Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

More New Friends [Tyto, Ignys]

ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Dimitri blinked a bit and soon felt horrible. Had he made his friends think he was leaving them behind because he had hatched an egg? Sure, he had chosen to buy an egg as soon as he could, but he had always felt worried he would never impress. He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry.. I should have talked to both of you first as well.. to see if we could have impressed together.."

Dimisk almost immediately moved to her handler's side, nuzzling him gently and chirping at him. She gave him an innocent look, the young wher showing worry in her eyes. Dimitri smiled, petting her head gently, "It's fine, Dimisk.."
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 am

Felix just shook his head, petting Felisk to keep his hands busy. He had a feeling he would be fidgeting if he didn't.

"It worked out on the end. It's not like you left either of us alone. We had each other, you know? If anything... I think you inspired me to take that final step. And tell Sylvain so no one would be alone." He shrugged one shoulder, as if it wasn't a big deal.
Tyto
Weyrling

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:10 pm

Frowning at the pair, Sylvain moved first to Felix, who was a little closer, and hooked his free arm around him. Then, he dragged him over to Dimitri, careful not to jostle Sylvask too much as he held her to his chest. Her little claws were digging into his shirt, but it wasn't too bad just yet. Pulling him over to Dimitri, he bumped his shoulder against the blond's, then leaned a bit more heavily onto him. "Don't feel bad, Dimitri. You have to do what's best for you sometimes, you know? You're not our dad." He squeezed Felix a little, then released his hold on him to let him stand on his own. "Maybe we'd have just been sitting on our asses forever if we hadn't met Dimisk."
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Dimitri blinked and soon chuckled, "Or, knowing my luck, you two would have impressed to dragons while I was still recovering from my dislike of dragonriders."

"Why dislike dragonriders? Dimitri dislike Nohadoth!?" The young wher sounded alarmed, wondering if she had made him endure spending time with the white dragon and his rider because of her friendship with the grounded dragon. Dimitri shook his head, smiling.

"No.. E'nyo was actually very helpful.. She made me feel more comfortable talking to dragonriders.. and I could never hate Nohadoth. You two are really close." The young wher seemed to look at him with happiness swirling in her eyes.
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:10 pm

"Then you'd just be stuck with two dragonriders as friends. You couldn't get rid of us that easily." Felix replied, letting Sylvain manuver him. Though he said it with a deadpanned expression, he meant it. Even if they had become dragonriders, it wouldn't have been enough to deter them. They were both stubborn, in different ways.

"I'm surprised to hear you talked to one, let alone a wingrider. I thought you'd start with... like... a weyrling."
Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:50 am

Sylvain's brows raised slightly at the news of Dimitri befriending a rider, though he just smiled and slung his arm over his shoulder. "Felix is right, we wouldn't go anywhere even if we'd ended up as riders." It was good to hear he was out making friends, too. He'd come a long way since moving to Semaca, and Sylvain had a feeling that Dimisk was a great part of the reason.

"She, huh?" He winked, nudging Dimitri teasingly. "Well, I'm glad you're expanding your horizons." Riders were still something that made him a little uneasy, but he had spoken with a few of them by now to know they weren't all terrible. Semaca sort of put it in perspective with everyone having to do everything, though.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:43 am

Dimitri huffed, elbowing the other in the side before giving Sylvain a look, "You know perfectly well that I am not interested in dating anyone. Along with this, I meant that I would have likely tried to avoid you guys if you became dragonriders before I met E'nyo. You know how bad my trauma was from those events.."

Dimisk moved onto his lap, or as much as she could and nosed his cheek gently, "Why Dimisk no like dragonrider?"

The handler let out a soft sigh, "It's a long story.. but.. the weyr we came from used to be horrible. It was ruled by a gold dragon pair who preferred shinies. Because of this, people with chromatic dragons, especially blues and greens, were often targeted and a lot of children were raised to view themselves as better than others just from the color of their parents' dragons or if their parents were wherhandlers.. I had lived there my entire life and while defending a girl.." He sighed softly, his voice trembling as he spoke the next part.

"I-it.. happened.."
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:04 pm

"Sylvain, please." He elbowed his friend in the ribs sharply, leveling him with a glare. He leveled Dimitri with the same one, before letting his expression soften a bit. "And WE'RE saying, even if you tried, you'd be stuck with us. We aren't about to let you close yourself off, least of all to us."

He listened to Dimitri's story respectfully quiet, stroking Felisk. It sounded... awful, frankly. Dimitri had every reason to be uncomfortable around riders after something like that. He sighed, but he couldn't think of anything to say to the other. It was a heavy topic, and he really, really didn't want to say the wrong thing.
Tyto
Weyrling

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:14 pm

He flinched away when Dimitri elbowed him, a lot more exaggerated than he needed to be. "I'd just turn up outside your door every day until you talked to me," Sylvain said stubbornly, sticking out his tongue childishly. After a moment, Sylvask mimicked him, only to then start to bite at his hand until he adjusted her in his arms.

Sylvain's expression darkened as Dimitri began to speak. He remembered playing with Dimitri among the other children at the Weyr when he had visited, and then for a visit or two Dimitri had just vanished. He'd never pried into how he'd lost his eye, leaving it at he'd gotten hurt. It was never his business to try prying that information from--he wasn't interested in forcing someone to do or say something they weren't comfortable with.

He moved back to Dimitri's side without hesitation, clasping a firm hand on his shoulder. "Hey. You don't have to say anything else." Gently, though sternly, he turned Dimitri's upper body toward him, meeting his eye. Sylvain could feel anger simmering under his skin, but he pushed it aside for now. "It's okay," he said firmly. Not what happened, not what had been done. But here, now. Things were okay. Dimitri was safe here.

Careful not to accidentally squish his little wherlet, he hooked his arm around Dimitri and pulled him into a hug.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:23 pm

Dimitri blinked and soon, tears formed in his good eye. He sniffled, moving to cry before moving to pull Sylvain into a hug. He did his best to not squish the small green wherling, holdin onto his friend as he cried. Dimisk looked at her handler in alarm, moving to nuzzle against him.

She had never seen Dimitri like this before. What could have caused him so much pain that he would cry just from talking about it?
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Felix watched them uncomfortably. Shows of affection were hard enough for him, but comfort? He didn't have much experience with that, and definitely not tears. He tried to remember what his father and brother did for him when he was a child, biting down on his lip.

In the end, he settled for taking up Dimitri's other side, offering a gentle hand on his back. Sylvain had the hugging part taken care of, after all. He didn't need to make the exchange more tangled, what with Felisk resting in his lap. Sleepy as she was, she looked equally as concerned as Dimisk. Why was the tall wherhandler crying?

"He's alright." He said, indicating Felisk and Dimisk. "I think he's just... happy. Relieved, probably."
Tyto
Weyrling

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:57 pm

All the wherlings seemed deeply perturbed by Dimitri's display of emotion in their own way, but between them Sylvask merely blinked her large eyes. After a moment, she wiggled herself up a little more and pressed her little snout against his cheek, giving him a little lick of consolation.

Sylvain glanced at Felix as he came closer, giving him an apologetic look. He knew he was uncomfortable with displays of emotion. Luckily, Sylvain was fine with it. Gently, he squeezed Dimitri a little, letting him cry himself out as he needed to. For now he didn't say anything, just letting him cry and letting him know that he was there.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:55 am

Dimitri chuckled a bit as the wherling licked his cheek, sniffling a bit before finally wiping his tears away with a smile, "I'm sorry for crying like that.. I have been holding that back in for a while.. There is still a lot of trauma from High Reaches I need to get through, but.. I'm glad I have all of you willing to help me."

Dimisk seemed to chirp in response, nodding before moving to lay her head on his lap.
Previous
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux