Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Soaking Up the Sun [ Fel]

The center part of the Weyr. It stretches out from stone to stone. Grasslands stretch across the dirt, and there is a freshwater lake on the southwest side, near the feeding grounds.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Fri May 10, 2024 6:15 am
  • Link

Soaking Up the Sun [ Fel]

Artoirel and Jitteboth were taking in a rare moment to relax, despite his tenure as Weyrleader soon to be changing, as he was certain Serapheth would rise sometime this year, it did not slow down his work ethic. Having finally been able to get back to some sense of normal, he decided today would be a good time to touch base with one of his younger brothers and today, that brother was Soon. He had sent Ironbone off to deliver a note to said brother to meet him here for an outdoor lunch.

He had gotten some of his siblings favorites, though it was far too warm for klah, he had found a cook willing to try to make a cold variant.. hopefully this would not end in disaster. He had also gotten a few sweet pastries, splurging a few marks to make sure they would be something they might both enjoy.

Jitteboth was laying out in the sun, soaking in the early summer warmth, his wings folded down his back and for once, the brown was allowing himself the moment of respite. His head was resting on his front legs and a content hum was coming from him. Smiling warmly and glad to see his dragon was also enjoying the break, he tossed a greeting wave as he seen the familiar shock of blond hair and the pretty brown that belonged to his brother approaching. It was long overdue time for a bit of brotherly bonding.
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 am
  • Link

Soon hadn't seen enough of Artoirel lately. He supposed that was little surprise; they were both busy with their respective duties. Especially Artoirel, he supposed. It was a wonder they even got to see each other at all.

But now it was a lovely summer day, and Kagurath glided down toward the dark form of Jitteboth in the Weyrbowl. Hello Jitteboth, Artoirel, she said softly as she landed, after some assistance from her rider to recall their names.

Soon returned Artoirel's wave, then dismounted. "Your note said lunch was involved. I hope you didn't go to too much trouble."
Ezra
Wingsecond

Tue May 14, 2024 12:10 pm
  • Link

Jitteboth lifted his head as Kagurath approached. " Greetings to you as well, Kagurath and good to see you again, Soon." The brown replied, shifting his position so that Kagurath could have room to get comfortable in the sun as well. The content hum resumed from him as he laid his head back down on his front legs.

Artoriel allowed the smile to cross his entire face this time, even in the eyes. Offering a bow to Kagurath, he then turned to his brother, leaning a bit heavier on his cane as he approached his sibling, offering an arm out for a hug. " It is indeed and honestly, we both could use a little bit of excess, so yes I splurged a bit. Its been far too long since we allowed ourselves to do so and I am feeling very generous today." He replied, a grin on his face after he spoke. " I hope you have brought your appetite, for there is a lot. Also, not sure how well its going to taste but worked with one of the cooks to try to make a cold variant of klah, as its much too hot for a hot beverage. I am hoping it does not turn out in disaster. I did not have time to taste beforehand." He replied, scratching the back of his neck.
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Thu May 16, 2024 1:39 am
  • Link

"Oh, you know me. My appetite is always intact," Haurchefant replied with a grin as he hugged his brother. Though truth be told he wasn't really sure what he'd done to deserve an excess of anything at all. There were other riders at the Weyr who had done far more of actual importance.

"And anyway, I'm sure it will taste fine. Klah isn't bad once it cools down either, and I'm sure something intentionally chilled will be better still."

He sat, mostly so that his brother didn't feel the need to keep standing either.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux