Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

The Grind Never Stops [Gen]

The center part of the Weyr. It stretches out from stone to stone. Grasslands stretch across the dirt, and there is a freshwater lake on the southwest side, near the feeding grounds.
memerina
Weyrfolk

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:16 am

The Grind Never Stops [Gen]

And streeeetch... Titabeth stood there, stretching his body, as his rider stood next to him. And release! Whew, exercising's getting easier as I go along. I could do this all day. T'fon gave his dragon a warm smile and a small clap in response. "Nice! But, if you exercise every day, won't you get worn out, eventually?"
Nope! Quite the opposite, mine. The dragon nodded. Gotta always be prepared for thread, be prepared to defend our weyr from threats! That's why we're here, after all! The rider lightly chuckled. "I guess you're right."

Titabeth jogged lightly on the spot. Gotta work the legs too, you see. You never know what will happen come Fall! T'fon took a step back, not wanting his massive bronze to stand on him while jogging, as he looked around the bowl - were anyone else's dragons as feisty and prepared as Titabeth? "Do all dragons do as much-"
Yeah! he yelled, mid-sentence. I'll prove it! He called to a nearby Blue and his rider in the area, yelling excitedly. Hey! C'mere! I gotta prove something!
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 am

Kintokith's head swiveled around to the bronze, honestly confused. He perked up considerably when Titabeth explained, nudging Lena up and trotting over. She followed, just as confused as her dragon had been a few moments before.

What am I helping prove? He asked, eyes whirling in amusement. Lena laughed. Of course Kintokith would be excited to help, even if he barely knew what he was helping with!

"Hmmm. Some rider-dragon contention?" She asked, looking to T'fon with a smile. "A friendly competition of sorts? Heheh."
memerina
Weyrfolk

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:46 pm

Y'know! The bronze kept proud, despite exercising on the spot. He was enjoying himself, but made sure to maintain his pride. After all, he was a bronze! He had to be a role model. So many people might look up to him! Dragons need to constantly be in the best shape possible to protect Pern. My rider is not quite sure of that!

"Ahaha..." T'fon laughed nervously. As much as he loved Titabeth, he did always think he was right, and would always proclaim his opinion as though it were fact. "Less friendly competition and more... I'm not sure he needs to be on his feet all the time." He wondered what his dragon had roped him into - in a way, he might've thought he was attempting to build up his confidence, and to help him make friends. Either that, or Titabeth was just... being Titabeth. "That and he'll take any excuse to start being active and talking to people... he's kind of a people-person... people-dragon?"
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Hmm... well, surely it's not a bad idea right? Being prepared is better than not! He nodded his head a bit, as if agreeing with himself. Lena chuckled faintly at T'fon.

"Dragons will do what they do. Everyone's dragon is a little different. But I think he has a point. Being prepared is definitely a good thing, but!" She turned to the bronze like a stern mother, wagging her finger at him. "Overworking yourself will only make it harder to give it your all when thread does come around! It sounds like you're training more than necessary. No need to worry your rider right?"

She smiled cheerfully, turning to T'fon.

"Everything in moderation, right? We can't burn ourselves out before thread is even falling. We need strength to be our best when the time comes."
memerina
Weyrfolk

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:18 am

Exactly! Titabeth beamed at Kintokith. You never know what will happen. He took a brief pause from working out, to look at the others. When Lena spoke, however, T'fon nodded - he agreed with her, this was a fine middle ground. "Yeah! I think that sounds like a good strategy... he's just made of energy, you see. He doesn't seem to think he'll get burned out."

Because I won't get burned out! I don't get burned out! The dragon sounded enthusiastic - and the rider sheepishly laughed and scratched the back of his head. He soon realised he didn't actually... know anything about these two. He smiled at Lena, warmly, taking glances between her and the dragon. "So what's your name, anyway?"
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 am

She couldn't help but laugh. Of course Titabeth didn't think he could burn out! She wouldn't expect any less! Lena sighed thoughtfully, shaking her head a bit.

"Oh luv... you'll get there one day. And I'm sure your rider won't let you forget it." She turned to T'fon. "On that note, it sounds like this one is just gonna have to learn the hard way that he's not endlessly energetic." She seemed surprised by that, before extending her hand with a bright grin. "Lena of Blue Kintokith! Nice to meet you, bronzerider."

I don't think his name is bronzerider, Lena. Kintokith countered, obviously amused.
memerina
Weyrfolk

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:55 am

T'fon shook the hand, with a friendly smile. These two definitely seemed kind enough - not intimidating, not threatening; just a kind lady and her friendly blue. Thank Faranth it was these two that Titabeth decided to call over, and not someone much more hostile. "Nice to meet you, I'm T'fon and this is Titabeth." As he was named, the dragon looked between the blue pair, proud to meet new people. Hello!

As Kintokith spoke, T'fon gave a chuckle. "It's alright, I've been called 'bronzerider' many times." Titabeth nodded his head. It's true, he often never properly introduces himself, he's always a little nervous to do so. Lately he's been getting less so! T'fon chuckled nervously, yet again. In this moment he wanted his dragon to pull back, and perhaps not embarrass him. "Haha... yeah..." He scratched the back of his head, and quickly changed the subject with a question pointed at Lena and Kintokith. "So what're you doing in the area, then?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux