Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Adaptability [Fel]

Fel
Thread Conqueror

Thu May 30, 2024 1:35 pm
  • Link

"Calling Eraelth 'big' is definitely... a choice," Kaladin said wryly. Though he supposed that compared to a human, all dragons were enormous, even the smallest whites and greens. And she was at least bigger than Cravellath. A little bit bigger. Though small dragons were preferable anyway; he'd found that with a larger dragon came a significantly larger ego, and who could possibly want that? Other than a substantial number of Candidates...

"I guess it helped that it was only the two of us though. And we never really fought much. He wasn't the fighting type." Unlike Kaladin himself, who'd always dreamed of it in one form or another, and had been--still was--rather argumentative to boot. "It was just... impossible to get mad at him. Or at least impossible to stay mad at him. Or around him in general."
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:11 pm
  • Link

F'lin laughed. "Well, compared to other dragons, sure, Eraelth isn't that big," he admitted. "But compared to me she's huge!" It was all relative. Calling her 'Sunshine' when she was a grumpy, sarcastic dragon by nature was also very much a choice, honestly, but F'lin hadn't been able to help himself with that one. It made him giggle, and besides, she was sunshine as far as he was concerned. Even if she wasn't for anybody else.

"I think I kind of know what you mean," F'lin said. "I had a big family, but all of my siblings went off to become crafters, so eventually it was just me and my parents, and I feel like we got closer when there weren't all my other siblings around. Not that I don't love them, of course, but it's easier to bond when there's fewer people around." F'lin gave Kaladin a warm smile. "He sounds like a pretty calming person. Do you miss him much? I know we've been really busy with...well, everything, and it's easy not to miss people when your day is taken up with so many other things. It's kinda just what happens"
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:19 pm
  • Link

"I guess but so are trees and I don't usually call saplings huge even if they are taller than me," Kaladin said, cracking a faint smile. Cravellath would probably love to be called huge though. Her drive and determination certainly warranted the word. She was the perfect dragon.

The smile faded at the inadvertent use of the present tense for Tien though. Not that F'lin had any way of knowing. He didn't talk about his brother much. Easier to avoid people trying to express useless sympathy if he never said anything.

"He was," Kaladin said with a slight nod. "Always trying to cheer up anyone who seemed like they needed it. Especially me. I've... never stopped missing him."
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:43 pm
  • Link

"Well the difference between a sapling and a dragon is that a sapling is thinner than me and doesn't weight nearly as much," F'lin said with a laugh. "I may be mostly blind, but even I can see that much!"

Oh. F'lin rubbed the back of his neck. "Guess I kinda put my foot in it, huh? Sorry about that. And...y'know. For you loss, also," he said softly. He leaned forward. "How long ago did you lose him?" he asked. "I'm...guessing it's not a fresh pain. You don't have to talk about if you don't want, though." He shrugged. "I've never lost a sibling before. I can't imagine it's easy." His mom had lost patients before, and every time she'd come home afterwards, it was like she'd been hollowed out. It probably wasn't the same, but watching someone hurting over a loss...well, it wasn't new territory for him, exactly. But it wasn't easy. Wasn't something he felt confident in knowing how to approach. Which sucked. Kaladin was already hurting, bringing up an older hurt, even inadvertantly, made F'lin feel stupid and useless, but he was trying not to show that.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux