Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Support for the Stage [Ezra]

A big open space, this leads to the jungle as well as having a small farmed area and space for feeding and training!
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 pm
  • Link

Support for the Stage [Ezra]

K'mina stretched as he walked in the late afternoon sun, his shirt long taken off and tucked into his belt. Gurrenth was plodding along beside him, with Lagann perched on her head. All day he had been looking for a member of Chopin Squad. He needed a favor, best handled by someone with the versatile skill set of Chopin. Had he shirked duties all day on this wild goose chase? Absolutely!

"K'mina, we should really get back to doing some drills. Do something to say it was a productive day," Gurrenth urged. If they cut duties too often, they might be forced to transfer again, and she was just getting used to their new home in Semaca.

K'mina brushed her off. "Don't worry so much! It's just one day. We'll go back to our duties tomorrow and no one will even notice we skipped today. Besides, the search isn't over yet!" He had spotted a pair on the plateau a good distance from them, a pale green with what he assumed was her rider.

"Hello!" He bellowed. "You know where I can find someone in Chopin Squad?"
Ezra
Wingsecond

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:08 am
  • Link

Qiu and Flaeth had finished their tasks early today and as such, were out simply enjoying the natural beauty of Semaca, though Qiu was scribbling a rough map of the area they were in. Flaeth was basking in the afternoon sun, her eyes closed and head resting on her front legs, tail swishing softly as she was dreaming about who knew what. The sudden calling of another broke Qiu out of his focus on his journal and he looked up, as Flaeth awoke and immediately looked excited as her rider that someone was approaching them.

" 'allo there and you are in luck! For myself and my Flaeth here are in Chopin. I'm Qiu, good to meetcha!" He replied and stuck his hand out after approaching the pair boldly, the man had no qualms introducing himself to anyone. Flaeth got up to follow him, trying to walk daintly and look graceful.. but it ended in disaster as she tripped over her own feet and her face ended up in the dirt, her tail flopping between her headknobs like a stray piece of human hair.

Qiu was distracted for a moment and turned to check on her, a piece of his journal, the map he was just working on fluttering out and landing at the feet of K'mina. " Oof.. Flaeth, you ok?" He asked with concern and moved her tail the best he could off her head.

Flaeth flattened to the ground like a puppy in trouble, consumed with embarrassment at her fall. " Oh.. oh yes my Qiu. I am so sorry to worry you and I apologize to both of our mysterious guests, I did not put my best leg forward." She replied, feeling very silly for her fall.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:30 pm
  • Link

K'mina beamed and held his hand out to meet the other man's. "That's great news! Name's K'mina! Me and Gurrenth are in Nocturne. And the little flit is Lagann. Say hi, Gurrenth."

"H-hi. I'm Gurrenth." The garnet spoke, her posture meek hunched, as if she was trying to hide her mass behind her rider.

K'mina just laughed, "don't mind her, she's shy."

The trio watched as the green tumbled over herself in a spectacular display of clumsiness. K'mina winced as the dragon tumbled to the ground.

"Oh my goodness, are you ok?" Gurrenth asked, concern in her voice. She shuffled over next to the green to provide support if she needed it to get back up.

K'mina waved his arm about lazily, as if to dispel Flaeth's apology. "Don't worry about it, accidents happen! Why, when Gurrenth was just hatched, she could barely walk a dozen yards without tripping over herself. Took her a few seasons to get that whole business figured out."

"K'mina! Don't tell them about that." Gurrenth protested.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:40 pm
  • Link

Qiu shook the other rider's hand, beaming in delight. " Nice to meet you too, Lagann and Gurrenth." Qiu added and bowed to the other's dragon, trying to seem as non threatening as possible, which was not very hard to do, he was probably less intimidating than a fly.

" That's okay! She is allowed to be shy and herself. Meeting new folks can be scary for some, even dragons." He replied with a smile towards Gurrenth. " Flaeth has always had some issues with her balance but in the air, she moves like a dancer so its okay and hey, we all are a little clumsy sometimes yeah?" He added with a chuckle. Boy did he know it!

Flaeth un-pancaked when Gurrenth moved over to her and allowed the garnet to assist her a bit in regaining some of her dignity and sitting up in a less flattened manner. " Oh.. uh.. yes I am alright. I didn't mean to do that.. sometimes.. well.. what is the human expression.. two right paws?" She replied and Qiu smiled at her. " The expression is two left feet, Flaeth but close enough." He replied and the dragon rumbled softly in response, akin to a laugh.

" We seem to have a lot in common at our hatching, Gurrenth. When I hatched, I tripped and slammed into Qui's legs. I am just glad I did not hurt him too badly or cause him to fall. It was rather.. undignified display of a first meeting. But at least I don't do that as much as I did when small." She replied, speaking with the other dragon. It was nice to know another dragon and their bonded seemed to be getting on well enough with Qiu that it pleased Flaeth greatly.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:48 am
  • Link

K'mina beamed at the pair before him. So friendly! See? They're nice folk Gurrenth, he assured his bonded over their mental link.

Yes, they seem nice, Gurrenth responded, a hint of shyness still in her tone. Seeing Flaeth fall on herself had endeared the green to her, Gurrenth had plenty of experience being clumsy and embarrassed.

"Yes, it took me quite a while to get used to walking, especially as I grew. Now it's better." She reassured Flaeth.

K'mina smiled at Gurrenth. It usually took her much longer to come out of her shell and join a conversation. He would've kept watching her like a proud parent, but Lagann glided off her perch on Gurrenth's head and trilled as she landed on top of K'mina, reminding him of why they were out in the first place.

"Oh yeah!" He said, turning his attention back to Qiu. "That reminds me, you're in Chopin squad, yeah? You folks handle building stuff?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux