Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Opportunistic [FLIGHT]

The Summerlands are full of dangers and delights just outside the range of the Weyr itself. What can be found in these areas?
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:14 pm
  • Link

Opportunistic [FLIGHT]

It was days of growing increasingly proddy, being more particular than usual about eating, and demanding to be scrubbed and oiled until D'tius could hardly hold brush and cloth, but Cliraffeth was clearly glowing as sunset rolled across Semaca on a fine evening of winter's first dawning. It was time. Lurching to his feet, Cliraffeth looked behind him, fixing his whirling eyes on his bonded. D'tius, exhausted from sharing his growing lust and seeing to his every need, had retired to an early and unceremonious sleep at his small table, cheek smushed against its surface, mumbling in his bleary state.

Seeing no need to wake him, Cliraffeth dove from his ledge into an elegant midair arc. Not a moment was to be spared for blooding; he was a strong garnet, and he would rely on that strength here. I call for nothing less than Semaca's finest to join me, Cliraffeth bugled, flying high and fast, though he was more a dragon for stamina than speed. Come, let us see who might be capable of impressing me. It would be most unwise to allow such an opportunity to be squandered, for I will not be kept waiting.
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:34 am
  • Link

Renatus of Bronze Zalth

Opportunity? Well, Zalth didn't see why not. Garnets could clutch, after all. The opportunity to ensure that his most glorious of bloodlines was passed on was a more than tempting prospect. Surely, Cliraffeth could have no worthier chasers than himself, a shining bronze in all his majesty.

He rose from where he had been about to settle in for the evening, stretching languidly. Yes, he liked this garnet; he saw what was truly important in a Flight. He didn't ask for flowery words of praise and appreciation. He wanted to be impressed, and Zalth knew that he was impressive, undersized though he may have been. He possessed strength, conviction, and glory.

Flaring his wings wide to catch the wind, he leaped from his ledge with a throaty roar. You need wait no longer, good sir. For I, Zalth, worthy among dragons, have come to prove myself to you!
EW-NA
Wingleader

Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:14 pm
  • Link

Edel'reiss of Brown Erenosath

-

He was standing at the edge of the weyr's cliff perch, seemingly contemplating about something. Edel'reiss hadn't really noticed what he was doing at first, until she started feeling that semi-familiar swirl of turbulence. Uneasy sways of emotion that rocked to-and-fro in the center on the stomach; like being trapped about a ship on the churning seas. Rolling her eyes, the rider let out a resounding breath through her nose before swirling herself to face her other half. Erenosath wasn't being solitary, so Edel'reiss easily read what the trouble was.

“Go ahead,” she pushed in a firm tone. “It's a Garnet, isn't it? You're a big Sir Dragon-- we're allowed to get 'extra social' with others now.”

The Brown spun his neck about at her comment. Edel'reiss hadn't been crude, persay.... but he thought it a bit so. It was embarrassing. Mostly because she'd nailed exactly what was making him uneasy. Or close enough to it.

Yes, I know, he replied, turning back to look over the expanse of sky before him. Cliraffeth zoomed in the distance, with viable chasers shortening the length between themselves. There was an undeniable pounding urge bubbling within him as he witnessed. It was hard to ignore but---

I am unfamiliar with Cliraffeth, he explained uneasily. I wouldn't want to intrude. There may be an intended winner already, so I--

“Then you'll be told to go home, and you can fly back with your fork tucked between your legs. Not like you'd be the first ever to go to a weyr in disappointment.” Eda spun herself away from him again, waving off one of her hands dismissively to the dragon. “You need the practice. You're not as suave as you think you are.”

Erenosath remained prone for a few moments longer, before caving to his rider's prompting. Spreading his large wings, he darted off the rocky edge, catching the breeze in hopes of getting some much needed speed.

I have come at your calling, Cliraffeth! This is not how I envisioned a first meeting, but I hope to impress you none the less!
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:59 pm
  • Link

B'ram of Blue Sininulth

Dragons rose all the time, and typically Sininulth ignored them, too uncertain of his odds at winning to be willing to put himself out there. Whenever a dragon rose, he stayed steadfastly on his ledge of the weyr, but B'ram could sense through their bond a longing in him, a desire to chase, to give into the thrill of indulging in the most basic of draconic instincts. B'ram tried to encourage him, but usually it just resulted in a snarl from Sininulth.

When a garnet rose, calling for only Semaca's finest, B'ram turned towards Sininulth with a smile. "Hey, he's calling for the best," B'ram said, wheedling. "You know that includes you, right? I mean, you are the Weyrleader's dragon, right? Only the finest dragon can hold that honor."

Sininulth turned a whirling eye towards B'ram, the color one of irritation. That is your distinction, he chided. Such things would not impress another dragon, and I should not want to catch one for whom it does.

"Oh relax a little, would you?" B'ram asked. "It wouldn't kill you to go out and have a good time. I mean, if you don't catch the guy, at least you'll get to fly as hard and as fast as you can. That's gotta be at least a little fun, right? And then you can eat as much as you want and laze in the sun and no one can give you grief for it."

Tch, Sininulth said, rising from his ledge. Losing a flight can't be any worse than sitting here and listening to your constant nagging, he growled and launched into the air after the Cliraffeth and his other chasers. I will chase, was all he said, quiet and simple, not wanting to say more for fear of it being taken wrong. He was surrounded by larger dragons, so he knew he'd at least be among the fastest in the air and tried to make the best use of that, adding unnecessary twirls as he raced after the garnet.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:10 am
  • Link

The finest? Who were the finest? What was fine...Such an interesting word, fine, which encapsulated so many things...Echoneth almost forgot to join the flight, so lost was he in the meandering pathways of his thoughts.

But he did not wish to be an unwise dragon, even if he wasn't quite sure what chasing (or not) had to do with wisdom.

Besides, and on an unrelated note, Cliraffeth was pretty.

So Echoneth spread his wings and glided from the cliff, showing off his size and strength and power- and trying to angle himself so Cliraffeth could see the pattern on his wings that had on occasion been called striking.

Garnets surely liked pretty too, right?

A fine dragon and a wise one... Echoneth trailed off for a moment before recalling what he had meant to say. But perhaps garnets liked dramatic pauses, Am I.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:59 pm
  • Link

E’nel of Bronze Xalemeth

E’nel had just grown accustomed to the idea of being a fully fledged rider. No longer a weyrling, a bronze rider of legend. The bronze rider hummed to himself , taking pride in his well oiled dragon. “Perfect, now just stay there and don’t you dare get yourself mucked up Xalemeth.” he sighed, sitting himself down by the ledge the dragon laid on when the bronze head peaked in interest as a garnet called for chasers.

A different sort of interest. A new one. E’nel’s cheeks flushed red, turning to the dragon in suprise. “But… all the effort I’ve put into your hide!”

I’m afraid your efforts will not have quite been in vain, rider of mine. Xalemeth stood, watching as chasers joined the garnet, unfurling his wings.The call to impress is a temptation I wish to take today.

E’nel sighed, he wouldn’t be able to stop his dragon from chasing. He set himself closer to the ledge. ”Alright, give him all you’ve got. You’re gonna catch him , Xalemeth!”

Xalemeth launched himself off the ledge, rising up in the air with potent strength. With a freshly clean hide , he gleamed in the sunlight. There is none more impressing or fine than myself, my dear Cliraffeth he roared , confident in his ability.
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Wingrider

Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:05 pm
  • Link

White Dayvith

Aha!

Another day, another flight, and Dayvith needed little to no prompting to immediately launch himself into the air after the rising garnet. He was definitely NOT one to let such opportunities pass him by!

The slightly pudgy black white was no athlete, it was true, but nevertheless he chose to chase. Over and over and over again he’d chase whoever rose into the sky, and his rider was by now long since used to this odd peculiarity of his. It was common knowledge that most whites didn’t chase, generally, but Dayvith was not most whites.

Was he the finest? Debatable, depending on who was asked. Regardless of whether or not he could in fact be considered the finest, Dayvith was happy to answer Cliraffeth’s summons.

Hello! What dragon in their right mind would ever let such an opportunity like this pass by?? Not me, that’s for sure!

The large white was trying his best to seem as cool and collected and unflappable as he could, even as he winged his way through the colouring sky to join his fellow chasers.

By the way, I’m Dayvith. The finest white you’ll ever meet! Your garnet hide looks quite lovely against the sunset, Cliraffeth; it’s definitely the prettiest time of day to fly, don’t you think?
FORT WEYR

Kreta of Blue Eseath (Equinox Wingleader, firelizard Leirath)

Xinia of Blue Yhargulth (firelizard Moonshine; originally HR, Impressed @ Fort)

Elgiibel of Green Elgiisk (firelizard Fireball Phoenix)

A’mi of Bronze Voidarth

Bolin of White Bolisk (originally of Igen. Firelizard NameHere)

D’ain of Brown Renouth (firelizard NameHere)

P’earl of Garnet Aemith (originally of Telgar. Firelizard Solar)

Candidate Rekka (originally of Southern Boll)

HIGH REACHES WEYR

Viela of Green Oveceth (firelizard Treble; originally Fortian, Impressed @ HR)

L’ana of Brown Jomuroreth (firelizard Smoke)

Candidate Palindrome (firelizard Terret)

Bet’ti of Blue Trichath (feline Sushi; firelizard Evermore)

Emogi of Green Emogisk and Bronze Mogisk (firelizard Daisy Daze)

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen. Firelizard Nexus)

Saekri of Green Paradisoth (originally of Ista; feline Felida)

Palico of White Himuroth (originally of High Reaches. Firelizard Sudsy)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar. Firelizard Bubbles)

Weyrling Dew of Garnet Freth (originally of Ista; firelizard Moon)

Ranya of White Dayvith (runnerbeast Quilda; firelizard Haldanar)

Z’fyr of Brown Kintsugith (originally of Igen)
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:32 pm
  • Link

Hearing voice upon voice giving him due heed, Cliraffeth snaked his head under a wing to regard each of his chasers, pleased to find an incredible showing of those who answered his call. Two bronzes, Zalth and Xalemeth. Two browns, Erenosath and Echoneth. A blue, Sininulth. And a...a white? Cliraffeth eyed Dayvith cautiously. In his six Turns, he hadn't heard of a white chasing, but perhaps Semaca's whites were different from those of Ista and other Northern Weyrs. Doubtful, but possible. Of all in Semaca, you who flock to my call show intelligence few can boast, it seems, Cliraffeth drawled imperiously, eyes crafty as he scrutinized each suitor carefully. But being worthy is something else completely. Come, prove yourselves, all of you. I won't be caught so easily, especially not by a subpar suitor.

Flying farther and farther, Cliraffeth led his followers on a merry chase, diving among rocky outcroppings and tall trees. It wasn't long until he leveled his course above a plateau far below, looking to his suitors again. Though he had found each of them had proved themselves as acceptable participants by keeping up to him, one dragon among them was like a gleaming mark in mud, a beast who had won his favor in haste to a great degree. All of you still follow, Cliraffeth observed wearily. Good. But Zalth, you will join me in flying onward.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux