Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Thirteen Children of Stellar Signs [FLIT HATCHING]

Large, spacious caverns inside the Weyr containing the kitchens, dining hall, and store rooms
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Wingrider

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:21 am
  • Link

Thirteen Children of Stellar Signs [FLIT HATCHING]

Every so often, the stars aligned for something special to happen.

And in this case, the ‘something special’ was the day a certain firelizard’s clutch was predicted to hatch.

For several sevendays now, Solar had been fussing over her hardening eggs—thirteen in all, carefully situated as they were within a warm, mid-sized pot of sand. Both mother and clutch were often kept under either P’earl or Aemith’s watchful eye; the gold and her eggs frequently accompanying the curly-haired Healer as she went about her daily duties. Albeit with the pot always being placed somewhere warm in the room; P’earl knew the heat was such an important factor in draconic development!

Anyhow. On this particular occasion, the journeywoman Healer was calmly bustling about the infirmary, checking on patients and making sure all was well before she could wrap up her evening shift. Solar lay neatly draped over her eggs in their travel-pot in the warmest corner, her tiny faceted eyes glittering as she watched P’earl’s every move. “Another healer will be here in a minute,” the thirty-something woman was saying to a particularly fidgety patient, “with dinner for you, dear. Doesn’t a nice warm broth sound good? I’ll need to leave soon to get mine too, sweetheart—gotta beat that dinnertime rush, eh?” Her kindly chuckle was warm, even as another woman in healer’s green entered. “Just as soon as th—ah, there you are. Is that broth for this young lady here? Excellent. I’ll leave you two to it.” Further words were exchanged, as the other healer set about to take her place.

After a while, P’earl finally ambled over to Solar’s corner, a gusty sigh escaping her lips. “Ahh, it’s always a good day when nothin’ too big happens during one’s shift. Now, Solar. Shall we—”

A miniature ‘crack!’ from an equally small egg suddenly interrupted her mid-sentence, shortly followed by a full-throated hum beginning to emit from the little sunny gold’s throat. ..Ah. Perfect timing. “—heh. About time, hey, Sols? Let’s move this party outta here, darling.”

P’EARL!! Is THAT Solar I hear? PLEASE tell me her eggs are hatching!! Yes, my dear heart. Would you mind letting any flit hopefuls know, please, Aemith? Tell ‘em we’ll be in the lower caverns, near the infirmary. Yessss!

The large garnet proceeded to do just exactly that.

Helloo firelizard hopefuls! If you want one, P’earl says she’ll be in the lower caverns—near the infirmary—with Solar’s clutch; but you’d best be quick, people, they’re already starting to hatch!

P’earl chuckled, the bubbly sound ringing out even as she carefully gathered up the basket—flit and all—and swiftly relocated to the nearest suitably warm hearth outside of the infirmary. A second ‘crack!’ arrived to meet her ears as she gently set it down, and the garnetrider grinned dotingly. Faranth, she always behaved like such a particularly proud aunt/grandma over Solar’s stellar children. Every single time. But what could she say? P’earl just loved them!

“Alright, gather ‘round, hopefuls. Who wants an adorable lil’ baby from Solar?”
FORT WEYR

Kreta of Blue Eseath (Equinox Wingleader, firelizard Leirath)

Xinia of Blue Yhargulth (firelizard Moonshine; originally HR, Impressed @ Fort)

Elgiibel of Green Elgiisk (firelizard Fireball Phoenix)

A’mi of Bronze Voidarth

Bolin of White Bolisk (originally of Igen. Firelizard NameHere)

D’ain of Brown Renouth (firelizard NameHere)

P’earl of Garnet Aemith (originally of Telgar. Firelizard Solar)

Candidate Rekka (originally of Southern Boll)

HIGH REACHES WEYR

Viela of Green Oveceth (firelizard Treble; originally Fortian, Impressed @ HR)

L’ana of Brown Jomuroreth (firelizard Smoke)

Candidate Palindrome (firelizard Terret)

Bet’ti of Blue Trichath (feline Sushi; firelizard Evermore)

Emogi of Green Emogisk and Bronze Mogisk (firelizard Daisy Daze)

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen. Firelizard Nexus)

Saekri of Green Paradisoth (originally of Ista; feline Felida)

Palico of White Himuroth (originally of High Reaches. Firelizard Sudsy)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar. Firelizard Bubbles)

Weyrling Dew of Garnet Freth (originally of Ista; firelizard Moon)

Ranya of White Dayvith (runnerbeast Quilda; firelizard Haldanar)

Z’fyr of Brown Kintsugith (originally of Igen)
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:09 am
  • Link

L'fy of Brown Dioth

L'fy was getting dinner, which meant he was shoveling meat into his mouth as fast as humanly possibly, and Dioth was worrying over him accidentally swallowing a bone and trying to nag him into getting a vegetable or two inside him as well. It was a near nightly dinner ritual for the two of them, and was going about as well as it normally did, namely with L'fy ignoring the brown and being more or less fine.

Abruptly, though, Dioth stopped trying to cajole his rider into having a bit more decorum. Rider mine, do you want a firelizard? Because there is a clutch happening near the infirmary.

"Oh shards, heck yeah!" L'fy said, jumping up, mostly done with his meal anyhow. "That sounds great! Let's get a little guy or gal to join our crew!" He ran off for the infirmary without bothering to tidy his place, and Dioth huffed a sigh. He could only hope that the flit would take the brown's side on matters of manners, and not encourage L'fy to continue as he currently did.

L'fy skidded to a stop where Dioth had directed him, having run flat out to get there. "Hi!" he said, beaming and a little out of breath. "Heard you had eggs hatching! D'you mind if I take one?"

Columbo of Blue Lumsk

Winter meant slightly shorter days, which was good for the wherhandlers of the Weyr. It meant they could come out a little earlier. Columbo and Lumsk were taking a walk, stretching their legs a bit, when the call for firelizard eggs went out. Columbo played with the toothpick in his mouth. "What do you think, big guy?" he asked. "The missus is always complaining we leave things around. A firelizard is supposed to be pretty handy for fetching, aren't they?"

Handy, Lumsk agreed. Would not mind new little friend. And he wouldn't mind napping while waiting for all the hatching to happen.

"Well that settles that, then, doesn't it?" Columbo said, setting off for the infirmary to where the hatchlings were. He urged Lumsk to take a nap outside; after the recent issues with whers running wild in the lower caverns, he didn't want to cause a fuss, and Lumsk agreed with only a bit of grumbling. Upon finding the room, he gave a small bow to the healer. "Good evening," he said. "Name's Columbo, ma'am. Wouldn't mind a firelizard egg, if you don't mind letting one go to a simple bluehandler like me."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth | Going Merry (flit)
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk | Dog (flit)
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Diamond of Garnet Hyliath | Spessartine Skud (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:17 am
  • Link

Soon of Brown Kagurath

"Fifty-six... Fifty-seven... Fifty-eight..." Soon counted out loud with every squat. He'd managed to work up a sweat, and a good thing too; it would be a shame were he to allow his conditioning to slip just because winter had closed in on the Weyr.

I could take you someplace warm if you wished to jog, Kagurath offered, suppressing a cough. Soon didn't miss it, and gave her a sidelong glance. It had been a while since she'd been ill, but the changing seasons seemed to set it off most of the time. Well, maybe... not today. But in general.

"Rest," Soon said, stopping at sixty as he heard another dragon's voice. Fire lizards. Well, he did have to admit he'd been considering it, and he knew from experience that Kagurath wasn't contagious, just occasionally sickly.

Would a fire lizard's presence disturb your rest? he asked, reaching for his shirt—he never exercised with one on.

Yes, that's a wonderful idea. I mean no, I would be all right. It's not that bad, really. Just a mild cold. I'm all right... And I think you could use the company, given your lack of romantic—

All right, all right, I get the idea, Soon said quickly. He pulled the shirt on over his head, pausing only briefly to button up his collar and cuffs before heading out into the hall and making his way toward the kitchens to pick up some food for a potential baby fire lizard. Only once he had food in hand did he turn toward the infirmary. At least the rider with the eggs wasn't too difficult to track down, and he gave her a brilliant smile.

"Good evening! I trust I'm not too late?" It didn't appear that any of the eggs had hatched, but he could always be wrong, after all.
Grayson
Wingsecond

Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:33 am
  • Link

Ae'flaed of green Hurricath

Flaed? There are flit eggs hatching, and I want a flit.

Eh? You've never mentioned it before.

Well, I do. Are you fit to fly?

The day I'm not fit to fly is the day we're going between, Ae'flaed replied, grabbing her flying jacket and climbing into place on the green dragon's neck.

Ae'flaed will be right down, Aemith. Will you ask your rider to save one for us?

And with that, Hurricath dropped from the weyrledge, kiting down towards the entrance to the Lower Caverns to drop Ae'flaed by the cavern's mouth. The diminutive rider strode through towards the infirmary, looking for the activity nearby that Hurricath was posting her towards, and then she found them.

"Aha! Hello, Aemith's. Hurricath said there were eggs - could I have one, if there are enough left, please? Ae'flaed's voice was firm despite her years, warm and faintly apologetic.

P'earl.

"Sorry, P'earl. Hurricath only just told me your name."
Ezra
Wingsecond

Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:37 am
  • Link

P'nelo of Blue Easteth

Easteth tilted his head for a moment as he heard something about flit eggs. " P'nelo, didn't ya say you wanted a flit? Because there are eggs hatching in the lower caverns." He said and he was pleased to see his rider's face light up in a smile.

" Thank you Easteth! I will go see if I can be lucky enough to get there in time." She replied to her dragon and after attending to him, she dashed off towards the lower caverns with due haste.

P'nelo arrived as soon as she could, having been finishing up some tasks beforehand and hoped she was not too late. Finding herself a spot that was not blocking someone else, she offered a smile. " Hello there. I heard there were flit eggs hatching here. May I please procure one?" She asked, hoping she would have a chance. A flit would be an excellent member to her little family after all.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:39 am
  • Link

Elvira of Green Algonquinth

Elvira was heading down to the infirmary to get her arm checked. It had mostly healed since the wher attack on the candidates camping trip, but she still kept it in a sling. At her age, it was better to be safe and give it plenty of time to heal. It also made for a great conversation piece and an excuse for her to ask favors from young studs around the weyr. It was time for a routine check-up, to make sure it was still healing properly when the offer for firelizard eggs rang out.

What do you think, Gonk? Should we get you a little sibling?

The green scoffed in her mind. Don't patronize me. Though a flit may look like a dragon, they are not nearly as intelligent as we are. They're just pets that happen to have some use, not warriors like we are!

So do you want one or not?

...Yes.

Elvira smiled to herself as she approached the entrance to the infirmary and saw P'earl doting over the gold flit and her eggs. She butted her way to the front of the gathering crowd of people, using her hips to push people out of the way. "I'd just love one of those flit eggs, if you're giving them away." She spoke in a pleasant tone as if she hadn't bowled over several people to get to her position.
EW-NA
Wingleader

Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:41 am
  • Link

Orhm'in of Bronze Garth
--

Orhm'in had been hesitant to get a flit ever since impression. Garth had always been a hassle to keep under wraps, and frankly he'd thought it to be unfair. Not to the Bronze of course, but more the chance of leaving the firelizards to their own devises much of the time. Even in the little creatures were reasonably self-reliant, why bother keeping one if there was little expectation of care or attention?

Orhm'in felt differently now. Mostly because his big, obnoxious bonded was getting on his nerves, moreso then he ever had prior. Stealing off into Gold flights while his rider was mostly unaware and then almost causing fights in other ones. If he were honest, the Bronzerider was desperate for some simpler responsibility; some more cooperative companionship. Even if it was from a simple-minded pet flit. And frankly, it would probably serve helpful for an extra set of eyes and a way to sound an alarm when Garth.... Garth'd.

So Orhm'in made his way to the lower caverns, calm and quiet despite how Garth complained and refused to deal with a bothersome little pest coming into HIS weyr, eating HIS food, taking up HIS space, and blah blah blah---

The mild mannered rider shook off any lingering negativity as he stepped in the corridor, looking around in hopes of finding the right person.

"Hello? Is this where we can get a flit egg?" He asked politely, straightening himself out to stand presentably. "I'm hoping to get one, if possible. I can offer some marks for the trouble."

He barely felt the need to treat himself usually, so this seemed as good an excuse. Even the naughtiest, most ill-behaved firelizard would probably be a breeze compared to Garth
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:46 pm
  • Link

Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk

Relli had had chances to get a firelizard before. Her children had used to ask for one, when they first came to the weyr. Then Relsk, who loved animals a little too much for his own good, had renewed the pleas. She had always refused- she lived a full, busy life at the weyr, with no room for pets.

But her children were older now, settled into the creche and their lives at the weyr. She knew how to be a wherhandler- the routines all but embedded in her bones. Sometimes, it was her life before Fort Weyr that felt like a dream. She could barely remember her former husband's face and could no longer quite picture the lapine shaped blot on their ceiling.

Her days were still busy, but not in a way that left her too tired or afraid to breathe.

She could get a firelizard. Relsk still asked for one, every so often, when he remembered. And Rellivask had always been good with young ones, of all species.

But it wasn't only her whers her mind turned to. The idea of firelizards would always make her think of Esther, with her three insatiable pits of hunger, who (Relli suspected) loved her in their own way.

Maybe Relli would understand the greenrider better, if she tried to train a firelizard of her own. She could never be a dragonrider (and did not especially want to be), but she could know what it meant to Impress a firelizard.

It was as much impulse as anything else, that she met the garnetrider's eye and nodded, "My barrack has room for a firelizard."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
Windra
Wingrider

Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:37 pm
  • Link

Candidate Welleue

Holding true to his promise out in the weyrbowl, Welleue was tuning their singing saw to some lyrics in regards to whers and their habits, their dangers, their robust beauty and awesome brutality. It strung a haunting tune across the rocks - rebounding echo the bring an extra chill into the hearts already stung by winter. Welleue licked their lips as the aria's tail trickled and faded. The song was more solemn than they liked.

"Needs more spirit," they thought aloud. "And perhaps some more instruments. I wonder, perchance, if there are a few with resounding talents hidden within these old cave walls?"

Questions to be answered later mayhaps. A dragon was summoning individuals - anybody, it would seem - to the infirmary's radius. A clutch of fire-lizards would be breaking shell soon! It appeared as an open invitation and ... well, who was Welleue to pass up the opportunity? They didn't dare leave their instrument to the grabby hands of strangers and instead stalked through the tunnels with the long tool in hand, unhindered by its weight.

Though Welleue certainly shrunk at the group that was already collecting. "This puddle is becoming a pond," they muttered.

It was easy to see over their heads - Welleue was significantly taller than most of them. Thus they were privvy to identifying the various knots of wingriders and squad members. All of these folks were bonded. Intimidated, they gave a wide berth. They stood back several feet and raised a hand, clearing their throat and speaking loudly, clearly.

"Pardon me?" they addressed the lady who was assumed to be P'earl. "I would be interested, if you would allow me. I do have the marks to spare! My name is Welleue, and a harper will always have need for a young fire-lizard to help relay messages as well as convey companionship."
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:50 pm
  • Link

Mei of Blue Meisk

Though she'd had little appetite in wake of a restless night, Mei saw to her usual routine and had breakfast, Meisk quiet in her mind. It was as she was heading to begin her day proper that Aemith's voice touched her mind, among others, and Mei paused, contemplating. Firelizard hopefuls, called to gather for a chance at an egg from Solar's hatching clutch? Though she'd had countless chances previously, she'd seen no need for additional company; she'd had her family, followed by her friends and dearest Meisk. But her family was far from here, and her friends farther still. In truth, she had no one but Meisk. That was alright...wasn't it?

Mei sighed softly. A stray thought, thinking to a time lost to grief, where firelizards soared in a happy little flock above them, laughter following them up. Those firelizards were lost between, but that day wasn't. Not while she still lived. And that meant she had room in her heart left to give. What do you think, Meisk? she queried gently. A high whistle in reply, full of excitement and cheer, was all Mei needed to hear. Altering her course, she made for where Aemith had directed hopefuls gather, though she kept a wide length between her and everyone else to start. Carefully, she approached P'earl and Solar, managing a little smile. "Good evening, P'earl," she greeted, her voice soft. "I'm Mei of Meisk. I heard that you've firelizard eggs looking for homes. Should you will, I would be glad to volunteer."
Mal
Candidate

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:10 am
  • Link

Reane of Blue Moonzyth (any bold italic text from Reane's POV can be heard by nearby dragons)

Oh! Firelizards!Reane thought, imagining the graceful creatures swooping around her. She wanted one. No, she needed on. A pretty green or a handsome brown. A dashing Bronze or a clever Garnet. Any would do really. Her mental image flicked through the colors as she thought of them.

She giggled to herself as she made her way down to where P'earl had the eggs. She hummed a Harper song idly, her thoughts turning to a handsome Brownrider she had happened across not long ago, fantasizing about meeting him clandestinely on the watch heights to share a sweet kiss in the sunset.

Moonzyth rumbled, her eyes swirling. Reane. Calm down girl. Keep it in your skirt. she said, mentally laughing.

Reane colored and grinned ruefully as she entered the room.

"Hello! I'm Reane. I'd like a firelizard egg if you have on to spare." she said in her lilting voice, smiling broadly.
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Wingrider

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:49 am
  • Link

P’earl was utterly delighted by how many hopefuls had already arrived, especially given such a short time frame! She couldn’t have hoped for a better turnout, even if she’d tried. P’earl held out her arm for the gold, who promptly scrambled up her sleeve, and then so-very-neatly settled upon her shoulder.

The first to arrive were two men—one a slightly-out-of-breath brownrider, and the other a bluehandler, respectively—and P’earl briefly glanced at Solar, who chirruped cheerfully. Good, her little sunny girl was happy. She greeted L’fy, “Hello! Yes, of course you can, dear.” P’earl selected an egg, even as her Healer sensibilities momentarily took over, “Now, you remember to take a moment to catch your breath, laddie; wouldn’t do to accidentally drop your egg, now would it?” A kindly chuckle followed her words, as the garnetrider handed him his egg. Columbo was next, whose greeting was answered in kind. “Good evenin’, Columbo. And as for the flit; of course, that’s no problem!” She’d already palmed a second egg, and carefully proffered it to the wherhandler. “There we go. Enjoy!”

A second brownrider then coincidentally arrived right as a third tiny ‘crack!’ reached her ears from somewhere among the eggs still inside the sandy pot.

“Ah, sounds like somebody’s already rarin’ to go. Evenin’! You’re not too late at all, young man; in fact, we’re only just starting! Here, would you like this one?” P’earl had identified the source of the vigorous noises as an egg whose shell was already rapidly spiderwebbing with cracks, so she quickly—yet so-very-gently—scooped it up and passed it on over to Soon.

Not a moment too soon, for the egg then almost-violently exploded in the poor man’s hands. The shattered pieces fell away every which way, leaving behind in its explosive wake a very egg-goopy, but fiery little firelizard baby!

A garnet!

Her hide was a deep, fiery red base. Her headknobs looked similar to the horns of a ram in colour and pattern; and running down her neck and tail were markings that had the appearance of braided ‘hair’ gradually turning into flames. Upon her left flank sat an strange, slightly reddened dark-coloured symbol, seemingly nestled within an ‘fire’. The symbol was shaped like a V with mildly curved ends, or, with some imagination, like an extremely simplified ram’s face.

The lean spitfire of an garnet shook herself off, flaring her wings confidently; an viesta of miniature stars abruptly appearing into view, splattered as they were across her inner wingsails. The newborn flit glanced around, seeming pleased that she appeared to have been the FIRST of her siblings to hatch.

“Awww, congratulations! She’s an absolute stunner, dear.” P’earl said, the Healer grinning even as the garnet baby in question began to shriek for food from the human whose hands she’d found herself in. “Well, you’d best go get that cute lil’ belly filled, then. Take good care of her, would you? Solar and I’ll be around if you need anythin’, laddie.” Solar chirruped as if in agreement, the little queen’s throat still vibrating from her welcoming hum.

Next to arrive was Ae’flaed, whose dragon had just alerted Aemith (and therefore P’earl) to the greenrider’s coming. “Ah, Ae’flaed, was it? Hello! No worries, ma’am. Of course you can have one. Here, I think this one’s lovely; what d’you think?” Another egg exchanged hands—from hers to Ae’flaed’s—even as a younger woman too joined their growing crowd. A bluerider, this time.

“Of course you may, dearie,” P’earl replied to P’nelo, “in fact, I have the feeling that this one just might be right up your alley! I could well be wrong, of course, so please do take that with a pinch o’ salt; even a seasoned Healer like me can’t always predict what kind of firelizard one might get. Yeah?” She smiled warmly, as she presented to the bluerider the next egg. Which had only just begun to show signs of cracking.

Then there was a small commotion that announced Elvira’s arrival, drawing away P’earl’s attention. She did raise an eyebrow at the older woman, but nevertheless greeted the greenrider all the same. “Hello, Elvira. Decided to have a flit on the way to your checkup, eh?” P’earl said drily, though her current ‘proud doting aunt’ smile took the sting out of it, as she offered her an egg.

Then yet another minuscule ‘crack!’ caught her ear, this time coming from the egg now slowly breaking apart in P’nelo’s hands. Aha.

After a moment, the eggshell pieces fell away to reveal..

Aww, what a sweet-looking little blue!

His hide’s base colour was a light blue shade, which darkened into a deeper shade of blue on all four legs and on his tailforks. Squiggles and lines mark the tops of his legs, and a chunky ‘necklace’ in a shade of ice-blue encircles his neck; upon closer inspection, the two shapes at the front of the ‘necklace’ looked similar to the pincers of an crab. The same ice blue shade coloured his dorsal ridges from neck to tail. Like his fiery sister, he too had starry inner wingsails; and an rather odd dark-coloured symbol on his left flank. Unlike the garnet’s, however, this symbol was seemingly enclosed within an ‘bubble’, instead of being aflame; with smaller ‘bubbles’ surrounding it. This symbol looked a lot like an sideways ‘69’ in shape, for some reason.

The newborn blue gave a quiet little chirp. He clearly seemed a bit reserved, in comparison to his garnet sister, but yet, he was still gazing up adoringly at his new human.

“Awww. He looks like a sweetheart! Congratulations, and take good care of him, too, m’dearie. Please know that we’ll be ‘round if you need anything, ‘kay?”

Then a few more newcomers arrived. First, a bronzerider, who offered marks; an delighted P’earl merely waved that off, remarking, “Oh, never mind that! There’s no value that’s high enough, or perfect enough, for the priceless love of a firelizard! In my eyes, anyway.” She chuckled warmly, “Now, let’s see.. How ‘bout this one for you?” The garnetrider presented Orhm’in with yet another egg from her quickly dwindling selection.

Next came an dual handler with a simple request, who met her eyes and nodded. P’earl smiled and nodded back, handing her the next egg she’d picked out. It had been beginning to crack and wobble consistently for the last several minutes, so P’earl guessed this one was probably going to pop out next. “This one seems like it’d fit right in with your vibe, ma’am. Enjoy!”

The Healer was soon proven correct a few moments later—regarding her assumption of when it would hatch—as the eggshell finally fell apart, only to deposit the third egg-goopy baby thus far into Relli’s palms.

A green!

And what a pretty one she was, too.

Her hide was a deep-toned base of emerald green, with a full row of spring green dorsal ridges. The same shade colour her tailforks; and much like her garnet sister, her headknobs were patterned, but this time seemingly akin to the horns of a bull. These ‘horns’ were pale with greenish-golden tips, and ringed by decorative green ‘jewellery’. An starry sky shone forth from her inner wingsails, just like both of her siblings thus far—P’earl had the feeling this was probably going to be a running theme—as well as yet another strange symbol on her flank. It was similar to the others, and yet, different again! This one’s colour was much lighter, for one thing, and for another, it also seemed to have markings in an similar colour that gave it the impression of viney ‘leaves’ growing right out of the rounded sigil. This symbol was shaped like a horned circle, or, if one were to squint a bit, shaped like a simplified bull’s head.

The newborn green paused only long enough to give a succinct chirrup at her shrieking garnet sister—as if the younger flit was telling her to please shut up and let everybody have some peace and quiet, or so Faranth help her—then she turned back to Relli. She gave a significantly softer chirp than the one used on her sister, and that combined with her gaze and body language to create a straightforward request to be fed, pretty please.

“Ah, congratulations, ma’am, she’s gorgeous!” P’earl exclaimed, before an candidate hovering at the edge of the gathering gained her attention.

She beamed kindly at Welleue, beckoning them in, “Lovely manners. Never mind the marks, dear; an’ you’re right, a firelizard is always useful! Here, I hope this one turns out to be a suitable match for you, Welleue.” Another egg gently scooped up, and proffered.

A older woman approached, this one a bluehandler, according to her knots, and P’earl nodded to her in greeting, her eyes sparkling. “Good evenin’, Mei. Still a few eggs left, so you’re in luck! How ‘bout this lovely little one?” Another egg safely secured.

Wow, her egg selection was dwindling rather quickly. Three eggs left to be claimed, already!

Make that two, P’earl. We’ve got a loud one coming.

What d’you mean, Aemith? Loud? Yeah, she’s got loud thoughts. …Ah. Do you wanna hea—not now, sweetheart. Gotta focus, m’love. Maybe later?

P’earl smiled back at Reane, “Hello Reane! Of course, there’s still a few left of Solar’s eggs to choose from. Say, would you like this one, dear?”
Last edited by Dragon_Dreamer_2018 on Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
FORT WEYR

A’mi of Bronze Voidarth

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar. Firelizard Bubbles)

Femisis
Wingleader

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:01 pm
  • Link

Cress of Brown Lumiouth

Cress was in the middle of her dinner when a dragon's summons went out, not for anything super important, but firelizard eggs... that intrigued her. Might be nice to have one for messages, or even just a companion. Not that you aren't great, Lumiouth, She said to her dragon.

I see how it is, The brown moaned, voice laced with fake hurt. I didn't realize how easily replaceable I was. He teased.

Yeah, I'll take a mini you over you, Cress replied with a laugh. Hurrying though the rest of her dinner, she cleared her place before heading to the lower caverns, making sure to grab some bits of meat for the new baby. Hopefully she wasn't too late.

Entering the room, Cress looked around for whoever seemed to be in charge. "Oh, hey. Got any firelizards left? I'd like one if you do." Sheesh, there were a lot of people here already. Maybe she should have eaten faster...

Remy of Blue Resk

With the days getting shorter, Remy had taken to getting up a bit earlier than usual to spend some more time with Resk before attending to their duties. Some days (or nights), like today, Resk continued to sleep, so Remy found herself with time to herself, time she hadn't planned on filling. She wasn't quite ready for breakfast, so reading was considered until Aemith announced the hatching of Solar's clutch.

" Huh. Not like I'm doing anything else right now." She said to herself. Pulling on shoes, she gave Resk a pat on the snout before leaving, making a beeline for the indicated room. She made good time, or so she thought- the room was pretty full already. "Room for one more?" She asked P'earl with a questioning headtilt.
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth | Kojaku
Byleth of Brown Gilgath
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Jushiro of Brown Kotowarith
Megumi of Blue Zoth
Akira of Green Auruth | Kukuri
Gaelio of Green Vacuouth | Kimaris
Li'dyn of Green Vairrianth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith | Heavyarms
Remy of Blue Resk
Candidate Izumi
High Reaches Weyr
Hong'lu of Bronze Gerauth
Izuku of Bronze Xistanorth
Hitoshi of Blue Telliuth | Riot
Keith of Blue Shinadoth | Romelle
Shouto of Green Drivith | Mnythri
V'dar of Green Liralith
Juniper of Green Junipesk
Weyrling Saruhiko of Green Neneth
Wherling Adaman of Blue Adamansk | Dialga
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Chrom of Garnet Joth | Stahl Zozi
Lio of Garnet Shisenitath | Ringtail
Minato of Blue Charoth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
Weyrling Le'na of Garnet Jeroth
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:27 am
  • Link

Relli wasn't sure what her "vibe" was or how it fit a firelizard egg, but the egg in her hand was warm, the shell hard and already starting to tremble. She barely had time to speak or process before the little firelizard sat in her hands. A green. A very cute, little green, who seemed to have all her toes and wings and tailforks and all the other usual firelizard parts.

It had been a long time since Relli had held a newborn of any species, but she found herself charmed all over again.

And grateful that her firelizard didn't shriek as loudly as her garnet sister.

"She's lovely," Relli agreed with the healer, with a smile, as the green looked up at her, eyes full of hunger and want.

Relli obligingly offered the food and felt the strange sensation of the firelizard's mind linking to hers. The mental touch was lighter than her whers' had been, like butterfly wings, a spark, not a roaring flame.

But they were linked, all the same. Relli could feel her straightforward, simple hunger. Her desire for quiet. Her curiosity about Relli's whers- and theirs for her.

She'll need a name, Relli thought to Relsk, who had always been the most eager of them for a firelizard, Would you like to choose one?

Relsk instantly perked up, delighted by the offer, as Relli had known he would be, but he didn't answer right away, trying to take his time to find a good one, Momo. Like Momo. Cute name for cute firelizard. Will play good games and go on best adventures. And will take care of too. Promise.

Relli didn't doubt it.

So Momo it was.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Wingrider

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:50 am
  • Link

P’earl greeted the latest newcomers with an exuberant smile, “Ah, just in time! Welcome, welcome. I’ve got exactly two eggs left, and it seems that as fate would have it; they’re destined for you two!” The Healer said, grinning as she cafefully transfered from the now-empty pot an egg each to Cress and Remy respectively. “Excellent, that’s all of the eggs taken care of; so now we wait. Won’t be long—see, there’s already three of Solar’s lil’ beauties! Aren’t they just adorable?” She enthused, her entire demeanour that of the doting ‘aunt’/firelizard grandma she was.

Another tiny ‘crack!’ alerted P’earl, who clocked it as belonging to the egg nestled in L’fy’s hands.

“…ooh, hear that? That means more beautiful babies to come!”

L’fy’s egg wobbled and rocked a bit, minuscule spiderweb cracks spreading further across its surface during each spurt of motion. A tiny foot managed to punch out of the shell, its talons abruptly clawing into empty air for a few moments. The rocking paused briefly, as the exposed foot withdrew back in. The baby within seemed to be considering how to solve this unexpected problem… after a beat, the egg’s movement restarted once more—clearly the flit inside had thought of an solution! Eventually, the egg flopped over sideways, only to then seem to.. stand up? No, that was the baby—for four miniature draconic legs were briefly visible under there—and then suddenly multiple eggshell pieces shattered away to fall about the feet of an distinctly pleased-looking firelizard baby.

Aw, what a clever, creative little blue!

His hide was coloured a shade of watery blue, criss-crossed by markings of an lighter sky blue that looked astonishingly like sunlit ripples all over his body; the kind seen underwater. Like his siblings before him, the inner wingsails of his wings were covered by an vista of stars—yep, this is clearly a running theme, P’earl decided—as well as a feathered-wing-like pattern running along the back of his wings. And there was another light-coloured sigil emblazoned upon his left flank. This symbol seemed much less strange than the others had been; it was simpler, with no extra ‘features’—no leaves or bubbles or the like. Its shape looked like two zig-zagging parallel lines, as if mimicking angular waves.

The newborn blue chirruped, and held up one of the nicer pieces of his eggshell, as if he intended to gift it to his new human. Aww. “What a charmin’ lil’ problem solver, that one! Congratulations, lad. Take good care of him, and please do let us know if you need anything, ’kay?”

Then the egg in Remy’s palms abruptly began to crack loudly, as if summoned by P’earl’s ‘charming’ comment. She chuckled; the rider wasn’t sure about everyone else, but this one had definitely gotten her attention! The egg tilted and wobbled about rather theatrically, as if the baby inside sensed the attention it was garnering and wanted to fully capitalise on it. This went on for a little while, until an final ‘crrrrack!!’ sounded, and then the next thing P’earl knew, there was an somewhat egg-goopy baby flit dramatically posing amidst the eggshell ruins, with a curved piece balanced precariously upon his head.

Oh wow. A flashy bronze! And clearly quite the drama king.

His hide was a typical base shade of bronze, and adorned by multiple different types of ‘jewellery’ markings—all of which had various sun-like motifs in common. The colour scheme of these markings often alternate between hues of pale bronze and a deep dark bronze.
The same colours also decorate his eye area in an fancy pattern of lines, dots and enlonged diamond shapes. His inner wingsails, too were starry, and he bore an dark-coloured sigil on his flank; one that looked almost identical to that of his garnet sister. Except for the actual shape of the fiery symbol: instead of a V, his was shaped like a small circle with a long curved line, somewhat reminiscent of a weirdly-formed hook.

The bold and self-absorbed little bronze let out a little theatrical aria of a warble—just because he could, apparently, since he had an audience—and his eggshell ‘hat’ promptly fell off as he proceeded to set about dramatically demanding food and attention from Remy. P’earl couldn’t help but chuckle at his antics, “..Looks like you’ve got yourself a flashy little handful there, dear. Congratulations, and good luck! Take good care of him, would you? Solar and I’ll be ‘round if you need anything.”

Admidst all the fuss kicked up by the bronze’s hatching, another egg had begun cracking—and this time it was Ae’flaed’s.

The egg rocked more sedately than its previous siblings had, the baby inside clearly diligently working away at its eggshell. After a little while, it at last broke apart to reveal a yet another beautiful newborn firelizard.

Ooh, a lovely brown!

His hide was a base shade of light brown tan, with markings coloured in a significantly lighter shade—one that was much closer to a creamy hue than it was to the base. Like his garnet and green sisters so far, his headknobs were similarly patterned to a goat’s horns. All four of his legs bore squiggly markings that made each limb appear slightly scaly, and the same creamy hue colour his dorsal ridges. A simple, pretty motif lines his eye area, and continues a short distance down his face.

His inner wingsails carried the by-now-familiar clutch theme of a starry sky, and the leafy symbol on his left flank was almost identical to that of his green sister’s; except for the colour (creamy) and shape, of course. This sigil was shaped quite similarly to a lowercase N, with a looped curl of an tail.

The stubbornly diligent little brown merely loafed in the middle of the eggshell wreckage, as if the pieces of his egg was akin to a security blanket of sorts.

“Aww, isn’t he a cute lil’ stunner too! Congratulations, ma’am.”
FORT WEYR

A’mi of Bronze Voidarth

HIGH REACHES WEYR

SEMACA WEYR

phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux