Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Hatching] A Million Marks and a Dream

A large, hot, sandy cavern that opens to the sky. There are stone seats and large ledges for humans and dragons to come watch the events.
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:13 pm
  • Link

Heiro - Aneesa

Heiro nodded when Aneesa told her to let her know which ones were the problem children, biting her lip slightly. She was hesitating. "Well...I mean, I don't like to speak ill of anyone but you're right, it makes sense to give you fair warning...the Beast's Stripes certainly didn't seem particularly friendly. Most people got a...aggressive response from it. And the Wild Wanderer...it wasn't aggressive, exactly, but most people didn't get a very clear response from it. I don't think it'll be friendly, assuming it hatches at all. I mean, I hope it does, obviously, but I could see that one being less than pleasant. The others seemed kind enough, though."

Heiro smiled at Aneesa. "I don't want you to get hurt any more than any of the other candidate, though," she said in response to being told to leave the bitey ones to her. "I'm not going to pull you between me and a dragonet if it decides to charge me, Aneesa. But...well, I promise I won't try to jump between you and a dragonet either, as long as you agree to do the same."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth | Going Merry (flit)
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Weyrling Br'on of Green Mesomelath | Apolline (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk | Dog (flit)
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Diamond of Garnet Hyliath | Spessartine Skud (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Windra
Wingsecond

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:24 pm
  • Link

A'ksei of Blue Amishuth - @ Safrey

Oh, she was such a sweet little thing. Delicate, words no more flowery than her appearance. A'ksei imagined himself a stud swooping in to cart her off her feet. "A rose could not hold radiance against your face, my dear. You are far more stunning." His voice was low, bristling as a soft brush that was too satin to pull strands from the head. A'ksei offered a hand and a cheekish grin. Wherhandlers held such a stigma nowadays, but they were folk all the same. Charming. Beautiful. Amazing individuals. He failed to see what all the fuss was about. "I am A'ksei. Part of the Sentinels class. My bonded is Amishuth - quite the flagrant charmer, as you could tell."

His free hand was used to brush a low of auburn hair from his face. It transformed into a fluid-like gesture to point into the air above the Hatching Grounds where a myriad of winged beasts sat in attendance. Amishuth made himself known with a long, low, pleasant warble. His eyes took on a rosy hue, wedge-head dipping to display the aurora of blue hues that took on extravagant sheens in the glow surrounding them.

A pleasure to meet you, he hummed smoothly. I am always keen to make the acquaintance of such a pretty lass.

A'ksei leaned in an whispered, "He is a bit of a sucker for the ladies." Passed silently between dragon and rider was the acknowledgment that the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. "It's a shame your Freysk can't be in attendance. I'm eager to see what she looks like - as incandescent as you, I would assume! However, considering Serapheth's less-than-cozy upbringing and Fort's somewhat unpleasant history, I suppose the rules are well-meaning, if in need of adjustment in light of modern times. Of course if it would cause your wher distress to be around the tumult, I suppose it's best she rest where she is."

He thought back to the day Amishuth's egg cracked, whereupon the blue presented himself to them - to him, specifically. There had been quite a few women on the Sands who were certain he'd been meant for them, as he was a flattering creature even before the shell burst. Quite the surprise when the blue found then-Aleksei instead.

"That would have been Ustreilith's clutch that bore Amishuth," he recalled. "Not much violence but for a brown that bit a candidate, much like the one down there did. Quite a few got knocked down by dragonettes, and most of that was pretty vindictive. Do whers have such eventful hatchings as this?"
Calingaladha
Candidate

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:25 pm
  • Link

Garnet Alubrath

With her rider drowning in embarassment over...something she did, she didn't quite understand it, Alubrath had more of her attention on the hatchlings. Or, more specifically, their shells. Maybe she could just...crane her head far enough to grab some.

It was a sight, the bubblegum pink dragon trying her best to stretch and snatch a treasure from the sand. From where she was perched, too far to even come near touching them, it looked more like she was engaged in some weird exercise.

I can...almost...reach them.

Spoiler: She could not.
Fort Weyr

Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:27 pm
  • Link

The Relaxing Respite egg rocked gently, but not without purpose, like the hypnotic rhythm of a hammock swaying in the breeze. And then it cracked, slowly and deliberately, a dragonet calming peeking her head out from the shell, before peeling herself free.

Another green, this one as richly colored as the living forest many a northerner will never see, her hide holding the yellowy green of new growth; the true green of the leaves and the darker color of the wood's shadows. She was large for her color, with long legs, and a slender, deer-like build.

She peered around from the wreckage of her shell, not sitting idle, but not in any particular hurry either.

Her eyes lingered on each candidates face but she gave no one any more notice than any other, until she reached Fujin.

Her eyes glowed with rainbows, as she took her first steps, knowing already exactly where she was going, Ah- there you are, Fujin. Nice to meet you. I'm Sativuth. Breathe- everything is going to be alright now.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
Tyto
Weyrleader

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:32 pm
  • Link

Candidate Asch - Open

As each new pair was made, Asch joined the polite applause. He wasn't particularly close to any of them, so he didn't have any real friends left in the ranks of Candidates, but it was mostly because he was just... not very social. But that also meant he wasn't incredibly invested in any one person over another, so it wasn't like he was going to start cheering loudly. He could hear the other Candidates around him talking to each other, but didn't try to join in.

Kylan of Brown Logariuth - Open

Kylan stood with some of the other healers, arms folded over their chest. They sighed, moving one hand to rub over their face, applying a gentle pressure to their eyes. Hatchings could be so unpredictable--they either walked away with no injuries, or spent the next few days or even sevendays taking care of some unfortunate Candidate--or Weyrling--who had been in the wrong place at the wrong time for a dragonet. Their eyes swept the sands, looking for new problems arising. Other than one of the newly-Impressed Weyrlings screaming about their new dragon, they didn't see anything particularly important.

In the back of their mind, they felt Logariuth from his perch elsewhere in the Grounds. These two will be tedious... Kylan barely suppressed their smile. Consider it lucky we only have to deal with them when they get hurt, then. There was a pause, as if the brown hadn't expected his rider to respond before simply rumbling out, Mm...

They shook their head at their dragon's commentary, then glanced over toward where they had last seen Kouichi. He seemed engaged in conversation with Actaeon, yet another of the healers. For a moment, they considered inviting themself into the conversation, but reconsidered quickly. It would be rude to just butt in.
MothyCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:46 pm
  • Link

Candidate Fujin of Green Sativuth - Bede, impression post

Fujin snorted a bit and stuck his tongue out playfully, "Relax. Even if that dragon doesn't go to you, you're still probably going to impress one day." He smirked a bit at the other, laughing softly as one dragon got herself intwined with his legs.

As the Relaxing Respite egg hatched, the candidate smiled faintly. Good, she looked like a nice and calm dragon. She didn't seem to give anyone any mind as she approached him and Bede. He playfully elbowed the other, smirking gently as he spoke, "Well, it looks like I was right. Congratula- eh?" Fujin blinked a bit as the dragon turned her head to him and he saw the rainbows on his eyes.

Oh.
Oh.
Oh Shards.

He took a deep breath, looking at his dragon, who made herself clear her name was Sativuth, and Bede, "Excuse me, one moment." He walked a bit off before shouting at the top of his lungs.

"HA! I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG, MOM! I DID BECOME A DRAGONRIDER!"

Well, that was certainly one reaction to being proven right. Sativuth looked at Bede, speaking calmly, "Greetings, you and my chosen seem to get along." As Fujin returned, she looked back at him.

"Shall we join the other weyrlings, Fujin? I am quite hungry and your outburst was quite alarming." Fujin coughed a bit, his cheeks a faint red color.

"Yeah, let's go." He began to walk over, grabbing a bucket of meat and moving to sit down away from the others.
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Weyrling Fujin of Green Sativuth
Candidate Loek
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Kyros of Blue Callioth (Minuet Wing)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Gale of Blue Galsk (Chopin Squad)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Shamura of Green Murask (Requiem Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Weyrling Wr'ion of Blue Sameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:49 pm
  • Link

Ronnie of White Onisk and Brown Osk - Elyron

Ronnie nodded. "Yes, I understand that's what weyrlingmasters are for, to help the young ones find their way with their new partners. There are days where I envy the wherhandlers who were born here at Fort, who got that chance to be mentored in that way. But Onisk was an easy enough bond, I suppose it was hardly necessary."

She did a subtle double-take when the man said that Fort was better run than High Reaches. "It is certainly run differently," she agreed diplomatically. "Fort is more traditionally minded, to be sure. But that has never much mattered for whers, has it? And a dragon was simply never an option for me, so it was never something I had any need to form strong opinions on, although I must say that there are certainly benefits to a government run democratically or through merit, but one can just as easily find merit in the stability of having a single goldrider as a consistent authority figure the way that the traditional Weyrs do." Pros and cons to each, there was no reason to rag on one over the other.

She arched an eyebrow at his question - which bordered on rude - but she decided to be magnanimous. "They have so far, but I am not so naive as to believe that this might always be the case. After all, I haven't had to ask anything difficult of them yet, but should that ever be the case, I have no intention of letting them believe they can get away with ignoring me and by extension my fellow wherhandlers. They need us as much as we need them, after all, and I am not afraid to ensure they are well aware of that fact." There was a steeliness in her eyes and tone that might be surprising to some.
Fort
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
Candidate Hamuntep
Kitarial
Candidate

Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:58 pm
  • Link

Candidate Bede - Fujin

One of the newly hatched dragonets twined around Bede’s legs for a moment, and he thought his heart stopped until they moved on and chose someone else. “I hope you’re right,” he said softly, watching as the next egg hatched. Once again, they were approached by a dragonet, and this time, one of them did impress - but it wasn’t Bede.

The green knew what she wanted, and it was Fujin she’d chose. Fujin hadn’t realized that for a moment, congratulating Bede, before realizing it wasn’t actually Bede who’d impressed. Bede winced at Fujin’s loud shout, but offered both the other boy and Sativuth a grin. “Nice to meet you, Sativuth. Congratulations to you both,” he replied, and then looked to Fujin as he returned.

“Well then, dragonrider, go feed your new bonded, yeah?” he teased, watching as the pair did eventually walk off together. His congratulations was probably the most sincere one he’d given all night, and the blonde watched his… friend? Could they be considered friends? Walk off with a smile. He just hoped he’d impress, too.
Last edited by Kitarial on Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
N’mi of Green Yuiryth
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:01 pm
  • Link

Candidate Costanza - Mithras

"I don'tthink the clothes matter much to the dragons. I mean, they sense something inside their riderto be, right? Let mewear something more comfortable and less outlandish." He replied.

Then the bronze hatched, shimmering and strong. He approached Costanza, giving him a long consideration. Costanza wasn't sure if he should be happy to be picked, or panicking over a bronze. Bronzeriders were supposed to be leaders and strong, he didn't want that. He wanted to be a grunt, the sort that sort that would go unnoticed by the masses. But he would go extra unnoticed if he didn't impressat all. Was it better to have a dragon he didn't want? Or be doomed to suffer the life of a drudge?

Oh please don't pick me, he thought to himself, deciding what side of his internal debate to fall in. There were still eggs after all.

As if the dragon heard his thoughts (it might have, they were telepathic, right?) it moved onand selected another candidate. Costanza felt immediate regret. He should have wantedwhat was being presented to him! Maybe if the dragon had sensed he was wanted, he would have chosen Costanza instead.

As he watched what should have been his bronze saunter to the feeding area, he sighed. The anxiety was building again, twisting his stomach in knots. He clutched his midsection as he tried to focus on something other than the churning remains of his lunch.

"My dragon? I guess I want a nice one. Nothing too ambitious. Say, do you think they'd let me stand an extra turn or two after I technically age out? I clearly have potential."

_______

Candidate Aneesa - Heiro

Aneesa nodded as Heiro went over the potential problem eggs. She would keep an eye on them, make sure they didn't go after the other candidates with claws or teeth. "Oh yeah, I think I remember some of the other candidates expressing concern over those eggs." She wasn't entirely confident that was actually the case, but Heiro seemed to know what she was talking about.

"Well, if you're sure you don't want me to jump between you and a dragon, I will respect that. It would be a shame for someone as pretty as you to get roughed up though. " She said with a smile. Maybe some flattery would get the girl to reconsider her stance. And if not, at least Aneesa was going to shoot her shot with someone who was nice and considerate of others.
MothyCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:18 pm
  • Link

Kouichi of Green Kuzoth - Actaeon (mentions Kylan)

Kouichi looked at Actaeon as he asked and offered a friendly smile, "Actually, no,m I lived in a cothold outside of Southern Boll. I did my training as a dragonhealer there as well." He could remember that day clearly.

It was even just after graduation where he had been searched and taken to Fort Weyr. He hadn't honestly expected that to happen, but so many things had changed. He was a skilled dragonhealer now, working in a team with others like him even during Threadfall. Along with this, he had a wonderful weyrmate.

Speaking of said weyrmate, he noticed the other looking at him and a part of him wanted to invite Kylan to the conversation. However, he didn't want to appear rude to the other, smiling at Actaeon.

"What about you? Were you born in Fort Weyr?"
Fort
Candidate Loek
High Reaches
Candidate Inosuke
Semaca
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:19 pm
  • Link

The Beast's Stripes Egg wasn't interested in waiting around. With barely a sign of warning, the egg exploded, shards flying across the sands.

A blue! A big, burly, muscular bruiser of a blue, that seemedbuilt for a fight, with teeth just a bit too big and sharp for the sensible person's comfort. He had a rounded nose and broad wings. The top of his body was a deep navy, striped with a grey-ish turquoise, that runs down his legs. His underbelly was a pale blue.

He bared his teeth and snarled, loudly enough to be heard across the sands. He barreled towards the candidates, eyes whirling red and teeth bared. His fangs first found the bottom of Tygir's robe, tearing a large strip off. Cloth still in his mouth, he charged towards Heiro, knocking her aside with a swipe of his claws, as he snapped at Aneesa's arm.

When he whirled towards his next victim, the candidate met the hatchling's attack with a firm shove back. The blue, started and off-balance, toppled over, before looking up at the candidate with rainbows in his suddenly eyes, as he let out a pathetic whimper.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:28 pm
  • Link

Candidate Neidellah

A bronze, at last. One who was much more tame than some of his clutchmates, who walked down the line and judged each other them until he found his match. Then, another cat-like green (how odd that it had happened twice in one hatching), and finally-

Ah. She remembered this egg. She held her breath as the shell exploded. The burly blue inside was similarly violent, shoving some and biting others, but finding his own in a candidate that readily met his charge. That was... disappointing. Maybe she had hoped the egg that had reacted positively to her would result in an impression, but, well, clearly that hadn't happened. There were still plenty of eggs on the sand yet, but who could blame her for being a little disheartened?
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:33 pm
  • Link

Heiro - Aneesa

CW: Blood

Heiro smiled encouragingly at Aneesa when she agreed that she'd heard people talking about them. The whirlwind of months before a hatching were a lot to take in, so it was understandable that she hadn't necessarily remembered the conversations that had happened after the touching. Details tended to slip through the cracks.

She was wholly unprepared for the other candidate to flirt with her, though, and stared at Aneesa, blinking rapidly in her surprise, a blush rising to her cheeks. She thought Heiro was pretty?

She was entirely unprepared for the angry, aggressive dragonet to barrel into them, so caught up in her own surprise. The claws of the dragon caught her in the side, gouging her more deeply than they would've if she'd actually been paying attention to her surroundings, and she let out a cry of pain as she was knocked aside by that swipe. For a moment, she was only dazed, not feeling any pain, but all at once her brain caught up with her body and she felt...bad. She had enough presence of mind to press her hand to her side, bunching her robes up as she did to press into the gouges to stem the bleeding as much as she could.

She needed a healer. She was going to call for a healer. As soon as she found her tongue. It was...somewhere in her mouth, surely...why wasn't it responding to what she wanted it to do?
Fort
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
Candidate Hamuntep
EW-NA
Wingleader

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:38 pm
  • Link

Candidate Tygirtaull - (Edited as I initially misread; phone posting)
--

The next to hatch was a mellow green. He wouldn't have said the most mellow of the bunch. The winner of that prize would undoubtedly be the first Blue from way earlier. Born to nap.

Frankly, Tygir was happy those types of dragons went elsewhere. He wasn't interested in bonding with something that would just lay around all day. Do nothing but smell the flowers. Dull Dull Dull!

Now the next dragon was absolutely more his style! Those stripes!! Those teeth! It was clearly a Blue that knew their stuff! Tygirtaull watched in glee as the newly hatched creature torpedoed around and barreling into people. Right into him!!

Just barely, by some miracle. In a flash of red eyes and white teeth, Tygirtaull had just enough time to instinctually jerk back, letting the dragonet nab only his ruined robe. As if it didn't need more of a beating, the cloth tore in an agonizing rip, leaving the end in shreds. Not that it mattered, the thing was ugly to start- best excuse to toss it away when this was over

If he made it through this hatching, though Tygir was decidedly not thinking that. Not at all!

The Blue scratched one candidate and latched into the arm of another. He only seemed to stop when one final candidate gave them a push back.

Of course, that candidate wasn't Tygir, so the vicious little beast went off to another. Disappointed again, but at least this one wasn't so bad. Only in his eyes though, to everyone else - quite debatable!

Tygir only glanced a sneered frown over his shoulder. As he sustained no injury, he didn't think things so bad. These people weren't used to things biting them clearly!

Resigned to wait again...
Last edited by EW-NA on Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MothyCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:52 pm
  • Link

Candidate Loek - Asch

Loek finally noticed his older brother and grinned, beginning to run over, "Asch! There you are!" He had a large grin on his face, moving to wrap his arm around his brother's shoulders, "This has been an interesting hatching so far, huh?" Loek was trying to talk to him, a smile on his face.

Honestly, outside of classes, they really didn't get to spend a lot of time together and Loek knew he could be annoying at times, but Faranth damned, he was at least trying! He looked at the other with a soft smile.

He truly did love his brother, even if he was annoying at times.
Fort
Candidate Loek
High Reaches
Candidate Inosuke
Semaca
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux