her draconic lips ripple. Freaking adorable. "They didn't know there was a pack of whers out there. I mean, yeah, Golden Ghost or whatever but lot of people thought she was a goodie."

He waved his free hand to the rock wall behind them, metaphorically signaling towards the jungle expanse that lay well beyond their current domain.

"Most of us came down here knowin' full well what dangers we're facing. And new stuff is cropping up all the time! Didn't you hear 'bout that squid they found by Lominsa? Mo - Naxen - wouldn't put us willingly in danger if she didn't have a really good plan on how to go about it. So we'd go with some protection. Maybe watchdragons, or whers. Definitely weapons."

Yeah, Naxen would absolutely not put her own children at risk for a publicity stunt.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:42 am
  • Link

Candidate Phelps - Hamuntep, Petraxen

Phelps returned Hamuntep's sneer with a scowl of his own. "One egg for a whole class of candidates is hardly a fair chance. Besides, that egg didn't even pick any of us, it went for the stands," he grumbled. He didn't need to be reminded of the marks he had lost betting that the egg would be his, and was still annoyed whenever the solitary hatching was brought up.

"It's not fear, it's survival instinct, you dolt. Some of us don't suffer from perpetual delusions of grandeur. I'm not afraid to go out there, I'm just saying that I refuse to without proper preparation and means to protect myself." He was gesturing emphatically, raising his voice with frustration as he spoke. "Would you take a vessel without sails or rigging into a storm on the open sea? No, because that's a great way to get yourself killed."

He turned to the other candidate to give them some of his ire too. "The Fort candidates might not have known about the dangers of their woods, but we're well aware of the dangers of our jungles. Naxen is nothing more than a fool if she thinks taking us out there to be spotty bait is a good idea. Those things can take down whole dragons, from what I hear."
________________________________________________________________p

Candidate Brabbop - Hamuntep

"You think dey'd let me walk out just like dat?" Brabbop asked Hamuntep eagerly. Going out and fighting a spotty sounded much more interesting than sitting around blowing a bunch of hot air in each other's faces. It was much better than doing chores too.

He stood up, grinning broadly. "Who else is gonna come with me? I'm not scared of the jungle like some people." He looked pointedly at Phelps as he spoke.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux