Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Hatching] A Million Marks and a Dream

A large, hot, sandy cavern that opens to the sky. There are stone seats and large ledges for humans and dragons to come watch the events.
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:11 pm
  • Link

Candidate Kee Tag: Br'on

Kee, who had been about to ask Bronson how he could possibly know he was going to be a bronzerider when everyone knew that wasn't at all how it worked, was distracted from her question by the hatching of a rather beautiful brown. Her mother's dragon was a brown; did she really want to be like that woman?

He also looked grumpy, which wasn't unexpected for hatchlings. It was an unfortunate reality. Alexander had bitten her a few times as a kitten. Several times, maybe. Why would she expect any different. So though she was a little horrified by the way he lunged at Bronson, she didn't panic. Practicing his hunting skills, like a wild cat. She couldn't blame him. And the way he wobbled around while he tried to march was just... adorable. He even nudged at her! But he didn't choose her. Oh well.

The second dragon to hatch, a green, was also a little angry. Cute and small and angry. She rushed around chomping people, and then Bronson's robe.

"Oh! Congratulations!" she cheered, grinning at him. Clearly he had not actually known he was going to be a bronzerider. People thought that all the time. She'd known plenty of children in the creche who thought they were going to ride gold someday. He'd get over it. They all did. Even if he was currently throwing a temper tantrum. "Nothing wrong with greens, silly!" she called as he left for the meat buckets.

Candidate Spensa Tag: Br'on

TW: Blood

Spensa stared avariciously as the first dragon to hatch was a beautiful brown. That egg hadn't given her the most ringing endorsement, true, but that noble bearing, the way he marched toward the Candidates... and then he bit Bronson. And oh yes, he was perfect for her. He even walked to her, nudging at her.

And then he chose another girl. REALLY? How could Liurnia possibly ever deserve the sort of dragon with the good sense to bite Bronson?

"You should have gotten out of his way, dimglow!" she called over to him while standing on tiptoe, then settled back to wait for the next egg. Tiny. Not a brown. Therefore not particularly interesting. Sure enough, a green hatched. And then she rampaged.

Spensa tried to move out of the way of her bite, but there was another Candidate in her way--why was everyone packed in so close anyway?!--and jerked her arm back, only for the little thing to open her jaws and bite down again. Okay on second thought, this green was great. She got ready to tackle the hatchling, to prove to all the world that she could wrestle a dragon... but the green dashed off before she could do so.

Dashed off to Impress to Bronson. A wide grin spread across her face, and she cheered loudly, her bleeding forearm completely forgotten. It wasn't that bad anyway, deep enough to bleed noticeably but it would stop on its own in several minutes.

"Bronson the greenrider!" she yelled over, waving. It wasn't exactly fair though. He got the dragon that bit her, why couldn't she have had the one that bit him? She deserved that dragon! "How does it feel to have a dragon who knows the true meaning of the glory of combat? And you mocked me for biting! She has tasted the blood of her enemies!" Any normal person would have been offended to be included in that word, "enemies". Spensa, however, was certainly not normal.
Femisis
Wingleader

Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:14 pm
  • Link

Candidate Izumi- Tag Timon, Nielle, Rekka, mention B'ron

"You kind of are, but we love you anyway," Izumi teased, gently ribbing Timon in the side. "You're not getting rid of us that easily." He really was fond of Timon, and any friend of his friend was a friend of his (He could stand to be a little more selective, but that was a problem for a different day). They all cared about him, though, and that's what mattered. Oh, and the hatching, but who was keeping track?

"Oof, this batch is pretty bloodthirsty..." He commented with a wince, though he couldn't help but bark a laugh at B'ron's "misfortune". "Eesh, I don't think I've ever seen anyone that upset about Impressing, have any of you?" He felt bad for the the Green for a moment, but then she made her declaration and grandeur and he that moment passed. "They deserve each other." Izumi said, massaging the bridge of his nose as he felt a headache brewing. This was going to be a rough one...
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth | Kojaku
Byleth of Brown Gilgath
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Jushiro of Brown Kotowarith
Megumi of Blue Zoth
Akira of Green Auruth | Kukuri
Gaelio of Green Vacuouth | Kimaris
Li'dyn of Green Vairrianth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith | Heavyarms
Remy of Blue Resk
Weyrling Izumi of Green Xith
High Reaches Weyr
Hong'lu of Bronze Gerauth
Izuku of Bronze Xistanorth
Hitoshi of Blue Telliuth | Riot
Keith of Blue Shinadoth | Romelle
Shouto of Green Drivith | Mnythri
V'dar of Green Liralith
Adaman of Blue Adamansk | Dialga
Juniper of Green Junipesk
Weyrling Saruhiko of Green Neneth
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Chrom of Garnet Joth | Stahl Zozi
Le'na of Garnet Jeroth
Lio of Garnet Shisenitath | Ringtail
Minato of Blue Charoth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:18 pm
  • Link

Heiro - Aneesa

"I don't think all hatchings are like this?" Heiro said, her voice hitching up at the end as the violence seemed determined to continue. "What is going on? At least one of those eggs was perfectly lovely at the touching, I dont' understand why it'd bite someone." The other one, the green, that one she could understand. That egg had been...less than pleasant.

She fidgeted slightly with her robe, watching the eggs continue to wobble. "Do you think we should move closer to the front? Just to make sure none of the younger candidates get hurt?" Heiro was more than willing to throw herself between older candidates and rampaging dragonets as well, but most people didn't feel that way. Most people were far more willing to protect younger people than those older than them, which Heiro simply couldn't understand. Everyone deserved safety and protection, regardless of their age. Why were hatchings conducted like this when everyone knew how dangerous the young ones could be? Surely there must've been a better way?

Br'on of Green Mesomelath - Kee, Spensa, Lexien

CW: blood

"Nothing wrong with a...I'm sorry, did you not just see what this thing did?" Br'on demanded of Kee when she called congratulations as he was tugged away. What, was this girl a dimglow?? As he was led away, he heard Spensa's taunts and whipped around, her grating voice enough to pull him out of his tunnel vision. "At least she had the sense to bite you! She has great taste in enemies!" Backwards ideas about who she was meant to impress to, though.

How DARE you speak to me like that? Mesomelath yelled at Mikazuchith. You have no right to give me orders, none at all! I shall speak as I see fit and eat only when it pleases me! And should I wish to make a scene, you should be grateful that you are allowed to witness my grandeur! She huffed and turned her nose up. Luckily for you, I am beyond ravenous at the moment, or I'd show you the true depths of my ire. Do not test me again.

"It's not a matter of choice, it's a matter of sanity!" Br'on protested. "I mean, she's strutting around like she thinks she's a gold, she's telling off a fully grown dragon, and...come on, do you really think I am supposed to be a greenrider? I mean, obviously they're important, but c'mon...me?" He gestured at the green who was at that moment scrabbling at a bucket of meat, trying to get into it to feed herself in her hunger. "That is not an adjustment, that is an earthquake! A plague! A...a..."

A thousand curses on you if you do not feed me, mortal! Mesomelath roared at Br'on, both mentally and literally. On any other dragon it might've been fiercesome, with the blood of others still on her muzzle, and her eyes swirling in deep red of rage and hunger. On Mesomelath...well, it was strangely adorable. Br'on didn't think so, but he would've been in the minority on that point.

Br'on plucked a chunk of meat out of the bucket and tossed it into the air vaguely in her direction in the barest amount of effort he could muster before turning back to Lexien. "No, I don't need a hug," he snapped, the tears still in his eyes and the blood from his fresh bite seeping through his bandage. He needed a hug, definitely, but he was a man dammit. Men did not need hugs. They also didn't cry or end up bonded to greens, but apparently that was beyond his control. He refused to give in and admit that he wasn't a man. Maybe...maybe if he stood firm about his gender, the green would realize her mistake and find someone else. Yeah. Yeah, that might work, surely. Surely no one else had tried that before, right?
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth | Going Merry (flit)
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Weyrling Br'on of Green Mesomelath | Apolline (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk | Dog (flit)
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Diamond of Garnet Hyliath | Spessartine Skud (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Windra
Wingsecond

Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:34 pm
  • Link

Candidate Weyrling Liurnia L'rnia of Brown Bubovirith - Impression! Also @ Br'on

Oh, what a spicy brown bean!

That thing that came rolling out of Entangled Gems was nothing to forsk around with, for sure! He was positively glaring at the guys. Served 'em right. Spensa was kind of a dick. Bronson ... yeah, definitely. He totally got what was coming, and did not hide the sardonic grin spreading across her wicked features.

"Haha, got 'em!"

While the hatchling wreaked havoc, Liurnia gave herself a moment of respite by glancing about. Her folks were up there in the stands, watching with mixed expressions of horror and awe. And ... of course, the little Spare! She eyed it with hope and great pride, certain it was gonna be something awesome and it was gonna pair off with her!

Another twitch of the face to level her gaze with Mum n' Pop. And they were looking directly at her! Hands over their mouths, surprised and worried and - oh? "Wuzzat?" There was warmth on her side. Soft and warm and gooey. Her hand met it first and drew back with slime. "Euggggghhhh - !"

Oh, shit.

The brown.

Well, well, well, I think this is it. The thought was clear as day, penetrating her thoughts. A cloud of gray parted to a golden sun bedazzled by diamonds. Yes, you are my choice. That's it, that's final.

"Pardon?"

We are bonded now, L'rnia.

The candidate gave pause. "Liurnia."

L'rnia.

"LEE-urrr-neeeh-aaahhh."

Lrrrrnia.

"Man, fine. Whatevs. I give." She blinked, happily stroking the icky yucky egg-yolk hatchling because he seemed to really enjoy it. But the cogs in her head, they weren't really turning all that well. Pretty slowly. Rusted. After a moment, a glossyness appeared over her eyes. "Ooohhhhh. Shit. You said bonded."

I did. His wings, though encased in goop, gave a flick of pride. Egg slick flung off to land on whoever was unfortunate enough to be close. I am Bubovirith. You are Lr'nia. We're companions now, until the end. But you look like you weren't expecting this?

"I mean, no, I thought ... " She looked longingly at the Spare. The world felt light. Her feet were on clouds. "Guess not, huh?"

My clutch mate will find their own. It's not you. You're Mine.

Lr'nia drew back her hand with a shake to get the ick off. Without a thought, she shrugged off her candidate robe and started wiping some of the muck off the brown. "Ain't gonna need it now I guess, Bubo. Bubby."

Not Bubby. Never Bubby. Rainbow eyes whirled yellow after a moment. His connection to her grew fuzzy. She was breathing heavily, and suddenly quiet. For a Harper, you aren't so chatty when overwhelmed. Most like to talk their way out of anxiety, don't they?

"Not a Harper anymore, you should know that," she bit back with unintentional heat. Lr'nia apologized by way of stroking Bubby's muzzle. "Just uh, don't worry 'bout me. What's next?"

Food, Bubovirith was cynical, a slightly condescending arc occurring in his thoughts. You paid attention in your candidate class, didn't you? Come now, you can do better than this.

Hush it, Lr'nia willed. She turned on her heel, beckoning Bubovirith to join her. The brown found his way to be under her hand and when the not-Candidate started unconsciously walking towards the exit with the aim to return to the barracks, the brown steered her instead to the weyrlingmaster.

You're classmate has found his own, quipped the creature. Two pairs of eyes followed a grimacing Br'on being dragged by a fabulous looking green. My sister, the Queen-to-Be.

"Faranth, this is amazing!" Lr'nia reached for a bucket o' slop but could not take her eyes off the new pair. "Ohhhoooo, I bet you're eating your words now! Suck it, Bronson. But maaaan she's a pretty lil' queen bee." Jeeringly, she grinned. "Lookin' like you gotta rethink your whole philosophy, Br'on."

Bubovirith gave the draconic equivalent of clearing his throat. Lr'nia took little time to stuff it, though she found it hard to control her breathing - and the odd quivering of her vision.
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:48 pm
  • Link

The drama seemed to be ongoing, but that wasn't stopping the eggs. They were shaking, and the Budding Hero broke and burst. A speedy, happy dragonet bounded across the sands with so many emotions and all of them joy.

A green!

She was a green of naturalistic colors, the pale green of new spring green adorned with the darker, richer green of full summer, with a hint of the more yellowed fading greens of autumn on the underside of her wings and backridges. She was an attractive dragon, in a subtler sort of way. She bounded happily to the candidates, oblivious to the drama and the yelling. There were other happy things to do and take care of!

She happily trotted around the candidates, nosing once at Mithras before trotting away, tail swishing back and forth like a happy canine.

However that took her right to Timon.

Hi! Gosh, hi! It's good to finally see you! She proclaimed, her big eyes whirling in bright rainbows as she seemed to tap her front feet on the sands in her excitement.

Two small eggs down out of the three. One brown and two greens. So far so good.

The larger Bewitching Dame was splitting apart next.

-----

Hatched: 3/14
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
Hollow of Brown Bysalth
Ni'all of Brown Calyptrath
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Alphinaud of Green Koth
Playne of Green Iosefkath
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Journeyman Scribe Urianger
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
D'ryu of Bronze Cyroth
Persephone of Green Amauroth
[Brown Bitey] [Blue Paladin]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Majima of Brown Majimask
Weyrling Ke'ro of Green Ossabhath
Candidate Pierrick
Dragonless Time
Journeyman Carpenter/Sailor Wojchek
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Lobelia of Blue Imeterth
Datte of White Tarith
[Green Illium]
Weyrling Zoh'tof Brown Lannith
Lanselot of Brown Selosk
JM Healer Vallauris
[Gold Aether]
Holder Xander
[Bronze Siegfried] [Blue Laslow] [Green Peri]
Wherling Mori of Gold Morsk
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
Candidate Clive
[Gold Phoenix] [Brown Ifrit] [Blue Ramuh]
[Green Garuda] [Green Shiva]
Weyrfolk Daosea
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:57 pm
  • Link

N’mi of Green Yuiryth - Y’olai, Hatching Reactions

N’mi perked up at the questions regarding his weyrmate, and Yuiryth gave the mental equivalent of a sigh. Kushina was N’mi’s favorite topic, and he was full of plenty of praise for the redhead. “Well, besides being gorgeous, she’s the most fierce woman I’ve met! Her temper is legendary, but she’s also so strong! She’s fully capable of throwing me around when we spar, no question. But she’s also kind, and has a lot of love for the Weyr and her squad alike,” he replied to the questions about his weyrmate, though he shook himself out of it after a moment.

Three babies had hatched so far, two of whom were pretty bitey, and he winced. The little green’s declaration was amusing, though, and he cooed over just how cute such a small green was. “Babies are probably the cutest thing ever, except maybe my girls,” he agreed, but then registered the other rider had requested to be called by a nickname. “Sure thing, Yermie!”
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
N’mi of Green Yuiryth
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
MothyCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:01 pm
  • Link

Aoi of Blue Kurabeth - Ryme

Aoi watched with baited breath as the Budding Hero egg hatched into an adorable looking green. He was worried if this dragonet would also be aggressive, but it seemed like she was rather friendly, looking almost like a puppy. He smiled a bit as she impressed without an issue and turned to look at Ryme, "Well, would you look at that? That green is adorable." He chuckled as Kurabeth gave him a mental snort, shaking his head before smiling, "Kurabeth, you were cute too as a baby."
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Weyrling Fujin of Green Sativuth
Candidate Loek
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Kyros of Blue Callioth (Minuet Wing)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Gale of Blue Galsk (Chopin Squad)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Shamura of Green Murask (Requiem Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Weyrling Wr'ion of Blue Sameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
Ezra
Wingleader

Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:25 pm
  • Link

Ryne of Green Iseleth - Aoi, hatching reaction

Ryne was also holding her breath as the next egg hatched and after a few moments, that worry was dashed as the little green flitted about happily for a second and impressed to a young man without any issues it seemed. " Thank goodness. Let us hope that trend continues. Enough blood has been spilled today. What a sweet little green." She replied, and knew she was biased in favor of most greens, her gaze shifting to Iseleth whom had moved to be a bit closer to her than she was before. " I know when Iseleth hatched, she wasted no time, no teeth and came right to me. Its a memory I will always cherish. Along with the bit of her eggshell I preserved after the fact." She added smiling warmly.
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:38 pm
  • Link

Candidate Mithras- Costanza

"I'll accept whichever egg wants me," Mithras said to Costanza. Dragons didn't get to pick whether they Impressed- so they got to pick any human they wanted- that was fair. Mithras didn't want any dragon who Impressed her to feel badly that they hadn't been her favorite egg.

So she was just going to refuse to have a favorite- and try not to remember how much she'd straight out liked some of the eggs.

Less personable dragons deserved riders too.

"Don't get too discouraged if it's not actually your egg though, okay?" Mithras cautioned Costanza, who had never done this before and thus could not know, "Some eggs are just really friendly to everyone and it's easy to read too much into it and think the egg thought you were special."

Eggs had been nice to Mithras before. But being nice didn't mean they'd liked her better than every other candidate in the sands.

Which she was going to refuse to let bother her. It was rational. There were over twice as many candidates and dragons. What were the odds that she, of everyone here, was a dragon's favorite?

The first egg hatched with violence. A bite to Bronson. Mithras winced and looked away, "I doubt it. Most of the eggs I touched didn't feel especially violent. Most dragons just Impress without hurting anyone. Hatchlings don't usually bite people on person- they're just confused or clumsy."

That one had looked on purpose but- somewhat uncharitably- it was Bronson. Who Mithras had known long enough to know he'd probably provoked it somehow.

"Just don't get between a dragon and their rider or try to touch one or something and you'll probably be fine," Mithras promised.

And then the next dragonet immediately made a liar of her. Spensa was the green's victim and Bronson was her choice.

Mithras' smile grew a bit strained. Bronson? Really? Of every candidate in these sands- Bronson was somehow a dragon's favorite, and Mithras still wasn't. Bronson- who didn't even want any dragon who wasn't a bronze or brown- was still this green's choice over Mithras- who would have been happy to be a greenrider. But the green sounded proud of him, when she announced their names to all the weyr.

"I promise- most dragonets really are peaceful," Mithras told Costanza, a bit sheepishly.

The next egg to rock had been one Mithras had liked from the start. For its name. For its look. For the feel of its mind on hers.

A green! An adorable green. A green who ran towards Mithras, nosing at her.

Was this it? Was this the moment?

Mithras tried to give the dragonet her most welcoming smile.

But she was already gone. To someone else.

Once again- Mithras wasn't enough.

She tried (and failed) not to let her disappointment leak into her voice as she said, "No one knows what dragonets are looking for. Or how you can tell if they like you enough to Impress to, until they do. There are a lot of candidates here so you shouldn't feel too badly about it. It's just how it goes sometimes."

She hoped neither Costanza nor the dragonets could tell she was lying it didn't bother her.

A dragonrider should be rational and humble and strong enough to smile through rejection.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
AtlasHyperion
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:51 pm
  • Link

Candidate Toska - Open, mention: The bites and the babies

As the call went out, Toska's heart all but jumped out of their chest. Finally, the Hatching- their first Hatching. He'd been waiting for this since he got to Fort Weyr. Now it was here... and he couldn't deny he was a bit nervous. Well, she was more eager than nervous, but figured that it would all end up going fine. After getting to their room, they threw on their Candidate robes and made their way towards the Hatching Sands.

Once she was at the Sands, she lined up along with all the other Candidates and looked at the eggs. Any one of these eggs could potentially house his very own dragon, but he'd only know if one was his when the shells cracked. Not the end of the world though if the stars weren't aligned for this Hatching. Toska was still young, they knew they had plenty of time to stand. If this one passed him by, that just meant his egg was waiting for him later down the line.

They waited patiently... and then, an egg hatched! A brown came out and promptly bit a candidate. She knew that happened, was taught it many a time in class, but didn't expect it to be so... real? Then a green hatched, and she went and followed suit of the brown, biting a different candidate. Oh, Faranth, at this rate, Toska was going to get bit too! Ugh, that would suck.

Thankfully, the next green that hatched was much calmer. Toska breathed out a sigh of relief. Now a bit more at ease, they could turn their attention back to the eggs. The Bewitching Dame seemed to be the most active, maybe that one would split apart next?
Fort Weyr
Aries of Bronze Vereigth
L'uke of Bronze Paleskyth | Green Kyber
Ony'ra of Bronze Sekigaeith
Cal of Brown Langeth | Blue Wing & Gold Daylight
Driscoll of Brown Lobsevith | Canine Sam
Johnny of Brown Cobreth
Sr. Weyrleader Negan of Brown Wireth | Blue Walker & Blue Roamer
Rainbow of Blue Rasuneth
Zhenya of Blue Kraskath | Green Ksyusha
D'eryn of Green Hachimath
Er'sa of Green Kapitath
Reign of Green Asakurth
Roisin of Green Twelith | Gold Supernova
Serras of Green Inashtath
Weyrling Toska of Green Bombyxith
T'rix of Green Clohoth | Green Daisy May
Laurie of White Lacheith
Qrow of White Brachyth | Gold Firecracker & Garnet Pipsqueak
Vox of White Varelsith | Bronze Baker's Dozen & Sonora Sunrise
Dawn Squadleader Theseus of Gold Thesk
Wherleader Reinhardt of Bronze Reinsk
Misun of Brown Emissk and Green Misusk | Gold Lonny
Journeyman Starsmith Bastille of Garnet Bassk | Brown Teide
Briayse of Garnet Briaysk
Jimmy of Garnet Jamesk
Journeyman Smith Geoffrey of Blue Eldreosk
Journeyman Healer Jonathan of Green Jonask
KV of Green Kirvisk
Journeyman Harper Tommy of Green Tomsk
Dragonless Matyll
High Reaches Weyr
Zagreus of Gold Galdeneth | Garnet Cerberus
Caleb of Bronze Marceth
Firestorm Wingsecond T'lery of Bronze Maskerath
Weyrling Elise of Brown Mririhgith
Graemerre of Garnet Ofereth
Scarlet of Garnet Phalanth
Dennys of Blue Vilkarath
Apprentice Miner Le'nore of Blue Vickoth | Garnet Bajiquan
Journeyman Healer Moira of Blue Deoraith
Wheatley of Blue Usurth
D'ot of Green Mystreth
Florian of Green Uesugith
CM Pomegranate of Green Lyth | Bronze Arils
Iovi of Bronze Zerusavisk | Gold Sundrop
Andreyane of Brown Andreysk
Dante of Brown Dansk and Brown Ask | White Rebellion
Shoresy of Garnet Shorsk | Green Big Sexy
Sonic of Garnet Sonisk
Jr. Weyrleader Connor of Blue Andorsk and Hemimorphite Connosk | Canine Sumo & Garnet Traci
Master Vinter Glaidan of Blue Glaisk
Linny of Blue Linirask
Laoghaire of Blue Laosk | Bronze Gilleasbuig
Aida of Green Aidask | White Boots
Ascelin of Green Celisk
Journeyman Smith Ash of Green Assk | Green Boomstick
AWM Joel of Green Joesk
Volo of White Volosk
Headwoman Nanette | Brown Boreas & White Notos
Weyrbrat Galina | Brown Stripe
Semaca Weyr
Kenn'y of Azurite Iscaroth | Garnet Ruby
Snake of Brown Emmerith | Canine Sunny
Journeyman Healer J'velle of Garnet Selulath
L'ux of Garnet Ambraliath | White Coal
Tec'na of Garnet Melodith
Wild of Garnet Kagerith | Gold Triforce
Minuet Wingleader Blumiere of Blue Nastasiath
He'ra of Blue Entreneurth | Snake Sonder
Pirate Weyrling Ka'fka of Blue Abhorseth | Feline Sir Meowsalot
Lori of Blue Raerth | Blue Skip-It
Nikola of Blue Manarth
O'dair of Blue Ovisreth
Chopin Wingleader Rogers of Blue Tesseth
Sportacus of Blue Kidulth
Journeyman Healer Victor of Blue Taeth
F'ythe of Green Padaranth | Blue Esda
Kihaza of Green Ariaath
Rhys of Green Vauth
R'inash of Green Ioth
Pirate Tetra of Green Yilylath | Gold Goddess
K'ymask of White Lothwyth
Guzma of Bronze Guzmask
Mak of Bronze Valask | Brown Petryshyn
Bella of Garnet Bellask | Green Plumbob
Journeyman Healer Borealis of Blue Borealisk
Wherleader Lacra of Blue Mioarask | Gold Luminita
Journeyman Harper Hedroom of Green Hedrosk
Spengler of Green Spesk
Dimentio of White Disk | White Prognosticus
Valentine of White Valensk | Green Piper
Journeyman Harper Mondlicht
Journeyman Healer Vokonis | Green Charo
Pirate Conway | Brown No-Name
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:00 pm
  • Link

Candidate Aydholin Tag: Alara

"Even if not a lady in the technical sense, you do seem to possess the charm of one," Aydholin said. Not beauty, but that was hardly something that could be helped. He couldn't hold that against a person. "As does your dragon. I'm Aydholin, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you both."

He nodded at the garnet's description of eggshells as blankets rather than clothing. "Yes, I suppose I can see the argument for that. Though blankets are rarely so vibrantly decorated."

He leaned back slightly to watch the first two dragons hatch. Vicious little things. He still wished he was down there among them. He gave the rider a look with a raised eyebrow when she actually squealed over the little terrors. "Are those supposed to be cute?" he asked skeptically.

Mera of Bronze Merask Tag: M'lcolm

Mera's expression didn't change, but her estimation of this man dropped just a smidgen. Even if he was new here, he was a rider and therefore obviously from a Weyr. Shouldn't he know how Hatchings worked?

"I'm Mera, of bronze Merask, who unfortunately was not permitted to be here today. It's lovely to meet you," she said with a slight inclination of her head. She looked down at the hatchling on the sands, which was apparently violent. As was the one after. She frowned slightly, though she agreed that the first boy bitten had handled it well, even if he didn't seem to be handling his Impression well. "Are dragon hatchlings usually so... inclined toward violence?"

Even if the third dragon didn't cause problems, it was mildly concerning.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:28 pm
  • Link

Alara of Garnet Alubrath Tag: Aydholin

“Alubrath is probably more charming than me. Though I thank you all the same. I am Alara and the pink treasure hunter is Alubrath.” Alara seemed perfectly chuffed by the compliment, smiling warmly as her attention was pulled from the eggs. Oh but that new green was so cute! She was glad they seemed to quickly find their pairs.

There are some colorful ones made from the hair on the ovines I’ve seen. Though not all of them are so pretty. Alubrath conceded. But I think all shells are pretty. They catch the light in such a fun way.

Alara looked just a little embarrassed at the question from the spectating Candidate. “I think all babies are cute. Dragonets don’t really mean to be vicious for the most part.” She fidgeted a little in her seat.

Alubrath snorted again, this time in amusement, and regarded Aydholin.
Mine will not stop thinking of cute babies even when there are so many more fun things to collect. Could you help her hatch one so she can be happy and we can focus on other treasures?

Boundaries. What were they, anyway?
Last edited by Calingaladha on Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fort Weyr

Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:29 pm
  • Link

Br'on of Green Mesomelath - L'rnia

"Shut up," Br'on snapped at his classmate. "Until your bond decides to take a bite out of you, I don't want to forsking hear it." He didn't ask for this. He wasn't a girl, and he wasn't gay, so this shouldn't have happened. He didn't care that everyone pretended that this wasn't how impressions worked, it just was. This couldn't be permanent, he wouldn't let it be.

Mesomelath preened slightly under L'rnia's praise. You were right to notice, she said. I am magnificent, aren't I? And what wisdom you show to see that I am the true queen of this Weyr, and will one day ascend to take my rightful throne. My mother has held it for far too long.

Y'olai of White Tsukasath - N'mi

Yermie nodded along while N'mi described his weyrmate. "Wow, she does sound pretty amazing," they agreed. "I've never really thought about finding a weyrmate before, but if I ever meet anyone like yours, I'd probably definitely want to be theirs." They cocked their head. "Her temper's legendary? Like, Harpers sing ballads about it legendary? The only songs about tempers I've heard of were Serapheth's, and that's cause she's really really scary when she gets angry, so it makes a lot of sense. Is hers anything like that?" If N'mi's weyrmate was as scary as Serapheth, maybe Yermie didn't want a weyrmate like her after all...

They'd been so caught up in chatting that they hadn't noticed the violence down on the sands. Tsukasath, of course, had been watching with rapt attention, fascinated that even at that age dragons could do so much damage. It made sense, though, with how fragile humans were. Yermie looked over when the small green made her little announcement, though. "Aaw! What a cutie! She's tiny, almost as small as Tsukasath was when he hatched."

Please do not compare me to any of these hatchlings, Yermie. It's hardly apt.

"Oops...Tsukasath didn't like me saying that," Yermie confided with a small, self-conscious laugh. "Forget I said anything."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth | Going Merry (flit)
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Weyrling Br'on of Green Mesomelath | Apolline (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk | Dog (flit)
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Diamond of Garnet Hyliath | Spessartine Skud (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:31 pm
  • Link

Candidate Bede - Fujin

Bede sniffed rudely one last time at Gariston, ignoring the hatching of an energetic green who impressed quickly enough. Instead, he moved spots until he was standing next to Fujin, who seemed far more tolerable than most of the fools on the sands. Offering a smirk, Bede looked at the other teen for a moment before glancing back at the eggs to see if any were ready to hatch just yet. The one he’d liked from the touching, the Bewitching Dame, appeared to be rocking. Wistfully, he hoped that one went to someone nice, who actually deserved a good dragon.

“You seem like you have better taste than most, I’m glad I’m not the only one who despises Br’on,” he said, disdain dripping from his tone as he spoke of his former roommate. He was still eager to impress, and hoped he wouldn’t be here for long, but at least Fujin seemed to have a modicum of sense many of his fellow candidates lacked.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
N’mi of Green Yuiryth
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
MothyCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:38 pm
  • Link

Candidate Fujin - Bede

Fujin looked at the other as he moved closer, shrugging a bit as he looked at the other candidates, "I haven't really interacted with him, but from what I've heard about, I don't think we'd see eye to eye." He meant that literally, as he had not heard the best about Br'on. In fact, he honestly didn't hear a lot of good things about Bede, but he was tolerable.

Tolerable was something good in the eyes of Fujin. As the next egg hatched, he turned to look at Bede.

"Who do you think will impress to this egg?" It'd be interesting to hear what Bede had to say.
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Weyrling Fujin of Green Sativuth
Candidate Loek
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Kyros of Blue Callioth (Minuet Wing)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Gale of Blue Galsk (Chopin Squad)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Shamura of Green Murask (Requiem Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Weyrling Wr'ion of Blue Sameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux