Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Beautiful Day [open]

The center part of the Weyr. It stretches out from stone to stone. Grasslands stretch across the dirt, and there is a freshwater lake on the southwest side, near the feeding grounds.
Dragon
Candidate

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:47 am
  • Link

Beautiful Day [open]

Issalle was at liberty in the weyrbowl, laying back in a field of soft grass and sweet-smelling wildflowers. It was a truly lovely late spring day, the sun shining overhead as Salle chewed on a stalk of long grass, one hand over her face to filter out the bright light from above.

Geth was back on their weyrledge, sunning themself, as Issalle did the same in the weyrbowl. It was such a nice day, so very sunny and warm, that Issalle was starting to doze off and so was Geth.

Stirring when she heard the sound of footsteps, Salle pushed herself up onto her elbows, looking toward the sound. "Hello! Beautiful day, isn't it?"
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:22 pm
  • Link

"It is," K'ryn said in easy reply. Between her relatively newfound duties as a Wingsecond and how altogether busy a dragonrider's life was, she could forget to take a moment for herself sometimes. Today was indeed a beautiful day; mild as spring was wont to be, but sunny enough to bathe Fort in a gentle warmth. Ekavieth had to remind her to enjoy it, to forget she had duties and responsibilities for but a moment and appreciate a new spring. For once, K'ryn listened. Starting her day off right meant a cup or two of klah alongside her green, so to enjoy a drink both were so fond of. After that was a walk, whereupon K'ryn had stumbled upon someone else also taking advantage of such a gorgeous day; she was a dragonrider too, by her knots, but not one of her wing. "I hope I'm not intruding," she added as she managed a small polite smile, hands resting easily behind her back, standing a short space away from Issalle.
Dragon
Candidate

Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:51 pm
  • Link

The whiterider smiled up at the older rider, shifting into a seated position in the grass. "You're not intruding at all!" Issalle said brightly. She didn't recognize the other woman, not by name, but she thought that she might have seen her around the Weyr before. Salle wasn't familiar with every face in the Weyr, after all! No one was.

The loops and tassel of the other woman's shoulder knot indicated that she was the wingsecond of Aurora Wing, and a greenrider. Issalle knew that it was just as clear what she was since she was wearing her own shoulder knot announcing the fact. However, what someone was and who they were weren't the same thing. "I'm Issalle of White Geth. I'd love to have some company if you were looking to pass some time."
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:00 am
  • Link

"I'm glad," K'ryn said as she nodded, in response to Issalle's reassurance that she wasn't intruding. "Well met, Issalle of Geth," she added, drawing closer and reciprocating in introducing herself. "K'ryn of Ekavieth, Wingsecond of Aurora." Sitting comfortably enough nearby, she took a breath of Fort's fresh spring air while considering her answer to Issalle's offer. "Passing time is one way to put it," she said in a huff that could be called a laugh. "My green practically ordered me to vacate our weyr." It was an exaggeration, but an amusing one. To her. If you hadn't relented, I would've commanded you to take care of yourself, Ekavieth snorted in her mind in response. "But I'd be glad to join you, thank you," K'ryn went on aloud. "Such a day should be shared, I suppose."
Dragon
Candidate

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 am
  • Link

K'ryn of Ekavieth. "It's a pleasure to meet you," Issalle said with a smile. She could understand getting kicked out of the weyr by a meddlesome dragon; Geth sometimes stuck their snout in about things too. Sure, Salle didn't regularly get bossed around by the white, but they had their own opinions.

This dragon does not need to boss you around. You are sensible when this one makes requests.

Issalle cracked another smile at her dragon's private words. "I agree that a day like this is a good one for sharing, and for making new friends." Whether or not she and K'ryn wound up as friends was another thing, but they could at least share a lovely spring morning together.
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:28 am
  • Link

K'ryn said nothing for a time, seeming to contemplate Issalle's words, though she cracked a smile and huffed a little breath of laughter. Making new friends? Ekavieth grumbled uneasily in her mind, a sentiment mirrored in K'ryn, to a degree. "Making new friends, huh?" she said behind a little smile that slowly warmed into something closer to a muted grin, crossing her ankles comfortably as she regarded Issalle. "I could stand to make a few more." Ekavieth sighed grumpily on her ledge, but K'ryn didn't acknowledge her other than to wordlessly soothe her; she was a big girl who could readily talk to a fellow dragonrider for a few minutes.
Dragon
Candidate

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:12 am
  • Link

"Couldn't everybody?" Issalle asked with a broad smile. She knew that she could ... and frankly so could Geth. Her dragon was odd and a bit standoffish, but that didn't mean that they didn't need friendly interaction!

This dragon does not need you to play matchmaker, Geth observed dryly to their rider.

Hush, you, Salle teased, the bulk of her attention on K'ryn at the moment. "You must be pretty busy, as a Wingsecond," she continued. "I imagine you don't have a lot of time for yourself or for making new friends ... but today is the perfect day for it."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux