Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Meeting New friends [Shelb, Ignys]

Tyto
Weyrfolk

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Despite the clear (attempted) insult, Sylvain seemed unperturbed. Instead, his soft chuckle evolved into a solid laugh, hand over his stomach. Luckily, he calmed quickly back to stifled chuckles. "I know you're trying to insult me, but it's just too funny." It was like literally having a child swearing at him--not insulting, just amusing. It wasn't like Dimisk knew what she was saying, and Dimitri wasn't being (or so he hoped) malicious about it. "So much for trying to get her to stop, huh?"
Ignys
Weyrleader

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:33 pm

"Seem's like Dimitri is fine with it as long as it serves his interest." Felix snickered, forcing himself to take a deep breath so he didn't completely lose it like Sylvain. "What a horrible handler. Encouraging his wher to insult people for his amusement."

He stifled his laughter, sighing after a moment and humming. This was... nice. He had missed being able to talk with his friends.
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Dimitri smirked, "To be fair, both of you had insulted me too." He stuck his tongue out. Dimisk looked at her handler and tried to copy him, sticking her tongue out at the two candidates with her eyes open while Dimitri's eye was closed.

"Dimisk doing right?" Dimitri looked down at his wherling and snorted when he saw her expression. She looked so proud of herself, her tongue out as she looked at her handler.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:24 pm

It had been a while since they'd all been relaxed like this. Since he'd seen Dimitri genuinely happy and amused with anything. It was... nice. Really nice. He was glad that Dimisk was helping, even if maybe the two hadn't fully realized it yet. Hopefully her presence would continue to mend the wound inside him.

Heis laughter died to a quiet chuckle even as Dimitri stuck his tongue out, shaking his head. Even if he hadn't gotten a proper laugh out of him, seeing him smirking and acting foolish was good enough. Plus, watching Dimisk sit with her little tongue poking out was probably one of the cutest things he'd ever seen. "Now that's cute." Faranth, Dimitri was really trying to kill him with cuteness, here. Dramatically, he placed his hand on his chest, leaning to one side as if struck. "Geeze, my poor old heart can't take all this."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm

"Oh no. Look what you've done, Dimitri. You've killed the romantic of the group." He scoffed, shoving Sylvain's shoulder so he would fall on his back. He smirked at his friend. "You're so melodramatic."

Though, he was right. Dimisk was adorable, he definitely couldn't deny that. She looked so proud of herself.

"How'd you get so lucky and hatch the most gentle wher I've ever seen, Dimitri?"
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm

Dimisk yelped a bit and moved to go to Sylvain. She put her claws on his knee, looking at him, "Dimisk sorry! Dimisk not mean harm!" Dimitri snorted a bit before moving to pet the wherling on the head.

"Don't worry, Dimisk. Sylvain will be completely fine. He's just playing around." He smiled at the young wher, who had sounded worried as she looked up at Sylvain. Eventually, Dimitri turned to Felix, as Dimisk still worried about Sylvain.

"I don't know myself, if I'm being honest. She is honestly one of the sweetest whers I've ever met and she really makes me happy." He smiled gently at her.
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 am

Sylvain let out a soft grunt as he fell to the ground, a little oof as the air burst from his lungs. He remained lying on the ground where he fell as if feigning death, until he felt the little pinprick claws on his knee. Recognizing that he had caused the wherling distress, he sat himself upright, giving her a reassuring smile. "I'm alright, Dimisk, don't worry." Reaching out to her, he offered a little rub to her head if she accepted. "See? I'm sorry to scare you." They were really right, she was such a sweetheart.
Ignys
Weyrleader

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 am

"Don't worry Dimisk, if anyone hurt him I did. But really, I just shoved him a little. He's fine. He's a tough boy." He felt a little bad for taking part in making Dimisk feel bad, but he brushed it off, shaking his head slightly. "I think she'll be good for you. You know? A... a good balance. Someone to keep an eye on you even when we're not there."
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:17 pm

The wher felt him rub her head and nuzzled against his hand, seeming to wag her tail a bit as a result. Dimitri smiled a bit, glad Sylvain was feeling better. However, he also knew how painful her claws could be. They may have been tiny right now, but they still felt like little pinpricks on skin.

As Felix spoke, Dimitri nodded, "Sometimes.. I don't think I was meant to meet her. She's such a sweethearted wher.. and.. I'm me.."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Luckily for Sylvain, his trousers took the brunt of Dimisk's needle-sharp claws, but he could still feel the tiny pins digging in. For now he chose to ignore it, more intent on making sure she knew that he wasn't hurt at all. He genuinely feel bad for causing her distress, she was such a little sweetheart and not experienced enough to understand that he had only been playing. "I agree with Felix," Sylvain spoke up, continuing to gently stroke Dimisk's head without looking over. "I know you might not see it, but I think she really is perfect for you." Looking over at him finally, he grinned, "Just give it time, she'll be with you from now on."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:49 pm

"Call it a happy accident then." Felix scoffed. "But I think she was an excellent match. Whers don't... whers don't chose like dragons do, right? The one hatching I went to, the mother rolled eggs to us. I know you bought her, so maybe it really is a happy accident, but..."

He shrugged helplessly, looking at Dimisk with a soft hum.

"Maybe she chose you, in some way."
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:28 pm

He snorted a bit and soon smiled at Dimisk. Somehow, he felt the same way that Felix had mentioned. It did feel like Dimisk had chosen him. He thought they were destined to meet and bond like this. He slowly picked up the wherling, pulling her off of Sylvain and moving to hug her. Dimisk chirped a bit in surprise, but immediately moved to cuddle him.

"Though.. if it hadn't been for you and Sylvain, Felix.. I may have never met her, as I'd be in High Reaches still."
Tyto
Weyrfolk

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am

As Dimitri took Dimisk back from him, Sylvain planted his hands on his knees, a calm smile on his face. "Funny how things happen sometimes, isn't it?" he hummed, but the dour way the other added on pulled the smile into a slight frown. Just for a beat or two before it was back, now trying to be more reassuring. The last thing he wanted was for Dimitri to end up spiraling. "Don't think so much on what could have happened, just think of it like... No matter what, you're right where you needed to be."
Ignys
Weyrleader

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:20 pm

"Well, you two followed me. But no one made you do that... I'm sure Sylvain had some things to say about it after the situation with the dragon eggs." He snorted, looking at his friends. "But don't give all the credit to him. You still had to agree to come here, Dimitri. You could have stayed, if you really wanted to."
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:51 pm

Dimitri chuckled, "Well, that is true.." Dimisk looked up at him and moved to press her snout at his chin. He chuckled a bit, "You feeling hungry, girl?" She nodded softly, wagging her tail a bit as Dimitri stood up while holding her.

"Sorry if I have to cut this short. Dimisk appears to be hungry."
PreviousNext
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux