Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

In the Middle of the Night [open]

A big open space, this leads to the jungle as well as having a small farmed area and space for feeding and training!
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:18 pm
  • Link

K'mina beamed as Goranask ate the fish. He was fond of all dragonkin, but didn't get many opportunities to spend time with a wher so up close. The fact that the brown enjoyed his gift made his whole night.

"Maybe I can bring you snacks sometimes. I'm not usually up during the night, but if I am, I can nick you something from the kitchens. It must be hard work guarding the weyr through the night!" K'mina spoke as if he knew what a hard night's work looked like, and he absolutely didn't. But he loved the idea of goofing off and doing something that he probably wasn't supposed to be doing.
Dragon
Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:19 pm
  • Link

Goranask like snack, the big bronze commented, suddenly keenly interested in the conversation. Small snack. No distract.

Gi grinned at Goranask's words. She might be quickly forming the opinion that this K'mina was a braggart and a blowhard, but he obviously knew how to treat a wher! That was what really mattered, right?

"That's sweet of you," Giana said kindly. "People don't generally think of things like bringing Goranask snacks!" Although maybe it wasn't so surprising that a dragonrider would think of that, since she supposed dragons had similar - but even bigger! - appetites.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:59 pm
  • Link

Though K'mina was a rider and shouldn't be spending his nights sneaking snacks to watchwhers on guard, he was already formulating elaborate and completely unnecessary plans on how to swipe goodies from the kitchens. No one would really care much if he came to the kitchens at odd hours for a snack, but K'mina loved an excuse for a heist.

"Great! I'll bring something for you next time! What snacks do you like, Giana?" K'mina wasn't about to leave the handler high and dry. She deserved a treat just as much as her partner did.
Dragon
Candidate

Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:05 pm
  • Link

What snacks did she like? Suddenly Giana felt self-conscious. She couldn't tell if this was weird flirting or kind behavior or something else, but really she couldn't completely dislike someone who brought Goranask snacks.

"Um. I'm a sucker for a good meatroll." She also liked a good cup of klah, but she doubted that K'mina would be able to bring her out a hot mug of the spicy drink. "I'm pretty easy to please, and so is Goranask."
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 am
  • Link

K'mina chuckled. [b]"A meatroll for a handler to go along with meat for her wher. Should be easy to remember! Though I imagine you want your treat cooked properly and not raw like his. Unless there's a new food trend down here in Semaca no one's introduced me to yet."

He hadn't been in Semaca terribly long, but even he had quickly noticed how interesting the food was down here compared to the northern continent.
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:53 am
  • Link

"Not unless I haven't been introduced to it either," Giana said cheerily. Goranask had turned his attention back to watching for whatever might be out there, so Gi felt relatively safe continuing to talk to the dragonrider. "The food is a little different down here, isn't it?"

It was strange that it should be strange, really. Everyone here but some of the children came from up north, so the cooking should be the same. It was only that some of the available ingredients might be different ...

"Thank you for thinking about Goranask." she said gently. "But yes, I prefer my food cooked."
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:47 pm
  • Link

K'mina chuckled. "Good. Me 'n the girls just got down here at the end of last turn, we're still getting used to the differences from up north. Glad to hear the folks down still eat more like humans than dragonkin. How long have you been down here?"

He put his bucket of fish and pole down and began stretching as he talked. The fact that he had been up half the night was starting to catch up with him. He needed to keep some part of his body moving, or else the exhaustion might just hit him over the head.
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:57 pm
  • Link

"We've been down here for about a month," Gi answered. She wasn't sure who he meant by 'the girls'; one was surely his dragon, but other than that? Maybe he had a firelizard, or friends or relatives he had transferred with.

It didn't really matter. Unless he did bring snacks as promised - and Giana wasn't going to hold him to it, since he should be sleeping when she was awake and on watch - she was unlikely to see him again. But maybe he would bring snacks?

Snacks good. K'mina friend, Goranask observed.

"Are you often up in the middle of the night?" Giana asked. His dragon was probably asleep and most of the dragonriders' weyrs didn't have ground access, so Gi wasn't entirely sure that K'mina had thought this trip through.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:22 pm
  • Link

"Oh good, you're pretty new here too! It's nice to know someone else is just getting used to things around here like I am." He smiled again in the dim light of the glows. Though he hadn't had much in the way of reservations regarding his transfer to Semaca, it was good to meet someone else who had also recently moved.

He smiled and pointed at the wher when he called him friend. "Right back atcha, buddy! Glad to know I got a big guy like you on my side."

K'mina chuckled at the question Giana posed. "Not super often, but the Great K'mina does what the Great K'mina wants to! And if that's getting up in the middle of the night, so be it. Are you up during the day ever? It'd be nice to see you in not pitch-darkness." He laughed heartily at his completely unfunny joke.
Dragon
Candidate

Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:34 pm
  • Link

Gi wasn't entirely sure how to respond. Was he flirting? Or was he just kind of dramatic? It was nice to know that she and Goranask weren't the only ones who were just getting used to Semaca.

She was not at all sure why he kept calling himself the Great K'mina.

"I'm usually up from a little before sunset to a little after sunrise," Giana answered. She wouldn't mind spending more time with K'mina. He seemed friendly. "Goranask is usually asleep then, but we could grab a meal sometime."

It was nice to make a new friend, and one that liked Goranask was always a plus. Someone who could be a friend to both of them was just right. Plus he was thoughtful enough to supply them with snacks!
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:11 pm
  • Link

"Great!"K'mina exclaimed with enthusiasm. "I hate having to eat alone. Now I know if I get up early, we can get breakfast together! Well, dinner for you, I guess." He stretched, now definitely feeling the exhaustion from being up all night in his bones.

He bent down to pick up his bucket and pole. "Welp, I ought to hit the hay now. Nice meeting you, Giana, Goranask." He turned to enter the weyr, and called behind him. "And don't worry, meat and meatroll, I'll remember to bring those sometime!"
Dragon
Candidate

Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:58 pm
  • Link

Well. That was quite something. Giana waved her farewell, wondering what to make of that encounter. And he intended to meet up with her for a meal sometime, too. That was going to be ... something.

She wasn't entirely sure what to expect from her next encounter with the Great K'mina, but it was definitely going to be interesting! "Well, Goranask, it looks like we made a new friend!" she said brightly, turning her full attention back to the work at hand. That had been an unusual distraction ... but hey, it looked like something had happened after all!
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux