Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Mazurkas in Recovery [Fel]

ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Mazurkas in Recovery [Fel]

"Ow.. owowowowowowow..." Ercilia hissed a bit as there was a sudden throb of pain where the bite was. She had just adjusted on the bed she was resting on until she wasn't in complete pain as she walked.

'Ercilia still hurt! Ercilia rest!' The wherhandler snorted a bit. Even with Ercilisk not being near her, the wher was always in her mind. She nodded a bit.

'I will, you big lump. Just.. make sure Damario doesn't try to enter my room. He'll want me to stay in even longer than I'll have to be.' The wher seemed to make an affirming noise before Ercilia looked at Fitzen.

"How long do you think you'll be on bedrest until your leg recovers?"
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 pm

Fitz rolled over with a grimace. The Healers had done an admirable job of splinting his leg, he was sure, but that didn't change the fact that any sort of movement still hurt.

"Am I supposed to give you the correct, diplomatic answer the Healers would want me to give, or the truth?" he asked. Despite their time in the same squad, he didn't really know her that well. Or much anyone else in Mazurka other than, oddly, Rigel.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:51 am

"The truth." Ercilia snorted a bit. She really didn't want to believe what the healers said. She wanted to get out and moving as soon as possible, but due to the pain coming from the bite, she had no idea how long she would be incapacitated. There was a flit sleeping beside her, the black and white hide nestled close to their owner.
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:03 am

"As soon as I'm physically capable of dragging myself out of here, then. I have a runner who hates everyone, myself included, and I doubt anyone else relishes having to feed and groom her, let alone trying to turn her out into the paddock. Or stable her afterward..."

He suspected Ghys was taking care of Disinterest while he was laid up. He'd have to find a way to repay her later.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Ercilia snorted and nodded, "My thoughts exactly. I plan on leaving as soon as I'm able to. I'm already likely going to have to miss that upcoming hatching." She gave an annoyed huff before looking at the other, "I'm lucky Ercilisk just gets too excited to sit still at times. If I had trouble taking care of her, I'd consider becoming a one wher handler."
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:28 pm

"There are no wher hatchings soon, though." Fitz really didn't want to talk about dragons. Not then and not ever. Bad enough being surrounded by them, but that didn't mean he had to do anything more than acknowledge their presence and otherwise try to ignore most of them.

"And what do you mean, becoming? You are a one wher handler. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm happy with just Fitsk, I have no intention of considering a second."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:37 pm

She chuckled a bit, "I never said it was bad. Honestly, being a wherhandler, no matter how many whers you have, is a great honor." Sure, some people who were wherhandlers just aged out and could only impress whers. However, she personally enjoyed being a wherhandler.

She couldn't even imagine she would be good with flying.
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:56 pm

"You implied it was less desirable. You said you'd consider becoming one if Ercilisk proved too much to handle." Though Fitz was fairly certain that any handler who had trouble taking care of even one wher should give that wher up. Every wher deserved better than... that.

"I'm not sure it's really an honor, either. It's not not one, it just is what it is."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:16 am

Honestly, Ercilia would have agreed with the other if they had spoken about it. The garnet handler firmly believed that, if someone was unable to handle a wher, they needed to get them reimpressed to someone who COULD handle a wher. That was why she was worried a lot for her brother. She wasn't SURE if Damario would be able to handle a wher. After all, the early years could be quite a handful for a young weyrling.

"To each their own." She chuckled a bit before letting out a groan of pain, "Son of a.. that one stung even worse."
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:28 pm

"No, whether something isn't an honor or not isn't a matter of 'to each their own'," Fitz replied testily. Being in pain had clearly not improved his temper--and he didn't really have a great temper to start with. "Either it is one or it isn't--and in the case of whers, it isn't. I wouldn't ever give up Fitsk, she's everything, but that doesn't change the fact that people don't revere wherhandlers. We're just... a necessary part of life."

He shook his head at her groan. "Maybe if you didn't move your leg when you laugh..."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:32 pm

"Yeah, that's fair.." She sighed a bit, rubbing her leg. She wouldn't give up Ercilisk either. The garnet wher was a bubbly pool of sunshine compared to her handler and Ercilia really liked how they got along. Ercilisk also seemed to get along with her brother, even if the twins were complete opposites at days.

"But, yeah, dad, I'll stop moving my leg when I laugh." She stuck her tongue out at him playfully before snorting, "That was terrible, I'm sorry."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux