Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Civility Is Not Kindness [Shelb]

Everyone needs a place to lay their head at night, right?
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:05 pm

Civility Is Not Kindness [Shelb]

For all intents and purposes, Akechi was being oddly good natured. He was good at it, faking kindness with all the stuck up bronzeriders Z'osh had put in charge. In the privacy of his own weyr, though, he was cursing the lot of them. He grit his teeth as he stalked back after dinner, letting Cordaeth's voice soothe the worst of his frayed nerves.

Lost in his head, he didn't notice his proximity to another rider until their shoulders bumped together. He had to take a good few moments to beat back the urge to snap at them. After all, it was his fault. And Faranth forbid he anger the wrong person-

"Ah, Haru." Now he almost wished he had snapped at her. He didn't much enjoy the greenrider's company. He could behave, though. He'd been behaving ever since he got here. "My apologies. I didn't notice you."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:15 pm

Haru had not noticed the other, though she had been questioning if Z'osh was really doing good. She had heard a lot of people complaining and, while she did not originally have reason to question him, she was starting to doubt herself.

However, as Akechi bumped into her shoulder, she let out a surprised gasp and turned to the other. Oh great. She really did not get along well with Akechi, only speaking politely to him. However, he could give her perception about the weyr, now that she thought about it.

"Oh no, it's my fault, Akechi. I did not realize you were next to me either."
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:04 am

"No harm done." He tilted his head in a disarming manner, but he didn't have the energy for a well crafted fake smile, or any sort of cheerful politeness. She would have to settle for him being cordial. All he wanted to do was get back to his weyr and sleep. Or, well, if he could even fall asleep. Maybe it was worth it to waste a few more moments with idle conversation, so he wouldn't wake up before the sun.

He wondered if she even knew how bad things were at the moment. She seemed far too content with things for that to be the case. At least Haru was easy to read, in that regard. Wearing her heart on her sleeve was a bit of an understatement...

"You seem content. I assume you've settled in nicely then?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux