Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

A Dream of Stars Above the Skyline [Flight]

The Summerlands are full of dangers and delights just outside the range of the Weyr itself. What can be found in these areas?
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:28 am

A Dream of Stars Above the Skyline [Flight]

As the hot Semacan sun slowly - and quite magnificently - lowered its way through the clear cloudlessly blue sky to meet the horizon in its uniquely vibrant display of multiple colours, rider and dragon comfortably lay together on the Weyr’s plateau.

Nestled as she was beneath the shade of an half-open wing, Trewyra was the first to notice the steadily brightening luminous glow of her dozing green’s hide; and, blushing despite herself - she hadn’t been able to get that reaction under control, even though she knew full well what to expect of Orbith’s flights nowadays - the greenrider rolled out and calmly resettled herself at a safer distance from the awakening dragon. Since it was sunset anyways - soon to be replaced with the much cooler star-spangled darkness of night - she didn’t need any further protection from the often-scorching summer sun. Plus, it was always better safe than sorry! Wouldn’t do to be accidentally injured by your own dragon in the rush to Rise, after all.

As predicted, the moment Orbith awoke and became aware of her overwhelming need, the green immediately swept to her feet, preparing to blood a wherry or two to sustain her.

Take care not to strain your wing too much! A reasonably short and low flight is still perfectly fine. Trewyra quickly cautioned the speedy green as the dragon then darted off in a brightly glowing blur to hover above the Weyr, leaving her behind in the dust.

Of course I won’t. I promise! Orbith happily chirped back in reply. Carefully banking into a circular leisurely path, the green bungled loudly as she gaily broadcast to the Weyr below her:

I rise in a dream of stars above the skyline! Who will join me? All are welcome!
FORT WEYR

Kreta of Blue Eseath (firelizard Leirath)

Weyrling Xinia of Blue Yhargulth (firelizard Moonshine; originally HR, Impressed @ Fort)

HIGH REACHES WEYR

Viela of Green Oveceth (fire-lizard Treble; originally Fortian, Impressed @ HR)

Weyrling L’ana of Brown Jomuroreth (firelizard Smoke)

Candidate Palindrome (firelizard Terret)

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen; Impressed in Semaca. Firelizard Nexus)

Candidate Saekri (originally of Ista; feline Felida)

Weyrling Palico of White Himuroth (originally of High Reaches)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar)
memerina
Wingrider

Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:17 am

This evening was beautiful; the sunset was always a sight to behold. Tenebrith stood on his weyrledge, staring out into the sky, as his rider sat on her chair, simply musing to herself. As Orbith called, the Blue looked back towards his rider. Hmmm, K'zal, it's a lovely night, tonight. The sunset's particularly lovely, and I'd love to go for a little bit of a dash around the Weyr. K'zal blinked a few times, turning towards him. "It's okay, Tenebrith, you don't need to ask my permission. You can say there's someone rising, it's oka-"

Thank you, I love you, byeeeeeee! He shot off, into the sky, following Orbith; his glorious deep blue body seeming much like a simulation of the night sky. If only his personality was as elegant as his appearance. Orbith! he called. What a beautiful sunset to be flying, hm? I'd say this is probably in my top five times of day, and thanks to how the weather is at Semaca, we are lucky enough to see it so many times. And you chose a very nice time to fly, because now we can remember this moment with the very nice sunset backdrop. Oh wait, I'm rambling, aren't I? You're very pretty.
Tyto
Wingsecond

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:47 pm

V'lor of Brown Thanvialeth
A loud bugle announced the intent of brown Thanvialeth, perched at his weyr. V'lor stood just at the side, watching the green far above. "So long as you leave me out of it," she told her dragon, waving dismissively to him. He wasn't going to wait for her permission anyway. They'd had some encounters in the past and V'lor had always opted out. He was fine with that. It didn't matter to him whether she chose to seek out the rider or not. Instead, these were about him. And the other dragon. But mostly him.

Launching into the air, he surged up after Orbith. Exquisite Orbith, what a lovely sunset. Almost as lovely as the two of us, is it not?

Talinal of Blue Kalzeoth
Talinal sat beside his dragon as Kalzeoth shifted from one foot to another, giving him a light pat on one leg. "Go get her, you big goof," he laughed. "You've never asked me before." Kalzeoth huffed audibly, then launched himself after the brown and other blue currently lifting off after the green. He was not the biggest or the fastest, but he was certainly the best of the offerings so far. A big, lumbering brown who clearly had no idea how to woo the attentions of ladies. And another blue who was too excited for his own good.

Orbith. Lovely to see you again. You've picked a beautiful sunset to fly alongside.

Lyari of Garnet Phaedrath
Phaedrath rumbled softly as she watched the dragons above. Lyari joined her, placing their hand against her leg. "You should join them." I don't know if Orbith would like a female dragon, Phaedrath told her rider gently. "Well, she did say everyone! She seems nice, too. If she would prefer not, then I'm sure she'll let you down gently." ...Alright. I suppose there's no harm in it.

Spreading her wings, Phaedrath gracefully lifted off after the chasers, following off the sprightly green that was Orbith. I hope you don't mind if I join your chasers, Orbith, she spoke to the other. You've chosen a beautiful evening to Rise.
Citrine
Candidate

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:41 am

Dromeath rarely chased, which often confused Tavrie. When she was younger Tavrie thought she had some concerns that females wouldn't welcome her gender identity, but no matter how much her rider pushed about it Dromeath simply pushed the idea off - it was stupid and silly, she was just who she was!

No, it turned out that Dromeath rarely chased just because she often felt something wasn't right. A warm sunset, though? And a pretty green? And Tavrie doing watering of her own personal crop-for-looks, rather then them being in the midst of some important work?

That would do.

With a thrum in her throat, she took off after Orbith, tip of her tail a-twitch. She left Tavrie on her ledge watering the flowers, to her mild discomfort—but they would handle that later if they needed to.

Wings beating with the rhythm of her words, Dromeath didn't flirt or speak as elegantly as the others, but she did speak up to agree about the evening's excellent choice: The sunset is lovely, but pales in your shadow, Orbith; it compliments you most of all. It adds a gleam to your already glowing wings.
Fort
Healer's A'ryti of brown Maltiroth
Dusk Tikaya of blue Tisk
Twilight Iscah of blue Goumath
High Reaches
Firestorm K'aer of bronze Remponath
Candidate Sietske
Moonshot Wingleader Alizette of green Ysanith
Raindance Dashiel of green Eiraeyth
Starfall Constanter of blue Whith
Weyrling Clementine of brown Yslath
Semaca
Nocturne Yasmin of garnet Tenjouth
Chopin Tavrie and brown Dromeath
Wherling Rion and white Risk

One Shots
dusk
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:20 am

You are well enough? Wrednoth asked, an eye aimed at his rider. Illy was draped casually in a hammock, Stripe nestled against her neck, content beneath the fall of blonde hair that covered her.

"Totally." Illy promised, fingers fluttering over the scar that had once been her stomach. Wrednoth hummed concern, but sensing no lie from his rider, angled himself off his ledge.

You will outshine rubak in the darkness. He assured Orbith grandly, eyes whirling in the spilled rainbow of the sunset as he rose after her. Orbith was a very beautiful green, just like the evening was beautiful. Wrednoth liked greens. And chasing. And tonight, he really liked Orbith.
FORT WEYR
Monty of Sinanjuth | Rozen Midnight Wing
E'han of Quebeleth | Eeta Twilight Wing
Sarja of Quantath | Blue Daylight Wing
Haman of Gazath Daylight Wing
Bayard of Raidoth | Small One Daylight Wing
Oleander of [green]Saraneth[/green] Aurora Wing
O'rish of Hassath | Ember & Calamity XXX Wing
JM Smith Kuni of Ekunisk & Ekusk | Pitch Dawn Squad
Candidate Mercy
HIGH REACHES WEYR
Jasph of Yorth | TukiHat Radiance Wing
Taegan of Recksith Radiance Wing
K'ai of Vaseeth Starfall Wing
V'les of Ebyth Healers Wingleader
Lalah of Magsith Sunburst Squad
Thursday of Thursk Sunburst Squad Second
Ravi of Ravisk | Girlie Windsong Squad
Keir of Kesk Windsong Squad
Tholli of Edwyth Nightwing Weyrlings
Peony Candidate
SEMACA
Illyasviel of Wrednoth | StripePavane Squad
Firn of Ziath | Indi Minuet Wing
Cola of Ambraliath Nocturne Wing
Errol of Errosk Mazurka Squad
Candidate Michiru
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Candidate

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Orbith warbled loudly with pleased satisfaction in the chasers’ quick response to her call.

Wonderful! What a splendid spread of chasers she had so far! And the green was even secretly delighted to spot a garnet among them.

And such lovely, romantic words from them all!

Suddenly breaking out of her circular flight path, Orbith managed to execute a rather-fancy-looking loop-the-loop; briefly flipping upside down only to right herself with the setting sun behind her, as she happily rocketed upwards a few dragonlengths on a warm thermal of rising air.

Such a spectacular sunset indeed, and oh, so much do I appreciate all of you!

Gracefully leaving the thermal, the green looked back over her gleaming wings at her followers in a coy, almost-mischievous way as she began to build up her by-now-infamous speed.

The same moment the sun plunged below the horizon - leaving in its wake a equally-glorious steadily darkening sky filled with the gradual appearances of stars - Orbith playfully chirped to her winged cohort of chasers.

Now, a challenge. Catch me if you can!
FORT WEYR

Kreta of Blue Eseath (firelizard Leirath)

Weyrling Xinia of Blue Yhargulth (firelizard Moonshine; originally HR, Impressed @ Fort)

HIGH REACHES WEYR

Viela of Green Oveceth (fire-lizard Treble; originally Fortian, Impressed @ HR)

Weyrling L’ana of Brown Jomuroreth (firelizard Smoke)

Candidate Palindrome (firelizard Terret)

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen; Impressed in Semaca. Firelizard Nexus)

Candidate Saekri (originally of Ista; feline Felida)

Weyrling Palico of White Himuroth (originally of High Reaches)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar)
memerina
Wingrider

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:17 am

Tenebrith continued to follow Orbith, gracefully mirroring her patterns, following her through her many twists and loops. She was definitely fast, but that was little issue for the blue. He thought about what to say next; flirting wasn't his forte. He didn't want to go into the logistics of her loops, or how the entire art of looping was simply a way to tease the chasers into saying more flowery words. He was (just about) smart enough to know that was definitely not how to talk to girls.

Impressive moves, Orbith! He beamed with pride, as though there was a hint of a smile in his voice. You're so fast, and so graceful! Soon enough you'll have enough speed and grace to... Orbith the entire planet.
dusk
Peacekeeper Captain

Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 pm

Wrednoth couldn't follow the green through fancy patterns. Fast as he might have been, the brown wasn't built for aerobatics. He didn't try, knowing better, but kept close, crowding some of the chasers simply by sheer size. And a little on purpose.

Pardon me. He rumbled. Kind of. Sort of.

Orbith was a very good flyer! Dizzying almost. Wrednoth closed his inner lid against the glare of the setting sun and chased her upward. Direct and quick. He wouldn't win this flight with flourish. Good thing he had a winning personality!

Amused greatly by blue Tenebrith's joke, Wrednoth shamelessly stole it for himself. I'm always up for a challenge! Even Orbithing the planet!
FORT WEYR
Monty of Sinanjuth | Rozen Midnight Wing
E'han of Quebeleth | Eeta Twilight Wing
Sarja of Quantath | Blue Daylight Wing
Haman of Gazath Daylight Wing
Bayard of Raidoth | Small One Daylight Wing
Oleander of [green]Saraneth[/green] Aurora Wing
O'rish of Hassath | Ember & Calamity XXX Wing
JM Smith Kuni of Ekunisk & Ekusk | Pitch Dawn Squad
Candidate Mercy
HIGH REACHES WEYR
Jasph of Yorth | TukiHat Radiance Wing
Taegan of Recksith Radiance Wing
K'ai of Vaseeth Starfall Wing
V'les of Ebyth Healers Wingleader
Lalah of Magsith Sunburst Squad
Thursday of Thursk Sunburst Squad Second
Ravi of Ravisk | Girlie Windsong Squad
Keir of Kesk Windsong Squad
Tholli of Edwyth Nightwing Weyrlings
Peony Candidate
SEMACA
Illyasviel of Wrednoth | StripePavane Squad
Firn of Ziath | Indi Minuet Wing
Cola of Ambraliath Nocturne Wing
Errol of Errosk Mazurka Squad
Candidate Michiru
Tyto
Wingsecond

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Brown Thanvialeth and Blue Kalzeoth
As if sensing a challenge in each other, the blue and brown eyed one another. Then their attention turned to the green Orbith soaring on ahead. With a powerful sweep of brown wings, Thanvialeth was off after her, but Kalzeoth dipped low instead, catching the thermal and rising up rapidly and using it to help him dip into another dive, angling his wings to follow. I'll wholly give it my all.

Garnet Phaedrath
The gentle Garnet was hardly a match for some of the speedier chasers, but did her best to keep up with them, beating her long wings in an attempt to gain more speed. There was no chance she would keep up with Orbith, of course. The green was agile and a fast flier--she'd never seen a green so zippy. But, so long as she kept up with the others, she'd have a chance. Right?

Catching the thermal, Phaedrath mimicked the smaller blue Kalzeoth in using it to propel her forward. Unlike the others, she didn't try with fancy words, just pleased to let the thrill of the chase sit between them.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux