Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Candidate Zephyrine

GrayWarden

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:51 pm
  • Link

Candidate Zephyrine

Zephyrine
“It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

BASICS

NAME: Zephyrine, nicknames are Zeph, Zephy, or Zephyr
PRONOUNS: she/her/hers
ORIENTATION: Heteromantic Heterosexual

BIRTHDATE: Summer 2754
WING: n/a

APPEARANCE
EYES: Klah Brown
HAIR: Black
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 5'2". Petite with moderate curves.
PLAY-BY: Hana Tajima
FULL APPEARANCE: Zephyrine has always been a tiny creature. She wasn't born premature but she was so tiny who parents worried about her health. Thankfully, she was always a healthy child but much to her young's self dismay she was always the tiniest of others her age. Her mother would tell her to not pout since she could easily catch up when she got older, but unfortunately she didn't. Now as an adult she is still very petite and is only five feet and two inches tall. For all her tininess, she isn't a stick. She does have curves even sporting a bit more curve around her belly than she'd care for.

Her almond-shaped eyes are a beautiful shade of klah brown. While she tends to keep her head covered in some way, her hair is thick, shiny, long, and raven black. The reason she generally has her head hidden is thanks to the angry scars that leave very obvious bald spots. Zephyrine would not consider herself a vain person, but the scars do make her horribly self-conscious. Plus, she'd rather avoid any "what happened to you" questions.

Her mother had always been a very modest dresser and she made sure that Zephyr always dressed modestly as well. Like most teenagers, Zeph did rebel against those restrictions, but she wasn't as rebellious as she could have been. As an grown woman, she doesn't dress as fully covered as her mother, but she doesn't wear clothing that is too revealing either.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: Zephyrine might be a tiny package, but her personality could not be considered "small" by any means of the word. She assumes that thanks to her small stature most people first think of her as the stereotypical wall flower. Shy, quiet, unassuming, not one to cause any sort of commotion if she can help it, but that's not a good description of her. She's not a bull in a china shop either though, but she can come off as a little strong, leaning on bossy. The only time she likes to be in charge is when there are no better choices than her.

She isn't known for being super social, but she is amiable to just about everyone she meets. To the people she considers friends she becomes very protective of them. There are times when she goes a bit too far and ends up being a bit suffocating. Zephyr will even throw fists for her friends if need be. This has happened once before and the friend she stood up for had not asked her to.

Every since she was able to learn, Zeph has always had an ample amount of curiosity. Didn't really matter the subject, she could plant her nose in any book and be happily entertained for hours. While her curiosity has yet to get her into too much trouble, that doesn't mean she hasn't skirted it once or twice.

Patience is a virtue and not one that Zephyrine possess an abundance in. Which makes her being a weaver a bit harder since no matter what you're making it takes time. Zephyr tends to get too focused on trying to get a project done in one setting and ends up forgetting to do other things, like sleeping. Her impatience also leads her to making stupid mistakes that could be avoided if she didn't care about taking a bit longer instead of rushing to get things done. There's been many projects she's had to undo hours of work on because of a mistake she made and didn't catch. Her stubbornness can be quite a nuisance to those trying to get her to do something or change her mind, but sometimes that stubbornness turns into perseverance and helps her get through terrible times.

HISTORY
FAMILY:
  • Father ~ Zeffrem
  • Mother ~ Justeena
  • Older Sister ~ Esmee
  • Older Brother ~ Jemry
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: n/a
BIRTHPLACE: Southern Boll Hold
HISTORY: Zephyrine was a complete surprise to her parents. They had two children, a boy and a girl, and was content with no more. Then, one day, Justeena came to her husband with some news... she was pregnant again. The pregnancy was not an easy one for her mother, so it was no surprise that the delivery wasn't easy either. Zephyrine is born a very tiny baby. They were afraid with how small she was her health would suffer, but that never happened. Zephyrine remained a tiny healthy child.

Zephyrine's younger turns were pretty uneventful. She was the baby and did she ever eat up that roll. Being tiny and cute got you things and she learned how to wrap people around her little finger with her cuteness. Her older brother, Jemry, was especially tied tight around her little finger. She followed him around like a shadow everywhere he went unless it was somewhere that she couldn't go with him. When she turned ten turns old she began to apprentice as a weaver. Her older sister was a weaver and her parents encouraged her to become one as well. Truthfully, she would have rather been a beastcrafter like her brother, but it wasn't something her heart was completely set on. Besides, she honestly did like to do things like knitting, crochet, and needlepoint.

Zeph wishes her teenage turns had been as uneventful as her childhood, but that would not be the case. Puberty hit her hard at age thirteen. Where she was hoping that she'd hit a growth spurt, she didn't. She wanted to be shapely like her mother and sister who both had hourglass frames, but that didn't happen either. At least it didn't happen as much as she'd hoped. She has a feminine figure, but she's not the buxom beauty she wanted to be. She also got stuck with terrible acne. To put it mildly, Zeph wasn't the easiest teenager to deal with. A plague sweeps over Pern, but her family is lucky and doesn't fall victim to it.

When Zephyr was fifteen she was viciously attacked by a canine. She was coming home from the butcher's when the starving creature attacked her and knocked her to the ground. That was followed by the worst sounds and pain she'd ever felt in her life. It took what felt like forever for people to manage to get the canine off her. By that time, she was unconscious and they immediately took her to the healers. The injuries she sustained were terrible and mainly located on her head. She had to have several stitches, but the wounds would obviously leave scars. It took a little over two weeks for her to fully heal thanks to the largest, deepest wound becoming infected, but luckily things never got too severe. Even after that time, the new scars were tender to the touch. Since then, Zephyrine began wearing something to cover up her scars. Despite the trauma of being attacked by a starving stray, Eloine isn't afraid of dogs, but she would rather they keep to themselves and she'll keep to herself.

Thankfully, life went back to being uneventful after that. She would be twenty when life would throw her another curveball. She was heading to work when she noticed there was a commotion. She had some time and was curious, so she went to the yard to see for herself. She was excited to see dragons! She's not entirely sure how it happened, but one moment she was standing aside admiring the beasts and the next she had been searched. It was a shock, but she knew immediately that she was going to accept. Her parents weren't so keen on the idea considering everything that the weyrs had been through in the last several turns. Zephyrine wasn't going to change her mind. She wanted to do more in life than weaving and this was her chance. She could be part of something where she knew she was making a difference. Sure, the thought of facing thread head on wasn't the happiest of thoughts, but she knew she could do it.
Last edited by GrayWarden on Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GrayWarden

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:48 pm
  • Link

UPDATES
  • Update goes here!
GrayWarden

Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:13 pm
  • Link

IC Information
What type of candidate is your character: Dragon

What color/s does your character want?: Any, she's just surprised she was searched.
Does your character have any personality preferences or concerns?: Not lazy
Does your character have any other preferences or concerns?: She would prefer a smaller dragon thanks to her size.

OOC Information
If your character is a dual candidate IC, do you have a strong preference on whether they Impress dragon or wher?: n/a

What color(s) are you willing for your character to impress to?: Any of them
Do you want your character to be eligible for gold?: Yes, if one happens to fit her, but don't hold her back for one.
Do you have any personality preferences or concerns?: Honestly, I love a challenge, so don't be afraid to throw me anything. I also love personalities that would be considered weird, eccentric, macabre, etc.
Do you have any other preferences or concerns?: I personally love a foil. Zephyr doesn't want a large dragon, but I would love to make her tiny self have to take care of a larger one.
Why do you think these choice/s would be a good fit?: I don't really have a great answer here. I know you said the more details the better, but I'm honestly that laid-back and will love whatever she gets.

Do you have any preferences about the conditions of your character’s impression?: I love hatching drama and I love torturing my characters. Do with that information what you will.
Are you alright with your character getting hurt? What injury level is acceptable/what should be avoided?: Don't kill her. Anything less than that is green lit. Has it been a bad day and you need to vent? Consider Zephyrine your punching bag and be as evil to her as you wish. Seriously, impress her to a baby and then tragically have that baby die/be killed/etc. Have an angry baby maul her so badly she loses a hand, etc. I'm not saying you HAVE to hurt her, just if you want to go for it.
Are you willing to impress a creature with a mutation/oddity? Anything that should be avoided?: Absolutely I am willing to take an odd baby. I love odd and unique babies.

Is there anything you will ABSOLUTELY NOT accept?: I will love absolutely anything you give her.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux