Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[CANDIDATES] Story of an Egg

Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:36 pm
  • Link

[CANDIDATES] Story of an Egg

Despite everything that's happened lately- there are eggs on the sands and we have another chance to become riders! Are you excited? Does any of these eggs feel like The One to you? I hope it's finally my turn!
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
Windra
Wingrider

Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:53 pm
  • Link

Liurnia cackled, leaning her back against the rocks as she sat cross-legged on her cot. "Oh c'mon, is there any doubt? Those eggs are massive, and lively and heck yeah, I'll be a weyrling when the shells bust open. Wait'll you see! It's gonna be a-may-zing!"

Her arms gestured wildly in the air with her words. She was happily munching on some dry, seasoned bread chunks, licking the flavors of her lips when the crumbs got stuck. She casually offered some to whoever was closest.

"I mean not all of ya are gonna be badass like me. But ya can try. And there's always gonna be more eggs, amIright?"
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:51 pm
  • Link

Bronson

"Heh," Bronson said, leaning back on the common area couch and lacing his fingers together behind his head. "Well, I don't know about anyone else, but after that touching, all I can say is that I am definitely a pretty hot topic among those eggs. I was getting a lot of interest. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a brawl on the sands over me."

He gazed over whoever else was present, silently deciding who was most likely to get what kind of color. "This is gonna be the best hatching ever, just you wait and see."

Heiro

Candidates seemed to be discussing the eggs all over the barracks. Some were in their rooms, others in the common area. Heiro was standing in the hall, trying to listen in on as many of the conversations as she could.

The touching had been mixed for her. Some eggs had seemed receptive to her, others had been thoroughly unimpressed by her, some had seemed even outright upset at her.

Heiro wasn't the sort of woman to taking to romantic flights of fancy, but she'd heard too many stories about how riders had known which egg would have their dragon inside it. Part of her wanted that instant moment of rock solid certainty the moment she saw her egg. Or...any certainty at all, really. The eggs that had liked her had liked other candidates too. Was that usual? There hadn't been a hatching at Fort since she'd come here, so she wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Still, she had been second best all her life. She wouldn't want a dragon to simply settle for her because the candidate they actually wanted had already been taken. So she supposed there was nothing for her to do but wait and see what would happen.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:31 am
  • Link

Candidate Costanza

Costanza was sitting in a chair in the common area, trying to read while the other candidates around him were discussing the touching. He looked up at Bronson, who was just oozing arrogance in a way that made him sick.

"Hold up there," he said, putting down the papers he had been pouring over. "You think that the dragonets are going to be fighting over you? Well, let me tell you, there were plenty of them that were quite fond of me, too. I'd say my chances of walking off the sands with a new partner are basically guaranteed."

He wasn't actually that sure. Hopeful, yes, but he didn't want Bronson to see that he was actually unsure of himself. Too many of the other candidates had gotten it into their heads that he wasn't rider material, based on the conversations he'd had after the camping trip. He wanted to prove them wrong.

"If the hatchlings are going to be fighting over anyone, it's going to be me," he said emphatically pointing to himself.
EW-NA
Wingleader

Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:16 pm
  • Link

Tygirtaull
--

Tygir wasn't very interested in the discussion, or rather, he wasn't interested in the others having the discussion. They could brag all they wanted, but he knew none of them knew anything more than when they woke up that morning.

Ooo~ This egg's gonna pick me~ I'm getting this~ I'm gonna be Weyrleader--- Pehhfft!

Half of them probably wouldn't even be picked-- that was the thing people were always trying to pound into their skulls left and right. Clearly no one was choosing to listen, or were just choosing to be ignorant. Tygir really didn't care either way (maybe only a little). He'd be fine missing out – just so long as he got the best looking and most radical dragon! Great things took time and effort – he certainly knew that. From his hair to his leathers and the shine on his bucklings.

And, for the record, he still thought the whole Touching thing was overblown~ As such, he wasn't very interested in being too engaging. With his gangly legs propped up over an unused chair, Tygirtaull had himself casually leaned back, using one of his thumb nails to pick between the spaces of his teeth.
Windra
Wingrider

Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:30 pm
  • Link

Candidate Liurnia - @ Costanza, Bronson

The ex-harper's mouth hung open at both the candidates' proclamations. Hot topics? Guaranteed riders? She scoffed, thumbing her own chest with a derisive snort. "Nah dude, you've got it all wrong. I'm clearly gonna be the next Weyrwoman 'round these parts. 'Course there's no goldie out there ... uh, so ... Weyrleader. Yep. Definitely. Whatever dragon's out there waitin' for me, it's gonna be the best of the best."

She was definitely sure of that, and stuck out her tongue to further deny the headstrong temperament of both the folks before her. Briefly her eyes flickered to Tygir but they got distracted by Costanza's hair, or lack thereof.

"Heck if one looks at ya, it might think you're above the age limit, boyo." Her tone was light and jeering, eyes all a-twinkle. "That green egg was a bit shy I think. Wanderer somethin'-or-other? Just kinda ... felt spooked after me n' the other one touched it."
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:22 am
  • Link

Kee

Kee was on the floor of the common room, corralling a trundlebug with her hands as it ambled across the swept stone. She should find something to carry it in and let it loose outside. They were an important part of soil ecology, even if most people didn't seem to like them very much. Well, people didn't like a lot of things that they thought were dirty, even though bugs really were fascinating creatures. Not half so fascinating as dragons.

A grin split her face as she heard the direction of the other Candidates' conversation. The Touching, and dragons! She had to refrain from bouncing upright at the thought; the trundlebug wouldn't appreciate it and would probably let its stink out.

"Oh! I don't know if I'll Impress, but I certainly hope I do, even if it means being stuck with my mother for a Turn and a half." Kee rolled her eyes at the thought, a brief expression of negativity before she grinned again. "But the eggs seemed so nice! One of them wobbled a bit too, and I think that seems like a good sign?"

Spensa

Useless. Almost all of the other Candidates were varying shades of absolutely useless. She didn't want to contemplate being in a wing with and someday having to actually rely on them. It was a good thing the existing riders were probably much better at their jobs than her classmates would ever be.

"I think the eggs were just being friendly if they responded positively to most of you," she scoffed. She didn't think about what that said about her if she had gotten many of the same sorts of responses. Obviously they had been genuine expressions of approval in her case rather than pity or innate gregariousness.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux