Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Sky Sailors [Flight]

All roads lead somewhere, and all skies stand overhead. Includes any place in the immediate vicinity of the Weyr.
memerina
Candidate

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Sky Sailors [Flight]

Paro, darling, may I make a request? Kaioth's voice was like a gentle whisper, but it still caught her rider's attention. "Mm? What is it?" The dragon gazed into the bright, blue, winter sky; considering the season, it was a relatively nice day. I wish to take to the skies, dear. I wish to dance tonight, in the sky, with a dear partner. Paro paused, and rolled her eyes, standing up to lock her door. As Kaioth had flown many times before, by now, she was used to this. "Sure. Do what you want, Kaioth."

I shan't be long, dear. Kaioth gave a final nod to Paro as she stood on the weyrledge before she took off into the bright, blue sky, calling across the Weyr, her voice almost melodic as she does so. A soft chill breeze ran through the air, yet, this did not stop her.

Dear dragons of Fort Weyr, it is a beautiful winter's day. May you join me, as we dance across the skies together?
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Brickth looked at Regal as he saw the green take to the sky, 'Do you mind if I chase her, Regal? She is quite a striking beauty.'

Regal looked at him and offered a soft smile to the brown dragon, 'I wouldn't oppose it. Just do not do anything to make her uncomfortable.'

'You say that as if I'm a monster!' With that, the large brown opened his wings and he took off into the sky after Kaioth.

"It is quite a wonderful evening, but nothing is quite as stunning as you, lovely Kaioth." The brown spoke in a nice, pleasant and warm voice as he looked at her.
Tyto
Weyrling

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Kakarith lifted his bronzen head, watching as the green streaked across the winter sky, and rose from his spot along the ridge where he had taken to sunning. Spreading his wings, he dipped gracefully from his spot, diving down and rising up with a lazy twirl, following after her. A lovely day for a dance, and a lovlier partner to dance with, he crooned as he joined with the green and her other suitor.

Back in his weyr, Asherah leaned against the wall, quietly strumming his lute to a tune he was making up as he went along.
Kimikelo
Wingrider

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Unsurprisingly to possibly no one, Charlith launched himself into the air without commentary to B'rent and only a grunt of protest out of the bluerider. He winged into the air swiftly, his eyes whirling happily at yet another flight and another chase, delighting in the fun and bonding.

Good night! Good fly! I'm not so sure about dancing, but I'm pretty good at flying! Want to see? Charlith called enthusiastically, bugling into the sky.
Last edited by Kimikelo on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Baptiste held no protests, though he was a bit surprised when Rolth simply took off from their weyr to give chase. He blinked at the spot the blue had been only a moment before, snorting.

"See you later?" He asked the empty weyr, more amused than startled.

Pardon me. Kaioth rises. I will join her.

Ah, that's what it was. He shook his head, laughing a little to himself.

Yes, a beautiful day. I shall join you as well, Kaioth
memerina
Candidate

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Kaioth looked out among the chasers, why, some of them were so graceful. She was always fond of beautiful words, beautiful skies, and most of all - beautiful dragons.

All of you are wonderful. She twirled gracefully in the sky, as she praised them further. Brickth, you too are just as stunning as the glorious day on which we fly. Kakarith, you shine stronger than the stars in the clearest of nights. Charlith, I agree - you are very good at flying, dear. And Rolth - a soldier you are, and strong-willed you always will be. Yet, only one of you can take this dance... She continued to fly higher into the air, taking graceful paths - almost choreographed like a dance routine.
Tyto
Weyrling

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Kakarith rumbled quietly--an amused sound, though not one of offense to Kaioth. This was the first that he had heard such flattery from the one whom they were trying to impress. He beat his wings, gracefully following her dance in his own way. He was the largest of her suitors but by no means the least graceful, narrow wings allowing him ease of acrobatics.

Swirling around each of the others for a moment, as if dancing with them in turn, he plled slightly ahead--but not coming so close as to risk crowding her. Ah, but the moons shall always outshine the stars, dear Kaioth, and you are brighter still.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Brickth seemed happy with what she said, following her and spinning around in a hope to impress her, "Ah, but you are truly the most radiant creature in the sky today, Kaioth~." The brown seemed to hum as he said that, looking at the green dragon.

"Not even the sun in the sky can rival your beauty and stunning~."
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Rolth wasn't nearly as graceful, being larger for his color. Still, he followed Kaioth dutifully. His was less a dance and more like the ordered movements of a soldier. Instead of grace, he aimed for accuracy and speed, following the twirls as they climbed higher and higher.

A soldier that will follow you dutifully. I can't claim to dance as well as you, but I will do my best.
Kimikelo
Wingrider

Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:06 am

Charlith wasn't good with words, and indeed he was not much of a sky dancer, much better at simple point-A to point-B flying.. but he kept up with the undulating bodies in the air, managing not to slam into people or be overmuch of a nuisance despite his lack of grace. He just wanted to be included. To participate in something that wasn't angry or hurtful.

You fly pretty! Charlith offered, helpfully.
memerina
Candidate

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Kaioth continued to look among the competitors, between all of their beautiful dances across the sky. She knew she could only choose one - and she knew that Paro would want her to choose a blue, as in her eyes, Blues chase Greens, Browns and Bronzes chase Golds. However... Kaioth didn't care much for Paro's views. She chose who she wanted to choose.

Kakarith, would you like to take this dance? It has been an honour flying with you today.
Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:59 pm

For a moment, Kakarith seemed genuinely surprised to be Kaioth's choice. He rumbled softly, like a gentle sound of affection, and drew closer to the smaller green. The honour has been mine, dear Kaioth. And it was, truly. I will dance the day away with you, shall you wish it so.

Back in his Weyr, Asherah felt his face redden. What a bother; now he was going to have to see Paro around the Weyr. Hopefully she didn't say anything or get... weird, about this.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux