Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[EVENT] Fluff and Stuff

Windra
Candidate

Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:26 pm
  • Link

Naira clicked her tongue. The rolling thoughts in her brain were hard to ignore and the creeping itchiness of restless anxieties came roaring in a torrent. Naath was going to disapprove. She could already feel the green baring down on her with emotions of responsibility and 'what was right for the Weyr' ... but Naira was her own inidividual.

"I could ... take it in?" Naira proposed. So what if it was a spottie? Perhaps their aggression towards human kind was because they were so close to their nesting grounds. "If it's a cat, I mean ... we are kind of in their territory to begin with. They probably see us as a threat. Nurturing it until its grown into something capable enough to care for itself would be better than just straight up ... killing it."

The green bristled. Her wings spread halfway, jaw opening in a hiss that surely would spook the fluffball into retreating if it hadn't already. Pasrith will be notified if you should do so. Any danger presented to the Weyr is punishable, you understand? It was rare for Naath to speak more than a few words to anybody other than her rider. The green's vexation drove her to vent aloud.

Naira waved a hand. "So we'll tell 'em. This might be an ample opportunity for Mizurka Squad, get it? They've been wanting to research spotties a little more in-depth. With several pairs of watchful eyes, we can understand this thing better and maybe, I don't know, figure out how to cope with them in the long term? I bet you Rigel might be keen on it."
Dragon
Candidate

Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:44 pm
  • Link

It was pretty clear that the young dragon was the more responsible of that particular pair. "Really, I agree with your dragon," Gi said slowly. They couldn't just take in the creature, probably not even after telling someone that they were doing so. Especially since they didn't know what the forsk it was.

Being the more mature person in this situation was a little weird and uncomfortable for Giana, who generally preferred a more spontaneous approach to things. That was why she had picked up the baby critter in the first place ... and why she and Goranask had transferred to Semaca. But she had to put a stop to this. At least the dragon was probably on her side ...

"If it's a spotty then it's dangerous - or it will be," Giana said firmly. "There's no way to safely keep it." Spotties were dangerous, that had been made clear. They hunted in packs and could pose a risk even to a full-grown dragon or wher. Sure, one was probably less dangerous than a whole pack of them, but there was no way that they could risk a spotty living in the Weyr.

That didn't stop whatever it was from being awfully cute right now ...

"The problem is that we don't know what it is, so we don't know what to do with it." Gi said logically. "However, it looks big enough that it will probably grow up into something pretty sizable. Which means that keeping it is probably a no."
Windra
Candidate

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:36 pm
  • Link

"Yeah, yeah." Naath was needling her thoughts like a hot iron. Scolding the living daylights out of her well out of Giana's earshot. But looking at that small, helpless thing ... it just felt awful to do away with it like some kind of insect. "It's not like I'm happy to be sharing territory with big cats that'd like to have us for dinner, but to find a way of co-existing ... or at least, like, knowing some of their habits so we can best avoid them ... Would be better than just snuffing it out."

Naath sat hard, staring directly at her rider. Eyed that had been whirling red a moment ago swirled now with flecks of yellow and a brilliant amber streak. One might detect a hint of blue, if you squinted. Something so dangerous must be extinguished. The entire Weyr could be at risk if it is allowed to grow and then runs amok.

"You were a hatchling not so long ago, darling," Naira sighed. Their gazes met and held. Naath could be a force to reckon with but Naira was not the sort to back down. She could at least negotiate. "Soon you'll be this unstoppable force in the sky, burning things out of sight. I wonder if once, your predecessors weren't something people feared?" There were definitely some that Naira's blood curdled at the thought of. Nornth with her bloodshed. And Serapheth had a reputation. "I'd be willing to ... do what we've gotta do," she told Giana, glancing sideways at her. Radar was still nowhere to be seen. "But! Would you be good with asking Rigel first before you, y'know ... "

Images of that fuzzy thing soaked in red burned behind her eyes. Even Naath seemed to blanch at the idea.
Dragon
Candidate

Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:21 pm
  • Link

"Ask away," Gi said. It wasn't like she was set on killing the fluffy - she didn't know for sure that it was a baby spotty yet! - but she didn't she didn't mind someone who had been around Semaca longer and was in more authority taking over the problem. And it was definitely a problem! Whatever it was, it needed to be identified and dealt with.

She shifted her grip on the fluffy, not really sure what to do now other than wait.

Hopefully, Rigel would know what the fluffy was and be able to deal with it. Hopefully, the fluffy wouldn't even have to be put down. But if it was ... well, she was prepared to do what had to be done.
Windra
Candidate

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:59 pm
  • Link

"Game," Naira uttered, turning her attention to Naath. There was no hiding the green's vexation but at least her rider was listening, even if the ear was half turned away. "Love, would you mind summoning Rigel's dragon?" The name escaped her. She scratched at her head, wincing with thought. "Faranth, what was his name. Ahh ... Something starry, wasn't it? Ah! Cygneth!"

If dragons could roll their eyes ... Naath sighed, mustering up the strength to use her verbal command. She disliked speaking out loud. Others were just not worth her time. But here they were. You appear to forget that we can speak to other riders. Dash away the teachings you've heard in your youth. Many things have come to light since then. This is Naath, bonded to Weyrling Naira, contacting Rigel. Please come to the lakeside, as there is a discovery we would like your guidance in dealing with.

Naath did not say "possible spotty", and for that Naira was grateful. Speaking that aloud might raise some concern from others nearby. The weyrling scooted over, plopping a little kiss on the green's muzzle. "Thankie, darling," she chimed with a wink. "What would I do without you?"

Be eaten alive, it would seem.

"Probably." No sense in denying that. Naira watched the furball, tempted to stroke it some more. "Mizurka may get some flak, but Rigel'd know what to do with it, I think."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux