Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Hilariously Lost [Lady]

Large, spacious caverns inside the Weyr containing the kitchens, dining hall, and store rooms
Tyto
Traveler

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:12 am

Hilariously Lost [Lady]

Kylan stared quietly into the darkness of the lower caverns, trying to piece together exactly how they had gotten where they were. And... where exactly they were, actually. The hallways had seemed easy enough to map at first, mentally at least, a few turns here, a few turns there, and there was the exit. There was the dining hall. There were the kitchens. But now, they were somewhere they hadn't been before, and weren't quite sure... exactly how to get back. They'd tried following the path they'd gone from, but someone had moved the item they'd been using as a landmark, and now that it was becoming daytime they were starting to shield some of the glows--but Kylan hadn't seen a drudge in ages, let alone another person.

Now they were stuck at another intersection, arms folded over their chest and staring indecisively from left to right. Did they go left? Or right? Or did they try turning around and going back the way they came again? Surely there was some way to get at least out to the Bowl from here without being horribly lost, right? They couldn't expect everyone to know how to figure out the hallways. Right?

Beep chirruped on their shoulder, startling them out of their thoughts. "Ah," they'd forgotten that he was there with them. "Beep, can you help?" The firelizard chirped again. Ah, right. They had no idea where they were trying to get, so he couldn't really help with that... "Can you find someone to help, maybe?" They felt him shift from foot to foot for a moment, and then jumped off their shoulder, swooping down a nearby hallway in search of another human to lead back to their bonded.

Flying up to the first human he encounters, Beep begins to chirp and trill, flying in circles and trying to lead them down the tunnel toward Kylan to help them find their way.
ladyweathervain
Peacekeeper

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Deviya is not happy with her brother.

They'd had a fight and she didn't want to talk to him. It was hard not to want to talk to him, but right now she just... they'd been fighting a LOT recently! She knew that thing were rough but STILL.

she wished that she weren't so comfortable here. She hated that she felt like she wouldn't be able to get back out there, to be a Holdless brigand again... But still, this wasn't her only though. But it what she was TRYING to focus on right this moment.

However, her thoughts were interrupted by a flit approaching.

The little thing was beeping and chirping and acting like it needed help? Well... She'd follow it! And... well...

"Are you this little guy's owner?"
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Zul of Brown Zulsk
Hanzo of Blue Velocith
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Daiya of Gold Daisk
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Barold of Blue Impacth
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
G'dan of Bronze Anubaath
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Kiki of Green Ghyblith
Ganymede of Green Auth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Adeline
Tyto
Traveler

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:44 pm

Chirping loudly as he led his found human to his bound human, he fluttered in circles aroudn Kylan a few times before alighting on their shoulder.

Seeing Deviya following Beep closely along, Kylan didn't hesitate a moment to show some visible relief. It hadn't taken him too long, either, which meant that they weren't going to sit there in the middle of the hallway until dark waiting for someone to come wandering their way by chance. "I am," they nodded. "Thank you for following him. I, ah. Got myself lost, here." Kylan gave the other a sheepish, embarrassed smile. "I'm still learning the layout of the Weyr."
ladyweathervain
Peacekeeper

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:49 pm

"oh yeah no I get that. This place is MASSIVE and it took me FOREVER to really learn where everything is. But that just means I'm learning that new things exist here every day!" She laughs. "I'm Deviya, by the way. Where exactly were you looking to go...?"

She knew where all the basic stuff was. But... specific weyrs and the like... she MIGHT. But it really depended...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Zul of Brown Zulsk
Hanzo of Blue Velocith
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Daiya of Gold Daisk
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Barold of Blue Impacth
Nidai of Green Norenath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
G'dan of Bronze Anubaath
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Kiki of Green Ghyblith
Ganymede of Green Auth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Adeline
Tyto
Traveler

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:26 pm

"I thought maybe my having grown up at Telgar might help me around." Clearly, that wasn't the case, and it was something they had come to realize was a very foolish thing to believe. Sure, there were parts that were similar, considering Fort was older than Telgar, but they were still very different in several key areas. Namely, the lower caverns, where they had gotten themselves hopelessly lost until Beep had found Deviya to help. "Uh... Anywhere that isn't here, actually. I should probably at least learn how to get to the kitchens and the barracks from down here at least."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux