Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Rumor] Takeover

The tallest peaks of the Weyr. There are frequent watch shifts, day and night. Many are on guard for when Thread falls again. The older Weyrlings occasionally like to race from peak to peak.
Sari
Weyrling

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am

"Rumor has it that Z'osh wants to let Diyarth murder Tuckal and force a takeover of the Weyr!" L'ru declared, his hushed whisper unnecessary considering the fact that he simply turned to the nearest person to him. He just wanted to gossip make outlandish claims based on no evidence inform someone of the TRUTH and the dangers plaguing the weyr.

"Tuckal may be corrupt, but Z'osh is planning a violent takeover! We can't just let this happen! Spread the word, to keep the Weyrwoman safe from Z'osh's evil plots."

After making this statement, he actually got a good look at who he was talking to. No, he hadn't cared about who he was telling this to, at least not while he'd been saying it...
Thread Tracker - Soliloquies
Fort Weyr
Weyrling L'ru of Brown Ghermath
Maze of Garnet Temporaeth
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Candidate Mite
Candidate Thyne

WIP: Zarsteyr of Green Zarssk
WIP: K'me of Green Wadjeth
High Reaches Weyr
A'riga of Bronze Kairaelth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
Weyrling Nova of White Scryth
Candidate Nyrida

WIP: none
Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Makai of Blue Kask & Brown Makaisk
Khera of Green-Blue Khersk
Candidate Viiox

WIP: Pirate Teleka
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:34 am

It was indeed a pity that L'ru hadn't thought to consider his audience, because A'lin was furious. She had not been through what this weyr had put her through to lose Fort's senior queen to her mate. She had not been through several Turns worth of trauma just to fail to protect Tuckal now.

"Over my permanently dead body," she seethed, glaring daggers at the weyrling. "Where did you hear this?" It was very much a demand, not a question.

A'lin needed answers before she went on her crusade. She needed to know if she had to confront just the nominal weyrleader, or if the conspiracy went deeper. It was well known that A'lin was loyal to Tuckal above anyone else. Anyone but her bronze, at least, now that their relationship was repaired.
Sari
Weyrling

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:51 pm

L'ru blinked at the woman's response, and briefly paused to think that maybe he should, at least, be more discerning about who he told his theories to...but he quickly discarded that notion. "It's obvious, isn't it? Tons of people are saying it!" Well, he'd heard one person say it, at the very least, and he'd said it, and now A'lin had said it. Pshh, that was enough to count as a significant minority, right? "Word has it that he's out to destroy Tuckal, or at least usurp her. Probably violently. But you didn't hear it from me, right? I would rather not be next on his list."

"He sees her as a problem! And I know why..." L'ru, who was talking quite a bit, offered a sly grin. "It's because...she's too smart for him. She's constantly outmaneuvering him. She's a step ahead, so...we really shouldn't worry, I guess. She probably is already ready."

Was this weyrling stupid? He seemed oblivious to A'lin's anger and demands, and if anything, it seemed to spur him on. Yeah! Righteous anger! He could get behind that! (So long as he didn't realize that some degree was being aimed at him.)
Thread Tracker - Soliloquies
Fort Weyr
Weyrling L'ru of Brown Ghermath
Maze of Garnet Temporaeth
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Candidate Mite
Candidate Thyne

WIP: Zarsteyr of Green Zarssk
WIP: K'me of Green Wadjeth
High Reaches Weyr