Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

There's Always One [Open/Candidates]

memerina
Candidate

Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:35 pm

There's Always One [Open/Candidates]

Qanthrin sat at a table in the ever-busy Dining Den, in between candidate lessons; a lot of other candidates were here, too, and there was something more pressing to her, right now, than the plate of food in front of her. She could have fun with this, right now. She could be absolutely reckless. She wasn't about to start a physical fight, and she wasn't about to start rumours. Perhaps, however, a little shard-stirring was in order. Maybe a little bit of gentle debate, even if it could possibly end not so gentle.

"Y'know..." She took a mouthful of food, after speaking fairly loudly, not addressing any one person in particular, waiting until she'd finished chewing before continuing. "Every hatching I've been to, there's always one guy who gets a dragon they forsking hate. And y'know what? It's usually the guy who's always yelling about wanting a gold." She smirked, leaning back comfortably. "So who's taking one for the team, this time, then?"
Tyto
Weyrling

Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:03 pm

Aldar, a new transfer from Fort for the upcoming clutch, looked up from his sketch of a firelizard that had taken perch on one of the tables nearby. It had been sitting there for a few minutes, eating some scraps that were being tossed to it. Just long enough for him to get a shape down and start putting some detail around the bulk of its body. Setting his charcoal stick down, he glanced at some of the other Candidates, wondering if anyone else might be goaded into taking the obvious bait.

He himself, he'd be happy with anything. The idea of a green, white, or blue suited him just fine. But, this was his first Hatching, so he didn't exactly have the experience that the other appeared to have. It wasn't as if he had any ability to argue their claims. Admittedly, he was rather curious--if only for the personal knowledge that he would like to see how often such a situation was actually played out.
Kimikelo
Wingrider

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:23 pm

"I have a hard time imagining a dragon I would hate, to be honest, lest it was abusive or something. Color and size have little and less importance to me. So far it sounds like you're the one volunteering.. darling," Merridell said with a smile, propping her chin up on the back of her hand.

Her other hand idly stirred a cup of klah, the only other thing in front of her besides the tiny garnet flit, who was staring at the spinning utensil like a feline with a shiny light. She'd already eaten some earlier, and was mostly lingering for the conversation now.
memerina
Candidate

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:20 am

Qanthrin was able to clock Aldar, first - he kept quiet for a reason, she thought. Smirking to the side as Merridell opened her mouth, next. "I have no clue what you're talking about, darling. She placed an obnoxious emphasis on that last word. "I'd never hate a dragon. I love dragons! Unless they're a total dickhead. Then I might have to have some firm words with 'em." She took a long sip of the klah that'd been sitting on her table, stewing, not breaking eye contact with Merridell.

"Don't tell me you've never seen someone act like their life got absolutely bloody decimated 'cus they impressed a colour they didn't want. It happens every time."
Tyto
Weyrling

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:17 pm

Aldar looked from one girl to the other, unsure as to whether they were posturing or being hostile. "Does that really happen?" he asked after a few moments. He couldn't really imagine someone being upset with Impressing. It wasn't like anyone had a choice in what their bonded was. Well, then again, maybe whoever it was just didn't understand the full implication of Impression. Unless maybe they didn't want to Impress? But then why would they be a Candidate?

Granted, he could admit to being somewhat leery of Impressing to a metallic himself, but it wasn't as if he'd try rejecting it or make a scene and embarrass himself.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux