Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Hatching] A Million Marks and a Dream

A large, hot, sandy cavern that opens to the sky. There are stone seats and large ledges for humans and dragons to come watch the events.
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:22 pm
  • Link

Weyrling T'mon of Green Menthath - Nielle, Izumi, Rekka, Tygir (mention), Mithras (mention), Br'on/Mesomelath, Spensa/Xanneth, L'rnia/Bubovirith

Timon nodded, grinning at Nielle in kind. "Seems like a favorite, that one," he commented, but shrugged. "But I'm no different, I guess. I like 'em too." Stretching until he felt something pop comfortably, he grunted at feeling someone gently elbow him, laughing at seeing Izumi. "Alright, you can it," he countered his teasing, rolling his eyes fondly as he likewise prodded at Izumi's shoulder. "Plus, I'm not slow, you are." Grinning, he watched as a new dragonet hatched, a stunning green, and made her way closer. But his smile soon faded into an alarmed look as she shoved down one Candidate and bit a second. Tygir and Spensa, should he recall them correctly. But while Bronson wasn't lucky enough to stand unscathed a second time, he was lucky enough to be chosen by that very same green, though he didn't seem too happy about it.

Looking to Izumi again, Timon nodded his agreement. "Yeah, real bitey, these ones are," he mumbled, keeping his voice down for his own safety. But watching Bronson react poorly to Impressing his new green, Timon frowned. "Talk about a tantrum, am I right?" he added. "Upset's an understatement. I almost feel sorry for them, not to mention our Weyrlingmasters." Rekka piped up from where she stood by Nielle, her comment getting a chuckle from Timon. Looking to Izumi as he rubbed at a headache, he offered a steadying hand at his shoulder. "Yeah, but we're gonna get through it alright, alright? he encouraged. "We're not like that Bronson guy. Don't let him bring you down."

Serapheth's Budding Hero hatched a pretty green, an excited and springy little lady that seemed born ready to meet everyone! Timon smiled a little, watching her trot among them, before looking toward a Candidate he remembered was called Mithras, but his eyes followed her a little longer, intrigued. It seemed Mithras wasn't who she was looking for, seeing as she moved on and kept looking for her bonded. But soon, her path saw her standing before him, her eyes swirling rainbows almost as soon as his eyes found hers. Hi! Gosh, hi! a cheerful voice greeted him in his mind, he realized, watching her tap her paws in her excitement. It's good to finally see you! Jumping up to put her paws on his shoulders as best as she could, to which Timon responded by steadying himself so as not to fall, she seemed utterly exuberant and beyond herself in her joy. We're gonna go on great adventures together, I know it!

As her mind joined his, T'mon felt a flood of enthusiasm, a thrill for life and adventure, an eager heart of a hero, all course through him. For that was and always will be Menthath, his one Menthath. That and a gnawing hunger in his belly. And he'd thought he wanted a brown! No, all he wanted was standing here before him, in shades of green and yellow. "Adventure's gonna need to wait, I think," he answered, trying to carefully put her paws on sand again. "Let's get you food first!" Right! Menthath answered, her voice still unashamedly happy. Our first adventure awaits! Onward! Laughing, he hardly managed to give his friends a brief farewell and give thanks before hurrying Menthath to find a feeding bucket.

As preoccupied as he was in carefully feeding his ravenous dragonet, T'mon couldn't help but overhear Br'on and Spensa's exchange, something about trading dragons or something? Looking to them, he laughed a little. "That's not how that works," he admitted, smiling slyly. "It's a lifelong thing you signed yourselves up for, you know. But congratulations on Impressing, both of you, and good luck! Looks like you'll need it." Puffing his chest a little, he went on. "But I'm going by T'mon, and here's Menthath." Hello, Mesomelath's and Xanneth's! she chirped, lapping at some meat juice on her muzzle. It was so delicious! It's nice to meet you. Let's all fly together someday! Looking to L'rnia in short order, T'mon nodded at her. "And congrats to you too!" he offered, grinning cheekily at his mischief buddy.
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:22 pm
  • Link

Candidate Bede - Fujin

It was Bede’s turn to look at Fujin in surprise, the young man unable to form words for a minute as he processed. He wanted to defend his mother, defend Rose, but he found himself… hesitating to say something in their defense, for once. The comment about Bede’s future dragon being lucky drew a snort from him, while the comment about a tiny brown drew a startled laugh, though it quickly cut off as he realized he was probably being too loud.

“If there were a brown in that egg he’d have to be as small as Silk!” he replied, trying to fight down the more raw emotions his confession and Fujin’s response had dragged up. And Fujin wasn’t even entirely wrong. He didn’t see Oleana or Rose in the stands anywhere, and wondered just how long it had been since he’d properly spoken to either. Was… was he right? Could Bede even afford to give up hope of impressing a bronze or gold and forcing his so called parents to look at him again?
Last edited by Kitarial on Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
N’mi of Green Yuiryth
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Ezra
Wingleader

Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:24 pm
  • Link

Aris of Blue Haurchefath - Open

Aris decided to actually watch this hatching, even if they were sitting alone this entire time. Watching the chaos erupting was.. interesting, though the thundering coos of her blue in her head over each baby was.. something. Haurchefath had found a nice place to lay down where he was not bothering any other dragon, his tail swishing excitedly as each baby emerged from the egg and their rider was concerned he might clobber another dragon if he was not careful. " This weyrling class is going to be quite the mix it seems. But so far, all healthy babies, best one could ask for I suppose." They thought, stroking their chin thoughtfully for a moment.
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:34 pm
  • Link

The small Doubled Vision egg was a slow hatcher. Slow to do.. much, actually. It wobbled. It stopped. It cracked. It stopped. This lasted a painfully long time before Serapheth lowered her head and growled loud at the egg. THAT made it break open like a dropped vase, the dragonet inside clearly not enjoying the scolding. They took a few steps and yawned.

A blue!

The first blue of the clutch!

Their hide was a pale blue, with a darker color on their spines, nose, tips of their headknobs and the back of their wingsails. They had a few rounded, whimsical markings of the same color on their wings and legs and wound like a ribbon across their tail. Their legs were a bit paler than the rest of them. They yawned again, moving low and lazy. Unlike their previous siblings, they knew what they were doing. They made it to Gariston and promptly decided to yawn and lie down.

Woohoo. Yay. I found you. Yeah celebrations and all, I'm hungry and want a nap. They rolled onto their back, getting cozy.

It was the large Royal Survivor that was shaking next...

----

Hatched: 5/14
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
Hollow of Brown Bysalth
Ni'all of Brown Calyptrath
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Alphinaud of Green Koth
Playne of Green Iosefkath
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Journeyman Scribe Urianger
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
D'ryu of Bronze Cyroth
Persephone of Green Amauroth
[Brown Bitey] [Blue Paladin]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Majima of Brown Majimask
Weyrling Ke'ro of Green Ossabhath
Candidate Pierrick
Dragonless Time
Journeyman Carpenter/Sailor Wojchek
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Lobelia of Blue Imeterth
Datte of White Tarith
[Green Illium]
Weyrling Zoh'tof Brown Lannith
Lanselot of Brown Selosk
JM Healer Vallauris
[Gold Aether]
Holder Xander
[Bronze Siegfried] [Blue Laslow] [Green Peri]
Wherling Mori of Gold Morsk
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
Candidate Clive
[Gold Phoenix] [Brown Ifrit] [Blue Ramuh]
[Green Garuda] [Green Shiva]
Weyrfolk Daosea
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Fri Oct 11, 2024 10:00 pm
  • Link

Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk- Esther

"Momo is settling in well, I think," Relli said, with a fond smile, "She's less...insistent in her hunger than your lot, but that may be because Relsk keeps sneaking her extra food, when he thinks I'm not looking. He's already trying to teach her tricks. I swear- he'll have her doing handstands before I've trained her to carry a message."

Relli's kind-hearted wher had been every bit as enthusiastic about their new firelizard as she'd expected. Right now, whers and firelizard remained safely in Relli's barrack. Serapheth had always been clear who she did and did not want in her hatching sands.

The early hatchlings were healthy, if a touch nippy. But no one seemed seriously wounded and all Impressed without trouble.

"Serapheth and Wyrmeth must be pleased to see the hatching go so smoothly," Relli observed, as she sipped her own klah. It had been some time since Fort's hatching sands had truly been thrust into chaos, but Tuckal no doubt remembered Neozeoth's and Nornth's hatching as keenly as Relli did, "I hope the storm holds off for a few candlemarks longer."

The hatching sands was many things but it was not a pleasant place to spend a winter's storm.

Elyron of Green Elyrosk- Ronnie

Elyron didn't know why he kept coming to these things.

Probably because the hatching feasts always had the best wine. And if he skipped the hatching, he might be off on patrol, when the feast was first served.

And it was also a chance to wear his finest clothes, for all the weyr to see him. What was finery for, if not to be admired?

But even the luster of admiration was not as bright as it used to be. He was not a dragonrider. He was not even a goldhandler. Not anymore. No matter how finally garbed- a common greenhandler would never be a man of true greatness.

He took a deep sip of his flask, barely noticing his company.

He snorted at the blue, lying on its back on the sands, looking already almost half-asleep, "Not a lot of fire in that one, is there? A shame."

Dragons without the will to fight were of little use to the weyr. But they were still respected. Because they were dragons and their chosen dragonriders.

Elyron took another drink.

Actaeon- Kouichi

"That's not what I mean," Actaeon shook his head, as Kouichi clearly misunderstood his theory, "It is well known that almost all dragons have an instinctive, deeply held aversion to hurting humans. I don't think the dragons are biting them to draw blood and I am familiar with the statistics of hatching maulings."

Because Actaeon was not a dragonrider or wherhandler, he could focus his attentions exclusively on his craft. He had done his research on common hatching injuries, to prepare his kit appropriately.

"What I meant is that once a candidate is bloodied by a dragonet, they will smell of blood and that scent might draw the eye of the next dragons to hatch," Actaeon clarified, "Who might then Impress to them, either because the smell invokes their instinctive feeding urge or because the first requirement for Impression is holding a dragonet's attention."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:15 am
  • Link

Candidate Neidellah - Open, mention weyrlings and their new babies.

Ah, there it was. That unease feeling she had culminated in the first baby - a handsome little brown that seemed to find irritation in the very existence of some of them. He didnt seem to like he male candidates much, though his eyes softened some as he inspected each girl until he found his person. Next was an equally feisty green, who seemed outright aggressive rather than just annoyed. She shoved, bit, and skittered away to her bonded (Neidellah couldn't help but scoff her amusement out loud at who that happened to be, by she didn't speak up on it) all in turn. The next green was joyful and strangely feline in the way she walked, but impressed without the same fanfare of her two clutchmates. Then there was a haughty garnet (a gorgeous one though, she thought privately) and a sleepy little blue, both of whom made no drama about their impressions.

With, presumably, the worst out of the way, Neidellah relaxed some. Sure, there was more drama unfolding among the candidates - or, weyrlings, now - as some were outwardly appalled by their matches and others were happily coming to terms with their new partner, but it wasn't quite as nerve wracking as wondering what could go wrong. Even this - a couple of feisty hatchling and some spilled blood - was probably the best scenario that could have unfolded, out of Neidellah's previous worries. The storm suddenly seemed far away, and she imagined Serapheth was pleased with her children impressing. Now she was just left to watch for each new egg to hatch, and listen to the quiet conversation of the candidates around her.
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:34 am
  • Link

Candidate Kee

Oh, the next few dragons were pretty! And much calmer than the first two. Not that there was anything wrong with them either. They'd learn not to be so bitey in time. Kee was still all but vibrating with excitement, mentally trying to urge on the next egg to hatch. The one she was particularly interested in wasn't cracking yet. Br'on had been wrong; they weren't cracking all at once, and nowhere near as fast as she might hope.

She sighed loudly, just waiting for more to happen.

Spensa of Garnet Xanneth Tag: Br'on, T'mon, L'rnia

"She's mostly purple, not pink," Spensa protested, wondering why she was even trying to defend this ludicrous dragon. "And you'd want her because she's uppity, just like you. And closer in size to a bronze. And didn't bite you." She'd rather have the brown who had bitten him first, but L'rnia didn't look like she was disgruntled with the dragon who had chosen her. Unfortunately.

She glared at the other two new Weyrlings, who acted so high and mighty even though they'd Impressed at basically the same time as her. "You don't have any more idea how it works than I do, and probably less. At least I'm from a proper Weyr."

And it was a proper Weyr that taught you to be so barbaric? Well, I suppose they are very skilled at instilling their teachings. Remind me never to visit. She looked Br'on up and down, then sniffed at Mesomelath's jibe, turning her head away. I said my rider has potential, not that she is yet of worth. But if you would welcome the idolization of one who shrieks about the blood of her enemies, well, I suppose you must have very unique tastes indeed, because I am certain that she does.

She leveled a look at Spensa. Now feed me, before I am of a mind to do my best impersonation of this little green wretch and forced to drag you to the food.

Candidate Aydholin Tag: Alara

"Well who could possibly fault such a beautiful dragon for being innately charming? I'm certain it serves her well," Aydholin said with another smile. "I'm grateful to have such pleasant company."

Nearby, Mayalaran snorted, still not looking at the sands and trying her best not to listen at what was happening down there. Her patient's conversation was an adequate distraction at least, but did people really have to act like such meaningless frippery was in any way enjoyable?

"Well, some babies are cute. I saw a wherlet back home once. It looked like a rotten tuber that had gone wrinkly. Truly awful."

He turned his attention back to the dragon, and then his face turned a vibrant scarlet as he realized what she was saying. "I uh... no, I don't think it would be particularly appropriate for me to help her... with... that." He was, for once, nearly at a loss for words.

Esther of Green Krugith Tag: Relli

Relsk is sweet. But I'm glad your bunch are all getting along. Esther wasn't sure what she would have done if they weren't. She wasn't sure that there was any recourse at all that was to be had in a situation like that. But she very much did not want someone she cared about to be stuck with something like Little Monster. Not that she hated the gold, but she was certainly difficult to get along with sometimes.

She looked down at the sands, tensing briefly as the first two hatchlings seemed inclined toward violence. She had to repeatedly remind herself that it was normal for hatchlings to do that. That it didn't mean they were going to turn out like... him. There weren't going to be riders trapped with dragons who hated them, or vice versa. Probably.

She sighed in relief as the third dragon, however, Impressed without a hitch. As did those following her.

Maybe, she signed in response to Relli's comment. I don't always know with Serapheth. And I don't know Wyrmeth at all. The bronze was too young for her to have been in Midnight Wing with him. Maybe he and the gold had similar attitudes, and that was why he'd been chosen. I hope it stays calm too though. You don't have outdoor duties tonight, do you?
Grayson
Wingsecond

Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:30 am
  • Link

Candidate Gariston - Bede, Nakalath

Gariston ignored Bede wandering off; it didn't suit the man to reply - and being Bronson's room-mate would have been a trial for anyone.

He was far too busy watching the eggs and the dragonets. He didn't fancy getting bitten, and with this clutch that meant keeping his eyes open. So when the brilliant blue hatched and set out towards him, the Holderbred hunter was ready to clear the dragonet's path and avoid those fangs and claws. Yawning and lying down was not on the list of things he'd been expecting, but the blue did it anyway - and then it was looking at him, eyes swirling rainbows.

Woohoo. Yay. I found you. Yeah celebrations and all, I'm hungry and want a nap.

G'ston stared while the blue rolled onto his back and got cozy, then pulled himself together.

"I hate to break it to you, Nakalath, but we can't do anything about the hungry if you go to sleep." And then he was reaching out to pick up and cradle the dragonet in his arms, big enough and strong enough that he could do it with ease, and with a care for Nakalath's wings. "Come on, let's go get you fed." Nakalath's tail wrapped around his arm and the dragonet's head ended up on his shoulder, and Gariston was the happiest man in all the world as he headed off towards the buckets of meat.

Up in the stands, unseen by Fort's newest dragonrider, a Lady Holder fumed while her Lord scowled.
Last edited by Grayson on Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:32 am
  • Link

Eloise of Green Coronatuth - Daphne, Benedict

Seated comfortably, but nowhere near as ladylike as some might say she ought to sit, Eloise was quiet for some time, content to let Benedict and Daphne chatter. Rather than voice her thoughts, she studied Serapheth's latest clutch, watching dragonets hatch and rather aggressively Impress. It made her think of Coronatuth's hatching, where multiple Candidates had suffered injury by a couple dragonets, including her sister to her own green. "I'll remind you Coronatuth and some others that hatched that day were rather prone to bite too," she said, looking to Benedict at his comment. Coronatuth huffed from her ledge. It's as though someone died that day, given how you dwell on it, she tartly quipped. Eloise said nothing in response, though a small wry smile curved at her lips at her words. "Perhaps it's a common trait in Serapheth's broods, or that storm rolling in putting them off. Countless things could be at fault, really." Perhaps she sounded like she was scolding him, but she wasn't. It was her way to be too blunt and forward for her own good, once she'd gotten a thought in her head to follow. But Daphne's comments about handsome Candidate so-and-so and establishing ties to Lemos had Eloise scooting forward in her seat enough to look at her directly. "Daphne, Fort Weyr doesn't tithe to or protect Lemos territories," she drawled. "Call me dull should you see fit, but why would we need to establish ties to a Hold not under our wing?"

Dorian of Green Meguyakuth - E'tin

Dorian was quiet as E'tin reached his free hand to him, to tame a stray lock of his dark hair, his own hand coming to check and confirm that he really was an absolute mess, enough for E'tin to notice. A light chuckle left him, sounding a little too smooth to be genuine. "My apologies, I'm usually more put together, as you well know," he quipped, though he managed a smile that matched how fondly E'tin looked at him.

Looking down to watch as more of Serapheth's brood hatched and Impressed, some more spectacularly (and aggressively) than others, he huffed at E'tin and his comment about friendships during his days as a Candidate. "Finding such dear friends during Candidacy was a most wonderful thing," Dorian admitted, looking to E'tin, seeming wistful. "But I reckon you ought to get points for your efforts, no matter how long ago your Candidacy was." Always a man of playful words and well-meaning jabs, that was Dorian.

Meguyakuth had to think for some time on how to answer Kurabeth's question, somewhat at a loss for words. Something terrible, she eventually agreed. Someone he cared about...died. Someone from before, from a long time ago. But he was a man who meant a tremendous amount to Dorian. Losing him hurt him badly. It hurts him still. Curling her tail close to her, her uneasiness was unclear. Though she wasn't sure whether she should talk about these things, she'd missed Kurabeth and talking to him seemed to help. That had to be a good thing, right?
Calingaladha
Candidate

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:41 am
  • Link

Alara of Garnet Alubrath - Tag: Aydholin

“She is charming and beautiful, but don’t tell her that too much, she’ll be inviting you to come see her hoard. She is an avid collector of…well basically whatever she finds pretty or interesting.” Alara chuckled.

She still gave the hatchlings split attention, and a couple more sounds of cute, awws and squeals, enough to show she was smitten regardless of how much bite they contained or their color.

“I mean…looks aren’t everything. An ugly wherlet might just have the best personality. And even the dragonets who bite…they won’t always turn out to be ill-tempered. I’d probably be a bit grumpy if I was born so hungry.” Alara thought out loud, at least until Alubrath interceded on her behalf.

“Alubrath!” Even Alara turned red, burying her face in her hands as she apologized to Aydholin. “I am so, so sorry. She means well, she’s just…she’s not good at boundaries with humans.”

She kept her face in her hands for a while longer, softly chiding her dragon. ”I won’t ever find a weyrmate that way, you sweet silly thing.”
Fort Weyr

Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
MothyCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:52 am
  • Link

Aoi of Blue Kurabeth - Ryne, Meguyakuth

Aoi sighed in relief, nodding a bit as the next couple of eggs hatched without incident, "Yeah, I was happy when Kurabeth came to me. I remember being bitten in the sands as well." That was not a fun experience and, while he had no lasting damage, that still hurt like hell. He chuckled a bit, "I'm excited to see what kind of weyrlings we'll get this hatching. We still have nine eggs to go."

Kurabeth looked horrified and moved to approach his sibling, moving past Aoi and Ryne, "I am so sorry for his loss, Meguyakuth. I can understand how much pain that must have caused him." While Kurabeth hadn't experienced such a loss before (nor did any of Aoi's memories show him this), he could imagine how painful it was for Dorian-and thus Meguyakuth- to experience such a loss.

Candidate Fujin - Bede

Fujin grinned a bit as he heard Bede chuckle. Good, he had been worried he had ruined their conversation, "Hey, for all we know, one of the flit eggs ended up in this clutch." He said it in a bit of a joking manner, sticking his tongue out.

As the egg hatched into an admittedly very pretty blue, Fujin snorted, "Looks like you were right, Bede."

Kouichi of Green Kuzoth - Actaeon

Yeah, Kouichi lost the thread when it came to what the other was discussing. He was a dragon healer and often one of the people on the front lines for the healer's wing during thread since he had a dragon.

"Perhaps you're right." Kouichi really didn't believe that, moving to look out to the hatching. So far, no one had been critically injured and he remembered hearing stories of hatchings going deadly.

The stories he heard of Serapheth's own hatching came to mind..

"There are nine more eggs to be hatched." He was worried in case there were more attacks on the sands and if anyone would be critically injured- or be melodramatic about being bitten. He could certainly remember some candidates who had been like that.
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Weyrling Fujin of Green Sativuth
Candidate Loek
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Kyros of Blue Callioth (Minuet Wing)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Gale of Blue Galsk (Chopin Squad)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Shamura of Green Murask (Requiem Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Weyrling Wr'ion of Blue Sameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:48 am
  • Link

Safrey Of Green Freysk - A'ksei and Amishuth

Safrey's face grew a pale rosy shade, her hand rising to her freckled cheeks, as she turned upwards to seek the origin of the complimenting voice in her head. The green handler could not stop smiling, scanning the ledges with a need to see the charming dragon. Yet her attention was drawn to the handsome gentleman next to her, her eyes meeting his staring brown. "Your fellow bonded has left me speechless, I would like to thank you both for your words..." she managed out without a single stutter, adverting her eyes from his face before it seemed she was admiring his for too long.

A small laugh escaped her lips, the conversation between dragon and rider entertaining her. "Ah, good dragon, aren't pretty things made to be admired? Like flowers in a field , if no one dared look then their beauty would be wasted" she sighed, having Freysk (with a rather timid and quiet voice) project back to Amishuth.

"It does seem to be... rider. Which one is yours? I'd would rather like to wave at him" she replied, unable to keep herself from smiling at the flirtatious nature of the rider. "Oh! Freyask wouldn't be able to handle a hatching, she doesn't like noise or people for that matter. However she is as fond of young things as I am , she'd love these little baby dragons!" Almost as if daydreaming, Safrey started twisting her hair between her fingers, mindlessly twirling it.

"If you do not mind me asking, my dear gentleman, what is your name? I've been very unfortunate to have never have crossed paths with you!" Safrey asked her attention turned back to the bloody hatchlings. "They seem to be some very pissed off dragons, was your hatching this violent?"
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:49 am
  • Link

Candidate Costanza - Mithras

Mithras had said that not all dragons bit people after hatching, but Costanza wasn't so sure. The third egg hatched, another green. He perked up, he had liked the Budding Hero egg just fine, and a green would be a lovely partner. The dragon showed no interest in him though, giving a lot of attention to Mithras before moving on.

He could see the disappointment on Mithras's face, and he gave her a sympathetic look. "Yeah, no one knows what the dragons are looking for. If they did, they wouldn't need us all to stand out here in these hideous robes for the whole weyr to see, right? I bet we'll have better luck with the next ones."

They didn't. A haughty garnet and a lazy blue hatched in succession, neither of which even looked Costanza's way. With that, more than a third of the eggs had hatched, and he was without a dragon still. He could feel his heart sinking. This was his best chance to impress, he might age out before the next big clutch at the weyr, and the dragons weren't even considering him as a potential partner. Despite Mithras's clearly hollow advice, he was feeling bad about it.
_______

Candidate Aneesa - Heiro

Aneesa considered Heiro's question as three more dragons hatched. A green, a garnet, and a blue. None of them exhibited any violence towards the other candidates, they each found their bonded with relatively little drama. "Yes, let's make our way closer to the others, make sure they stay safe," she said, trying her hardest to keep her voice steady. The other woman was clearly upset by the way the first few dragons hatched, and Aneesa didn't want her to feel that way, even if Aneesa was just as uneasy about the violence being exhibited.

"It was probably just those first few that were too over-eager to meet their bonded! They were in the eggs so long, they must have been cramped and a little cranky. I bet the rest of them are perfectly fine and won't bite anyone. But we'll be there to make sure they don't." Aneesa began shuffling through the sand closer to the other candidates. Her nerves were running high now, but she had to act like the big sister she always had and put on a brave face for Heiro and the others.

_______

M'lcolm of Bronze Burranth - Mera

"Yes, quite unfortunate the Queen doesn't appreciate the presence of her ground-bound brethren," he commented to Mera. He didn't see the logic in it, whers were an important part of fighting thread and keeping Pern society running. To alienate a whole group of your subjects didn't seem like reasonable politics to him. But then again, nothing he had heard or seen of Seraphith told him that she was a reasonable dragon.

"Biting is more common than you would think. It doesn't always happen, but some of the, ah, little rascals will bite candidates for whatever reason. Maybe these take strongly after their mother. Better a little nip than something worse. I've seen a few hatchings where Healers had to cart Candidates off the sands due to injury, it was not pretty. I once caught a glimpse--"

Let's not talk about that time, Burranth interjected, cutting M'lcolm off before he could tell Mera the gory tale. It's unlikely every dragonet in the clutch will be so feisty. Look, that one found their partner, no violence needed. He indicated to the second green that hatched without incident.

"So, it sounds like you don't come to these hatchings very often," M'lcolm said as he leaned back in his seat, keeping his attention on Mera. "What made you decide to come to this one?"
Kitarial
Candidate

Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:27 am
  • Link

Candidate Bede - Fujin

“Only half right,” he pointed out. He’d said it would be small, but he also had specifically said green or white would be what came out of the egg, after all. It was a pretty blue, though, and he practically whined when he went to Gariston. “I swear all the prettiest dragons are going to the people I hate in this class,” he said instead, though when he turned back to the eggs and saw which one was shaking next, he winced.

“This egg really didn’t like me at the touching. While I think it’s a bronze or brown, it’s definitely not going to me. With that, Bede watched the egg carefully, in case the dragonet within was hostile towards him as they found theirs. He had no intention of being bitten like Br’on or Spensa had been if he could avoid it.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
N’mi of Green Yuiryth
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Femisis
Wingleader

Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:32 am
  • Link

Candidate Izumi- tag T'mon, Nielle, Rekka

The next dragon hatched, another green, and Izumi felt a bit of relief flood him when she didn't bite anyone. However, what she did do was bound over to them- to Timon. Ohhhh. She was his! "Wow-! Congratulations!" He cried, smacking Timon on the back companionably. "You'll have to introduce us once she's fed-go!" How could be be disappointed that he hasn't impressed yet? Timon DESERVED this- okay, his brain was doing too many things at once now.

Thankfully, a distraction came with the next hatchling, a garnet, who sniffed dismissively at him before moving on. Well, rude, but at least he didn't get bitten. "That's a whole bunch of sour grapes if I ever saw one," he replied to Rekka, trying not to laugh. That was so on point- their dragons were even grape-ish colored! The Blue wasn't, though, but he went to Gariston of all people. "Oof, looks like another one to add to the bunch." He was fairly certain the man wasn't going to be happy with a Blue, but who were they to tell a dragon they were wrong?
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth | Kojaku
Byleth of Brown Gilgath
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Jushiro of Brown Kotowarith
Megumi of Blue Zoth
Akira of Green Auruth | Kukuri
Gaelio of Green Vacuouth | Kimaris
Li'dyn of Green Vairrianth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith | Heavyarms
Remy of Blue Resk
Weyrling Izumi of Green Xith