Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Meeting New friends [Shelb, Ignys]

Tyto
Weyrfolk

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Meeting New friends [Shelb, Ignys]

It seemed that coming to Semaca really was a place for their new beginning and future. Sylvain hadn't really expected Dimitri to vanish off and find himself a wherling in less than a fortnight from their arrival, but maybe that meant good news for the rest of them. It seemed to mean that Semaca had easier access to wher eggs, which meant that maybe he'd be lucky enough to find someone selling them, too. At some point. He wanted to get a little more settled in, first, but since Dimitri had offically become a wherling handler, he'd been a bit absorbed in the upkeep of his new companion.

Which Sylvain completely understood. A Wher wasn't a dragon but had to be at least a little like taking care of a foal. That could talk. He could only imagine the attention and maintenance that Gallant would need if he were able to talk. He'd probably drive Sylvain (and anyone else willing to listen) absolutely insane.

However, Sylvain was quite happy with the thought of getting to finally meet them. Hopefully they'd be able to help Dimitri; having someone special to him that was around all the time seemed like it would be beneficial. Pull him out of the dark place in his head. Sylvain even made sure that Felix was tagging along. Sharing a room with him definitely made that a lot easier. He wasn't sure whether they'd be helping Dimitri out with something or just meeting the little guy, but he was excited either way. "Come on, Felix! I told him we'd meet him first thing in the morning!"
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:21 pm

"Uuugh." Was the first thing Felix replied with. Being roommates with Sylvain was a curse and a blessing. He found himself both enjoying and hating it. On one hand, having someone he knew there was... nice, comfortable. On the other, Sylvain was himself, and he had grown somewhat used to not being around him. It would take some getting used to, that was for sure.

Felix made himself presentable. Or as presentable as he could manage being tired still. Dimitri had a wher now. He wondered if he was awake still, if his schedule had even changed yet.

"His wher is a white, right? I want to make sure I'm remembering what he told us properly."
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:19 am

Dimitri was by the lake, yawning loudly. He was honestly a bit exhausted, with Dimisk laying beside him. The white seemed very comfortable next to her handler, resting her head against him. Of course, Dimitri was not used to the nocturnal schedule wher handlers often had, especially as candidates normally had their classes in the day.

This left him a bit drowsy and actually close to falling asleep. By the time Felix and Sylvain would arrive at the lake, Dimitri was completely asleep, snoring softly with Dimisk curled up against his side.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:51 pm

"Pretty sure!" Sylvain chirped back, surprisingly awake considering he was normally the one to sleep in. He was excited to see their friend and the little wher, if the eager way he practically bounced as he led Felix along. It was a little silly, considering he was an adult now, but since when had that stopped him before? "Does it matter? I'm just happy for him."

Seeing the slumped form by the lake as they approached, Sylvain smiled to himself, chuckling. "Looks like somebody's worn out," he gestured. Wandering over to the other's sleeping form, his eyes fell onto the young wherling resting against him. "...Aww, cute." He glanced at Felix for a moment, then chose to wander a bit closer, though stopped to give the wher some space so he didn't come off as a potential danger if he startled them. He didn't want to frighten her and get himself hurt--or Dimitri, considering both of them were right there. "Hey, Dimitri," he called out in a playful, sing-song voice, "We're here!"
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 am

"Such a kid." He grumbled, a bit of laughter in his voice. He craned his neck to look at Dimitri, lip quirking upward in a smirk. Looks like lessons were taking a lot out of Dimitri. Would that be him if he impressed a wher? The last hatching was enough to tell him he wasn't fond of waking up in the middle of the night. But if he grew accustomed to it, perhaps it would be fine.

"Yep, white alright. The patterns on the wings look like snow flurries, don't they?" He rolled his eyes at Sylvain's attempts to wake him, moving to stand by his side. The wher was... cute, honestly.
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:20 am

Dimitri was normally a heavy sleeper, but perhaps since he had been waiting for his friends, that he was able to wake up easier. The blond opened his eye and looked at the two, "Good morning, Sylvain, Felix.." He sat up, yawning loudly as he stretched. When he moved, the wherling slowly opened her eyes and looked around groggily.

As she noticed the two, she looked at them curiously. She did not know these two and was wondering if Dimitri knew them. "People strange. Dimitri?" She looked at her handler, the other smiling a bit and stroking her head.

"Dimisk, these are two of my friends from High Reaches. This is Sylvain and Felix." She blinked a bit, nodding as she looked up at him.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Switching from day to night definitely had to be a challenge, he could only imagine the difficulty of it in the interim, especially with Candidate lessons being during the day. And most of the Weyr happenings. And pretty much everything else, almost. Sylvain had no idea what he'd end up with, but he supposed if it were a Wher he'd get used to it. He'd have to. Not that he imagined he'd complain much in the end.

Sylvain grabbed Felix's arm and pulled him closer once both Dimitri and, so it sounded, Dimisk were awake. "Morning, Dimitri! You know, you probably could have asked us to meet you at night if it's easier for you," laughed, greeting Dimitri back as he all but dragged Felix along with him. Letting him go once the group was united, he crouched down in front of Dimitri, smiling at him and the little white wher at his side. "Morning to you, too, Dimisk. I'm happy to finally meet you." Looking closer, he could definitely agree with Felix--the white whirling tips on her wings definitely looked like snow.
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:14 am

Felix nodded in agreement, humming softly. "There's no shame in it. Your lessons are at night, it makes sense. You don't need to mess up your new schedule just to meet with us. There has to be candlemarks where we're all awake." Not all whers were like this, he knew. Plenty were less than docile, even violent. Was that what he wanted? Well... he wanted strength. He didn't have a particular opinion on violent whers or dragons. It was one way to show strength, after all.

Felix knelt. Was it considered wrong to pet someone else's wher? Probably. She was very, very cute though...
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm

"Nice meet you, Sylvain Felix." The wher seemed to smile at them, looking up at the two. She was only around a month and a half old, and was around the size of an average house feline. She tilted her head a bit as Felix knelt closer to her, looking up and seeming to stare into his eyes. She seemed.. curious about him, the young wher continuing to look up at him.

"It seems she's interested in you, Felix." Dimitri moved to rub the wherling's head, Dimisk chirping a bit as she lapped at his hand. "Would you two like to pet her? She's a bit calmer than some other wherlings I've seen."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Sylvain beamed as the little wher's voice entered his mind. It was always a little alarming for the first second to have something that wasn't his own thought-voice there, but Dimisk was cute enough for him to forgive her. Plus, it wasn't like she could just talk out loud to them. Sitting back on his haunches, he glanced between Felix and Dimitri. "I think free time for the Wherlings and our wake-up time might be one of the only free times, unless we try to coordinate off-days?" He wasn't positive offhand, but it seemed like there were more Wherlings wandering around when he was just waking up.

At the offer to pet the little white, Slvain grinned broadly. "Really? If she's okay with it!" He was already hovering a little closer, though respectfullydistant yet. He looked between Dimitri and Dimisk, then at Felix, reeling in his smile to something a little softer to avoid looking like he might burst. He was excited for their friend.
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Felix was more hesitant. She did seem interested in him, but was it really okay? He moved forward a bit, offering the wher his hand. He didn't really feel like explaining to the healers that he had angered a wher by touching her when she didn't want him to.

"I'm still not sure if its proper... but if she's alright with it..." He mumbled, stifling the urge to roll his eyes at Sylvain again. Overeager as always... "A lot of whers I've met are pretty intimidating. Like they would bite my arm off if I tried to touch them without permission."
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Dimisk looked from Felix to Sylvain before looking back at Dimitri. When her handler gave a soft smile and a nod, she put one claw onto her lower chest, looking at them, "I alright." She looked at the two, her eyes a bit wide.

Dimitri smiled and moved to put his hand on her head, "Her favorite spot is her head. She doesn't like when you go down her back, so just some gentle head rubs will be good for her." The wher nodded a bit as he stroked her head, watching as he removed the hand.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Grinning at the comment about having his arm bitten off, Sylvain gently nudged Felix with his elbow. "Sounds like someone I know," he teased. Whers could definitely be intimidating, and they weren't above hurting humans. Even their own handlers, he'd heard, but he couldn't imagine someone wanting to treat their bonded with any sort of cruelty. Especially if they got to see them when they were tiny like Dimisk here.

Sylvain slid closer, within arm's reach but not crowding the wher or Dimitri. He reached out and gently stroked the top of her head, mimicking the blond's motions as best he could, trailing around her little head knobs and ridges with two fingers. "Take good care of Dimitri for me, Dimisk," he told the little wher, and then drew his hand back, moving to Dimitri's other side to let Felix have a turn. Then, he elbowed Dimitri. "And you take good care of her, too."
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 am

"Oh ha ha. What are you implying?" He scoffed. swatting the other's elbow in a way that somehow managed to seem playful. He let Sylvain have his turn, before taking his. The feeling of Dimisk's skin was odd. He couldn't recall if he'd ever touched a wher or a dragon up until that point. He was exceedingly gently, pulling away after a moment.

"We'll give Dimitri hell if he doesn't, you know that. I don't have any doubts in him."
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 am

Dimisk seemed to quite enjoy the two petting her head, looking at them as Felix removed her head, "Felix Sylvain nice. Felix Sylvain dimglow. Felix Sylvain friends?"

Dimitri immediately turned red and shook his head, "N-no! They aren't dimglows, Dimisk! Dimglows is not a nice word!" The wher looked at him, a bit confused. He soon sighed a bit, looking at his friends, "I'm sorry for that. An older wher taught her some swear words, including dimglow. He said that they were flavor words and compliments."

"Forsk and Shards flavor words." She continued to look at the other.
Next
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux