Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Shiny Thief [Shelb]

Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:50 pm

Shiny Thief [Shelb]

Something Salihna learned quickly was that Salihsk liked anything shiny.

Something else she learned was that if it wasn't bolted down, she would try to take it, and if it was too heavy she'd ask her handler to take it for her. So far she hadn't really minded too much, because most of the shiny things were stones or discarded tiny bits of useless metal. There were a couple tiny egg shards, too, but those she had later picked out without the hatchling noticing.

She also liked to explore on her search for her precious shiny things.

Which led to this, here.

Chasing a tiny gold wherling down the halls of the Wherhandler barracks, a stream of scarf-fabric trailing after the gold as she ran.

"Salihsk get back here, that isn't yours!" I find! I find! It shiny! It mine! Now, it wasn't so much that she was fast, considering her little legs were still tiny, but she was small and Salihna had to be careful not to accidentally trip on her, or step on the fabric scarf that she'd stolen for fear of damaging it further than the wherlet's pinprick teeth might have already.

Finally managing to get her into a corner, Salihna scooped her up, immediately earning herself a loud, screeching cry from the wherlet, muffled slightly as she refused to relinquish her stolen prize. "Tell me which room you got this from, Salihsk! We have to return it." No! It mine! I find! It mine!
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:00 pm

"Now, what is all this racket?"

Eclipsa was walking down the hallway when she saw one of the young wherlings being chased by their bonded. She had noticed something was trailing from behind the wherling and as she approached, she noticed that it was one of Eclipsk's old scarves. The wher would often fall in love with a new scarf and wear it around often, Eclipsa often keeping the old scarves in her room in case her wher wanted to wear them around.

Really, it depended on the wher's mood.

Eclipsa chuckled a bit and smiled at the two, "It seems your wherling decided to enter my room while I was away at lunch. I would say it's a good thing Eclipsk is sunbathing right now, or else she may have gotten mad at one of her scarves being stolen."
Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Salihna nearly jumped out of her skin when the sound of another voice came through, quickly spinning in a flourish of stolen fabric from the scarf. "Sorry for the trouble!" she apologized quickly. She hadn't thought for a moment about how loud she was being, but that was... a regrettably common thing for her. She tended to just... talk.

"See, Salihsk, this scarf already has an owner," she scolded, gently attempting to tug the cloth away. The whering growled softly. I find, is mine. "No, Salihsk," she scolded again. "I'm sorry, ma'am," she looked over at the other woman--the wherhandler, she could only presume--and gave an apologetic smile. "She likes to collect shiny things. I only looked away for a second and she was off."
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:12 am

Eclipsa chuckled a bit and soon thought of something. She kneeled down close to the gold wher and offered a soft smile, "How about we do a trade?" She slowly moved to feel around in her pockets before pulling out a handful of shiny stones. She had washed them earlier to clean off the dust and was thinking of adding them to a box she had in her room, but it seems that this was much more important.

She presented the stones to the wherling with a smile, "How about I trade you these shiny rocks for the scarf?" She was hoping the wherling would be allured by the stones instead of the scarf.

She knew Eclipsk wouldn't be opposed to chasing a younger wherling, regardless of color, if they stole one of her scarves.
Tyto
Weyrling

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:47 pm

The little wherlet stared at Eclipsa for a moment, then eyed the stones in her hand. Offer many shiny stones for one shiny cloth? Better deal for Salihsk, silly human, she told her bonded, who merely smiled. Salihsk had literally no concept of value, so of course she'd think many things were more valuable than one thing. Like trying to teach a child the different value of Marks; until a certain age they would always think more was worth more. But it definitely worked out in Eclipsa's favour.

Salihsk slowly opened her jaw, letting Salihna take the scarf. Salihsk accept deal, she told Eclipsa. Salihna shifted her little wher to hold carefully with one arm, making sure the scarf didn't get caught on any limbs or claws, and offered it over to Eclipsa once it was freed.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Eclipsa chuckled a bit and placed the stones in front of the young gold wher. She slowly stood up, smiling at Salihna, "Are you one of the new wherlings?" The older woman was fairly short, looking quite old despite her height.

"It seems your little wherling seems to like shiny objects." She smiled, "Eclipsk was a lot like that as a young wherling herself." Honestly, Salihsk reminded her a lot of a younger Eclipsk. The wher, when she had been young, would always try to take anything she could get her tiny claws a hold of. She would also beg Eclipsa to buy her scarves and little trinkets as well.
Tyto
Weyrling

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Salihna released her squirming wherlet, who immediately began sorting out and closely inspecting the shiny stones that she had been traded. She seemed genuinely proud of herself for having "swindled" Eclipsa out of her prized shinies for one silly cloth.

"I am!" Salihna smiled, clearly keeping a closer eye on Salihsk even as she stood. "She does, definitely. First time I've caught her taking something that belongs to somebody else, though." She was only now getting slightly more mobile, and Salihna could only imagine the trouble she'd cause once she was even bigger. For the most part, she still wasn't allowed to do a lot of running around on her own--that was something they were reinforcing in wherling lessons. "She's going to be a handful once she's out and about for real." Despite the trouble she knew was going to come of it, she couldn't help but laugh.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am

Eclipsa chuckled a bit before thinking a bit. She looked at Salihna, "Do you have a mentor? It may be a good idea to ask them for advice on how to help control her potential thievery in the future." Surely, Salihna had a mentor, especially as she had a gold wher.

There was no way no one would want to mentor her and just leave her and her wherling to their own devices, right?
Tyto
Weyrling

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:14 pm

"A mentor?" She blinked for a moment, then her brows furrowed together. A mentor... nope. She couldn't recall anyone having called themselves that, other than the wherling trainer. "I don't have a personal mentor yet, no, ma'am. I haven't actually looked for one. I should probably do that--that's definitely a good idea." She nodded her head, a little embarrassed that she hadn't thought of that on her own. Well, thus far she'd been getting along fine with her wit and her wherling lessons, but if Salihsk was going to be stealing things as she got more mobile...
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux