Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Touching] Infinite Dreams

A large, hot, sandy cavern that opens to the sky. There are stone seats and large ledges for humans and dragons to come watch the events.
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:32 pm
  • Link

Bronson - touching the Wild Wanderer egg

Faranth, what was going on with these eggs? Bronson jerked his hand back. This egg was just a little one, who did it think it was trying to bite a bronzerider? He thought about kicking it, but...well, Serapheth might bite him over that, and her teeth could do a lot more damage than the mental ones on this egg. He was almost tempted to believe that Serapheth was to blame for so many nasty eggs in this clutch, but then that would mean that his bronze was somehow defective too, and that couldn't possibly be the case. Maybe Serapheth just made particularly aggressive whites, greens, and blues. He would be too, if he was born as one, in fairness, considering how much lesser they were than the other colors. Yes, that must be it.

And if he ended up standing at the back of the hatching, it wouldn't be because he was hiding from those nastier hatchlings, it'd just be because he wanted to be sure the dim-witted, violent little things could actually find their people easily.

He tried to put that egg out of his mind, but he made a point of giving it a wide berth the rest of the time he spent on the sand. Pretending to ignore it existed, he made his way over to the Wild Wanderer egg and held out his hands to it. He hesitated to touch it, not wanting to get a draconic will shoved at him again, nor to have this one snarl and snap, but he also couldn't be seen to be afraid of the littler eggs, so with a burst of bravery, he brought his hands down on the shell and braced himself.

Heiro - touching the Bewitching Dame egg

Heiro smiled at the brown egg under her hands. "You're a breath of fresh air," she assured it. "Exactly as I hoped. Perfectly lovely. I hope your rider appreciates you." She pulled her attention away from it - much as she'd have liked to stay in the relaxing air that egg gave off - and moved on to the next egg. The Bewitching Dame egg was quite large, but the dam had given it a very feminine name. Large females that weren't golds tended to be garnets, and Heiro wondered how Serapheth seemed so certain of this egg's contents and so unsure about the others. Still, that didn't matter terribly much in that moment.

She placed her hands on the purple shell. "Good day," she said to the egg. "My name is Heiro. I'm a candidate for your hatching. It's an honor to be here and to meet you. Your mother seems to think you'll be a girl, and a captivating one. It'll be interesting to see if you live up to this impression." She hadn't meant the pun, but...well, it had been said, might as well let it stand.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Windra
Wingrider

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:18 pm
  • Link

Candidate Liurnia
Touching Bubbling Brew

"Aww, lookit you!" Liurnia mock-gasped, holding back her arms in a wide stance as if to 'make way' for the grandeur this egg was giving off. "Big and tough, ain'cha? But kinda ... " She leaned in, rubbing a sandy spot off its shell with a very determined set to her jaw. "Not bad? Seem nice. Maybe ya aren't all ... like ... noise and thunder with no substance. So that's something."

She really couldn't be sure. Liurnia liked most of the eggs she'd come across by this point and was particularly fond of the Spare. But every time one was nice to her, it gave the harper pause.

Liurnia stood and glanced about. She cast her eyes briefly to Bronson and gave him a look that said, 'you freaking stink', then trudged over to an unusual shell indeed.

"Now you remind me of tall tales about people livin' in the mountains or the wastes, castin' spells on unknowing holderfolk for their own gains. What kinda potion you brewin'?" And she touched its shell.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:25 am
  • Link

Candidate Costanza - Touching Relaxing Respite

Costanza drew his hand away from the Spare, not sure what to feel from the egg's own swirling emotions. Sure, he had been given a greeting, but he didn't want a dragon that was just as a mess of emotions as he was. He politely backed away from the egg, deciding to move on to the next one.

As he walked over to the next of the medium eggs, he adjusted his hair a bit. He didn't appreciate being called "baldy" when his hair was only thinning. Just thinning!

He decided to continue moving along the medium eggs, going for the Relaxing Respite next. That sounded like exactly the sort of egg he needed right now to calm his nerves. He gently placed his palm against the brown shell. "Hey there, you're a breath of fresh air, aren't you? I'm Costanza, it's nice to meet you."

Candidate Aneesa - Touching the Spare Egg

Aneesa was late, very, very late. On her way to the hatching sands, one of the weyrfolk had asked for help carrying supplies to the kitchens. She couldn't just say no to someone who needed assistance, so after hauling several bags of grain, she was rushing to the sands, sweat dripping from her brow as she jogged through the weyr.

Outside of the sands, she quickly brushed at the skirt of her dress and wiped the sweat from her face. This was her first chance to make a good impression with the Queen Gold, after all. She quickly spun on her heel and walked confidently onto the sands. The heat from the ground made her sweat more, and she just hoped it wasn't too noticeable.

She bowed deeply in front of the gold. I apologize for my tardiness. Thank you for allowing us to touch your eggs, Serapheth. Not waiting for a response, she turned to the eggs and debated which she should touch.

The egg that stood out most to her was the one that was trying to not stand out at all. The Spare Egg, with its plain white shell immediately seemed like a wallflower that didn't want to fight its siblings for attention. She confidently strode over to the egg and placed a hand on it, like they had been instructed to do.

"Hi there, little egg. I'm Aneesa. All of this is so new to me, I just got to the weyr, you see. Maybe we can figure out this whole thing together, once you hatch. I'm sure you're going to be a fine dragon. I'm excited to meet you."
EW-NA
Wingleader

Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:35 pm
  • Link

Tygirtaull - Touching the Ice Wall Egg
--

After having such charm wash over him, Tygir's face pulled up quite smugly. Not from the egg's reaction to him, but moreso that it seemed he was correct. Clearly his thought process was proven true: the bigger of the eggs was clearly better. Atleast compared to the last one. None of these interactions had yet to give much of a personal bias yet. He'd been over-hearing the casual talk and mumblings from his fellow classmates as he passed, and a lot of them seemed convinced that one egg or the other would surely be their own.

Tygir wasn't that much of a sucker though.

Even if a majority of the eggs he'd touched gave off reasonably 'good vibes', not a single one gave hint that they would 'indisputably, unquestionably choose him out of everyone else'. Fine by him though, as he was sure his own vibes were projecting what he was wanting and should get. It'd be nice if he could -see- his dragon (or wher, he guessed) before the whole bond-thing was finalized, but that's not how it worked. (Biggest bummer ever!) Afterall, it was simply bad practice to just agree to something before getting to look it over – clothing, goods, why not dragons or whers?

Well, whatever – he might as well try and touch all the eggs in the clutch. Maybe they did actually let candidates know if they would actually pick them or not. Tygirtaull wasn't going to take the word from any in his class! He'd only believe it, if he came to the conclusion himself.

So, by choice of his own design, Tygir moved to the Ice Wall. Very big, and very blue. Blue was an all-right color, in his book, so quickly set his hands over it. “The big eggs are proving pretty good. You better than the small ones?”

Of course, everyone interpretation of 'better' was pretty different.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux