Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

More Beautiful than the Setting Sun [Tyto]

ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 am

More Beautiful than the Setting Sun [Tyto]

Wrathion was a bit sad that neither him or Anduin impressed at the hatching, but he did know they'd have more chances. Right now, though, he wanted to spend time with his partner. He had packed up some of Anduin's favorite meals and had given him a note to meet him at the lake.

Now, he had to hope Anduin would accept it.
Tyto
Wingrider

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 am

Admittedly it had been a little strange to find a note on his bed rather than his partner asking to his face, but he supposed he couldn't nitpick the nuances of their relationship. It was certainly a bit more... private, which he... Well. Sort of still preferred. Not that there was any sort of subtlety to Wrathion and his feelings, but.

But it was this which had Anduin wandering toward the lake, note neatly folded in his pocket. He wouldn't need more instructions, but he didn't want to leave it behind for someone else to happen upon. Not that it mattered, it wasn't as if they were doing anything obscene. Faranth, he would probably ignite on the spot if Wrathion suggested it!

"There you are," he greeted as he approached the other, offering an affectionate smile. "My apologies if you've been waiting. I was a bit delayed by my chores."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:54 am

Wrathion hummed as he saw the other approach, "And here, I thought I would be abandoned for the noble duty of chores~." He gave an affectionate hum to the other before moving to stand up. He walked to his partner and took his hand. As he looked into Anduin's eyes, he lifted the hand and kissed the top of it.

"Now that you are here, my love, we should go and eat~. I brought all of your favorites~."
Tyto
Wingrider

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Anduin laughed softly, going to run his hand through his hair before Wrathion would instead capture it with his own. "I would never intentionally leave you wondering," he promised, though his face was rapidly turning red at the gesture. He should really be used to the other's blatant gestures of affection by now. After a moment, he threaded their fingers together.

"You go out of your way to spoil me too often," he chided, though only halfheartedly, allowing Wrathion to lead him.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Wrathion chuckled a bit, before smiling at him, "You say that as if spoiling you isn't something enjoyable to do. You're really fun to tease~.." He gave a soft hum before moving to sit down at their picnic spot.

"I've brought all of your favorites for the meal. I know how hard you've been working and, since neither of us impressed at the last hatching, I thought you deserved something nice." He was admittedly thankful he hadn't impressed. He wanted to spend more time with his partner.
Tyto
Wingrider

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Shaking his head, he sat down across from Wrathion. "I believe I will never understand that bit about you," he told him with a soft, affectionate smile. Looking over the offered items, he flushed as his stomach growled audibly at the sight. He may or may not have neglected to eat a proper meal today. "It all looks lovely, thank you. I really must try to make it up to you sometime." It was a little more difficult for him, though; he usually volunteered for extra chores to help around the Weyr.

Anduin selected a few items and gestured for Wrathion to help himself. "Are you disappointed you did not Impress?" he asked quietly, making conversation between bites.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 pm

"Not at all." He smiled at Anduin, "Besides, we are still young. We have at least seven years before we age out and have to choose either to become wher candidates, or give up on that dream~." He winked at his partner before humming as he moved to pick up a sandwich.

"I should really ask, though.. Were you disappointed, Anduin?" He looked at his partner, a worried look in his eyes.
Tyto
Wingrider

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:02 am

Anduin frowned slightly, looking down at his food. The idea of giving up didn't sit well with him. It just wasn't in his nature. It was true enough, though, that some just... never Impressed. What would he do, then? A wher seemed like a consolation prize if it wasn't bonded to naturally, and that just wasn't fair to them...

Blue eyes flicked up to Wrathion, and Anduin's brows pinched together slightly in consideration. "A bit," he admitted softly. "It has always been a little disappointing to watch so many others meet a partner with whom they'll share a bond no one else can understand, only to be left wanting." Anduind drifted off for a beat or two, before adding quickly, "As you said, however. We do have nearly a decade to see if ours waits for us out there." Plus, it would be a little weird if he bonded and Wrathion didn't. Would the other grow to dislike him for Impressing before him, should it arise?

Realizing he was neglecting his food, he quickly stuffed some into his mouth, nearly choking himself in the process. Eyes watering, he struggled to swallow and then coughed a few times, scrambling for water to help wash it down.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux