Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Cold Night Watch [Open]

The tallest peaks of the Weyr. There are frequent watch shifts, day and night. Many are on guard for when Thread falls again. The older Weyrlings occasionally like to race from peak to peak.
Tyto
Weyrling

Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Cold Night Watch [Open]

Standing beside Kinnirath, B'lak huddled close to the warmth radiating from his dragon, arms bundled tight to his body, scarf wrapped around his neck and hood of his heavy winter riding jacket pulled up to cover his head. Even still, he puffed out thick clouds of breath, shivering loud enough to be heard. "W-wh-why do you s-still l-like nn-nnn-ight sh-shifts in the w-winter? It-t-t's ss-s-so cold," he asked his dragon aloud through chattering teeth. At the moment they were the only two he could see up on the fireheights, but he hadn't done a lot of looking around in the last few minutes, mostly just trying to not freeze his backside off.

The sky is beautiful tonight, she answered simply, calmly-whirling eyes focused upward. She seemed to have no problem with her rider practically wedging himself against her belly to seek out her warmth, a little blob of brown on her red belly-hide as she sat on her haunches. Look at all the wonderful stars.
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:22 pm

It wasn't his watch, but Baptiste was fond of nights like this. Cold as they may be, they were clear and the sky was beautiful. Each star seemed to be that much more visible in the sky on winter nights. He made his way up with Rolth, pausing when he saw the garnet and her rider as well. Or rather, the garnet. He had to actually look for B'lak, finally finding him pressed into Kinnirath's side. He couldn't help but chuckle.

"Need some help? You look cold."
Tyto
Weyrling

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:41 pm

Kinnirath's head swiveled toward the other rider as he approached, though when she saw it was one of their own she turned her gaze back to the stars above. We have a guest, she alerted her rider to avoid having him startled by their approach. Honestly, B'lak probably wouldn't have even noticed them at all had she not said something.

Instead of immeidately greeting them, B'lak chose to keep himself huddled up ther side instead, at least until Baptiste spoke. Then, he shuffled around in place until he faced toward him, peeking out over the edge of his scarf with his arms still hugging his jacket tight to his frame. "I'm n-not s-s-sure how you could help," he replied, "Un-n-nless you can m-make it warm out."
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:02 pm

"Well, if I had that power I don't think I'd be a bluerider." He chuckled good-naturedly. He did tug his scarf off, offering it to B'lak with a smile. "But I can offer this. The cold doesn't bother me much. Plus, it's still warm.

The scarf was, at least. He couldn't say the same for the weather. Rolth followed his rider up, scuffing snow away with his tail so he had a more comfortable place to sit. He was quiet, almost like a sentinel, despite not being on duty.

"Though I think keeping it cold would prevent Thread, at least. As much as you'd hate that."
Tyto
Weyrling

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:47 pm

B'lak eyed the offered scarf for a moment in consideration before reaching out and taking it. "Th-thanks." He loosened his own a little and then tied Baptiste's around him as well. It was helpful, for sure. Still, he continued to shiver a little even with the temporary gift.A little less aggressively, at least.

"The one b-benefit," he laughed softly, still tucked close to his dragon's side. Kinnirath looked at Rolth for a moment, her eyes whirling calmly. Good evening, she greeted him, though only to Rolth--she didn't often speak to other humans. "What brings you out here?" B'lak asked, "It's p-pretty late." It was still a few hours from watch-change, too.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux